trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I missed the testimony, any reaction from the defendant?

No, she continued to sketch during most of the morning testimony.

Here are some images from today:

GoodDay_zps1a063f10.jpg

Trav's Sibs

DeannaNapoleon_zpsd2f7335d.jpg

Moment when Deanna says Napoleon is HER dog now.

Bangs_zps81674b94.jpg

Beginning of Deanna Reid on Cross​

NurmiLook_zps8351f068.jpg

Jodi channeling Nurmi

Pray tell, how could that be misconstrued?

Jodi herself said it was a stupid video with people dancing around with boxes on their heads. Not sure where the idea that Jodi said it was *advertiser censored* came from. jmo

Good evening everyone!
:seeya:

NG covering today's testimony...and what a good day for JUAN!!!

:great:

So far they are discussing Deanna's testimony.

Hello Kitty! :seeya: Sounds like it was a good day.

The video of ja fake sleeping on travis while he tells his robbery story,,,watch that and look at his phone hes playing with,,it can record,,ja claimed she had to record the sex tape becuse travis didnt have a phone that could do that

Absolutely they would do everything to keep that out. However, wasn't her computer damaged?

:waitasec:
It was repaired - Nurmi got the evidence sealed - but that doesn't mean Juan can't bring it in. YAY!

Those 90 pics that were on that camera, would LE have reproduced them and given them to the Alexander family?:please:

I lost my first love (and the father of my child; I was 4 months pregnant at the time) back in 1970. On his camera there were 3 photos of him from a few months before. I still cherish those photos. They were like GIFTS! Back then, especially, you were limited by film size (12, 24 or 36 photos to a roll) and processing costs, so people tended to choose their photo ops carefully.

JA looks like a little kid in a restaurant where kids are given a paper placemat and crayons to keep the tykes busy. Why doesn't JA have any interest in her own murder trial?

I felt so sorry for Steven and Sam today, especially Steven trying to be so stoic. But, I think Deanna saying that Travis was proud of their Dad, that he was recovering, meant so much to them.
Shame on Nurmi anyway, it makes me sick that Jodi and DT are allowed to dredge up this family's heartaches while attempting to create more with Jodi's lies.

I certainly hope that Nurmi is never allowed to cross-examine children, in his line of business, he seems to like his job a little too well. Just disgusting.

What's up with all the creepy smiling that Nurmi did when he was crossing Deanna? It was sooooo disgusting.

Anybody thinking what I'm thinking about the next computer guy (Brown) Juan wants to call?? Today's witness worded his statement about no *advertiser censored* being on any of TRAVIS's devices oddly.
Geez - if it were on JA's computer, I'd have to cry with joy.

That does sound like something nurmi and willmott would want out - riiiiight?

I have been saying for some time now that I was thinking that Arias has somehow hacked into Travis accounts or hacked her own account to make it APPEAR that pics were sent from Travis phone, email or computer. I know there are programs that can do this, but I'm not sure if there were around back then. There is something up with that, I noticed the wording of Juan's question also. Me thinks there is some splaining to do!

What? Didn't the witness clearly state there were three gasoline purchases? It doesn't really matter if she paid cash or not...it was the GASOLINE!!!

His question was beyond stupid.

:doh:

MOO

I think the point about her paying in cash was that if she wanted no one to know about her whereabouts or the gas cans she could have paid in cash and never left a trail. Saying that by paying with credit card she left an obvious trail and if she were guilty she would never do that. Jmo

I was just thinking how lucky he is that he was so good in his life, can you imagine the things the defense would have thrown against him had he been like most normal people and had faults and things in their history they weren't proud of? That makes me so sad to think of what the defense would have portrayed him as then.

Right?! I am fed up with how they are trying to make Travis seem like an aberration. I would understand how Travis would feel embarrassed by his actions, due to his religious beliefs, but in my eyes his actions were hardly noteworthy. For all we know, Jodi told Travis she had a BDSM, D/s, or whatever fantasy and Travis was trying to fill that role. Remember how popular that '50 Shades of Grey' series was? It never would have sold so well if women didn't have fantasies about dominant men and yes, even forceful sex. Now more than ever, I think Jodi was the driving force behind the more adventurous sexcapades. :stormingmad:

It was repaired - Nurmi got the evidence sealed - but that doesn't mean Juan can't bring it in. YAY!

Evidence sealed hmmm...wonder if there were searches on it like KCA had on hers... like, how to off someone and make it look like ninja's did it?

This is my thinking on JS. She is inexperienced, and does NOT know where the line is of what is appealable (is that a word) and what will fly. She is letting the DT hold the threat of an appeal over her head, and they are wining.
Nobody wants someone who is innocent to go to prison. But what if JS bens so far the other direction, the result is a lesser sentence for JA than should rightfully be. That's not fair to Travis and his family. Seems the entire system errs far, far, far to the side of the perp rather than the victim.
We need an overhaul.

Totally agree, but there is point to say ok, the DT is going to appeal regardless of my rulings. Why delay for a surrebuttal? Let's get this going and end it after the Juan's rebuttal. No matter what she decides, the defense is going to file an appeal! And of course we're not privy to the motion for the surrebuttal or the counter by Juan, but imo this is not a strong appeal if she denies. Maybe lawyers could weigh in?

I felt so sorry for Steven and Sam today, especially Steven trying to be so stoic. But, I think Deanna saying that Travis was proud of their Dad, that he was recovering, meant so much to them.
Shame on Nurmi anyway, it makes me sick that Jodi and DT are allowed to dredge up this family's heartaches while attempting to create more with Jodi's lies.

I certainly hope that Nurmi is never allowed to cross-examine children, in his line of business, he seems to like his job a little too well. Just disgusting.

I'm not a sappy person by nature and while I feel sympathy for the victims and families in various crime reports, other trials I've watched, and in this trial, I don't get emotional because these are not people I know.

But when the camera went on Samantha and Steven today my tears flowed with theirs. It caught me by surprise and even now I am tearing up just thinking about it. Those of us who have had less than ideal parents still love them and this was the emotional connection that I made with the Alexander family today.

Remember Jodi talking to Flores on the phone and calling a former room-mate a "deviant", Travis either had him leave or he moved out suddenly. Imo, Jodi knew something and was looking for someone to divert suspicion on. Was this that Brown guy?

him that day and she had some kind of plan as to how to accomplish that. It invovled lies becasue everything she does involves lies. So, no, I don't really believe the "simple" story the DT wants to sell. That he wanted her to come and was expecting her, that they spent all those hours together, had sex, took pictures-if that's the story Jodi is selling we know it's not true. But I don't know what really happened-what time she really entered the house, whether Travis was aware of it, how the pics were taken etc.

The prosecution doesn't care about finding out or refuting her version as Jodi's version works fine for them. It's creepy enough and incriminating enough from their perspective to sleep with a guy you're planning to kill. Since they are comfortable with their premeditation evidence the story of those hours is legally irrelevant. But, no, I just don't believe it was this lengthy, happy visit with many hours of consensual activity. I'd love to know what Juan thinks really happened or if they have any clue.

I agree 100%. She used a timer to take the photos. You can tell by the look on her face that she was rushing to get into position before the timer went off.

I think the point about her paying in cash was that if she wanted no one to know about her whereabouts or the gas cans she could have paid in cash and never left a trail. Saying that by paying with credit card she left an obvious trail and if she were guilty she would never do that. Jmo

Wasn't that gas station in Utah and she told people that she was going to Utah?
She left a trail in Utah to prove that she was in Utah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member