trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't Juan just ask DB what color her hair was when she picked up the gas cans? Nurmi didn't ask either. I thought that was weird.
Rule #1 never ask a question you do not know the answer to?
Probably TA's sense of regret for letting her sucker him into another escapade sinking in. I think the pics we see are post-sex, IMO, and he would likely be starting to regret his actions.

JMO
I guess, even more so if he had been to the Bishop and gave in again.
someone correct of me of I am wrong
But Travis went in front of his Bishop to confess his was intimate with D
Then he again had to so for Jodi-right?
Yes.

If the trail starts at 1:30 must be 4:30 my time am I right are wrong ?

someone correct of me of I am wrong
But Travis went in front of his Bishop to confess his was intimate with D
Then he again had to so for Jodi-right?

According Mormon practice, he would have had to confess his activities with Jodi to his bishop, but there is some conflicting information about whether or not he did. Jodi says that she tried to get him to confess, but he feared that doing so would hurt his standing in the community and, thus, with PPL. Other friends who have been on TV have alluded to the fact that he may have gone to his bishop with regard to the Jodi sexcapades as well.

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews

For those keeping score @ home: Martinez, Willmott, Det Flores & #TravisAlexander siblings now in courtroom 4 hearing that's "not happening"

https://twitter.com/chriswnews

I guess we will know what happened at the hearing by the looks on JA's and Wilmont's. They appeared happy at the end of the trial day yesterday. Wonder what that was about.
JC reporting Jean Dixton is suppose to testify about bank records. Robert Brown to testify about JA's phone. A witness to testify about hair color.
HLN reporter is speculating that JA had more money on her than she testified to.

These people will just reinforce premeditation and they need to be heard. The DF is just running on empty.

Why didn't Juan just ask DB what color her hair was when she picked up the gas cans? Nurmi didn't ask either. I thought that was weird.

Great question! I thought it was weird also!

Here's my post (from hair thread) from two days ago about others who might have been able to give an account of JA's hair color days before the murder:

I hope we're going to see some proof this week of when exactly JA dyed her hair brown from blonde!

As far as I know, we still don't know the following witnesses' accounts of JA's hair color in the days prior to TA's murder:
6/2/08
JA's Gma/Gpa before she left Yreka on her murderous trip.
JA's relative who dropped her off at Redding CA Budget car rental.
JA's sister who JA visited in Hollister CA.
MattMcC and his roommate in Santa Cruz/Monterey CA.
PaulS, JA ran into him while out with MattMcC and roommate.

6/3/08
DarryB
Washington Mutual in ?Monterey? security photos?
Salon reps in Salinas where JA said she had her nails done.
Walmart-Salinas CA security photos?
CVS-Pasadena CA security photos?​

It's not normal to be SO disappointed that this hearing is being held in chambers. I need some help and a life!

We came all this way and then told to go home til later!?:banghead:

Don't these peeps realize we have lives we need to attend to and they disrupted us unnecessarily this morning?

Why, I coulda' done something around the house, or virtually go to my bank, or, .............. well, nevermind, I may :eek:fftobed: till the jury gets in.

For Goodness Sake!
:moo:

fran

Go get them Mods. Maybe we will see some real results. I have witnessed mod-badassery first hand. Sincerely. :scared:

So only the defense is in chambers, no doubt crying about something.

I suppose its a good thing trial doesn't come on til later. My forgetful dork of a husband forgot to drop off the Electric bill so I'm sitting here in the dark , cold house waiting on the slow utility guy to come turn it back on! Ugh! I guess that old saying rings true 'if you want something done right , do it yourself!'

I work for my local utility company, want to know how to turn it back on ????
Totally Kidding, hopefully they get there soon, here we are in no hurry to turn people back on, we do all normal work first.

He would have probably said he did not know.

Did you watch his testimony? He was so vague...I don't know...I don't remember.

When Juan asked him about Jodi getting her implants because DB's ex-wife got implants,
DB said he did not know his ex got them.

What?? :eek:

Ok, a man might not know the color of her hair, the day of the week, if the sun is shining....BUT they know if their ex got implants!

:rockon: :doh: :rockon:

I am not knocking the time zone for this...but come on with the trial already....the time schedules on this do not match with common sense.

No match for common sense for sure - darn that "green wich time" anyhow. Trial will start after diner today and will get over at bedtime here. :floorlaugh:

While we are waiting, my daughter helped deliver identical twin fillies early this morning. Very very very rare. Both are healthy which is even more rare. Miracles do happen. Praying for one in this trial.

I wonder why they would not allow these people to testify. I don't understand when
the court says they are too prejudicial. How can someone be too prejudicial when she said she killed Travis.

I see prejudicial means harmful, injurious, detrimental, malign, or pernicious. But how can any of these witnesses be any of the above if that is what they saw, found or heard Jodi say.

Sorry I don't understand prejudicial in this sense.

This is a term (prejudicial) that is getting misused in connection with this trial. The legal standard for the admissibiilty of evidence is "relevance". And relevance is a legal "balancing test" that the judge uses to determine admissibility. The two components of the balancing test are "probative" and "prejudicial". For evidence to be admitted it has to be more probative than prejudicial. Probative is something that will assist the trier of fact (the jury) prove or disprove an element of the case. It's subjective. Many times a judge will rule an item isn't probative enough if it involves an issue collateral to the case. Or in some cases the prejudice outweighs the probative value. So it's not just a matter of whether an item is harmful or detrimental. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwells1000