Trial Discussion Thread #19 - 14.04.07, Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel is a weeny bit scarey like this.......

Nel asking which of the shots labelled abcd in door hit Reeva where and witness says he cannot say. 'They're fairly close...I can't in all honesty say A was the first shot, B the second...

N: One of them missed. Can you say which, looking at the door?

Witness: I would not be able to say....holes through the door all roughly the same heigh but injuries in her body all at different heights...you have to try and work out the heights where she was at

N: You started by saying the hip wound was the lowest! In the toilet she wasn't standing in an anatomical position...

Witnss: Nobody can say for certain what position she was standing in...

Whatever is the Professor doing giving ballistics evidence? I hope Roux didn't ask him to do this.

This is a very good start for Nel. He has a tetchy and defensive witness on the ropes and nothing strongly supportive has been laid down for the DT.
Nel is in a different league to Roux already and is also on much much stronger ground.

This guy should not have talked about the sequence of the shots, he does not know what he is talking about and Mr. Nel is tearing him apart.

N: You stood there, you told the court I know the position the wounds were sustained in-

Wit: I am not that presumptious. I did not say I know

N: You said if she was hit in right hip she would fall twrds the right. If A hit her in the hip, where would she fall?

B: She'd fall backwards

N: That's exactly what Cpt M said! She'd fall backwards into the mag rack!

Always thought strange how Mangena couldn't decide whether arm or head-shot were the last because of what OP's expert just said, i.e. she couldn't have lifted her arm to cover her head if the head shot were last and if the head-shot were 3rd then she couldn't have lifted her arm either. Unless of course it was a double tap. Don't know if in SA the PT has rebuttal and can call Mangena to explain why this expert is wrong but think he really needs to if he can.

I recall that Mangena did decide that the hip shot, then arm shot and the head shot was last, but could not decide which corresponding bullet hole C or D was for the head or arm.

From "I put it to you".... to the new meme "I challenge you.."

Nel seems much more on the ball than Roux. Much sharper thinking. The slowness of thought with Roux was something that irritated me somewhat.

Somehow, Nel is getting him to put door hole numbers to each of the wounds, even when he said he couldn't: 'I'm going to help you' (Nel)......

Nel now holding his forearm in a raised position, showing how bullet went through it and into Reeva's chest. B is agreeing, but adds 'She must have been close to the door'.

Nel not liking that: 'It's impossible! She fell backwards!'

Oh man, Im sitting here chuckling at my desk, we are in for an interesting week!

LOl, B said he was unable to give an answer as he's not a ballistician, then Nel says 'Why did you give an opinion on it before then?'

They are now discussing the head wound, showing pic of tissue embedded in toilet seat...:(

They are showing the photo. It shows broken hair embedded in tissue, across the inside lid of toilet.

This guy should not have talked about the sequence of the shots, he does not know what he is talking about and Mr. Nel is tearing him apart.

If the rest of the DT's witnesses are as badly prepared for Nel as this then this could be a brutal phase of the trial.
I cannot even imagine how OP is going to fare if he gets on the stand shortly. I just cannot see him lasting out, especially if it turns into days on the stand and have a bad feeling that he is going to get taken ill or not continue for some reason. I really hope not.

Now showing pic of the blood in toilet and on the floor. Nel says they are 'not linked' so can we presume they are from 2 separate wounds? and B agrees.

And now Nel is showing blood spatter on tiles on zoom that B has just said were not there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637