Trial Discussion Thread #19 - 14.04.07, Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised such a detailed photo was shown, and honestly can't see what anyone's talking about - it looks nothing like any kind of abrasion to me. The skin surface didn't seem damaged at all? It looked like some small object hit her with some force.

It was a bullet that did that. That is a small mark but under magnification you can see the striations, parallel lines running across the mark; those lines are imprinted on the bullet as it travels down the barrel of the gun. So the magazine rack did not make that mark, a ricochet bullet made that mark.

Or four Weetabix. There were old ads in the UK featuring a cricketer that implied only a superman could eat more than two....

Just googled Weetabix. They don't look particularly delicious.

Brilliant slam dunk for Nel against Botha! Hahaha. Totalled him with let's go through this together line!

It was a bullet that did that. That is a small mark but under magnification you can see the striations, parallel lines running across the mark; those lines are imprinted on the bullet as it travels down the barrel of the gun. So the magazine rack did not make that mark, a ricochet bullet made that mark.

Yep ..

They are when they've gone all soggy with the milk and a nice layer of crunchy sugar on the top .. well that's how I have mine, anyway :-D

The entire sequence of shots just got agreed to by defence pathologist!

Quick question .
Was there any mention of whether Reggie will give evidence later or why he he didn't present his findings bearing in mind he was at the autopsy ?

Finally the trial, exciting, I’ve spend forever reading Websleuths this week to keep up with all of you and I’ve written a huge post on the what I think is unlikely from Pistorius version. Seems inappropriate to post it while we are all following along, will post it after the day ends. And then I can edit it from the information what we hear more about now ;)

This expert is having a rough grilling from Nel, I don’t understand what a pathologist is doing talking about ballistics? What is Roux strategy here, doesn’t making sense to put them on the stand, talking about another area of field.

I wish Pistorius would stop crying. It’s like he’s either trying to pull focus to himself because it always has to be about his emotions not what’s being said by experts – or he can’t control his emotions, not a great thing to reveal if the prosecution wants us to see that he’s emotionally unstable enough to get angry and fire at his girlfriend. Possibly would get a better psychologist for him too.

Lol, just as sarcastic and aggressive as Roux. Somehow I don't think he'll get the same flack.

It depends, if he starts using hypotheticals without presenting the evidence to support them, you bet he will!

Just like a certain Bateman tweeted that Botha agreed that the two injuries portrayed by the blood on the toilet and on the floor beside it were from the head and the hip... not so, it was the head and the arm. Perhaps he was too busy typing to hear it correctly... lol

They are when they've gone all soggy with the milk and a nice layer of crunchy sugar on the top .. well that's how I have mine, anyway :-D
Me too, and I always heat the milk, very yum!

Or taste it, to be honest. I know someone who used to eat them with butter and jam, like biscuits. Ugh.

O/T...

Just reported on CNN, Mickey Rooney, dead at 93. :(

Brilliant start by Nel. Serious mistake by defense to have your pathologist talk about ballistics. They should know better.

Or four Weetabix. There were old ads in the UK featuring a cricketer that implied only a superman could eat more than two....

Ah! but how long will they remain in your stomach?:floorlaugh:

It depends, if he starts using hypotheticals without presenting the evidence to support them, you bet he will!

Just like a certain Bateman tweeted that Botha agreed that the two injuries portrayed by the blood on the toilet and on the floor beside it were from the head and the hip... not so, it was the head and the arm. Perhaps he was too busy typing to hear it correctly... lol

There's nothing wrong with putting forth hypotheticals when questioning a witness. All attorneys do it and I'm certain Nel will, too.

I don't know what the rest of the post means?...

lawd, I think OP is going to make a mess on the stand, I wonder how Roux has prepared him? Its going to be awful is he is sobbing and hurling while sitting up there! We may not be able to make out what he is saying!

Or taste it, to be honest. I know someone who used to eat them with butter and jam, like biscuits. Ugh.

All this talk of food has made me hungry . Couldn't face my breakfast earlier but have suddenly just got my appetite back ...... Can't think why :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125