Trial Discussion Thread #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not clear to me that all those texts (35,000 pages, really? :eek:) were between her and OP. She seems to have had a lot of friends, and she would have been conversing with them too, as well as family.

Duh, my bad :doh:. Good point. Now that I think about it, I may have read somewhere that the OP/Reeva exchanges were around 1760 total but I'd have to hunt up that link.

If that's the case, then only a handful would have been 'not loving'. I'd sure like to see all the messages - some members here may be more qualified than the dt to decipher what constitues loving and not loving.

ETA: Well there goes my rant! :blushing: 4/1700+. Still four too many.
http://news.sky.com/story/1231424/pistorius-trial-hears-messages-from-baba

Are you seriously saying ~Roux was angry because he didn't have time to prompt Vorster because she came into court by another door?

Please..................that is ridiculous.
And anyone saying as much without proof is stretching it to say the least.
Definitely something happened between Roux and his assistant but when exactly was Roux going to 'brief' her.................in the aisle leading up to her swearing in?

Do me a favour perleeeez lol

Roux wouldn't have done that himself - he delegates such jobs to his assistants.

Duh, my bad :blushing:. Good point. Now that I think about it, I may have read somewhere that the OP/Reeva exchanges were around 1760 total but I'd have to hunt up that link.

If that's the case, then only a handful would have been 'not loving' - I'd sure love to see all the messages!

I daresay a lot of the messages were to the likes of Twitter and Faceballs.

CriLondon, is it possible to reduce the size of your photo? It's blown the margins! :smile:

CriLondon, is it possible to reduce the size of your photo? It's blown the margins! :smile:

Sorry guys didn't mean to!! I'm not such an expert , i can research how to...unless someone can quickly explain it would be very appreciated!!

It's not clear to me that all those texts (35,000 pages, really? :eek:) were between her and OP. She seems to have had a lot of friends, and she would have been conversing with them too, as well as family.
Reeva didn't meet OP until 4th November, so they'd only been together about 13 weeks. That's just under 3,000 pages of texts per week. I think that would be impossible, unless the pages were the size of a postage stamp :smile:

Sorry guys didn't mean to!! I'm not such an expert , i can research how to...unless someone can quickly explain it would be very appreciated!!

Thought it would be quicker to remove the image and leave the link, sorry!!

It's very easy to blow the margins, don't worry! If you're using a pic from your computer, you can just resize it. If it's from a website, can you save it to a photo-editing program and then resize it from there? Otherwise, don't worry. The margins will be fine once we get to the next page.

Roux wouldn't have done that himself - he delegates such jobs to his assistants.

I totally agree but it seems some are saying Roux was angry because Vorster came in another door and he didn't have time to brief her then he lambasted his assistant because of this which we all saw.
Sorry but................he didn't even have her report because it was all done 'spur of the moment' and I doubt he'd even met her let alone have time to 'brief' her before she took the stand.
All last minute and desperate IMO.

It's very easy to blow the margins, don't worry! If you're using a pic from your computer, you can just resize it. If it's from a website, can you save it to a photo-editing program and then resize it from there? Otherwise, don't worry. The margins will be fine once we get to the next page.

Thank you for that, duly noted . I'll re-size in future , sorry again!! :)

Thank you for that, duly noted . I'll re-size in future , sorry again!! :)
Awwww, no need to say sorry Cri. We often get blown margins round here.

Once we get to a new page, they're normal again.

I totally agree but it seems some are saying Roux was angry because Vorster came in another door and he didn't have time to brief her then he lambasted his assistant because of this which we all saw.
Sorry but................he didn't even have her report because it was all done 'spur of the moment' and I doubt he'd even met her let alone have time to 'brief' her before she took the stand.
All last minute and desperate IMO.

Yep, that's the point - they were supposed to waylay her outside, but she evaded their clutches :D

BatGunKicks`s theory (thank you for the excellent work) and the door panel being loosened from the bat hits and shots made me think that perhaps OP was in a mad frenzy trying to break the door open and used the gun to try to shoot open the door/panel. The last shots were close to the door handle. So perhaps at that point he was not actually trying to kill her, not that it is in any way acceptable to shoot in such a reckless manner towards a person.

I realize I'm not a gun supporter, but seriously, why not just use his spare key for it? There were a bunch of presumably spare house keys in that drawer with the watch he appears to wear in court, along with the gun he used to kill RS with... if opening the door was the problem, then instead of grabbing the gun why not the keys??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2282675/Oscar-Pistorius-case-The-gun-Blade-Runner-kept-bed-pictured.html
article-2282675-182CE6FB000005DC-703_634x479.jpg

Yes, he did adjust his aim but was he actually able to see where she was?

But your theory in totality makes a lot of sense, I agree.

I can see quite clearly through the hole in the door, perhaps he could have at least been able to tell where she wasn't in that small 3.5-4.0' square cubicle?

Attachments

• door sequence3.jpg
    door sequence3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 32
  • door-with-markers1_zps27d0466c.jpg
    door-with-markers1_zps27d0466c.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 28
I can see quite clearly through the hole in the door, perhaps he could have at least been able to tell where she wasn't in that small 3.5-4.0' square cubicle?

Assuming , for argument's sake that bat-gun-kick theory is correct, follow the rods back (on your pic)to where OP is meant to be and it's safe to say one CAN see inside , it's quite perfectly in line from what i can see.
Bearing in mind the small size of the cubicle i don't see much difficulty in catching a glimpse through that broken panel from where OP was standing.

JMO:twocents:

partial quote
On Monday Capt Moller revealed he had been able to extract some 35,000 pages' worth of messages from Ms Steenkamp's phone.

He said that 90% of the messages between the couple were loving, but he had picked out exceptions.
To be more precise, I think Moller said 90% of the messages were normal, and many were loving. That's a paraphrase, I can't remember exactly. But it's a distinction worth noting I think.

Duh, my bad :doh:. Good point. Now that I think about it, I may have read somewhere that the OP/Reeva exchanges were around 1760 total but I'd have to hunt up that link.

If that's the case, then only a handful would have been 'not loving'. I'd sure like to see all the messages - some members here may be more qualified than the dt to decipher what constitues loving and not loving.

ETA: Well there goes my rant! :blushing: 4/1700+. Still four too many.

I just read that article and I don't recall this from the trial, anyone else? Just wondering if she had a "spare" phone that she kept in her handbag that had gone missing...the handbag that OP's sister and Ms.S. "stole" from the crime scene.

There was activity on Ms Steenkamp's phone 11 hours after she died, records showed.

partial quoteTo be more precise, I think Moller said 90% of the messages were normal, and many were loving. That's a paraphrase, I can't remember exactly. But it's a distinction worth noting I think.

I'd like to see a breakdown of that 90%, as in how many conversations as opposed to one word/line responses within a single conversation did they constitute? Also the article states,

bbm
Under questioning from chief prosecutor Gerrie Nel, police IT expert Captain Francois Moller said there were no long, loving messages. This was a contrast Mr Nel tried to make with the texts of them arguing.

Assuming , for argument's sake that bat-gun-kick theory is correct, follow the rods back (on your pic)to where OP is meant to be and it's safe to say one CAN see inside , it's quite perfectly in line from what i can see.
Bearing in mind the small size of the cubicle i don't see much difficulty in catching a glimpse through that broken panel from where OP was standing.

JMO:twocents:

Thanks, it's a point I've tried to make more than a few times... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname