Trial Discussion weekend Thread #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the State's ballistics expert say that the hole in the bedroom door was a bullet hole? I thought it could have been a peep hole Oscar carved into the door - which seems like something he would do because of his paranoia.

The gift was a photo frame with 4 pictures of them together in it. I highly doubt she'd give him such a thing intending to dump him. It would kind of be rubbing salt in the wound don't you think?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Not if she wanted to remain good friends.

Did the State's ballistics expert say that the hole in the bedroom door was a bullet hole? I thought it could have been a peep hole Oscar carved into the door - which seems like something he would do because of his paranoia.

In true Nel style...no they haven't said anything at all about it...yet. Just presented it as evdience that can be gone back to. Which I am sure they will.

Without direct evidence/eye witness reports, an argument could certainly be proved by circumstantial evidence, and that is what the State is trying to do.

The problem is, it takes several pieces of circumstantial evidence to really prove something (usually) and the State doesn't seem to have the evidence.

If they had witnesses hearing an argument between a man and woman and could identify it as coming from Oscar's house, or if they had text messages that indicated that an argument was going on, that would go a long way towards proving an argument by circumstantial evidence. All the state has though is one witness who heard a woman's voice talking loudly - maybe arguing - but she couldn't hear the other side and couldn't identify it as coming from Oscar's house.

The other way they could come closer to proving that there was an argument leading up to the shooting is if they can prove that Oscar's version could not have possibly happened. That's what I'm waiting for - to see if they can really undermine his account.

I figure they have to win you to win the case, because you will think like the Judge, IMO. :seeya:

LOL! When this issue first came out you said it was likely just a nail hole from a picture OP had hung on the door. But to your point, a 4mm hole in the door would be impossible for the human eye to use as a peep hole.

LOL! When this issue first came out you said it was likely just a nail hole from a picture OP had hung on the door. But to your point, a 4mm hole in the door would be impossible for the human eye to use as a peep hole.

And 4mm seems to be a standard pellet size.

I missed the early part of Monday and was just having a read through, Did Oscar really make this slip up at the start of his testimony

10:10 - Roux asks time between gunshots and cricket bat hitting the door. OP says about five minutes.

Pistorius: I marked out distance that I walked on stumps, how fast I could walk - five minutes between cricket bat, fired weapon

five minutes between cricket bat-fired weapon?, shouldn't that be the other way round?.

bbm-The question is when did he first mark out the distance? Did he plan on how long it would take him? He hasn't been allowed back in the house since he was first arrested, so unless that's what he was doing during that 19 minutes before he called Stander and waited until RS stopped bleeding out so he could take her downstairs with less mess to clean up.

Plus that's totally ignoring half his testimony of having run to do this and run to do that.

In true Nel style...no they haven't said anything at all about it...yet. Just presented it as evdience that can be gone back to. Which I am sure they will.

Thanks - so no trajectory rods for that hole or anything other than just showing a hole and measuring it? That's so weird.

I have a pellet pistol for fun with the kids. It is a .177 caliber pellet - a very small pellet. I know you can buy a .22 caliber pellet as well and people use those rifles to kill small animals (rabbits, squirrels, etc...), and they do buy silencers for their rifles so that the noise doesn't frighten off all of the nearby animals while they are hunting.

Oh for goodness sake. You can't really believe that.

I can't? I do.

They dated for 4 months and she was mature enough to see it was not going to work out.

I don't think he was.

I figure they have to win you to win the case, because you will think like the Judge, IMO. :seeya:

I know that this wasn't addressed to me so I hope you don't mind me butting in here, but, I really think the judge is viewing OP with a lot of charity in her heart for him. I may be wrong but that is the read I am getting from her demeanor and questions.

I believe if she can find any way to lawfully slap OP on the wrist that is what she will do. He was the face of SA for a while and that IMO is going to figure into her decision. I still think that the bar of "reasonable" is going to be lowered due to OP's disability.

JMO

Well if it's a pellet hole they should have done some kind of ballistics testing on it. The fact that they presented nothing about it indicates to me that it is not related or that they know how Oscar is going to explain it (kind of like the broken part of the bedroom door).

p.s. I don't remember them saying it was 4 mm. I think I was tuning out during some of the technical evidence. :)

I'm hoping one of the things they will query OP about is the card RS gave him for Valentine's ... good or bad I just want to know.:)

I can't? I do.

They dated for 4 months and she was mature enough to see it was not going to work out.

I don't think he was.

What person would give a gift of "couple" photos on Valentine's Day, nicely framed, if she intended to break up with him? That doesn't make sense unless she was actually trying to be spiteful. What a slap in the face. "Here baby, some lovely romantic pics to remember me by. Oh by the way, you're dumped."

Maybe it's purse fighting if you're American.

I'm hoping one of the things they will query OP about is the card RS gave him for Valentine's ... good or bad I just want to know.:)

They should have taken that into evidence.

I think I remember him mentioning that on the stand. He opened it on some anniversary. But I can't remember what he said about it.

Well if it's a pellet hole they should have done some kind of ballistics testing on it. The fact that they presented nothing about it indicates to me that it is not related or that they know how Oscar is going to explain it (kind of like the broken part of the bedroom door).

p.s. I don't remember them saying it was 4 mm. I think I was tuning out during some of the technical evidence. :)

Much more interesting is that is caused Roux heart palpitations and he grilled witness, photographer about it, who said 'I did not photo this first day as it was not moveable evidence, I concentrated on moveable evidence that could be tampered.'

FYI. A Websleuths "verified attorney" can be as biased as any other WS member, either for or against Mr. Pistorius. It is probably not a very good idea to assume that they represent the thinking of Judge Masipa. This is the Internet! LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86