TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on testimony it sounds like Tammy was in the process of trying to become more physically fit and losing weight. I'm sure this was at least partly for herself but you also have to wonder...

I am sure that she "knew" CD was straying. I wonder if he did before, but never found anyone who believed in his garbage before LVD.

IMO it's not too much to reiterate for the 10th time that Tammy was healthy when she died. Her own children will claim the opposite. JP can probably try to discredit one or two other witnesses, but not all.
I am so glad that I cannot readily watch this trial. So much of the health and body image shaming IMO is disgusting. Whether invoked for an adult or a child. And several of those referenced are now dead, sadly at the hands of others. One would think the jury just might observe the undercurrent on that too.

Let me try to say this nicely: just observing also, that IMO CD doesn’t seem to be a paragon of health either. And I am not commenting on any possible mental aspects of his health. MOO

Ps…. a thank you to lightofmine99 on the wonderful use of the word ‘paragon’ on another recent WS thread. Yep, I had to look it up.

I thought Lori flew back for Tammy's service? I could have sworn Melaniece testified to that earlier.
There were two services - funeral in Utah - that TD’s family was talking about and him being late to the meal afterwards. LVD was still in Hawaii at the time and it was the same day of the user search for wedding dresses.

Second service was a memorial in Rexburg on the 23rd and that’s the day LVD flew back from Hawaii. I do not recall anyone saying that she went to that memorial and do not know what time it was or what time she got back to town. But I do recall MG saying in one of her LE interviews (I think) that LVD had the Daybell children over to her house for cookies after the memorial and they fell in love with her. I recall that because I thought it was so bizarre.

Next State witness (#61) is Samantha Gwilliam. My notes from LVD's trial:

37 - SAMANTHA GWILLIAM: STATE WITNESS, TD’s sister (summary 1, 2, audio Apr27, Apr28)
Events leading up to TD’s death, learning of TD’s death from CD (Oct 2019), learning of CD & LVD’s marriage - “There’s no children and they were going to be empty nesters.” (Nov 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about TD’s obituary stating she “died peacefully in her sleep” (per CD); CD’s near-death experiences, books, and work as sexton

IMO it's not too much to reiterate for the 10th time that Tammy was healthy when she died. Her own children will claim the opposite. JP can probably try to discredit one or two other witnesses, but not all.

I agree, I didn't mean to disparage the defense, but...we have heard this testimony several times, from Tammy's neighbors, co-workers, church friends. "She seemed perfectly healthy". JMO, but it is getting redundant. And also makes it seem like there is no other evidence against CD for Tammy's murder aside from "everyone says she seemed healthy". Except CD.

There were two services - funeral in Utah - that TD’s family was talking about and him being late to the meal afterwards. LVD was still in Hawaii at the time and it was the same day of the user search for wedding dresses.

Second service was a memorial in Rexburg on the 23rd and that’s the day LVD flew back from Hawaii. I do not recall anyone saying that she went to that memorial and do not know what time it was or what time she got back to town. But I do recall MG saying in one of her LE interviews (I think) that LVD had the Daybell children over to her house for cookies after the memorial and they fell in love with her. I recall that because I thought it was so bizarre.
I also seem to remember that right after their mother died, some of them took a trip with Chad and Lori to San Diego for a little beach get away. Anyone else recall hearing or reading that? I was floored. "Sorry about mom but I've got this hot new girlfriend and she loves the beach so wanna go to California with us?" WTAF?

I feel for Tammy’s sister.

Prior better tread very lightly with her on cross….or he will alienate this jury….if he hasn’t already.

Given all of his objections on direct, I don’t think he will.

Thinking about Heather Daybell and how she knew something was wrong and tried to tell people; but was labeled a troublemaker, (I think "pot-stirrer" is what her in-laws called her) accused of exaggerating, etc. People chose to believe what they wanted to; loyalty to Chad, etc.

That's how people like Chad are able to get away with this stuff, no oversight. Don't believe this woman over here, be loyal to this man over there. Chad had privilege and entitlement as a man, as a church member, as the leader of his family. People wouldn't question him. Except the "outlaw" in-law, who had known him a long time, and most improtantly, had the guts to speak out.

How many people have apologized to Heather? Few to none, I bet. She was a "whistleblower" in effect. And whistleblowers are not popular.

It makes me think about times when I have been "Heather," and wasn't listened to; and times when I would not listen to a "Heather," regretfully.

It takes courage to go against prevailing beliefs and be the only or one of the few voices speaking out. I'm thinking now, who am I not listening to? What am I believing because I want to, and against my better judgement?

Thinking about Heather Daybell and how she knew something was wrong and tried to tell people; but was labeled a troublemaker, (I think "pot-stirrer" is what her in-laws called her) accused of exaggerating, etc. People chose to believe what they wanted to; loyalty to Chad, etc.

That's how people like Chad are able to get away with this stuff, no oversight. Don't believe this woman over here, be loyal to this man over there. Chad had privilege and entitlement as a man, as a church member, as the leader of his family. People wouldn't question him. Except the "outlaw" in-law, who had known him a long time, and most improtantly, had the guts to speak out.

How many people have apologized to Heather? Few to none, I bet. She was a "whistleblower" in effect. And whistleblowers are not popular.

It makes me think about times when I have been "Heather," and wasn't listened to; and times when I would not listen to a "Heather," regretfully.

It takes courage to go against prevailing beliefs and be the only or one of the few voices speaking out. I'm thinking now, who am I not listening to? What am I believing because I want to, and against my better judgement?

Yes. It reminds me of the Duggar family, and how Jill Duggar, when she disclosed issues about her brother, Josh Duggar, her mother responded that she "didn't like 'tattletales'.". Really?!

JP implied that Chad's kids had a discussion via text regarding "wildlife" and looking for raccoons, in an attempt to bolster some credibility in Chad's raccoon text to Tammy. I'm highly skeptical, of course. Does anybody have more information on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves