TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
To testify about...lack of smells?

Gunshots. How is this going to go well for Prior? I'm confused.
Well, he got her down to 1 gunshot. But she sounded unsure whether there were more shots. Wishy-washy testimony. More on the raccoons. [Eye roll] She talked to Rob Wood, she says, during her interview. A nothing burger?

I don't know what the defense was trying to gain by this witness. Did he want to show that she was working for the state or trying to create something for them?

She seems genuine in that she heard something and reported something to the police. Also seems a genuine concern for finding the kids.

How on earth does the LDS Church deal with the negative impact these horrendous events have on their teachings? Don’t live in USA so very curious how it’s all being handled from their perspective?
I don't know. There aren't very many LDS people in my neck of the southeast. I am not LDS myself. This (and other cases where the LDS religion came into play) have not caused me to think negatively of all adherents at all. There's a wide variety of opinions of the church found in discussions of this case:
  • Ex-LDS who are extremely critical if not hostile towards Mormonism
  • Ex-LDS who are not hostile towards it
  • Non-LDS who are hostile towards it
  • Non-LDS who don't care too much either way
  • Current LDS who are critical while still being church members
Local church leaders (meaning in the Daybells' ward) seriously dropped the ball with Chad. Per Heather, he was allowed to move up in leadership rather swiftly and Heather's voiced concerns were ignored. These concerns were shared with her husband so I don't think it was just because she was a woman (Heather also held power in the ward at the time). I don't think the church has officially disavowed the book "Visions of Glory" but they have excommunicated Julie Rowe and many of the PAP/AVOW people. But, regardless I don't think the Church is doing enough to tell these people to p*ss off.

I have done a lot of research into Mormonism over the years and while I do not personally share most of their beliefs or practices, and do in fact find much of it dubious, the plain fact is that most of them aren't going around murdering kids because they think they are possessed by zombie raccoon portals. I can't imagine what life would be like if most of them were. I think about the few LDS people I know personally (classmates, coworkers) and none of them are like the Daybell clan at all. Very normal, no creepy robotic voices, much like Tammy in their activities and work ethic, the men aren't lazy bum writers, etc. It is very hard for me to picture them being anything but appalled at what has happened here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX