Trial - Ross Harris #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really, really got to me. To the extent I've watched it umpteen times. I realised RH thought he was going home when Stoddard hands him pen/paper to write down some numbers. When Stoddard leaves for a few seconds, tension eases. RH says to LH he 'can't even get the car, they towed it'. Leanna tells him hers is at the tree house. They both tense and grasp hands when they realise the significance of writing down those numbers. Then he asks what the next steps are. For him.

I waited on them asking where Cooper was. During RH's interviews with LE, I willed him to ask where his little boy might be now. Just like I willed him to knock on the door and demand to know what was going on when he was left alone in the room. When he did knock that door, I was deflated that it was to use the rest room.

No way of knowing what LH asked LE when on her own. Together though, they didn't even touch on what happened to Cooper, wonder where he might have been taken to, even hoping someone was 'looking after' him. As bereaved parents do. As many bereaved do even when the loss isn't a child. They did talk about him having had a sausage biscuit when he fell asleep though. Not forgetting the little chat - in between telling and agreeing with him he was a great father - when she asked if they can have another child. Just like that.

God give me strength. <Self mod-snip.> There is something very, very, wrong here, and not just with him.

ScotAng, thank you for your post. Maybe that's why I'm having such an over the top response to Ross' and Leanna's behavior. No asking where Cooper is, can they see him, did he suffer. Yes, everyone grieves differently, but they do grieve. I didn't see that in either video.

Oh for FFS - the text is the text is the text. Ross texted this: if it weren't for Cooper he would have left Leanna by now. And you want to interpret it as what? That maybe he mighta sorta kinda meant something else? Cooper's dead, Ross is divorced. Goal accomplished.

Yesterday you were talking about how Kilgore managed to discredit JM's statement - based on his getting her to admit her medical issue was a mental health one. Yay, go team Kilgore.

You keep misinterpreting what I'm saying. Usually I make the effort to explain and re-explain, but only when I think there's a good faith effort being made to have a dialogue. Agreement isn't necessary, but being civil is, so with all due respect, I pass.

I agree that he's really crying with Leanna... crying for himself. As he describes throughout the tape, he is pretty upset about being arrested, the uncomfortable bed, fear of losing his job, etc. It's the behavior earlier while he's alone that seems fake to me because he doesn't have the runny nose/sniffles when he's "crying" alone, but the runny nose is obvious when he's crying with Leanna.

Right! I have a feeling Leanna "babies" Ross, and he's needing that right now. I wonder how she would feel if she saw all the texting he did that day amongst other days. I'm not sure she knows the extent of it yet..

I give up . The speaking with someone part is NOT corroborated, and the point of having you imagine the scene was to convey how easy it would be for an eyewitness to make assumptions.

Eyewitness testimony is notoriously problematic, even in situations far less traumatic and chaotic. If you review what eyewitnesses have testified to, look up the one many here thought most credible, who said she assumed that RH was speaking on the phone, thought it might be his wife, and thought it odd he was screaming.

I am sorry that you are frustrated. That was not my intent.

I haven't seen the Ross and Leanna video yet, but I think the tears he's shedding is because he is being charged. He must have realized at that point what he did and it didn't go the way he wanted it to.. JMO!

I have not completed watching the interview but most people, when they cry, also excrete liquid out of their eyes and nose. I did see him wiping his eyes, it's hard to tell if there are wet tears or not but definitely no running nose. IF they are genuine tears, he can certainly turn them off in an instant. Appears to be acting but no oscar from me!

Can we talk about manipulation?

I don't know much about manipulation, so was wondering whether anyone else thinks Ross' suicidal talk could be a way to manipulate LH? Not that she acted mad at him, but it could be a good way to stop her from saying anything negative to him (for fear of pushing him over the edge) right? Or maybe that's not manipulation. I really want to know.

Theoretically, yes, it could have been, but IMO that's not what was happening. Leanna took the possibility seriously enough, but she confronted it head on. That's why she asked him about whether he wanted to have more children (checking-is he seeing a future, literally), and followed up immediately by asking him if he had thought about how he would commit suicide (checking for degree of any ideation).

RH said yes to children, no to having any specific thoughts about how he would kill himself. In other words, he was in no immediate danger of killing himself, which is what she needed to know, and also eliminated suicide threats as a way to manipulate her, if he was attempting to do so. jmo

Oh for FFS - the text is the text is the text. Ross texted this: if it weren't for Cooper he would have left Leanna by now. And you want to interpret it as what? That maybe he mighta sorta kinda meant something else? Cooper's dead, Ross is divorced. Goal accomplished.

Yesterday you were talking about how Kilgore managed to discredit JM's statement - based on his getting her to admit her medical issue was a mental health one. Yay, go team Kilgore.

And this was 2013. Cooper was alive, RH was married and this you lady knew this and ss and saved this text why? States Exhibit was Dec 2013 - June 2014 Why would she ss and save it different on her computer? State asks her if RH recently tried to contact her as recently as June 18, 2014. Yes... BUT when did she find out about that? She hadn't been responding again.

I have not completed watching the interview but most people, when they cry, also excrete liquid out of their eyes and nose. I did see him wiping his eyes, it's hard to tell if there are wet tears or not but definitely no running nose. IF they are genuine tears, he can certainly turn them off in an instant. Appears to be acting but no oscar from me!

BBM
Coming out of lurk mode for this.
I saw no tissue box in the room he was interviewed in. I wasn't able to watch the video all the way through, (laundry and other tasks kept dragging me away) but I never heard him ask for any tissues. Did he?
Back to lurk mode...

I am sorry that you are frustrated. That was not my intent.

I'm not frustrated, but thank you for that. You've explained your take a number of times even before tonight, as have I, and this just seems to be one of those never the twain shall meet things. No point in going round and round, imo, especially with so much else to think over and discuss. :)

BBM
I saw no tissue box in the room he was interviewed in. I wasn't able to watch the video all the way through, (laundry and other tasks kept dragging me away) but I never heard him ask for any tissues. Did he?
Back to lurk mode...

He asked Leanna if she had any tissues, and she didn't. So he used his shirt sleeve ;)

ScotAng, thank you for your post. Maybe that's why I'm having such an over the top response to Ross' and Leanna's behavior. No asking where Cooper is, can they see him, did he suffer. Yes, everyone grieves differently, but they do grieve. I didn't see that in either video.

Agreed, Thank You! WHY was neither parent asking about their baby? Where is he, when can we see him, is he alone, can we hold him??? Where is the gut wrenching pain of losing a 22 month old child by your own hand in a horrible, painful way?? The whole interaction is bizarre in that there is barely a mention of baby Cooper. The parents aren't even consoling one anther - it's one sided. I felt like I was watching a couple who lost a neighbor.

BBM
Back to lurk mode...

Yes he does look for tissues. Leanna looks through her purse and cannot find anything. Ross then uses the sleeve of his shirt.

RH told Stoddard when asked about the radio being on that he probably listening to 104.7

Also... Stoddard came in to do the Miranda and on the phone. He asked RH who his phone provider was (ATT)

Yes he does look for tissues. Leanna looks through her purse and cannot find anything. Ross then uses the sleeve of his shirt.

yes, LH looked and told him all she had was a panty liner, and he said I will just use my sleeve.

yes, LH looked and told him all she had was a panty liner, and he said I will just use my sleeve.
Any mention of tissues before LH arrives? He asked for a waste basket once (in case he threw up), but at that point I needed a waste basket. :mad:

RH told Stoddard when asked about the radio being on that he probably listening to 104.7

Also... Stoddard came in to do the Miranda and on the phone. He asked RH who his phone provider was (ATT)

In case anyone is curious, 104.7 is a Christian music station here in Atlanta.

This really, really got to me. To the extent I've watched it umpteen times. I realised RH thought he was going home when Stoddard hands him pen/paper to write down some numbers. When Stoddard leaves for a few seconds, tension eases. RH says to LH he 'can't even get the car, they towed it'. Leanna tells him hers is at the tree house. They both tense and grasp hands when they realise the significance of writing down those numbers. Then he asks what the next steps are. For him.

I waited on them asking where Cooper was. During RH's interviews with LE, I willed him to ask where his little boy might be now. Just like I willed him to knock on the door and demand to know what was going on when he was left alone in the room. When he did knock that door, I was deflated that it was to use the rest room.

No way of knowing what LH asked LE when on her own. Together though, they didn't even touch on what happened to Cooper, wonder where he might have been taken to, even hoping someone was 'looking after' him. As bereaved parents do. As many bereaved do even when the loss isn't a child. They did talk about him having had a sausage biscuit when he fell asleep though. Not forgetting the little chat - in between telling and agreeing with him he was a great father - when she asked if they can have another child. Just like that.

God give me strength. <Self mod-snip.> There is something very, very, wrong here, and not just with him.

This.
Couldn't believe there was NO questions to LE about their baby - where was he, when could they see him... NOTHING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Found it! I knew that Boring had mentioned "JM" in OS. This is really funny now to watch after hearing Kilgore cross on her. Start at the 1:15:44 mark.
And it makes Kilgore's Cross make even MORE sense!
Lied about his age. Stuck up a relationship. You will hear they are Best Friends, but that is not how it was, you will hear that Def fell in love with her. Met up at her a Walmart, they kissed in his car.... March 2014 she started dating someone and BF found out ...She cut him off on KIK but he kept sending her messages... Listen to what he said several times over the months. Msg her June 17 that she gone again, makes him sad. Then one last one on June 18. << is when he said the makes me sad.

[video=youtube;GAHYqOTJBzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAHYqOTJBzo[/video]

Ross Harris is a Chatty Cathy type of guy.
Although he was working dispatch with L.E. I m sure he absorbed and bantered with both his brother in law and detectives while working for law enforcement.

He absolutely knew all of his utterances and body language was being recorded at all times.

I believe that from the moment he claims to have found Cooper dead in his car and pulled over, he was concerned about possible videos of him. Then, tried to act appropriately for the situation.

I do think that he was surprised by his arrest.

I think that any and all tears after his arrest were genuine and solely for himself.

With his wife, Ross has been fooling her for years. Seriously fooling her into thinking that he was a person that he absolutely was not.

Unless we learn differently, she was blinded. A complete ostrich, who thought she had a happy life.

Ross reminds me of Scott Peterson (the Scott that killed Lacey and baby Connor). A convicted murderer who now sits on death row in California for those of you too young to remember.

I think, that they are both cut from the same cloth.

With that all said, I hope he is convicted. Just my opinion and all that....

Imagine yourself at that scene. You're there to eat lunch or run an errand. You hear screaming and run towards the commotion. What you see is horrific- a baby is lying on the pavement, and someone is trying to do CPR on him. Another man is yards away, screaming-" what have I done? Oh my God, I've killed my son. "

He's holding a phone as he screams, he's holding the phone when he "calms down" and he's still holding the phone when he screams again. And he's holding the phone to his ear for much of the time.

Wouldn't the average eyewitness assume he was talking on the phone? Especially since no matter how much their eyes are drawn to him, there is a dead baby on the ground, a crowd gathering, LE cars arriving , all in a span of very few minutes.

This is a reasonable explanation and I also had the same thought. Some witnesses reported hearing him screaming "I've killed my son, What have I done" etc, and others reported him on the phone for a while. If he would have been having a normal, calm conversation on the phone, I think the witnesses would have all told LE that he was acting very suspicious but it seems like none of them really said that initially. I guess I need to go back and watch.

The questioning of the daycare teacher about the call was really bizarre. I wonder if that's how they're going to leave it, just expecting us to speculate that Cooper's teacher was somehow involved? I was really interested in that call, thought it could be explosive, but now it seems like nothing more than a red herring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname