Trial - Ross Harris #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where RH is being detained? He's in Brunswick County, correct?

Ross Harris is a Chatty Cathy type of guy.
Although he was working dispatch with L.E. I m sure he absorbed and bantered with both his brother in law and detectives while working for law enforcement.

He absolutely knew all of his utterances and body language was being recorded at all times.

I believe that from the moment he claims to have found Cooper dead in his car and pulled over, he was concerned about possible videos of him. Then, tried to act appropriately for the situation.

I do think that he was surprised by his arrest.

I think that any and all tears after his arrest were genuine and solely for himself.

With his wife, Ross has been fooling her for years. Seriously fooling her into thinking that he was a person that he absolutely was not.

Unless we learn differently, she was blinded. A complete ostrich, who thought she had a happy life.

Ross reminds me of Scott Peterson (the Scott that killed Lacey and baby Connor). A convicted murderer who now sits on death row in California for those of you too young to remember.

I think, that they are both cut from the same cloth.

With that all said, I hope he is convicted. Just my opinion and all that....

I agree! Also when I was listening to him in the interviewing room, Stoddard asked him what he thinks happened at CFA, Ross responded that he strapped Cooper in, and went into detail, then said he didn't know what happened because he didn't hear Cooper, maybe he was sleeping (blah blah blah). How can that be? He just strapped him in the car seat and in great detail. He went to work on purpose knowing Cooper was in the car. He also didn't mention Home Depot at lunch to Stoddard, in fact he hesitated what he did at lunch. He also said that he just watched a guy who did the same thing as he did and is now a advocate for children. I bet Ross got the idea from that guy, however I'm not sure if that guy was convicted but I have a feeling Ross was trying to duplicate that. MOO!

I was under the impression it was suppose to have happened in that first video we saw today? He invoked @ 7:31pm JMHO from listening to the Bond Hearings those reasons for SW came from these 2 videos
:waitasec: :judge:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 5h5 hours ago
#RossHarris - Did anyone hear Harris say the word "Malice" in his police interview? I may have missed it. Anyone else catch that?

@courtchatter i did not but sound wasn't great

Cathy
‏@courtchatter
@XXXX No, I researched further and it wasn't said in what we saw today. However, it may be coming later in the video on Monday.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3h3 hours ago
@thetrialwatcher I went back and reviewed it all. He didn't say Malice or Malicious Intent in what we saw today but it could be coming Mon

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3h3 hours ago
Regarding my tweet about #RossHarris Malice, we could see that part on Monday.In PC hearing it was said Ross said that after charge w/murder

Can we talk about manipulation?

I don't know much about manipulation, so was wondering whether anyone else thinks Ross' suicidal talk could be a way to manipulate LH? Not that she acted mad at him, but it could be a good way to stop her from saying anything negative to him (for fear of pushing him over the edge) right? Or maybe that's not manipulation. I really want to know.

Sadly with a few narcissists in the family tree, I can attest that this is an excellent way to insure that anyone who might become upset with you, if not now, but in the coming days and weeks, treats you with kid gloves and forestalls those around you from taking solid action against you while you're in your 'fragile state'. I've seen a family member do this exact thing in attempt to avoid full responsibility of their actions. They too had no actual plan how they'd do it.

Ross utters suicidal talk, Leanna perhaps checks if he has ideations, he doesn't.....so why say what he said if he didn't really feel that way? Because he knows that's what he SHOULD say. He killed his son, this would sound like the appropriate emotional response. Wanting to die. It also has the added benefit of planting the seed that if Leanna was thinking about or will think about leaving him right now, he might kill himself. Put him right over the edge.

So IMO, the suicide talk being a possible manipulation tactic? Can't be ruled out.

Yes he does look for tissues. Leanna looks through her purse and cannot find anything. Ross then uses the sleeve of his shirt.

He only needed tissues when he was really (imho) crying tears - in front of LH - While he was alone, no shirt sleeves or tissues needed. I rest my case :)

That's correct. Out of curiosity, I searched Glynn County, and didn't find him.

I am trying to watch the video of them at the jail......I guess I am surprised at how calm LH is....doesn't she have glasses on? If I cry mine get all smeary....I cannot get over her demeanor...I am not trying to be critical....I am trying to understand....I lost a child due to an accident and I am finding it hard to view her actions....am totally at a loss for words.

I am trying to watch the video of them at the jail......I guess I am surprised at how calm LH is....doesn't she have glasses on? If I cry mine get all smeary....I cannot get over her demeanor...I am not trying to be critical....I am trying to understand....I lost a child due to an accident and I am finding it hard to view her actions....am totally at a loss for words.

I'm so sorry for your loss.... It must be painful to watch these parents and their actions when you know how it feels :(.

I'm also confused at her demeanor, and watched a bit of it again. She is intently watching Ross, and I'm not sure she is buying what he's saying. I think someone with a PhD in psychology would have a rough time explaining these dynamics.

When he comes into the room, she immediately rushes to console him, he's the one sobbing. She is very calm, reassuring him of her love. The only time she does get teary, well certainly her voice breaks/trembles, is when she understands he's not going home. I'm so sorry you lost your child, viewing this from the same pov. Who knows what'll happen once this trial's over....

Imagine yourself at that scene. You're there to eat lunch or run an errand. You hear screaming and run towards the commotion. What you see is horrific- a baby is lying on the pavement, and someone is trying to do CPR on him. Another man is yards away, screaming-" what have I done? Oh my God, I've killed my son. "

He's holding a phone as he screams, he's holding the phone when he "calms down" and he's still holding the phone when he screams again. And he's holding the phone to his ear for much of the time.

Wouldn't the average eyewitness assume he was talking on the phone? Especially since no matter how much their eyes are drawn to him, there is a dead baby on the ground, a crowd gathering, LE cars arriving , all in a span of very few minutes.

Actually, this (him on the phone screaming) is on video @ 24:00
[video=youtube;u0tcmdGktaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0tcmdGktaI[/video]

Only first 21 min into Stoddard Bond Hearing Testimony

Bond Hearing 7/3/14
Anthony helps RH get Cooper out
Anthony does CPR while RH walks to other side of car gets on phone **Hawkins is who gave CPR, Anthony is his boss
*per witnesses RH talking on phone
*per Officers Stoddard is told RH is talking on phone
RH tells Stoddard in interview was not talking on phone - *RH told LH he was trying call her when told to hang up

Stoddard 3 calls says they are in this order
1 Leanna Harris - missed
2 HD
3 HD Corp transferred to Toddler Rm 5 6min call

Def "excuse is he fell asleep"

"gave us a spill about watching youtube video's how to buckle in tight in car seat"

asked if talking to anyone driving to work, on phone or on computer *nothing about computer in interview
Pulls into parking lot, pulls past a space, backs in between 2 cars and then drives straight into spot.
Boring: and what is to my LEFT if I am the person driving the car what is to my LEFT
Stoddard: what is to LEFT a parked car
Boring: and is the drivers side of the other car nex to the def car
Stoddard: no to the left is a parked car, def car, then to the right is a grassy area
Boring: so the right side is a grassy area?
Stoddard: correct
*** the car next to RH car when he parked, that cars driver side IS next to RH drivers side of car- remember the person came out and drove off!

Boring: do you know how tall Cooper is\

Stoddard: yes we did

Boring did you get some kind of demonstrative aid to help you and LE to see how Cooper would fit into that car seat

Stoddard: yes, used a mannequin same size as Cooper car seat and the head was poking up over the top of the car seat

Boring: And was it actually shorter than Cooper

Stoddard: yes it was

They entered 2 photos from the crime scene of car seat inside car.

The day prior is when Grimstead put the mannequin in car and took photos and measurements were wrong/car seat was not the orig position. This is the one alleging that doll head poking over the top of car seat

I hadn't seen that. The way the officer screamed at him was awful. She went from 0 to 100 pretty quick.

But.....not. I don't even know if she IS mentally ill, fgs, or if she was back then and isn't now, or whatever. I found her attitude on the stand obnoxious and rude, think she felt jilted and "betrayed" and is getting even, and don't find her credible in the slightest. None of that has anything to do with laughing at her. I don't find her amusing at all, actually.

Credible? They were reading from timestamped messages. So obviously what she was discussing with him was the truth. The only question was about any phone calls they made to each other. LE found her number among many of his phone calls.

So what was she lying about? The only issue I saw was whether or not they spoke about being together someday. I believe her because it sounds like something he would say to keep stringing her along. He was a liar and a cheater.

But if that was not true, big deal. I don't think it hurts the case for criminal negligence at all.

Stoddard said that LH arrived at LAA at 4:51pm to pick up Cooper at Bond Hearing 7/3/14

Stoddard said that per Officer told him "that Ross was on the phone talking to someone, telling someone his child was dead. Officer told RH to get off phone, RH said no, Officer told again and RH said F You. Then put him in cuffs and into car."

Motive: going towards State of Mind: on Redditt subreddit, topic of concern- 1 where several videos of people dying, and search for "child free" clicked on 4, and a search "how to survive in prison"

Testified RH:
When told arrested for Cruelity, he said it was an accident

Testified RH
When told Felony Murder -" that back asked what language, .. but there's no Malicious Intent"

**on the video we saw today, with RH & LH at the end when Stoddard tells him he seized his phone RH asked him what Class the charge was, Stoddard told him GA only has 1 class . Tells LH that RH should be able to tell him later tonight what his formal charges are. So unless there is another video .... he didn't say it on this one

While driving down Akers Mill Road, Harris says he got a glimpse of Cooper in his rearview mirror. "Then I lost it," Harris told the detective.

Cooper's eyes were open half-way, he wasn't breathing and he didn't have a pulse, Harris says. "I knew he was gone," Harris says.

Harris says he tried to call the daycare to tell them to have his wife stay there. Harris said others were calling 911. He tried to call his wife, but hung up when an officer arrived.

Harris says most of the time, he took Cooper to daycare. But there isn't a routine because his wife sometimes took him.

Harris says he wasn't on the phone when he left Chick-fil-A. "I was doing anything. I just left," he says.

http://www.ajc.com/news/minute-minu...ross-harris-trial-oct/cIq8I3w0axb7DNla1XIMNI/

Hey y'all, I usually read and lurk, but I have questions and I'd appreciate everyone's insight. With Cooper sitting in a rear-facing child seat, http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/i-team/121080400-story http://www.myajc.com/gallery/news/local/ross-harris-trial-first-full-day-testimony/gCdK6/#11635575, or http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/i-team/121080400-story how was RH able to see CH's eyes? How could RH determine if CH was breathing or had a pulse? RH is driving his vehicle, right? Has it ever been determined exactly when RH allegedly realized CH was in the child seat?

Thanks in advance. I apologize if this has already been discussed. If any of this is incorrect, please let me know.
Also, thanks to those transcribing court proceedings/news reports/interviews/etc. Thanks to those collecting information and sharing it. Thanks to the map makers, the mods/admins, the verified insiders, the local folks providing their knowledge, the professionals working in the various fields that offer their opinions/insights, and all the members and their varying opinions/thoughts.

Not only does that smirk get wiped off her face during cross, but, and perhaps not coincidentally, her constant sideways peeps over at RH cease as well.

Jaynie is very much not amused when Kilgore turns the Romeo and Juliette narrative inside out and has her reveal in her own voice, reading her own texts, that she was the one in angry pursuit of Ross, in her own special way, and that he was essentially done with her by the end of May. Not that they had ever hooked up. Not that he had ever stopped juggling online sexting partners, and not that he had ever indicated to her he was leaving Leanna. And not that she had ever indicated she was leaving her BF and new puppy. ;)

It seems off to talk like this about a witness who is only in court because she has to be, because she was unlucky enough to get involved at age 18 in an online relationship with a loser 30+ man who ended up leaving his child to bake to death all day in a parking lot.

I don't blame her for being upset. She doesn't "want" to be there testifying. You can tell.
The way some are talking about her here just seems bitter - more so then the way others were discussed? Is it because she is pretty? Because they seemed to have more of a relationship and that isn't part of your narrative of what RH was thinking about on that day or the days leading up to it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey y'all, I usually read and lurk, but I have questions and I'd appreciate everyone's insight. With Cooper sitting in a rear-facing child seat, http://www.myajc.com/gallery/news/local/ross-harris-trial-first-full-day-testimony/gCdK6/#11635575, how was RH able to see CH's eyes? How could RH determine if CH was breathing or had a pulse? RH is driving his vehicle, right? Has it ever been determined exactly when RH allegedly realized CH was in the child seat?

Thanks in advance. I apologize if this has already been discussed. If any of this is incorrect, please let me know.
Also, thanks to those transcribing court proceedings/news reports/interviews/etc. Thanks to those collecting information and sharing it. Thanks to the map makers, the mods/admins, the verified insiders, the local folks providing their knowledge, the professionals working in the various fields that offer their opinions/insights, and all the members and their varying opinions/thoughts.

He saw Cooper eyes when he removed him from the car at the shopping center to do CPR.
He determined he was not breathing or had no pulse either when he was taking him out of car seat and/or doing attempting cpr
**jmho, after he realized it was Cooper, he then remembered/realized he had been there all day and he knew of the dangers. But he did not know til he stopped and went into back seat.
Per the video that was shown today, Interview begin at 6pm 6/18/14 (put in interview room) that he was going down road, had to move to the right lane, as he turned his head he said he saw what he thought was a glimpse of Cooper, and freaked out and stopped,
JMHO from trial testimony/video into evidence.
Your welcome :loveyou:

Hey y'all, I usually read and lurk, but I have questions and I'd appreciate everyone's insight. With Cooper sitting in a rear-facing child seat, http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/i-team/121080400-story http://www.myajc.com/gallery/news/local/ross-harris-trial-first-full-day-testimony/gCdK6/#11635575, or http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/i-team/121080400-story how was RH able to see CH's eyes? How could RH determine if CH was breathing or had a pulse? RH is driving his vehicle, right? Has it ever been determined exactly when RH allegedly realized CH was in the child seat?

Good, no great catch IMO. How can he see Coopers eyes in yhe rear view mirror?

BBM
Coming out of lurk mode for this.
I saw no tissue box in the room he was interviewed in. I wasn't able to watch the video all the way through, (laundry and other tasks kept dragging me away) but I never heard him ask for any tissues. Did he?
Back to lurk mode...

He did ask for tissues, and ultimately decided to use his shirt sleeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members