Trial - Ross Harris #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what if instead of texting; He was bidding on ebay items?

Would people still claim malice.

Only if bidding on eBay items was an obsession that would be easier to pursue while single. It's like the parents who played video games obsessively while their baby died.

But it's clear that he sexual component has caused certain attitudes toward Ross and is being used to cause such attitudes to be formed on the part of the jury.

RH is saying he needs time with his friends. **if you listened to the text messages between RH and LH that Boring had her read, it was with the same friends that he was going to the movie with that night. He was talking about needing a guys night out, and LH testified that they pretty much did things as a family. All of them at home. Cooper was 22 months old and had no clue what an escape even would be ..unless he was climbing out of bed or high chair or something. You have to put everything into context. WHICH the State ha taken EVERYTHING out of context to fit their agenda/theory. Squishing pieces to make them fit in some cases. jmho

Prosecution shows jurors a post pulled from Harris' phone on June 18, 2014 that said, "I hate being married with kids. The novelty has warn off and I have nothing to show for it." Prosecution says the image was not uploaded or posted by Harris but Harris did comment on it and then begin a chat with the woman who posted it

. Phone records show Harris messaged the woman, "I miss having time to myself and going out with my friends." He then said "My wife gets upset when I want to go out with friends." Around 9:15 a.m., Harris said "I love my son and all but we both need escapes." Prosecution says Harris sent that message just minutes after he's seen buying breakfast with Cooper at Chick-fil-A.

Smith says detectives found the red image, reading, "I hate being married with kids. The novelty has warn off and I have nothing to show for it," on Harris' phone. He says the detective brought it to him and said he wanted to know more about it. ***** And it was not until Sept 2015 that they got the other messages that went with the Red Image! Meaning RH Comments

https://twitter.com/RossHarrisTrial/status/788832354194382848/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Agree. I think the cops were loving the Hln and Nancy Grace attention at first and decided to make things more salacious than what they really were.

Plus the D.A probably felt that this is a career case and allowed misconstrued salacious out of context reporting to continue.

Plus Judge Wade Naramore, who faced up to a year in prison for misdemeanor negligent homicide for the hot car death of his 17 month old son but was found not guilty. He drove around doing errands, some of them for his child, with the dead child in the car.

That afternoon, Naramore visited a local day spa, ate lunch, went to Kroger and bought wine at a liquor store before heading home, he said. While at home, he packed Thomas’ bathing suit for swimming at the country club across the street and later left his house intending to pick up his son.

While driving through a sharp curve shortly after 3 p.m., Naramore heard a noise coming from the back of his car, he said in the video. He then witnessed a foot dangling and realized that his son had been left in his car for more than five hours...

As the defense began presenting its case, jurors heard from Thomas’ pediatrician, Dr. David Slay. Slay testified that he had experienced a “near miss” on a day when he was on call and only noticed that one of his children, who was 2 years old at the time, was in the back seat when he went to pick up his lab coat.

The doctor said that while the experience did not scare him at the time, it made him think about how easy it might be to forget a child in a vehicle.
http://m.nwaonline.com/news/2016/aug/17/judge-denies-request-withhold-additional-photos-ju/

Yes, that one was here in my state. Hot Springs Ar. He was acquitted in Aug 2016, happened in 2015. Dr Diamond also testified in his case. I didn't follow that one real close becaue there was a lot of politics going on there. Allegations that he wasn't charged as fast as someone else would have been. THEN LEO lost evidence in the case. And since he was acquitted, he didn't have to step down from the bench. (And it was kinda crazy similar as the RH case yet RH was 2014. **and the part you quoted, THAT was the baby that passed away's Pediatrician saying that quote happen to the DR.

Heres more with the Judge:

According to Tweets from Drew Petrimoulx of our news partner KARK, the scientist is talking about how small acts can "restart habit functions. In this case, Narmaore normally took his son to daycare before going to work. But he stopped for a McDonald's breakfast. The suggestion is that this caused a restart of a habit to drive to work. The expert also spoke of the familiar happenstance of drivers who place a cup of coffee or some other object atop a car before getting in, then forgetting it when driving off.

Dr. David Diamond, a Florida academic, said he was being paid $10,000 by the defense to testify about his study of "forgotten baby syndrome." The bottom line: It can happen to anyone. http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlo...neuroscientist-in-naramore-hot-car-death-case

I couldn't put my finger on what it was about LH that struck me today, but I finally figured it out. She has always blamed herself for Ross's problems, and Cooper's death and Ross's subsequent indictment are no exceptions. She tries to fix everything for him because she faults herself. It doesn't matter whether she is in fact the problem (she is not), but she believes that she is. When Ross suffered from erectile dysfunction, LH testified that she blamed herself. When Ross was asking for a picture of a woman's *advertiser censored* several years ago, LH blamed herself. When Cooper died, LH likely blamed herself. LH likely blames herself for Ross being in jail. When viewing LH through this lens, her behavior with Ross in the interrogation room makes so much more sense. She was not there as a grieving mother; she was there to save and protect Ross. LH taking the stand is one last chance to save Ross; in her mind, it's the least she could do because (in her mind) she's (at least partly) responsible for what happened.

For the record, I am not stating that LH is criminally responsible. I believe that she blames herself.

I agree. She definitely blames herself and feels responsible for RH's shorcomings and flaws.
I also think she loved him very much during marriage and still loves him. RH cries real tears whenever he sees Leanna I think because he knows she truly loves him. He is like her child almost. She kept saying 'I love you, I love you' in the police station. I thought that was really strange. Not anymore after today. She really meant those words.

I get the feeling she may be the best thing that ever happened to RH.

I agree. She definitely blames herself and feels responsible for RH's shorcomings and flaws.
I also think she loved him very much during marriage and still loves him. RH cries real tears whenever he sees Leanna I think because he knows she truly loves him. He is like her child almost. She kept saying 'I love you, I love you' in the police station. I thought that was really strange. Not anymore after today. She really meant those words.

Totally agree .

Now I guess we see why Ross thought he was God's gift to females.

Too bad he didn't realize that his all you can have buffet was way better than his little happy meals that he was gunning for.

Jmo.

Only if bidding on eBay items was an obsession that would be easier to pursue while single. It's like the parents who played video games obsessively while their baby died.

But it's clear that he sexual component has caused certain attitudes toward Ross and is being used to cause such attitudes to be formed on the part of the jury.

That's an excellent analogy. I often read about those parents being convicted. Even when there is no intent.

That's a great observation. He appeared to have immense shame during parts of her testimony. And covering his face like a child.

Leanna has contacts in and they are messing with her eyes,

He knew he was being recorded and watched in real time. Why would he essentially confess out loud? And more to the point, don't you think Stoddard would have mentioned it if he thought he heard a confession by RH?

Goes both ways, did he say it to seem like an accident because he knew he was being recorded....

For me, sticking points, for the "accident" theory, make this whole scenario almost absurd, IMO.
For arguments sake, let's say we're in some alternate universe, where memory gets erased almost immediately - which is pretty much what needed to happen for Ross to forget about Cooper.
So, again, we'll go with Cooper fell asleep and Ross totally didn't realize he was still in his car seat, Ross forgot to drop Cooper off at day care, so Ross just went straight to work.
**I'm not even going to go into the sexting, etc.
So, Ross parks his car.
Ross takes off his seat belt.
Ross leans over to get his brief case.

1) That car is small.
2) Ross isn't small.
3) There is a baby seat right at his elbow.

Therefore, the ratio of Ross's size vs. location of baby seat vs. size of front area of vehicle vs. noises in the car = Cooper's NOT sleeping, anymore.

Cooper, for all intents and purposes, was awake in CFA. Below is a site explaining the sleep cycle:
http://psychcentral.com/lib/stages-of-sleep/

When we are preparing to drift off, we go though Alpha and Theta, and have periods of dreaminess, almost like daydreaming, except we are beginning to fall asleep. These are interesting states, in that we experience them throughout the day and some people may have more of these waves than others.
etc., etc.
We then begin to enter Theta, which is still a relatively light period between being awake and asleep. This usually lasts for 5-10 minutes. Research has shown that the average sleeper takes about 7 minutes to fall asleep. You may fall asleep sooner, or take longer.

Toddlers:
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a558731/understanding-your-toddlers-sleep

What happens when my toddler falls asleep?
Just like adults, toddlers go through four phases of sleep:

•drowsiness
•light sleep
•dream sleep, also known as rapid eye movement (REM) sleep
•deep sleep

I know, nothing that hasn't been brought up. The ONLY scenario, IMO, that seems even ever so slightly feasible, to me, is from a post "Inthedetails" made about Ross leaving Cooper in the car with all intentions of returning to take him to day care and getting wrapped up in "other" things. Even that theory, IMO, has things that need to be explained.
But, never fear, that ding dong of a prosecutor gave the defense somewhat of a reinforcement yesterday. Ross was concerned with/afraid of how people perceived him....basically, he wanted to look like Mr. Super Dad.

So, the defense can say Ross DID, in fact, inadvertently "forget" about his plan to drop off Cooper, AFTER he showed his face at work. Again, due to getting wrapped up in "other" things, he forgets. When Ross realized what he did/found Cooper, he became paralyzed with fear about how this would look to other people and did nothing until he felt he absolutely positively had no other choice.

AND, how absurd even writing this seems to me! What this all comes down to, IMO, is having to accept way too many "maybe's" and far too much stretching of possibilities to make rational sense of this horrific crime.
As always, all my posts are only in my opinion.

I had sympathy for both RH and LT when it initially happened. Learned more and felt RH did it on purpose. Never really bought the idea that LT was involved, but always had an uncomfortable feeling about her. "Did you say too much?" Yikes. The funeral comments? They came off so wrong to me, I still kind of shudder in revulsion.

The video of them together at the police station? Oh boy. The interplay between them. She kneeling on the floor and swearing her love. RH going on and on about how it's all effecting him. Him grilling her on what she said, where she went. Telling her to get him out of jail. I have a background in psych and counseling, and one of first things I remember learning was how sick attracts sick. You don't tend to see long term relationships where one person is fine, and the other is a hot mess. Theorizing here, but if you're going to stick around, your partner needs to be meeting your needs in one way or another. She's a Christian child of divorce. She wants the happy healthy family, and she's going to bend herself to meet his needs. If she can't, then it must be her fault. The texts about her are awful. Here he has ED with her, but is obsessed with it outside the marriage? It's easy for me to believe he's gaslighting her.

That sweet baby grew inside her. People here have mentioned she comes off as detached from motherhood, but she was the one taking most of the pictures and videos. RH wanted to be the one to push him on the swing. Give him the first bath. Play the guitar. She recorded it. Cooper went to daycare 4 days a week, and RH worked a normal 5 day work week. Cooper was with her that other day. She traveled for work in AL 1 week out of the month, and at least some of the time brought Cooper with her. (The extra car seat for her mom to be able to take him. The visits to her grandma's house.) In that video where she and RH are both reflected in the mirror, she was the one recording the baby while RH did who knows what on his phone. When she spent the afternoon texting RH to come home, she wanted to spend time with him. He was going to be busy Sunday morning, and she and Cooper were leaving that week. Where was RH? Meeting the prostitute.

Ugh... So anyway, I was sympathetic to her. Her behavior on cross leaves me less so. Maybe it's just because she blames herself, I don't know. But after watching those videos and listening to that darling boy, I'm having a heck of a time understanding why/how she could support RH so strongly. "I love my son and all, but sometimes we all need an escape..." If I heard my husband said/wrote those words minutes/seconds before leaving my baby to die a miserable, excruciating death???? The only safe place he could be is jail.

A friend of theirs had a secret room and Ross was intrigued. What this has to do with anything, I don't know and every time I form my own opinion of that, I get bashed here.

\

JerseyGirl, thanks for all of the updates every day! As for your opinions; I totally agree with you!

Before her testimony yesterday, I thought that likely too, that she blamed herself for what had happened, because if only she had insisted that Ross keep taking those pics of Cooper arriving at daycare, she would have known. You know, those pics she asked him to take because she didn't trust him to get Cooper there, the ones he stopped taking 2 weeks beforehand, because he had already decided to kill Cooper, and was laying the groundwork.

Except- none of that is real. It's just one more example of how the State has twisted pieces of the ordinary to fit their narrative of intent. Leanna wanted those pics because she went back to work and had to separate from her infant on those days. She wanted the pics to reassure HERSELF that Cooper wasn't miserable or upset going in. And Ross took those pictures for Leanna, everyday, for almost 2 years.

It was Leanna, not Ross, who finally said, after visiting Cooper at daycare and seeing how well adjusted and happy he was the re- hey Ross. I really don't need those pics everyday, I can see for myself he's just fine.

Does she feel guilty about that? I can imagine she might have, at least initially, because IMO any normal parent in that situation could and would find ways to blame themselves and to think ...if only I had....

Nothing unusual there. And I completely disagree on the rest. I don't think she blames herself for his "shortcomings," and I sure as heck don't believe she "truly loves him."

What must you think of her to think she would "truly love him," this deeply religious, conservative woman, after finding out the extent of his sexting, that he'd been with prostitutes, and a man, that he's texted photos of his penis to a minor? And that he had exposed her to the humiliation of having all of that made public?

One not small reality is that she believes this was an accident. But, instead of being allowed to grieve her child, she had her husband arrested for murder the same night, and was herself under suspicion for months, for NO other reason other than not demonstrating the "proper" emotion within a few hours of her baby suddenly dying.

That is it, the sum total of LE's "reason" for suspecting her, and for making their suspicions PUBLIC, at the same time they were pumping out false accusations about Ross. LE robbed her not only of the opportunity to grieve her baby"s death on her own terms, but of her privacy, her dignity, and of the community's support she and Ross had before LE labelled them both baby killers with no evidence of malice whatsoever on RH"s part, and no evidence of any kind of her involvement.

How LE and the DA treated Leanna was shameful, even despicable.

Do you think Leanna has warm and fuzzy feeling for either LE or the State? Me, I suspect she feels, legitimately, a great deal of anger towards them. She knows because she experienced it for herself what it feels like to be unfairly accused. She knows Ross wouldn't have killed their baby on purpose.

IMO , as I've said before, she's not there because she still loves Ross (I saw nothing of the kind in her words or demeanor), she's there because she knows what's happening to him is wrong, and no matter what she feels about all the rest, she's not going to stand by and allow Ross get railroaded into prison for life for something he didn't do . Jmo.

I don't see the relevancy of the hidden room and I don't think the judge should have allowed it to be discussed. It would be one thing if he was on trial for kidnapping or something, but what does a hidden room have to do with Cooper's death? Or sexting minors? Maybe I'm missing something

Morning All.

DT speaking to Judge about Leanna having Statutory Right to either be present or watch trial as the victim. Wants jury advised of same.

State says they acknowledged when LH on stand.

Here we go.

I don't see the relevancy of the hidden room and I don't think the judge should have allowed it to be discussed. It would be one thing if he was on trial for kidnapping or something, but what does a hidden room have to do with Cooper's death? Or sexting minors? Maybe I'm missing something

The defense brought it up first by asking the realtor.

Here is AJC's youtube live stream:

[video=youtube;t8yo5AxNAdg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8yo5AxNAdg[/video]

State clarification.

Stoddard DID tell her where Cooper was.

Quick ETA: Someone - Stockingard (?) also told her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin