Trial - Ross Harris #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Safeguard View Post
BBM
I have not see one single post "excusing" RH for the death of his son. Show me one example of anyone claiming he is not responsible.

I won't do that research for you. Read back and you will see several that believe it was all an accident. He forgot the child. He was misdirected. LE made poor Ross out to be the bad boy. It's all there for the looking.

:waitasec: Even RH has never claimed he is not responsible. But that it was an accident. How could anyone say he not responsible for leaving him in car? He was driving and he put Cooper in car seat, and he got out of the car and went into work.

Keep in mind a Grand Jury after hearing the evidence returned an indictment with 8 charges. E I G H T

The Grand Jury indicted Harris on the following charges:

Malice Murder
Felony Murder
Felony Murder
Cruelty to Children in the First Degree
Cruelty to Children in the Second Degree
Criminal Attempt to Commit a Felony, to wit: Sexual Exploitation of Children
Dissemination of harmful Material to Minors
Dissemination of Harmful material to Minors

This is a very bad man.

A accident would eliminate 6 of those charges. Jmo.

And the sexting minors may be considered time served.

Because I bet the judge noticed that the minor was probably sexting multiple men that are not on trial. Jmo

I would definitely like to know if others will be charged for sexting them as well .

Wouldn't know about that minority. Where is there limelight? I see conversations.

JMHO, Not sure where your walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck .. proves that RH left his son on purpose. Some of the noise that has been heard is not really true. Only things taken out of context and some flat out lies being blown out as the truth. Proven in court so far. Save that bullet til you see all the evidence, it might possibly be a hunter in a blind, blowing a duck call... and not a real duck. JMHO (The small town of Stuttgart, Ark. is known around the world as the rice and duck capital of the world. World Championship held there yearly: duck calling, sounds good, most have 2 legs that walk and can swim like a duck but are not ducks. ;) )
http://www.stuttgartarkansas.org/duck-festival/

I'm sorry, but am........ RFLMAO. :D

Apparently it's no problem if the State purposely misleads the jury. If the defense calls a witness who is caught in a lie it is a problem.

To me it's much worse when the State does such things. The jury may tend to believe that LEO and prosecutors would never misrepresent the evidence. JMO

I know that there was incorrect info in the search warrant affidavits, but has there been any actual testimony by LE that was a flat out lie?

Because I bet the judge noticed that the minor was probably sexting multiple men that are not on trial. Jmo

I would definitely like to know if others will be charged for sexting them as well .

Ross has eight more charges pending for sexting three other minors IIRC

to finish off the tweets of the day (I had to log out when the jury came back from break):

Taylor says Harris told her he was going to a movie and would be home around 7. Shortly after 4 on June 18, 2014, the two talked on the phone. Harris said he wasn't going home before the movie.

Boring reads a string of text messages about Harris wanting to go out and leaving her home with Cooper. Taylor says she never gets to go out alone with friends for dinner or drinks.

Taylor says Harris often ran behind, and that it took him longer to get places. Boring tells Taylor that one day when she was waiting on him to return home, he was actually meeting a prostitute.

"I didn't know these things that he was doing," Taylor says. "It was a part of him that he wasn't sharing with me."

Taylor says at times, Harris was "absent-minded." One example is him forgetting to deposit a check.

Taylor says Harris was very concerned with perception and had a "larger than life" personality.

Taylor says she asked Harris to leave when she found out he was talking to another woman in 2010. Taylor says she didn't think he would have an affair, but he did. Harris was sorry and apologetic, and the couple began counseling with their pastor.

In 2012, Taylor saw another message on her husband's phone. The two went immediately to counseling. "Our goal was always to save our marriage if we could," Taylor said. Harris was not honest with her about cheating. She says she told him he could divorce her if he no longer wanted to be married. If she had known he was having physical affairs, Taylor says she would have divorced him.

In July 2014, Taylor learned Harris had been texting with six other women the day Cooper died. She said she didn't know what to believe.

Court has adjourned for the day. Leanna Harris will return to the witness stand Tuesday morning for additional cross-examination.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/minute-minute-the-justin-ross-harris-trial-oct/iy7epchBrIkfTAw7p4k7RK/

Leanna says she didn't divorce Ross for so long because she "didn't know what to believe". I find THAT impossible to believe. He had a long history of inappropriate behavior regarding *advertiser censored* and affairs. She knew the truth.

I fully believe the only reason she divorced him was to appear more credible to the jury.

It's almost like she's brainwashed. I suspect he gaslighted her into believing their problems were her fault, and she feels guilty about it. *That* does make me feel sorry for her to an extent. But by now she should freaking know better.

I know that there was incorrect info in the search warrant affidavits, but has there been any actual testimony by LE that was a flat out lie?

I don't think so. I never claimed that they did.

We can't know for sure... Maybe he did do it on purpose. But there is no way the state have proven that beyond a reasonable doubt. You can feel that someone did something, but without the evidence a jury can not convict them. :moo:

But each juror will take the evidence and look at it from their own perspective. I personally think the State did a good job and the evidence presented this far I find Ross guilty on all accounts. I believe he planned this, just how far in advance, I'm not sure.

When I was listening to his interview with LE and he was alone in the room, I heard him say to himself, "why did I do that".. A lot of people can interpret that in different ways but my first reaction to it was, he decided to leave Cooper in the car right after he left CFA. I think he was struggling with his decision after he pulled in work but choose to not look back, if you will.. :( In my eyes, that is why he said "why did I do that".. someone else may think it meant something different, who's right? hard to know.

Hold that time of 9:18 for leaving CFA. Someone else just posted that they left CFA at 9:20.

That's not what I remember- there's a time stamped video of Ross shaking hands with the manager on his way out, and I'm fairly certain that was at 9:18, but will try to look up that testimony (I think it was CFA video, CFA manager on direct).

In any case, GA Peach is local and has the best sense of driving time, but iirc, she's said the drive itself was between 4-5 minutes. IIRC. ;)

Last weekend, I made the reverse drive, which will be shorter, from the Tree House to CFA. It took me 27 seconds from the Tree House driveway to the Paces Ferry intersection. After the light turned green, it was an additional 8 seconds from the intersection to the CFA entrance. The drive from CFA to the Tree House will be longer because there is a median that prevents Ross from turning left out of CFA. As a result, he has to perform a U-turn and double back. It can take a few seconds for the road to clear to allow a driver to make that U-turn. I think that the actual drive time from CFA to the Tree House is 2 minutes and change. The light at the Paces Ferry intersection can add a couple of minutes.

I would definitely like to know if others will be charged for sexting them as well

I see where you added JMO after your comment about the minor sexting with multiple men that are not on trial. Is there any evidence of this, or is this purely your opinion? If that is your opinion, on what are you basing that? We didn't hear any evidence from her, and for the most part, her name has been redacted.

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
I believe that there's more than one or two who agree with Hope4More. Besides, everyone is entitled to their opinion here no matter what the count is.

In my opinion I'm not sure that RH heard or saw Cooper during the drive
And in my opinion there is now way Ross could have missed him. To this day no matter the distance I know my children. I feel them and know when they are unhappy or not feeling well.

Parents are like that with their children. Sitting inches apart no way did he forget about him. No way!

RBBM, but it does happen sadly too many times a year. Thus the PSA and such. . And there are even those on these very threads that have told use they put a brightly colored teddy bear in the car seat and then put the stuffed animal in the front seat as a reminder that the child was in the car seat. Why would one need such an reminder aid it it were not possible? :waitasec:

[video=twitter;793188504817766400]https://twitter.com/NatishaLance/status/793188504817766400[/video]

Is it weird that it makes me really happy? It's special legacy to bring strangers joy in such a hard situation, and even after his life has ended. He was such an angel.

I am trying to watch the prosecution cross of her from this afternoon......does she still wear glasses??? He has a sheet of texts right in front of her and it is as if she can't read it....I guess I am wanting this to hurry along.......

I have to go back an finish listening to Cross. I not sure how much I missed but just a thought. Since I have listened to the PC hearing... and I know LH was there. I also know that she knew that there were things Stoddard was saying that were not true. Very possible that she really didn't know whether to believe that part in full since there were so many other outright false statements put into the SWs. She was living this. She was treated as a suspect from the jump start. She was treated badly and without cause. All because of how these LEO "felt they should be acting" As Kilgore has pointed out, no matter what they did or didn't do it wasn't right for the CCPD. I still can not get over the fact that they would not let anyone sit with her. She just had found out about her child being dead. And Stoddards flipping testimony in regards to her... how she was not free to leave and if she asked he would have denied. WTH yet she wasn't read her rights and SHE WAS ALLOWED TO LEAVE??? JMHO

She did say during cross examination that she didn't know what to believe - I imagine that's because she did know the police were saying some things that weren't true, so she couldn't trust any information coming from them.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
We do not have that exact time he drove out of the CFA parking lot. No outside cameras. (or drove into the parking lot either for that matter) only his enter and exit of the building.

Oh. Ok. So what time did he exit the building and what time was his car seen making a turn at the intersection, if that was captured, and what time was his car seen arriving at work? Do we just have walking out the building and arriving at work? Do we know how long I takes to drive that route? I know there's been evidence but I can't recall and there's no timeline here anywhere.
Someone else has posted the time of exit building and the first camera that caught RH car entering the HD Parking lot. Stoddard/Murphy did 3 go pro attached runs from CF to the parking lot. Every one of the times are different. And were at a different time of the morning and year. Traffic volume would make a big difference and if RH got caught by a stoplight. As was shown in the video drives by Stoddard/Murphy.

:waitasec: Even RH has never claimed he is not responsible. But that it was an accident. How could anyone say he not responsible for leaving him in car? He was driving and he put Cooper in car seat, and he got out of the car and went into work.

Thank you. That's the first time I have see poster make a statement, and when asked to back it up, say, "I'm not going to do the work, you go do it". LOL!

I don't think so. I never claimed that they did.

Yes. MANY lies actually, in all kinds of flavors: lies by omission; lies by deliberately misleading ; lies by misstating the evidence; lies by same day or day before reviewing the testimony of witnesses , and having those witnesses testimony differ dramatically from when first interviewed; lies by denying incontrovertible facts - ("who he spoke with on that 6 minute call is still a mystery"), and last, just in your face flat out lies, one of which Mimi took the time tonight to document and post.

Peripheral vision is less precise. I'm not sure how that would a reminder of something.

I don't think that his lack of sleep stopped him from doing things. I only feel it impaired his ability to do things correctly. JMO

IMO your peripheral vision, in Ross' case would have been a reminder that he forgot to take Cooper to daycare. You can see things in your peripheral vision. For instance, when he grabbed his coffee and brief case from the cup holder and passenger seat, his peripheral vision would have seen Cooper, IMO, therefore a reminder he didn't take him to daycare. When I put my doggy cage in my car right behind the passenger seat, and I loaded them up to go, then say 10 minutes later I decide to stop someplace, as I grab my purse from the passenger seat, I can see the dog cage and that will trigger my memory that the dogs are there. For the record, I always know my dogs are there, always! I would never forget them no matter how distracted I am. Ross wasn't that impaired, he was sexting and knew exactly whom he was sexting and knew what he wanted from the sexting. He wasn't impaired to get lightbulbs from HD.

What I think is most relevant about that--

1. She was willing to divorce him, and told him that, gave him the choice. So. He knew he could get a divorce if he wanted one. No need to kill Cooper to get a divorce from a wife who wouldn't give him one.

2. He was scared she would leave him AND TAKE COOPER. So, the idea he would kill Cooper in order to get a divorce or be free of Leanna makes 100% no sense at all.

3. So, what's left? That he killed his son in one of the most awful ways imaginable because he didn't want to pay child support?

Not buying it.

It seems that both LH and lawyers on both sides were emphasizing how RH cared about how he was perceived. So, yes, he could have left his wife and child, but how would that have made him look? It would have shone a very ugly light on him, especially if his sexting and other unsavory behaviors had come out. Evidence from several sources, including LH, makes it seem like such an outcome would make him hesitate.

Was he afraid she would take Cooper? I don't doubt that is what LH believes, but do we have any evidence other than her word that it was so? His actions would make it seem like he was willing to risk his marriage and access to his son in order to cheat. If he was really afraid of losing Cooper, wouldn't he have made some attempt to stop? Or hide his infidelities more carefully? I don't know that we have any evidence of that.

While I hate to think about it, I agree with many of the others that, if RH planned it, RH thought he would be considered a victim rather than a suspect. Today, yes, we know that charges are filed in these cases about half the time, but did he? I think back to before this case and I think I assumed that most cases were considered accidents and no charges were filed. I know now that I was wrong, but I can see RH assuming, based on the cases we know he was aware of, that he would be free of his responsibilities without being the labelled the cheating husband. There is evidence for this: As we know, a petition had begun fundraising and raised quite a bit of money and support for RH. So, initially, most people, especially those he knew, were not judging him but supporting him. Would those same people have supported him in a divorce? In leaving a very young son? It is likely that they would not.

So while I deeply sympathize with LH, her testimony didn't really change anything for me. All her statements were from her deeply involved and emotional perspective, so her defense, while understandable, was not convincing to me. I can see why she wouldn't want to think that RH could be capable, after already learning all of the other awful things he was definitely capable of, and so either tries to believe or truly believes he could not have deliberately hurt their son. Of course, that doesn't make it so, But, as always, we'll have to see what the jury thinks.

But each juror will take the evidence and look at it from their own perspective. I personally think the State did a good job and the evidence presented this far I find Ross guilty on all accounts. I believe he planned this, just how far in advance, I'm not sure.

When I was listening to his interview with LE and he was alone in the room, I heard him say to himself, "why did I do that".. A lot of people can interpret that in different ways but my first reaction to it was, he decided to leave Cooper in the car right after he left CFA. I think he was struggling with his decision after he pulled in work but choose to not look back, if you will.. :( In my eyes, that is why he said "why did I do that".. someone else may think it meant something different, who's right? hard to know.

He knew he was being recorded and watched in real time. Why would he essentially confess out loud? And more to the point, don't you think Stoddard would have mentioned it if he thought he heard a confession by RH?

I just finished watching LH's testimony from this afternoon. I am so torn on what to think.

As I saw the pictures and videos of Cooper, I didn't see a genuinely happy family. I saw one man duping two people who depended on him. Ross's dark life was hidden behind the smiles. There was a husband and father who appeared to enjoy being with his family. However it was impossible, despite how much I tried, to not see through the facade. He was a husband who repeatedly cheated on his wife, visited a prostitute, and met up with young girls for a BJ in his car or a quickie on his couch. He was a father who left his child in a car, and as a result, Cooper died. As I watched sweet Cooper in those videos, I could only think about his precious life being cut short. I found myself getting extremely angry with Ross. I kept thinking, "Ross, why didn't you take extra steps to protect Cooper?" I never would have guessed that would have been my reaction in a million years, but it is what it is. I wish that we could know how the jurors reacted to what we saw this afternoon.

I found Leanna to be a mostly sincere witness this morning. I don't think that she came across as rough on cross as some of the posters, but she lost a lot of her shine. IMO it became clear that she was testifying in an attempt to protect Ross. She seemed more interested in protecting Ross than she did in getting the facts straight. Hence, her inability to answer the question that was asked. I almost felt bad for her; she did not want to incriminate Ross in any way. She clearly still loves him, but he never returned those feelings.

Watching LH on the stand has given me much insight into her visit with Ross in the interrogation room. Given LH's personality, I can better understand her actions. Despite Ross's abhorrent behavior, LH has never faltered in her quest to protect Ross.

ETA - This jumped out at me during the LH interview (paraphrasing). It is just after the 3:55 mark in the final WAT video from this afternoon.

CB: Did you know that Ross has seen prostitutes?
LH: I didn't know then.
CB: Do you now know that Ross has seen prostitutes?
LH: Yes, I was told before I came in here.

Is this now something that can be accepted as true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv