Trial - Ross Harris #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how often she threatened to divorce him? Was it just the once, or more....and apparently he didn't care .

Also, I just have trouble with the fact, if factual, that he went out to his car at lunch time, and still didn't notice his
son in the car??? What's up with that?

he was only at car 5 seconds, his head never went below the top of the SUV roof. He is 6'2, open door, put light bulbs in close door gone. Per evidence we have seen in court and testified to by expert. State Expert Witnesses .

Thanks for the recaps JerseyGirl... I'm in Rome, Italy this week and can't watch the live-stream. Hopefully I can catch up this weekend!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

That sounds a whole lot like doing it on purpose to me. Nothing accidental in that scenario.

When my kids were little, they'd 'accidentally' hit one another. So we called it 'accidentally on purpose.' My son would say ' I was just pretend fighting but I accidentally punched her...'

It was away to release his anger but pretend he didn't mean to because he loved her...usually anyway..

This is just my own personal speculation. But I believe that he had possibly contemplated the possibility previously. He said it was his 'greatest fear' ---he commented on the hot car video, about how much he'd hate it if his son was in that hot car. He spoke about a father who did the same thing and became an advocate for 'second look' at the car seat, and made it his life's work. Ross even said he'd like to do the same. He knew about the distinct possibility of it happening...

I think he was in a very manic and difficult place on the 18th. There was lunch room gossip that he wasn't completing his work and was going to need help with it. Thats a bad sign for a IT guy on salary. He just found out he didn't get the other job he'd applied for. His sexual acting out was escalating. He sexted until 3 am the previous night then began again at 5:30 am. He was tired, overwhelmed and depressed.

What was the one thing that was forcing this stressful situation and this responsibility---his son. He had said he could not divorce his wife because of his son....

I think it is quite possible that he made the split second decision to do what he had already contemplated....just erase him from his memory banks and let him go...he will die in his sleep, Ross will not be charged....he will become a well respected community advocate, and it just took a second to give in to those impulses....'accidentally on purpose'----

RBBM. :waitasec: which is it, he is or isn't they can't have it both ways. IF he was He was tired, overwhelmed and depressed. at the time that he drove on to work, would seem to work for the Def and their 2 expert witnesses on this. State contends he wasn't.

What is the exact timeline of when Ross walked out of the CFA and when he drive out of the lot and when he turned to go to work?

Thanks for the recaps JerseyGirl... I'm in Rome, Italy this week and can't watch the live-stream. Hopefully I can catch up this weekend!

Hope you are far from the 6.6 earthquake. Heartbreaking. Be safe and enjoy.

What is the exact timeline of when Ross walked out of the CFA and when he drive out of the lot and when he turned to go to work?

We do not have that exact time he drove out of the CFA parking lot. No outside cameras. (or drove into the parking lot either for that matter) only his enter and exit of the building.

Is it possible you were influenced by your already existing dislike of Leanna? I imagine I was by the empathy I've felt for her from the first days of reading about Cooper's death.

In a post during Leanna's testimony, I specifically stated that I had gained respect for Leanna while she was questioned by the Defense. I am perfectly capable of setting aside previous perceived notions about witnesses, and I listened to and watched Leanna's testimony with an open mind. Having served on juries, I took my oath seriously and know what is expected of me. Leanna did a good job while testifying for the defense but became cocky and defensive during prosecution's cross examination.

I didn't want to like LH. I'd seen her bizarre police station visit with RH and was left feeling confused, but seeing her on the stand today broke my heart for her. She came across as honest and forthright to me. She seemed reserved, but in an almost "proper" way, if that makes any sense.

She knew almost NOTHING about what he was really doing. What she knew of was just the tip of the dirty iceberg.

How is it any different from Scott Peterson? He wanted freedom and killed his wife and his child. Nobody believed he was capable of anything like that either.

I am not 100% certain that he did murder him in a premeditated fashion. But I do think it is quite possible he did so on the spur of the moment, that morning. That he just decided to zone out, 'forget' and move on with his life, single and care free. I don't think the State has proven it beyond a reasonable doubt, but in my gut I believe it is highly likely.

I'm curious to know how often Leanne was out of town for work a week at a time. Was Ross Coopers primary caregiver?

Ross was supposed to take little Cooper to Day Care that day. He took him to breakfast at CF first. Then LH was on the phone asking if he was coming home before going to the show with his friends that night. If yes she wanted him to pick up Cooper.

Was care giving 50/50 or more 75/25?

We do not have that exact time he drove out of the CFA parking lot. No outside cameras. (or drove into the parking lot either for that matter) only his enter and exit of the building.

But. ...we do know they walked out of CFA at 9:18 and Ross pulled into the Treehouse parking lot at 9:25 (split seconds under).

From CFA parking lot to Uturn (where he should have gotten into left turn lane but didn't-- about 30 seconds .

From Uturn to intersection where he should have turned left, another 30 seconds.

(Both of those 30 seconds are obviously approx; traffic as variable.

As to 1, we don't know if that is actually true that she was willing to divorce him, or what the terms were, if so. And she also testified that she was a child of divorce, and didn't really want one. So it might be more complicated than she said about offering him a divorce.

As to 2, many men would rather do away with their child, than have home taken by their ex wife. It is a weird twisted way of thinking. But I think Ross may be a bit twisted.

As to 3, it is not that unusual or unbelievable. Men kill their children quite routinely to escape child support etc.

Humm Maybe she was going to leave Ross and turn over Cooper full time to him. He seems to have been the primary caretaker while she worked and traveled.

The State has presented it's case. Leanna answered the questions I needed answered, including about the car seat, divorce, Cooper falling asleep easily, little buddy email, why Ross stopped taking pics of Cooper arriving at daycare.

The State utterly failed to make a case for malice, imo. I'm way beyond reasonable doubt on that charge. The only charge I'm not as sure about is 2CC, can't be, since we haven't heard from DR. D yet.

I am thinking you might be in a minority of one or two because most posting seem to think there was a lot more to this little Cooper dying in a hot car while his father was acting the fool. Surely one sees/hears a small child during a three minute car ride just inches away from himself.

In a post during Leanna's testimony, I specifically stated that I had gained respect for Leanna while she was questioned by the Defense. I am perfectly capable of setting aside previous perceived notions about witnesses, and I listened to and watched Leanna's testimony with an open mind. Having served on juries, I took my oath seriously and know what is expected of me. Leanna did a good job while testifying for the defense but became cocky and defensive during prosecution's cross examination.

Just a question exploring what might account for the difference in our perceptions. I didn't think Leanna sounded cocky or defensive. You've acknowledged disliking her. I acknowledged feeling empathy for her from the beginning. I'm sure both of us could be trusted to serve as impartial jurors.

But we're not jurors here, obviously, and know a great deal more about the case then these jurors said they knew. I was asking you as a poster here, not as a juror.

I just think there are too many coincidences and like someone mentioned earlier I don't think all of these things happened because Ross was just that unlucky, he had to have known that little boy was in the car. And I said this before but I have not followed this case at all, just came in at trial and that's just my opinion from it. I also do not think Leanna was involved but I do think she's in denial and I think her priorities are out of whack.

I totally respect that. I agree that they have not proven it to 100% certainty.

But I do wonder about those who are 100% certain he absolutely did not do it 'accidentally do it purpose.' How does anyone know that for sure?

We can't know for sure... Maybe he did do it on purpose. But there is no way the state have proven that beyond a reasonable doubt. You can feel that someone did something, but without the evidence a jury can not convict them. :moo:

Dang. Good job. I am a Roman times enthusiast.

I would love to be able to see the historic sites and historical artifacts in their museums.

Have fun.

I am thinking you might be in a minority of one or two because most posting seem to think there was a lot more to this little Cooper dying in a hot car while his father was acting the fool. Surely one sees/hears a small child during a three minute car ride just inches away from himself.

I believe that there's more than one or two who agree with Hope4More. Besides, everyone is entitled to their opinion here no matter what the count is.

In my opinion I'm not sure that RH heard or saw Cooper during the drive.

Prosecutors go through several of Harris' receipts from Chick-fil-A in the month of June 2014. Receipts and video from the day of of Cooper's death shows Harris exited Chick-fil-A at 9:20:33.

Video shows Harris pulling into the Home Depot Treehouse Office parking lot at 9:24:42, just four minutes after leaving Chick-fil-A. Phone records show Harris sent another message in the conversation about his son on Whisper at 9:24:28, about the time he would have been pulling into the parking lot at work.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...the-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/460110234

I believe that there's more than one or two who agree with Hope4More. Besides, everyone is entitled to their opinion here no matter what the count is.

In my opinion I'm not sure that RH heard or saw Cooper during the drive.

And in my opinion there is now way Ross could have missed him. To this day no matter the distance I know my children. I feel them and know when they are unhappy or not feeling well.

Parents are like that with their children. Sitting inches apart no way did he forget about him. No way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member