trial thread: 4/02/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I can't help but wonder if some other people are looking at the Casey Anthony case and (even if they are guilty and seem to have a lot of evidence against them) thinking "what the heck, it's worth a try, it worked for her."

Tink

Yes I agree, especially when the taxpayers are footing the bill. Why not?! :moo:

I guess this is probably the large rock that the owner of the property moved, because the jurors were there today. :(

attachment.php

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/...html#/news/london/2012/04/02/pf-19585191.html

Attachments

• rock.jpg
    rock.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 88
I doubt very much that "she genuinely wanted to help the police...she more than likely thought it would help her to squeeze out a lighter sentence...I give this person no credit whatsoever and if I attempted to post just exactly what I personally think of her and MR I would be banned for life from this site...I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I cringe when I read anything positive about this person... I have my own opinion why she could recall the surroundings that evening and it is not about her turning her back and moving away from an ugly scene...JMO

There is no doubt she is an evil person. However, for whatever reasons she decided to help police, be it for her own selfishness, Tori was brought home and her family was able to bury her with dignity. If it had not been for TLM, she might never have been found, MR certainly wasn't offering to help police.

I doubt very much that "she genuinely wanted to help the police...she more than likely thought it would help her to squeeze out a lighter sentence...I give this person no credit whatsoever and if I attempted to post just exactly what I personally think of her and MR I would be banned for life from this site...I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I cringe when I read anything positive about this person... I have my own opinion why she could recall the surroundings that evening and it is not about her turning her back and moving away from an ugly scene...JMO

I mostly agree, Macright, but, there are so many sociopaths/psychopaths that never, ever reveal where their victims are buried, give any details whatsoever, and their loved ones die not knowing any details and never having any closure whatsoever.

So, for whatever her motivation, at least she offered some semblance of a human emotion in bringing Tori home for her loved ones, because as we have seen thus far, Rafferty was not going to offer them that.

JMO

The fact that TLM took in her surroundings at the scene of the murder, does not, in my view prove MR raped that child. It does not, in my view, prove that he helped TLM murder that child. To me, this proves that TLM was there, that TLM murdered the girl. That TLM either took in her surroundings while she murdered Tori, or during the clean up, or perhaps while she stopped to take drugs or whatever afterwards before she left the scene. Alternatively, maybe she had been to the site before, and maybe that is how she knew the area and the site so well. I have no idea. But to me, her knowing her way around and knowing the landmarks doesn't make MR a murderer or a child rapist. MOO.

That's another possibility. I have always hoped that we would find out that Tori had been drugged so she didn't suffer as much. But then why wouldn't TLM admit to it? I'm very dismayed that we've heard nothing about this.

JMO

I highly doubt the drugging of Tori happened. I think we can all be hopeful so she wouldn't have suffered as much but in reality, I don't see either one of these horrible sickening people having ANY sympathy, none whatsoever for their victim and moreso MR, as I believe, as I have from day one, Tori was abducted for nefarious and sexual purposes. IMHO I bet MR got off more on the crying and screaming and begging Tori was doing. TLM did stated Tori was screaming, crying and begging, therefore I don't believe this poor baby girl was not suffering. Also I could see having the mindset of not wanting to share his drugs as he already refused some to TLM IIRC. :moo:

Giving all the finer details TLM has given in her testimony and the visit to the murder site today, I'm feeling more confident and certain the jurors are not confused and they have a clear idea of what happened.:moo:

I mostly agree, Macright, but, there are so many sociopaths/psychopaths that never, ever reveal where their victims are buried, give any details whatsoever, and their loved ones die not knowing any details and never having any closure whatsoever.

So, for whatever her motivation, at least she offered some semblance of a human emotion in bringing Tori home for her loved ones, because as we have seen thus far, Rafferty was not going to offer them that.

JMO

actually MR was either just arrested or still out there at that time so we really don't know when or if he would have broken down and relayed to LE where they had left her body.. remember when TLM revealed this info it was after she had informed LE that MR had done the actual murder and that she was following his orders and demands so I am guessing in her warped brain she thought she would get off lightly...I really don't think she cared one way or another about the child nor her parents..

Yes it does, she admitted to being there and killing Victoria, nice to see the Crown back up that information.

Respectfully, no one needed the Crown to back that up, TLM has already pled guilty and is serving a life sentence. MR is on trial now. In the days ahead we will hear the forensic evidence against him but for now I think it's fair that they try to show TLM has some credibility.

It does not matter to me one bit what her motivation was for giving her story about what happened and the location of where VS was. Im greatful that she was brought home to her family to provide closure and given a proper burial.

Now, if the jury can just see that both TLM and MR were present when they abducted and murdered VS....then IMO justice will be served!!!!

actually MR was either just arrested or still out there at that time so we really don't know when or if he would have broken down and relayed to LE where they had left her body.. remember when TLM revealed this info it was after she had informed LE that MR had done the actual murder and that she was following his orders and demands so I am guessing in her warped brain she thought she would get off lightly...I really don't think she cared one way or another about the child nor her parents..

At any time during April 8th and up until July 19th, 2009, Rafferty could have disclosed where Victoria was, and he did not.

That speaks for itself, and will go very far to harm him and his credibility.

JMO

At any time during April 8th and up until July 19th, 2009, Rafferty could have disclosed where Victoria was, and he did not.

JMO

I understand what you posted but do you really think that if TLM was still out and about at that time that she would have come forward with the info? it was only when she was cornered and questioned and told that LE knew she was involved that she gave up that info...by the time he was picked up he was probably told to zip it by his lawyer as the police already had the location area on their radar... MOO

Whether he had been there before or not, he took the risk of getting stuck either way. JMO

Getting stuck or getting caught. I don't think he cared at that point, his prospects where too overwhelming at that time. He knew he had come to the big finale and nothing was going to stop him now. According to TLM MR started in the lane way before he got to the final destination. :furious::sick: Yep too many fine details to ignore IMHO.

I understand what you posted but do you really think that if TLM was still out and about at that time that she would have come forward with the info? it was only when she was cornered and questioned and told that LE knew she was involved that she gave up that info...by the time he was picked up he was probably told to zip it by his lawyer as the police already had the location area on their radar...

Actually, TLM stared getting all wiggy right away, telling her neighbour that it could have been her in the video and hiding when the police came. She would have spilt something I think. JMO

JMO

I think it's fair to say that people react differently when scared *****less for whatever reason. Some might want to keep avoiding having something associated with them, that really shouldn't be associated with them. I can dig deep within my imagination and actually conceptualize an innocent person acting in an evasive way with LE.

The fact that TLM took in her surroundings at the scene of the murder, does not, in my view prove MR raped that child. It does not, in my view, prove that he helped TLM murder that child. To me, this proves that TLM was there, that TLM murdered the girl. That TLM either took in her surroundings while she murdered Tori, or during the clean up, or perhaps while she stopped to take drugs or whatever afterwards before she left the scene. Alternatively, maybe she had been to the site before, and maybe that is how she knew the area and the site so well. I have no idea. But to me, her knowing her way around and knowing the landmarks doesn't make MR a murderer or a child rapist. MOO.

JMO. I believe the crown set up this viewing today to show some credibility in TLM's testimony. I feel that the jury saw that today. Everything she stated about the site was visible. I agree, this viewing today did not prove MR's involvement, I don't feel that was the purpose of todays event, they were not there to see evidence. I believe that further evidence will also back up more of her testimony in regards to MR. Again this is JMO.

I understand what you posted but do you really think that if TLM was still out and about at that time that she would have come forward with the info? it was only when she was cornered and questioned and told that LE knew she was involved that she gave up that info...by the time he was picked up he was probably told to zip it by his lawyer as the police already had the location area on their radar... MOO

IIRC, he didn't have a lawyer until after he was arrested.

I think it's fair to say that people react differently when scared *****less for whatever reason. Some might want to keep avoiding having something associated with them, that really shouldn't be associated with them. I can dig deep within my imagination and actually conceptualize an innocent person acting in an evasive way with LE.

I undersgtand what you are saying here, but we can't say that MR is innocent. He may be innocent of murder and rape, but he did help to hide Tori's remains and cover up a murder. I realize that this was only a suggestion on the part of his lawyer, but that appears to be his defense. So he's not innocent.

I listened to MR's first interview with LE again today. I can't get over how easily he gives his Mom's full name, her boyfriend's full name, his brother's full name, gives up TLM and Carol's name...but he can't say the little girl's name and he definitely won't give up his girlfriends names...well of course except for the one who knows the little girl's mother. This guy has the strangest set of priorities ever. Seriously.

Respectfully, no one needed the Crown to back that up, TLM has already pled guilty and is serving a life sentence. MR is on trial now. In the days ahead we will hear the forensic evidence against him but for now I think it's fair that they try to show TLM has some credibility.

Respectfully, I understand what everyone is saying, I happen to have a different opinion on the subject. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517