Trial Thread 4/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the OPP officer say he was in Woodstock when he saw the car? Highway 59 goes south quite a way away from Woodstock. It leads to the 401 south from Woodstock, but aren't OPP highway cops? Wouldn't the Oxford police be on Norwich Ave, leading to the 401? JMO

Does this help?

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
He wagon Highway 59 (turns into Norwich Ave.). Nothing in police records indicated he should stop the vehicle. No more questions.

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
Stec queried the plate BBNR 181, which he saw south of Woodstock.

wagon=was on

after following several other trials very closely I think the Crown is doing a great job insofar as I can tell by tweets.

I also think LE did an outstanding job in investigating Tori's abduction and catching her killers.

This is a circumstantial case with elements of direct evidence (which is very rare) from the other perp.

The Crown has said from the start that her credibility will be put under scrutiny (as it should!!) but so far elements of her story (and her possible lies) are lining up with circumstantial facts in this case. It will be the big, overall picture that ties the case up with a bow on top... and I think we still have a long way to go to get there.

I think they can do it.

MOO

I agree. The Crown isn't trying to "get" him with every witness. IMO, this is an accumulation of small bits of evidence: the lies, the DNA, TLMs testimony matching with the evidence, the blood stain,t he lies, the eagerness to get to the States, the familiarity with the back roads, the ease with which he lies and tells mistruths, etc. Nothing particularly WOW on its own, but put all together, really quite damning.

I suspect that the Crown will tie this all together in their closing, connect the dots, beyond a reasonable doubt.

Does this help?

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
He wagon Highway 59 (turns into Norwich Ave.). Nothing in police records indicated he should stop the vehicle. No more questions.

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
Stec queried the plate BBNR 181, which he saw south of Woodstock.

wagon=was on

So he WAS south of Woodstock. I assumed he was going to the 401 but maybe he went to a small town south of there. To get rid of stuff? To meet another girlfriend? To get drugs????? Weird. JMO

they were found in her car in the front passenger area:

dynamic_resize

slide 92: http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/05/19599961.html

So why was he putting his new treasured Puma shoes in JW's car if she was leaving the next day for a trip? And where did he finally end up finding the right pair to buy?

How much evidence are we missing with this tweet system?

MOO

IMHO why would any guy looking for a meaningful, long term relationship lie about his career and degrees? His ad on POF said: Mychol-I only want one, the one, HER in my life!

I do not for one second believe MR was looking for such. MR was using women for someone to mooch of off, a bed to sleep in, someone to take him out on dates, taxi him around, sex, anything he could get from them. Scares me to think he dated women with children, knowing what we know now, I don't think it was a case of him not minding or liking children; he wanted to get "close" to children. And the fact that he capitalized HER in that comment is kinda strange IMO. *scratches head*

Wowzers, a lot of lies in his POF account. I like the second one, at the bottom: Must not do drugs, Must not smoke. lol his girlfriend from 2005 said he was doing drugs back then. Eesh! And MOO

http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fb6r.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/axf9t3.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2a80sna.jpg

I wonder if that lovely profile has been or will be shown to the jurors. And if not, why not?

Well at least he was truthful about one thing. In the part where it says do you want children he answered yes. :(

MOO

I believe it wont be any one thing but the sum of it all. MOO

I think it was Alexis that he told someone he wanted to marry.

Maybe the reality of his situation caught up with him for second, and he thought about what could have been........instead of where he is today.

It must be a surreal feeling to be in a courtroom, having all that attention focused on you. Having all those eyes watching your every movement. And just sit there......quietly.........while others argue your fate.

Guilty......tough luck dude.......you deserve it.

Innocent...........how do we ever make it right, when an innocent person's life is destroyed by such inflammatory charges?

JMO...........
No he told Ann T that he was dating AL and thought he would marry her. AT and AL were friends on facebook and went to the same drayton elementry school.
JMO

I think it was Alexis that he told someone he wanted to marry.

Maybe the reality of his situation caught up with him for second, and he thought about what could have been........instead of where he is today.

It must be a surreal feeling to be in a courtroom, having all that attention focused on you. Having all those eyes watching your every movement. And just sit there......quietly.........while others argue your fate.

Guilty......tough luck dude.......you deserve it.

Innocent...........how do we ever make it right, when an innocent person's life is destroyed by such inflammatory charges?

JMO...........

Well first off I don't think he's innocent. If he gets off on everything else, he still has to answer to charges of aiding and abetting, hiding a body, and whatever else.

But why should the law aopologize for doing its job? I understand that in the case of the wrongly convicted who have served time in jail that the law should apologize and make restitution, but not in this case :) anyway.

So why was he putting his new treasured Puma shoes in JW's car if she was leaving the next day for a trip? And where did he finally end up finding the right pair to buy?

How much evidence are we missing with this tweet system?

MOO

Now i am really confused. i thought the Puma's were one of the gifts for JW???

So he WAS south of Woodstock. I assumed he was going to the 401 but maybe he went to a small town south of there. To get rid of stuff? To meet another girlfriend? To get drugs????? Weird. JMO

Was he on his way back from somewhere?

To a cop, everyone is a possible criminal (just a little tongue-in-cheek). Seeing a car painted like Rafferty's might arouse some suspicion. I.e, a stolen car hastily repainted. I think they learned a lot from the time Russell Williams' SUV was parked in a field next to his victim's house and the officer saw it, but didn't run the plate.

This case happened before the RW case, and at the time of RW's arrest MR was already in custody, so I don't think this particular LE learned anything from RW's case, I think he just ran MR's plates in the hopes he could catch him on something, I've seen it before. I'm sure his beat up car made LE suspicious that he may get him on something- it's a game they play - JMO.

Must have been hard for MTR to live up to the image he was trying to create driving that lemon. MOO

I'm sure that was just his winter beater. His Ferrari was in the garage at home. lol JK.

Where did MR spend the night after Tori's murder?

Also it doesn't necessarily mean he would be looking for Honda seats. When my BF bought be my old Thunderbird and fixed it up for me way back when, he used parts from a cougar or some such, dunno about cars :)

Where's that little guy who ROFLHAO? Maybe MR was looking for cougar parts too :p hahaha

Where did MR spend the night after Tori's murder?

Good question, I wonder. I haven't seen any tweets from any of the ladies he spent the night with them. Any one of them live outside of woodstock, maybe the J.W.

Good question, I wonder. I haven't seen any tweets from any of the ladies he spent the night with them. Any one of them live outside of woodstock, maybe the J.W.

I thought he met JW on April 11th....err, wait a min, I maybe confused with one of the other ones.....

I was reading the thread, logged out, at work. When I read this, pre-edit, I burst out laughing. LOL

Also: almost a grand in the glove box and trying to go to the US? Very interesting. IMO, he was arrested just in the nick of time.

Brighidin I literally LOLed too when I read what I had posted. I'm sure we're not the only ones. I bet there were those scratching their heads and those with their mouths hanging open lol. Nope I don't know anyone this sick. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11