Tricia's radio show for 3 March 2013: discuss it here!

I just heard Tricia say that she watched The Brady Bunch instead of the trial one day. lol

Katiecoolady (I can't call you KCL, lol! Potassium Chloride!)-- I wanted to take a moment to thank you for sharing the origin of your online nickname. That was a beautiful story and tribute, and very moving.

In a way, it was almost like a little gift from her, that now you are known and embraced by so many by her special nickname.

And I was in tears when I heard your voice break describing JA sending irises to Travis' grandma. I also thought that was wretchedly cruel when I heard she did it. Such unspeakable cruelty, and delight in duping the woman who loved him so much, and cared for him daily for so many years. You see, there was no "need" for her to cover her tracks by sending flowers to Travis' grandma. Grandma certainly wouldn't have missed a bouquet from an ex GF. LE wouldn't have been watching for that. It was pure evil duping delight on Jodi's part, imo.

I also appreciated your insight on JA's mom. I think you may be right, that she simply has not been able to comprehend the magnitude of what Jodi did and covered up. One thing seems certain-- that none of Jodi's immediate family were at all involved with the murder, or premeditation, or cover up. I guess I'm glad they have been left alone by the media (mostly), and I'm glad none of them have pulled a "Cindy Anthony". Jodi is an adult, and they mostly appear to be letting her experience the consequences for what she did, while being present as support.

I worry about her sister and little brother. How awful it must be for them, to be related to her closely. I think about how hard it would be to continue thru life and be related to such a reviled person, and the shadow that would cast on you. Jodi has hurt sooo, sooo many people.

Thank you, again, for being available and willing to chat tonight, and for your presence in the courtroom. Very much appreciated.

Katiecoolady (I can't call you KCL, lol! Potassium Chloride!)-- I wanted to take a moment to thank you for sharing the origin of your online nickname. That was a beautiful story and tribute, and very moving.

In a way, it was almost like a little gift from her, that now you are known and embraced by so many by her special nickname.

And I was in tears when I heard your voice break describing JA sending irises to Travis' grandma. I also thought that was wretchedly cruel when I heard she did it. Such unspeakable cruelty, and delight in duping the woman who loved him so much, and cared for him daily for so many years. You see, there was no "need" for her to cover her tracks by sending flowers to Travis' grandma. Grandma certainly wouldn't have missed a bouquet from an ex GF. LE wouldn't have been watching for that. It was pure evil duping delight on Jodi's part, imo.

I also appreciated your insight on JA's mom. I think you may be right, that she simply has not been able to comprehend the magnitude of what Jodi did and covered up. One thing seems certain-- that none of Jodi's immediate family were at all involved with the murder, or premeditation, or cover up. I guess I'm glad they have been left alone by the media (mostly), and I'm glad none of them have pulled a "Cindy Anthony". Jodi is an adult, and they mostly appear to be letting her experience the consequences for what she did, while being present as support.

I worry about her sister and little brother. How awful it must be for them, to be related to her closely. I think about how hard it would be to continue thru life and be related to such a reviled person, and the shadow that would cast on you. Jodi has hurt sooo, sooo many people.

Thank you, again, for being available and willing to chat tonight, and for your presence in the courtroom. Very much appreciated.

Thank you so much K_Z. For listening/caring/noticing. And yes that "Iris" thing is just heartbreaking the level of evil expressed from this demon. It's just so incomprehensible. I'm glad I don't comprehend it actually. Thanks for sharing......:seeya:

I have to say I agree with your opening comments Trish. Not a popular view here. One example was on the final day of cross when he was trying to impeach her about TA shaving or not and what she had said to Flores regarding it. He played back the video maybe 6 or 7 times. In it she clearly explained that after begging TA to take his pictures he had ended up liking it so much he put it on his myspace page.
I don't doubt for a second that TA didn't shave on June 4 but clearly JA was referring to some other time when TA would have had time to upload the photo on myspace. I cringed when JM kept going on and on about it. So yeah, if a sharp juror caught that they would sympathize with JA on that. He did come across as a bully there. Did JA deserve it? Definately but I'm saying that knowing way more background on the case than the jurors. On the plus side, a battered little flower wouldn't have fought back on that issue so lets hope the jury notes that.
I just worry that mistakes like that might make jurors question what other mistakes are contained in the states case. :truce:

Listening to the taped version of the show. Sounds awesome!!!! (((hugs))) for Kimster lol!

Lady Edith on now. Great point re JM questioning a monsterous person who has already admitted guilt!! I think I forget that sometimes!

You don't sound like an idiot Trish!

Lady Edith I bet jail guards are psychopathic experts.

It's bad enough Jodi Arias is allowed to further victimize Travis Alexander and his family through the most vile character assassination imaginable but for the court to expect even demand the family show no emotion is beyond the pale.

It's bad enough Jodi Arias is allowed to further victimize Travis Alexander and his family through the most vile character assassination imaginable but for the court to expect even demand the family show no emotion is beyond the pale.

I'm sayin...

Theresa Saldana was the stalking victim I was talking to her related to a book I've been asked to participate in.

I'm sayin...

All under the guise of giving the defendant a fair trial the victim is murdered over and over again and his family is not allowed to shed a single tear in the same courtroom this is allowed to occur. :furious:

Didn't the mother of Jodi sell her defendant daughters "art" on ebay? And didn't the same mother sell the forged letters to the Enquirer? Sorry, watching her and her sister yukking it up in the courtroom....not in front of the jury AFAIK....doesn't invoke any sympathetic feelings from me.

I really enjoyed the radio show.

Katiecoollady, I want to tell you how much I admire and respect you for how you "came out the other side" of your beloved sister's murder. I know it's nothing you ever get over, and I know there's no such thing as closure. But you are one of those who grew strength from your devastating loss. Some don't. I lost my brother, and not in the horrific manner in which you lost your sister. Quite simply, it broke me. Not asking for sympathy or anything like that.... just want to point out that there is something very special about people who manage to take that sort of adversity and overcome it. You and others like you are not ordinary.... you're actually extraordinary and I so respect you for having that inner strength. xoxox

I have to say I agree with your opening comments Trish. Not a popular view here. One example was on the final day of cross when he was trying to impeach her about TA shaving or not and what she had said to Flores regarding it. He played back the video maybe 6 or 7 times. In it she clearly explained that after begging TA to take his pictures he had ended up liking it so much he put it on his myspace page.
I don't doubt for a second that TA didn't shave on June 4 but clearly JA was referring to some other time when TA would have had time to upload the photo on myspace. I cringed when JM kept going on and on about it. So yeah, if a sharp juror caught that they would sympathize with JA on that. He did come across as a bully there. Did JA deserve it? Definately but I'm saying that knowing way more background on the case than the jurors. On the plus side, a battered little flower wouldn't have fought back on that issue so lets hope the jury notes that.
I just worry that mistakes like that might make jurors question what other mistakes are contained in the states case. :truce:

I couldn't agree with you more. The exchange about shaving caught my attention also and it really bothered me. Martinez lost a lot of credibility with me in this exchange.
I do disagree that Jodi "fought back". To me she appeard to be totally shut down emotionally which is exactly the way she would want to appear for her abuse defense.
I also couldn't agree more with Tricia's opening comments in her radio. show.

...One other comment I had, was to add that I get nervous one anyone who claims they cannot prove guilty DP as a punishment. It is NOT YOU giving that punishment, it is the voters of your State who approved that punishment. ANyone who will not find a guilty person being guilty because they do not like/agree on their States punishment should never be on a jury....

Yes, but if a juror votes for the DP under the law, then that person AS AN INDIVIDUAL participates in a system he or she may find unethical.

Now personally, I have always been honest about my objection to the DP and have been excused from capital cases. (I'm also honest about some of our drug laws, which I find unwarranted intrusions by the State on personal freedom. I'm excused from those cases as well.)

But whether I'm doing the moral thing is at least debatable, I think. One can make just as good a case for sabotaging an immoral system as a "stealth juror". (Again, to be clear, I have never done such a thing because I do respect our judicial system. But I'm not at all cocky that my way is the morally right way.)

And if enough people lied on their jury applications and sabotaged death sentences, we might finally end a barbaric practice.

ETA we now see those who aided runaway slaves to be heroes, but at the time they were violating state and federal laws that authorized slavery.

I understand how you feel. We all feel the same, I suspect, because almost all of us are sure that Jody Arias is guilty.

But the judge has to run the trial as if JA were innocent. Lavish displays by family members serve no purpose except to prejudice jurors. Almost all of us assume the Alexander family is grief-stricken; it doesn't have to be acted out during this portion of the trial. (I don't know whether the victims are allowed to make statements during the penalty portion, if there is one.)

I understand how you feel. We all feel the same, I suspect, because almost all of us are sure that Jody Arias is guilty.

But the judge has to run the trial as if JA were innocent. Lavish displays by family members serve no purpose except to prejudice jurors. Almost all of us assume the Alexander family is grief-stricken; it doesn't have to be acted out during this portion of the trial. (I don't know whether the victims are allowed to make statements during the penalty portion, if there is one.)

They are allowed and the family members are working on theirs.

And yes, there will be one. A sentencing phase.

I don't think there is "acting out" going on. What is going on however is extreme suppression of natural responses, reactions and emotions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back