Trinity Poague, Reigning Miss Donalsonville (GA) Facing Murder Charges in the Death of a Young Child - 19 Jan 2024

‘’We arrived at the hospital and conducted some interviews in regard to an unresponsive child at the hospital and just through multiple interviews and examination of the evidence we obtained the probable cause to charge Miss Poague.’’ Joe Chestnut said

Miss Donalsonville charged with felony murder receives no bond

My guess, the injuries do not line up with her story of how they occurred. ie. her interview did not marry up with medical professionals' findings. Will be curious to get more details on this one. Head injuries can be tricky to prove the when and where of.

I wondered if this meant she confessed, or at least confessed to enough for them to charge her.

From the coroner
"We did order an autopsy but the results are not back yet so we’re not sure whether it would be ruled natural, accidental or homicide." Clifford Walton said

‘’Looking at trauma some of it appeared to be I’m going to say past history as well as new so that’s why you do the autopsy to determine was it now or was it something that’s been kind of going on for awhile.’’ Clifford Walton said.
Ugh this poor baby

Georgia Southwestern State University Police Department asked the GBI to investigate the death of a child

After multiple interviews & an examination of the evidence, GBI agents arrested Poague. She is currently booked at the Sumter County Jail with no bond.

GBI Arrests Donalsonville Woman in Child Death Investigation

(edit to add apologies it's posted yesterday)

Last edited:
‘’We arrived at the hospital and conducted some interviews in regard to an unresponsive child at the hospital and just through multiple interviews and examination of the evidence we obtained the probable cause to charge Miss Poague.’’ Joe Chestnut said

Miss Donalsonville charged with felony murder receives no bond

My guess, the injuries do not line up with her story of how they occurred. ie. her interview did not marry up with medical professionals' findings. Will be curious to get more details on this one. Head injuries can be tricky to prove the when and where of.
True about head injuries, but the coroner seems to say there were injuries in various stages of healing. I'm wondering how much time the baby spent with her alone?

And who else the baby spent time with and for how long.
Aggravated battery, felony murder and importantly: cruelty to children first degree. <moo> she's the only one who needs to answer questions.

1706073374148.png

I think it's interesting that it's the University Police who contacted the GBI. So the investigation was begun by campus police, not by the regular police regional to the hospital the baby was taken to.

MOO
I don't know if this was the case there, but in some big university areas where I am 911 automatically goes to campus police, not regular police.

Forgive my lack of knowledge about this - are these two beauty queen titles she has won of real significance that they are the first things the media uses to describe her?
Outside of the area, probably not. Here we have the National Peanut Festival. Our area is known as Peanut capital. All the small towns have a pageant. Then those queens go on to compete for Miss Peanut. As far as Miss Seminole, it is a preliminary pageant for Miss Florida. I live close to donaldsonville and until this happened I didn't know who she was. I honestly couldn't tell you who the queen for my area is, but I also don't really follow that sort of thing.

I know a magistrate judge can not set bond on a superior case in GA which is generally the first appearance that is given within the jail in the first 72 hours it seems to me that is why she was automatically denied bond. Does that mean she automatically has to go before a superior court judge within 10 days or does a motion have to be filed first from her attorney or public defender ?

Methinks there will be more distancing to come. From your Donalsonville News link:

Poague graduated with honors from Southwest Georgia Academy in Damascus last year. Prior to these charges she was the reigning Miss Donalsonville and recently participated in the National Peanut Festival Pageant held in late October. She also was attending Georgia Southwestern State University in Americus, where she was chosen as one of the 22 Freshmen to be part of the President Jimmy Carter Leadership Program last August.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back