Tru-TV/IN session Caylee Anthony coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the way I see this whole “bus coming after the parents” thing...I believe it is strategy. And by that I mean strategy that has been planned and worked out with GA and CA’s blessings. They will put forth a “tragic and unfortunate accident” all the while blaming ICA’s reactions (or lack thereof) afterwards on things that happened in her childhood....things that can be blamed on GA and CA.

But with all my heart I believe that GA and CA know full well what is rolling their way. They don’t care. If the end justifies the means, then they are all for it. They will at least, in the end, have their precious CEO back inside their four walls of love.

Even sexual abuse by George? But Lippman came out with a press release denying any involvement in this at all and George has been cleared, etc. et al and all the rest. So I don't know that George is ready for this.

fyi:

George Anthony had nothing to do with the death of Caylee Marie Anthony. He has
been investigated, deposed, examined, and cross examined by both the prosecution and the
defense and neither the defense team nor the State of Florida have maintained that he is at
fault in any way.
We assert that we will not engage in idle speculation regarding either the defense strategy or
the state strategy but make no mistake that any factual fallacy stated contrary to my client’s
well-being will be vigorously defended to every extent allowed by the law.​

Can someone help me out here? How much time has CM actually spent talking to ICA? I'm not talking about sharing a defense table, but actually sitting down and having a conversation with her about her Defense?

Cause the last time I looked at ICA's jail visitor logs......just sayin......

Can someone help me out here? How much time has CM actually spent talking to ICA? I'm not talking about sharing a defense table, but actually sitting down and having a conversation with her about her Defense?

Cause the last time I looked at ICA's jail visitor logs......just sayin......

From what I remember seeing the jail logs..he has not spent much time with her and IIRC the last time he visited her in jail was August 2010...

I will go look again to see if he has gone to visit her in 2011

http://www..com/2011/04/casey-anthonys-jail-visits-are-few-as-trial-approaches/

Nope. I don't see any visits from Mason between Feb thru mid April 2011

The fact that he said, "if," and, "unlawfully killed," speaks volumes!!! I think we just found our answer to what the DT is going to say!!

They will claim it was an accident. No doubts now for me.

CM is definitely less snake-like than JB and he is, therefore, less prone to be adept at trying to sell everyone the Brooklyn Bridge. In my opinion, CM is kind of a nice old guy.

But, my opinion of him does not matter. What matters is the fact that he cannot b.s. very well and he is more likely to reveal stuff in interviews than JB.

I think we need to pour over the transcript of this interview as soon as it becomes available!! Clues everywhere, imo.

THIS! I've always thought George was a red herring and they wanted to take the direction away from "it was an accident" so the prosecutors would be unprepared.

But the way I see this whole “bus coming after the parents” thing...I believe it is strategy. And by that I mean strategy that has been planned and worked out with GA and CA’s blessings. They will put forth a “tragic and unfortunate accident” all the while blaming ICA’s reactions (or lack thereof) afterwards on things that happened in her childhood....things that can be blamed on GA and CA.

But with all my heart I believe that GA and CA know full well what is rolling their way. They don’t care. If the end justifies the means, then they are all for it. They will at least, in the end, have their precious CEO back inside their four walls of love.

All that may be arranged, but I doubt with CA and GA's consent. I think those two are only interested in saving her from the death penalty.
But even with this strategy, how would this be considered as an excuse for the murder of Caylee.

Are you saying first the tragic and unfortunate accident in the guilt phase and boo hoo meanie GA and CA for the penalty phase? I guess I'm not understanding.

Because your father/brother sexually abusing you does not give you a get out of jail card. Nor does having abusive mean parents. Those are "so what" defenses used to hope to lessen the penalty, not the guilt.

I finally finished the entire thread! I am listening now, I dvr'd it when I had to go out.

The big "hint" was that CM said "accident" and the defense has no way to put this information before the jury, unless there was an eye witness! So far, nobody has come forward to say they witness the "tragic accident." Oh! I guess they are planning to have Casey take the stand!

Someone upthread mentioned that the defense may not have to present a case. Someone mentioned Scott Peterson and how well that worked. Mason also mentioned asking for a judgement of aquittal after the state has presented their case. That happens when the defense claims that the prosecution hasn't made a prima facie case (true case). The judge can then acquit the accused.

From what I remember seeing the jail logs..he has not spent much time with her and IIRC the last time he visited her in jail was August 2010...

Thank you Intermezzo! So Mason is saying he is capable of a (very) quick character study....Uh Huh.:innocent:

If they think the "tragic accident" is some kind of clever, feasible defense, that is laughable. You don't make an accident look like a murder. Then there are the searches on the computer, chloroform, etc. That's the problem they will have. Only the truth will explain everything, and they can't tell the truth. You can explain some things, but that explanation is thwarted by dozens of other facts in the case.

EXACTLY. Even IF it was a 'tragic accident'---why would the mom be out cuddling and giggling with her boyfriend just hours later?

I would normally have a lot of sympathy for a mom who lost her child to a tragic accident. Even one who tried to cover it up. But NOT if she wrapped her in duct tape and garbage bags and was out partying just hours later, care free and happy.

I'm surprised about the visitation. It is nothing really. Hardly anything.

My favorite part of the CM interview was his answer to this question

"How did you and your wife meet?"

to which CM responded (paraphrased)..."Well we worked together. I had hired her as my legal secretary and of course that's before sexual harassment..........

His poor wife looked as if she wanted to crawl into a hole. It was so degrading and totally disrespectful.

Once again...CM proves his chauvinistic attitude is alive and well. Just disgusting.

Fondly,
Not an idiot blogger.

In the interview:

Mason wouldn’t address why Anthony went 31 days without telling anyone the child was missing. “That’s going to have to wait for trial for the answer,” he said. ”Does it make people prejudiced against her? Yes.” But he added, “If the child were unlawfully killed, then the crime ended when she was killed. The next day, the next week, the next month really is kind of irrelevant to what happened.”

I can't believe he actually said that! :waitasec: "If the child were unlawfully killed then the crime ended when she was killed?" Really? :banghead:

MY QUESTION: How do you lawfully kill a child?

Even sexual abuse by George? But Lippman came out with a press release denying any involvement in this at all and George has been cleared, etc. et al and all the rest. So I don't know that George is ready for this.

fyi:

George Anthony had nothing to do with the death of Caylee Marie Anthony. He has
been investigated, deposed, examined, and cross examined by both the prosecution and the
defense and neither the defense team nor the State of Florida have maintained that he is at
fault in any way.
We assert that we will not engage in idle speculation regarding either the defense strategy or
the state strategy but make no mistake that any factual fallacy stated contrary to my client’s
well-being will be vigorously defended to every extent allowed by the law.​

But that statement in no way says..."GA did not molest his daughter"....it says...he had nothing to do with Caylee's death, he has not been charged with anything, and if he is charged (not accused) we will deal with that when and if it happens" It also says that they won't speculate as to what the defense will or won't put forth at trial (because they know). That is all that statement says to me.

Mason wouldn’t address*why Anthony went 31 days without telling anyone the child was missing. “That’s going to have to wait for trial for the answer,” he said.**”Does it make people prejudiced against her? Yes.”* But he added, “If the child were unlawfully killed, then the crime ended when she was killed. The next day, the next week, the next month really is kind of irrelevant to what happened.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...le+Feedfetcher

I am sorry but he really sounds like an idiot saying that stuff.

First of all, it is not 'prejudice' to dislike a mother who ignores that her baby is missing.
It is common sense. Who parties while ignoring their toddler has been 'kidnapped'?

And his other statement is pure nonsense. How can he even pretend that there is no relevance to the behavior of a criminal who is trying to hide a capital crime?

So if CM claims to have grown close to KC but has had only limited visits with her would that be a mistruth, or is he including himself in with the many others when he talks about the liars in this case, or maybe is it somewhere in between. He has seen those crime scene photos and if had I seen them I would not be feeling all warm and fuzzy about Ms. Anthony.

I'll bet his grandchildren are not too happy about him mentioning them in the same sentence as KC either. jmo

Mason wouldn’t address*why Anthony went 31 days without telling anyone the child was missing. “That’s going to have to wait for trial for the answer,” he said.**”Does it make people prejudiced against her? Yes.”* But he added, “If the child were unlawfully killed, then the crime ended when she was killed. The next day, the next week, the next month really is kind of irrelevant to what happened.”

First of all, it is not 'prejudice' to dislike a mother who ignores that her baby is missing.
It is common sense. Who parties while ignoring their toddler has been 'kidnapped'?

And his other statement is pure nonsense. How can he even pretend that there is no relevance to the behavior of a criminal who is trying to hide a capital crime?

Isn't any killing of a child unlawful? Is it lawful to kill your own child?

My favorite part of the CM interview was his answer to this question

"How did you and your wife meet?"

to which CM responded (paraphrased)..."Well we worked together. I had hired her as my legal secretary and of course that's before sexual harassment..........

His poor wife looked as if she wanted to crawl into a hole. It was so degrading and totally disrespectful.

Once again...CM proves his chauvinistic attitude is alive and well. Just disgusting.

Fondly,
Not an idiot blogger.

Not surprising at all ... the man is a bigot and a chauvinist for sure ... his interaction with Linda Drane Burdick and Kathi Belich are just the tip of the iceberg, IMO ... his whole persona annoys me no end ... CM has not one bit of respect for any woman and his disdain for professionally successful women is very obvious and he doesn't care ... arrogant old coot ... :maddening:

Soft spot for KC ??? Seriously ??? What about Caylee the innocent little 2 year old ... does he have any great grandchildren ??

ITA ! I hope this is what he's planning to tell the jury !!
ummm ... "then the crime ended when she was killed" ... well, I'm just flabbergasted !! he seems to want people to ignore the fact that AFTER the killing, the crime was concealed, evidence destroyed, body wrapped up and disposed of, and a story contrived about a non-existent nanny ... crimes, IMO, continued in her effort to evade being caught and punished ... duh :banghead:

My take on the quotes I have read from CM today:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::sick::sick::sick:

How much longer do we have? Justice for Caylee!!!!

ETA: I was thinking...you know...it didn't end with the killing, unlawful or otherwise for Caylee!!! Geez!

I finally finished the entire thread! I am listening now, I dvr'd it when I had to go out.

The big "hint" was that CM said "accident" and the defense has no way to put this information before the jury, unless there was an eye witness! So far, nobody has come forward to say they witness the "tragic accident." Oh! I guess they are planning to have Casey take the stand!

Someone upthread mentioned that the defense may not have to present a case. Someone mentioned Scott Peterson and how well that worked. Mason also mentioned asking for a judgement of aquittal after the state has presented their case. That happens when the defense claims that the prosecution hasn't made a prima facie case (true case). The judge can then acquit the accused.

This is HUGE!!! I think we have the whole thing figured out now...

I am a goof and didn't DVR it - running errands and thought it would be some more JB fluff.:banghead:

Can anyone, anyone??? find or get a transcript or video???? I need to see this whole thing from start to finish...

Ok, breathe....

He is so hard for me to listen to. Talks in circles JMO

YES he does!!!!!!!!!!

Here is what I got out of his 'interview' today:

Thwartcake-1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online