True Crime Radio Interview w/ SMS - Beach & Jessica Lipscomb 10/8/2015**READ ONLY**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys catch that after SMS said that MS was a victim because he was a family member, that he corrected himself and changed it to "could be a victim"?

11:37 "We don’t believe right now that our case has concluded, that our investigation is complete, and that we have finished our business. And so until that point in time comes, yes, it would be safer to say that of course he remains in that envelope of, again, suspect, witness, victim. We know he’s a victim. At the very least we know a family member is a victim, indirectly. Or could be a victim."

Did he say that five or six may be arrested?

He said hypothetically if they arrest 5 people in any case, it doesn't mean there aren't more out there they don't know about.

Tonight during the interview with Jessica Lipscomb from the Naples Daily News ( after Sheriff Mike Scott had to leave due to an emergency), she confirmed, that JR 's nickname "Hammer" was something he was not called by close friends before, but must have adopted that name some-when later.

Interesting!

-Nin

Chilling. Chilling to know this was brutal crime was premeditated against an unarmed, defenseless woman.

Great job!

SMS did seem to be more careful in discussing whether MS a POI and how he fit into the "envelope," but I feel like what he didn't say is more telling. He still doesn't say he's not a POI. They have two arrests, they clearly have a direction they're going and if that direction doesn't include the possibility of MS I think they'd just say it at this point.

I think it is important for SMS to be vague about MS. He mentioned that there might be a total of 4 or 5 arrests. If MS has been cleared (or is cooperating) that still leaves 2 or 3 other POI's that might want to harm or silence him or his family. If they are certain he is guilty, but don't have everything they need for an arrest, they don't want to reveal that information for several reasons. He might become a flight risk, he might harm the children, he might tip-off any others who are involved or he might stop cooperating with LE and stop the flow of "information". jmoo

If there was more than 1 witness, she would be one of them, yes.

-Nin

IIRC The new wife of CCW was originally arrested at the same time he was. I've been curious whether we would learn the reason for that.

IIRC The new wife of CCW was originally arrested at the same time he was. I've been curious whether we would learn the reason for that.

No, she was never arrested. I do believe she was brought in for questioning at some time but SMS cleared that rumor up a while back. (Please don't make me look for the link tonight. lol I promise to find somebody to help me track it down tomorrow. ) In fact, that rumor grew legs so bad that it was almost like he felt obligated to set it straight and he clearly did that. IIRC, the rumor even purported that she was held for 3 days. SMS was good enough to come clean & set the record straight by saying she was never arrested or held in custody for 3 days. It's not like he defended her, but he did clear up that rumor.

What we did learn is that MS is a POI, and CWW was a suspect at the funeral on July 6th. Also Sheriff Scott gave a possible clue when he hinted that there may...I say may...be some involvement of the practice when he repeated the term "business model" several times. Our goal is to sleuth, and his goal is to protect the investigation. There were also interesting comments in the chat room beforehand from people connected to the investigations, such as a family member of RB. Great job Tricia and beach, and thanks to KateB!

ETA: Someone in tbe chat room (who knows TS family) commented that the children are doing great or words to that effect.
RIVERSINTHEDESERT...Excellent summation of the radio interview. Talk about hitting 3 for 3...it answered the last of my questions.....WHO, and WHY. CWW being identified as a POI even before the funeral. He must have left DNA at the scene... and they (LE) got a CODIS hit, in 48hrs.(remember, "we drove the evidence directly to the lab", we didn't wait .) So, the police PUT UP CRIME SCENE TAPE THE DAY OF THE FUNERAL
in order to keep CWW off the property and not claim his DNA was there because he attended the funeral.....very, very, clever. Crime scene tape made it easier to post LE near the property etc. without drawing a lot of attention. (I wonder if he even realized LE was onto him so quickly?) The "raid on the trailer, was just a warning-shot-across-the-bow (IMO) to see if he panicked and who he would contact. It didn't work, CWW has ice running through his veins...a cool operator. Ironically, it was JRR's gf who panicked...wow!
And finally the WHY because he wasn't going to get to use TS's business to launder $$ & drugs. (perhaps sold on the secondary market) Didn't want to go to jail, and helped his buddy solve a lot of problems. By that I mean, the WHY could encompass a lot of other resentments, built up over time...but fear of going to jail was the worst for CWW. He wasn't worried about MS after all, hasn't MS always kept all his secrets?

I take it to mean that he is being very careful. It would be terrible if someone on a jury later said oh yeah, I heard SMS on the radio saying that her husband was a suspect even before he was arrested.

He kept reverting back to very generic terms about how it is in any ongoing investigation, that a person can be a victim, witness, suspect. He put it out that in theory, MS is at minimum a victim as a family member. And yet, MS knew CWW (and JR), so IMO he is definitely a witness, yet SMS wouldn't even confirm that much. Maybe he wants someone to wonder where they fall between witness and suspect; if we're that worried about what SMS meant, imagine what might be going through any possible suspect's mind.

No worries; he seems confident about investigation, and I don't think he would have done the interview if he was panicking about not having the evidence to see it through to its proper end.

Well said. He pretty much told us that he could not tell us MS is the next arrest. It would be "inappropriate." And I am not mocking SMS in the slightest. He is being as clear as he can be without compromising the investigation. Respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIVERSINTHEDESERT...Excellent summation of the radio interview. Talk about hitting 3 for 3...it answered the last of my questions.....WHO, and WHY. CWW being identified as a POI even before the funeral. He must have left DNA at the scene... and they (LE) got a CODIS hit, in 48hrs.(remember, "we drove the evidence directly to the lab", we didn't wait .) So, the police PUT UP CRIME SCENE TAPE THE DAY OF THE FUNERAL
in order to keep CWW off the property and not claim his DNA was there because he attended the funeral.....very, very, clever. Crime scene tape made it easier to post LE near the property etc. without drawing a lot of attention. (I wonder if he even realized LE was onto him so quickly?) The "raid on the trailer, was just a warning-shot-across-the-bow (IMO) to see if he panicked and who he would contact. It didn't work, CWW has ice running through his veins...a cool operator. Ironically, it was JRR's gf who panicked...wow!
And finally the WHY because he wasn't going to get to use TS's business to launder $$ & drugs. (perhaps sold on the secondary market) Didn't want to go to jail, and helped his buddy solve a lot of problems. By that I mean, the WHY could encompass a lot of other resentments, built up over time...but fear of going to jail was the worst for CWW. He wasn't worried about MS after all, hasn't MS always kept all his secrets?

I believe it will be the women within the "envelope of suspicion" surrounding TS's death that will allow this case to crack---yes, the wives, girlfriends, & dare I say..the mistresses too! The women will not fall on the sword for these culprits.

Additionally, let's not forget that some of the evidence that SMS mentioned that is still being processed could have to do with the DNA swabbing from the DOGS!

You know I was listening but was very confused about this part. He said he's in the envelope and it could be as a victim, suspect, witness. Like he wouldn't say he is NOT a suspect.

I listened to the radio interview. It sounded to me that we are not going to get the documents.. that the sheriff was really not pointing the finger at MS as a suspect but as a victim, that the case might lead back to even another state (Connecticut?). The sheriff said CWW was a POI when the funeral was held (July 6). That would indicate to me that MS might have fingered him.JMO. That the dogs were of interest but didnt say why, That they had to look at the charts of the patients because there could have been someone who could have been suspicious. i dont know..I really got no new useful info.. did anyone else? MOO.

Warning....DO NOT SHOOT THE MESSENGER before reading what I am about to post....:hiding:

After listening again, I am understanding much better why FL is in no hurry to transfer CWW to Florida.

Hear me out...

It is clear that SMS is not in any hurry whatsoever to hear that FL Sunshine Law timer ticking which begins the minute CWW enters the state. He made it clear that they plan on having "a voice" in the courtroom arguing for at least some of it to remained sealed. He also made it very clear that their investigation is not complete and they want to protect any information contained within the docs, 911 calls, arrest warrants, etc...that could in any way compromise their mission. I believe they will be successful to a great extent, and rightfully so. I imagine we may be thrown a bone or two, that will be redacted.

Anyway, I know we are all anxious for those docs. Me too! Believe me, I am chomping at the bit to get my hands on those docs. BUT, we need to keep our eye on the ball and muster our patience. Because, ultimately, we all want ALL those who played any role contributing to the brutal death that Teresa suffered to be charged accordingly, face a jury of their peers and for those charges to STICK. Prosecutors need enough evidence to be able to PROVE their case at trial. So, put your comfy patience pants on because I have a feeling we might be doing a little more of this ---> :waiting:

Sorry, but somebody had to tell y'all. :hiding:

I think you are 100% correct. They won't move him until they are sure they have their ducks in a row. I have a feeling that CWW's activities go way beyond this case.
JMO

I believe it will be the women within the "envelope of suspicion" surrounding TS's death that will allow this case to crack---yes, the wives, girlfriends, & dare I say..the mistresses too! The women will not fall on the sword for these culprits.

Additionally, let's not forget that some of the evidence that SMS mentioned that is still being processed could have to do with the DNA swabbing from the DOGS!

You don't think they would have come crawling out of the woodwork?
All these women?

I listened to the radio interview. It sounded to me that we are not going to get the documents.. that the sheriff was really not pointing the finger at MS as a suspect but as a victim, that the case might lead back to even another state (Connecticut?). The sheriff said CWW was a POI when the funeral was held (July 6). That would indicate to me that MS might have fingered him.JMO. That the dogs were of interest but didnt say why, That they had to look at the charts of the patients because there could have been someone who could have been suspicious. i dont know..I really got no new useful info.. did anyone else? MOO.

I got no new useful info from the interview either, although it did push me a little bit more over the fence toward MS being a victim in the murder of his wife. I'm not saying that he is not complicit to other crimes that may have led up to his wife being murdered, but the interview made me feel like he may not have been involved in the actual PLANNING of his wife's murder. I am still on the fence about this case.

The Sheriff seemed, to me, to indicate concern for the children and pets. Strange concerns about an "innocent" man, I feel.

I did not get any positive vibes about MS from the Sheriff. No warm fuzzy at all.

I think the sheriff came across both ways last night as far as MS being a POI and a victim. I can see both sides of this. jmo.

I take it to mean that he is being very careful. It would be terrible if someone on a jury later said oh yeah, I heard SMS on the radio saying that her husband was a suspect even before he was arrested.

He kept reverting back to very generic terms about how it is in any ongoing investigation, that a person can be a victim, witness, suspect. He put it out that in theory, MS is at minimum a victim as a family member. And yet, MS knew CWW (and JR), so IMO he is definitely a witness, yet SMS wouldn't even confirm that much. Maybe he wants someone to wonder where they fall between witness and suspect; if we're that worried about what SMS meant, imagine what might be going through any possible suspect's mind.

No worries; he seems confident about investigation, and I don't think he would have done the interview if he was panicking about not having the evidence to see it through to its proper end.

Well said! I totally agree.

I know it frustrated a lot of listeners but I respect the way SMS answered those questions. Actually, I had another question I planned on leading with but Tricia had already done all she could do to get him to commit more specifically. It clearly was not going to happen. I knew how limited our time was with him, so I tossed my original question (which would have elicited the same responses we had already heard) and chose to move on to others I felt like he might answer.

With two perps already arrested, clearly SMS is in constant contact with the DA's office. The last thing he wants to do is make their job more difficult and by saying anything that will cause them problems in securing a conviction on ANY one of the people eventually charged. He is being very careful not to play into a defense attorney's hands. A very popular defense tactic (and often a very successful argument when presented to a jury) is to accuse LE of having tunnel vision, focusing on one person and railroading (MS, in this case) while ignoring other possible leads. In short, SMS is being very wise to avoid handing the defense that gift of argument served up on a silver platter.

One thing I respect and find fascinating about SMS, he is without a doubt the best LE official I have ever seen when talking to the media. He ALWAYS chooses his words very carefully. We're always opining around here how SMS divulges exactly what he wants others to hear/know. (And by "others", I don't just mean the listening audience tuned in to last night's show.) There is always a method to his madness. For me, it is absolutely fascinating to watch that man work his magic. He is darn good at it, too.

So, all that stuff re. the "envelope" including POIs, suspects, witnesses and/or vicitims - I don't read much into that at all. I simply interpret it only as "Nope, not going to pin me down and get me to divulge who I feel (know?) specifically falls into each of those categories."

RSBM

Thanks IQ and I am willing to bet the Sheriff himself was at the funeral and sitting close to CWW since he knew TS personally.
Now that is a WOW! RIVERSINTHEDESERT, I'll buy you dinner, and share a good bottle of wine...just to see that "picture" once!! Heck, if that photo exists, I may change my opinion of CWW "being a cool operator or having ice in his veins".... and change it to "clueless arrogance."
(Eight hash marks on SMS's sleeve, beats 4 of a kind...any day!)

As I posted in another thread, I don't know where to ask this....what is the deal about the dogs? Being locked up in a room? Thanks in advance as I am new to this case.

Nana, I bumped "The Dogs" thread for you. I will move your post over to it. You might enjoy back reading. There is some good info there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici