two questions

bwelch said:
1) if the Ramseys killed JBR why did John find the body? why didn't he let LE find it?

2) if the Ramseys killed JBR why did Patsy write such a weird, long ransom note. Everyone knows they'll compare handwriting samples....why would she write such a lengthy one

bwelch,

1. My theory on this is along the lines of BDI. The evidence suggests that John had actually found the body much earlier that morning -- probably around 3 or 4 A.M. He knew Burke was involved, so the coverup was launched at that time. However, Burke and a young accomplice (probably ***** *****) had already completed much of the staging, including writing the childish ransom note and bashing in JonBenet's head to make it look like the work of a fiendish foreign terrorist. John "found" the body at 1:05 P.M. because he couldn't wait any longer for the cops to find it. He knew JonBenet was beginning to rot in the heat of the basement. John had moved the body to an easier to find location at around 10 or 11 A.M., but the cops still never found it, so he gave up and found it himself.

2. Patsy Ramsey didn't write a long and weird ransom note -- BURKE WROTE IT. The CBI's handwriting experts eliminated John as the writer and came close to eliminating Patsy, but they couldn't eliminate Burke.

JMO

I want to know why Patsy got up and put on the same clothes she was wearing the night before. It seems odd to me that she would wear the same clothes two days in a row and not shower - especially when she was going on vacation that day. Has she ever said anything to explain why she did that?

The fact that Patsy was wearing the same clothing she had on the day before, coupled with her timeline of when she got up that morning and all that she claims she did before even calling the police at 5:52am - one can very reasonably see that a big LIE is involved in Patsy's account.
Patsy was meticulous about her appearance. She talks in her book about how she never even went out of the house without her makeup done. She was a millionaire beauty queen who believed that image was extemeley important. She stated that she wanted to "make a good impression" on Melinda's fiance that day when she arrived to meet him. Do you really think that not taking a shower and wearing dirty clothes from the day before FITS into this? Of course not.

But it's not the only incriminating thing surrounding the Ramseys and the death and cover-up of their daughter.
One by one, piece by piece, added up all together and it is simply illogical to think anyone but one of those 3 Ramseys in the house that night was responsible for the death of JonBenet. And they were all responsible for the cover-up. To this day.

K777angel said:
The fact that Patsy was wearing the same clothing she had on the day before, coupled with her timeline of when she got up that morning and all that she claims she did before even calling the police at 5:52am - one can very reasonably see that a big LIE is involved in Patsy's account.
Patsy was meticulous about her appearance. She talks in her book about how she never even went out of the house without her makeup done. She was a millionaire beauty queen who believed that image was extemeley important. She stated that she wanted to "make a good impression" on Melinda's fiance that day when she arrived to meet him. Do you really think that not taking a shower and wearing dirty clothes from the day before FITS into this? Of course not.

But it's not the only incriminating thing surrounding the Ramseys and the death and cover-up of their daughter.
One by one, piece by piece, added up all together and it is simply illogical to think anyone but one of those 3 Ramseys in the house that night was responsible for the death of JonBenet. And they were all responsible for the cover-up. To this day.
EXACTLY! IMO too!

Angel,

Yours' was an excellent post about Patsy being fully dressed when the cops got to the house at 6:00 A.M.

We could add, why was Patsy fully dressed and going downstairs to make coffee at 5:45 A.M. AFTER getting all spiffed up? Most people put the coffee on and THEN get dressed while it's brewing. According to them John was out of bed first that morning, and would have likely gotten dressed and gone downstairs long before Patsy. He would have then enjoyed a cup of coffee while Patsy was getting dressed. But, according to them, Patsy put on full makeup and dressy clothes BEFORE making coffee. Not likely! I think the three Ramseys had already been up for a couple of hours before they finally made the 911 call at 5:52 A.M.

JMO

That early morning boo boo, won't get a guilty verdict by a jury. What else have you got?

Someone start making a list of boo boo's. When we get to the same number of em that ISP had then 'we' will have something.

Camper said:
That early morning boo boo, won't get a guilty verdict by a jury. What else have you got?

Someone start making a list of boo boo's. When we get to the same number of em that ISP had then 'we' will have something.

Camper,

There are no boo boo's that will convict Patsy by a jury. Patsy didn't kill JonBenet.

Patsy is involved in the coverup, and that's all.

JMO

why did John find the body? why didn't he let LE find it?

Weren't John and Fleet told to search the house? He would have looked more guilty if he hadn't found her after being told to search the house.

why the lengthy ransom note...

Psycholinguistics would purport that the ransom note is actually a confession.

The ransom note was successful in diverting the first responder's attention, thereby preventing the house from being treated immediately as a crime scene.

Twinkies Mom, you are absolutely correct.
Quote "The ransom note was successful in diverting the first responder's attention, thereby preventing the house from being treated immediately as a crime scene."

Caught the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum crew on the day after Christmas, at the empty police station. Twas the day after Christmas and all through the BPD, everyone was sleepin' ZZZZ even the station mouse.

-------------------
Blue Crab, YOU of all people know that I KNOW that PR didn't do IT, you donut need to make brownie points by making people think that I think that. Read my portion again as follows: Originally Posted by Camper "That early morning boo boo, won't get a guilty verdict by a jury. What else have you got? Ambidextrous Patsy is innocent of the crime of murder, but not so innocent in the cover up. imop.

I still blame the demon booze, a good Christian would protect someone under the influence, that did not really know what they were doing. You see I donut think Burke did it either, but you do.

Tit for Tat, the family Ramsey suffer their own prison time 'at home'.

I feel deep sorrow for such a family and their personal calamity.

I pray that a drooling perp is found, but I don't see it happening in my lifetime.

Patsy didn't change clothes because she was out that night (presumably with a close friend) and returned early that morning to prepare for the trip to MI.

Think about it, when in your life have you worn the same clothes the next day?

amordei said:
Think about it, when in your life have you worn the same clothes the next day?

I, for one, can see Patsy doing this.

Perhaps (do we know for sure?) she only wore that outfit to the White's party....for a few hours....and esp. if it were "dry clean only" she may have laid it aside and simply put it back on again the next morning. Maybe she took a shower immediately before going to the White's on late Christmas afternoon and wasn't going to take another shower until that night in Charlevoix. I'm not a beauty queen, but certainly more vain than I should be, and I could see myself behaving in this same fashion.

Nehemiah said:
I, for one, can see Patsy doing this.

Perhaps (do we know for sure?) she only wore that outfit to the White's party....for a few hours....and esp. if it were "dry clean only" she may have laid it aside and simply put it back on again the next morning. Maybe she took a shower immediately before going to the White's on late Christmas afternoon and wasn't going to take another shower until that night in Charlevoix. I'm not a beauty queen, but certainly more vain than I should be, and I could see myself behaving in this same fashion.

Yep I agree, I always wondered why the big fuss over same clothes the next morning.

bwelch said:
1) if the Ramseys killed JBR why did John find the body? why didn't he let LE find it?

A) He was asked to search. Not finding the body would have been worse for him than finding it.

bwelch said:
2) if the Ramseys killed JBR why did Patsy write such a weird, long ransom note. Everyone knows they'll compare handwriting samples....why would she write such a lengthy one

A) She attempted to disguise her handwriting to thwart a handwriting comparison.

B) She, as is the case with many people who are covering things up, thought she was smarter than the cops and would do a good enough job to get away with it. IMO, the fact that it is so long points to pr if you ask me. To much info, trying to convince reader/authorities it is real.

K777angel said:

............very good post...!

...and my thoughts exactly....

...who ( at 6 a.m. ???) is fully dressed to the nines putting on the coffee ? she was so obviously still dressed from the prior evening............

Hey, am I the only one who's been here all along and never heard of any Bonita Papers until now? Even read through this thread once w/out noticing and happened to read again just now.

Will someone briefly explain what they are? Please! Thanks in advance.

bwelch said:
Its likely that John had in some manner left forensic clues behind and realized it would be more helpful if he found her than have to explain how his fibers arrived on her blanket or other clothing. It may simply have been a means to keep control of the situation and influence further events.

bwelch said:
All aspects of the staging point directly at them, more so than if they had not done any staging. So it can viewed as a naive attempt at staging, which failed.

All in all its possible the staging bought them time. Time regroup and lawyer up, initially they were probably going to fly away and go to ground, issuing press releases, and if it got scary just flee the country. But circumstance forced them to remain and once they both realized that neither could be charged individually then they started to play the legal game, along with image building.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back