TX - Abigail “Abby” Young, Up for Parole on a Yearly Basis

She will not have another parole hearing. She will be released in August 2018 unless she misbehaves in prison. It is an automatic thing, release at her serve all date.

She will not come up for parole again but will be released in 2018 which is her serve all date.

In Florida she would be required to serve 85 percent of her sentence. Too bad Texas doesn't have that law.

It is disgusting that she will be released after only 9 years. Emma will never be released, she is gone forever.

Hello toetag,

I found a handy dandy booklet at:

http://tdcj.state.tx.us/divisions/parole/index.html
Scroll down to Parole in Texas and it will link you to the booklet.

In the Table of Contents on pgs.61-62 under RELEASE AND SUPERVISION it says:

Offenders not eligible for Mandatory Supervision, those serving a sentence for a violent offense as listed in Section 508.149(a) of the Texas Government Code, are subject to, up to a five-year set off. See the following.

Government Code §508.149(a) offenses include:

Injury to a Child or Elderly, Individual or Disabled Individual, 1st Degree
Aggravated Kidnapping
Arson, 1st Degree
Aggravated Sexual Assault
Robbery, 2nd Degree
Aggravated Robbery
Burglary- Resulting in Bodily Injury, 1st Degree
Any Offense with an Affirmative Finding of a
A Felony Increased Under Health and
Safety Code (Drug-Free Zones)
Deadly Weapon
Murder, 1st Degree
Injury to Disabled Individual
Sexual Assault, 2nd Degree
Indecency with a Child, 2nd Degree
Aggravated Assault, 1st and 2nd Degree
Murder, 2nd Degree
Continuous Sexual Abuse of Young Child
Capital Murder
Sexual Performance by a Child
Criminal Solicitation of Capital Murder or A felony of first degree
Continuous Trafficking of a Person
Compelling Prostitution
Trafficking of Persons
Continuous Sexual Abuse of Young Child or Children

What if parole is denied?

If an offender is denied parole, he or she is given either a Serve-All (SA) or a Next Review (NR) date.

NR vote means that the parole panel has decided the offender is not ready for parole but that a subsequent review should be conducted at a specified future date within one to five years for offenders serving a sentence listed in §508.149(a), Government Code, and one year for an offender not serving a sentence under §508.149(a) Government Code.

Serve-All vote means that the offender is not considered ready for parole and that no future parole reviews will be scheduld. A Serve-All may only be given to offenders who have less than five years until their discharge or scheduled release to mandatory supervision if serving a sentence listed in §508.149(a), Government Code and one year for offenders not serving sentences listed in §508.149(a), Government Code.

If reconsideration of an SR or NR decision is requested by an offender based on new information previously unavailable to the parole panel, then the offender’s file and the new information may be presented for “Special Review” to the parole panel. The Special Review Panel will determine whether the new information is pertinent to the parole decision and whether the case should be returned to the original parole panel for a re-vote. Special Reviews are not commonly granted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Set Off is an informal term for Next Review Date.

I was told by someone at the Victim's Division that Serve-All meant that Young would be released on 8/16/2018 but as you can see from the link below 8/16/2018 is her NEXT PAROLE REVIEW DATE.

http://offender.tdcj.state.tx.us/Of...dcj=01668233&fullName=YOUNG,ABIGAIL+ELIZABETH

Serve-All does not mean that Young will not have to go before a Parole Board Review before she is released. There are variables that can effect her release, like breaking of rules and if enough letters are sent to protest her release. So keep checking the link above. I was told she will be on review 6mo. before her release date (per the Victim's Division). So there is still hope that she can be kept in until 2030, with the use of Emma's Law.

Respectfully Texas Tuff

Today, 3/29/16, precious Emma Thompson would have been 11 years old!

She was barely 4 years old when she flew up to Heaven on the wings of an angel . .. .

Lucas Coe brutally raped and murdered Emma on 6/27/09.

Her mother, Abigail Young, did nothing to protect Emma .. . ..

all of the aforementioned per trial testimony!
~~~~~~~~~~

March 29, 2005 ~~~ June 27, 2009

Gone . . . but never, ever forgotten!
442181.gif

attachment.php

Attachments

• 12890865_785466308250689_2713909325739543597_o.jpg
    12890865_785466308250689_2713909325739543597_o.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 54
INMATE INFORMATION

SID Number: 08428403
TDCJ Number: 01668233
Name: YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH
Race: W
DOB: 1975-08-26
Maximum Sentence Date: 2030-07-10
Current Facility: CHRISTINA MELTON CRAIN UNIT
Projected Release Date: 2018-08-16
Parole Eligibility Date: 2012-08-16
Offense History
Offense Date: 2009-06-27
Offense: RECKLESS INJ TO CHILD
Sentence Date: 2010-07-13
County: HARRIS
Case No.: 1227879
Sentence (YY-MM-DD}: 20-00-00

June 27, 2016 . .. .. .

It has been 7 years since Emma Thompson died a brutal, horrific death.

Emma is gone . . . .

but she will NEVER, EVER be forgotten! <3

~ ~ ~ Rest in peace, precious Emma Thompson! ~ ~ ~ <3

MEMORIAL VIDEO . .. IN LOVING MEMORY OF EMMA THOMPSON!

This 'Memorial video' was created in loving memory of Emma Thompson in October, 2010 by
Piper who was an active member of Reality Chatter at the time. Piper did an awesome job of creating this video.

There are many beautiful pictures of precious Emma as well as lovely 'filler' pictures.

Please take the time to watch this video . . .

No one will ever know what greatness precious Emma Thompson could have attained on earth.

Walk hand in hand with Jesus, sweet Emma . .. ..

and soar high with the angels! I know you are now a precious, special angel in Heaven! <3

[video=youtube;3BKSPV4EgoY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BKSPV4EgoY[/video]

I have posted several things today, 6/27/16, regarding Emma Thompson, to my Facebook 'timeline'.

For those who do Facebook, here is the Link:

https://www.facebook.com/ann.davids.3
Facebook - Ann Davids

For those who do not do Facebook, I would like to copy and paste one of the posts I posted to my Facebook timeline today re a most informative interview by Katie McCall, a Reporter/Anchor with Fox26 News - Houston, TX (2014). This interview video is posted at WS 'up thread'.

Even though many of you have already seen it in 2014, I think today is most appropriate to post it again.

June 27, 2016 is the date Emma Thompson was officially pronounced dead at the Emergency Room of a hospital in The Woodlands, TX.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I posted the following to my Facebook timeline this morning, 6/27/16:

EMMA THOMPSON'S STORY FEATURED ON Fox26 - Houston, TX

An exceptional news report by Katie McCall - Reporter/Anchor . .. . . the missed opportunities to save precious Emma Thompson that failed because of Abigail Young's (Emma Thompson's mother) many lies!

A great re-cap of the facts and the changes in Texas law due to Emma Thompson's brutal, horrific rape and murder.

On November 6, 2014, Emma Thompson's story was featured on FOX26 News - Houston, TX.

I think Katie McCall, who was a Reporter/Anchor for FOX 26 News-Houston, TX in 2014 did an exceptional job of telling the facts and interviewing Amanda Mathews, Emma Thompson's maternal aunt and Abigail Young's sister.

Katie McCall also interviewed Colleen Barnett, the Lead Prosecutor in the trials of Abigail Young (Emma Thompson's mother) and Lucas Coe (Young's boyfriend at the time of Emma's brutal rape and murder.) It should be noted that Young and Coe had separate trials in 2010. Colleen Barnett and her assistant prosecutor, did an exceptional job of presenting Emma Thompson's case to the jury and Court. Thanks to Colleen and her assistant for getting the convictions and sentences for Lucas Coe and Abigail Young . . .. their presentation of the facts was critical in this case!

This interview aired on the FOX26 News at 9 pm on 11/6/14 and was uploaded to YouTube by Amanda Mathews on 11/7/14.

Special thanks to Amanda Mathews and Colleen Barnett for their interview and letting the public know the facts.

Katie McCall was a Reporter/Anchor with KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX at the time of Emma's death (2009) and the trials of Abigail Young and Lucas Coe (2010). Katie did an exceptional job of covering Emma's story during that time.

Special thanks to Katie McCall for covering Emma's tragic death and the trials of Abigail Young and Lucas Coe.

The media attention brought awareness to the facts and without a doubt, it garnered support for justice for Emma Thompson . . . . . .. as evidenced by the thousands from all over the world who supported 'justice for Emma Thompson.'

Katie McCall is now an Anchor/Reporter in Tampa, FL. Katie, we miss you! Please come back to Houston, TX soon!

[video=youtube;G3qsIWmfR_M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3qsIWmfR_M[/video]
Katie McCall of Fox26 Houston News reports on the missed opportunity of Baby Emma:

ABIGAIL YOUNG IS UP FOR PAROLE REVIEW!

ABIGAIL YOUNG, the mother of precious Emma Thompson, is up for PAROLE REVIEW! I am hoping many Websleuth members will write the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles (TBPP) opposing her parole.

I will provide required info, when writing TBPP, later. Hopefully, this afternoon or tomorrow for sure!

To a Websleuth MOD: Do you think a new thread should be started?
~~~~~

I received a notification from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Victim Services Division, via E-mail, this morning, 2/14/18.

I will snip pertinent info from the e-mail:

2/14/2018

RE: Offender YOUNG, ABIGAIL, State ID# 08428403, TDCJ# 01668233

The Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Parole Division is processing this offender's case for mandatory review by the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles on 2/13/2018. The purpose of this review is for the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles to decide whether or not to release the offender on 8/16/2018, the projected release date. The review process is normally completed within two to six months. As soon as the Board has reached a decision, we will notify you. The projected discharge date is 7/10/2030.

In rare instances, due to the Ex Parte Retzlaff court decision, an offender being released to mandatory supervision may be released without a Board vote. Further information regarding Retzlaff cases may be obtained by visiting our website at http://www.tdcj.texas.gov/divisions/vs/victim_retzlaff.html.

We acknowledge how difficult it may be for you to write about the effects of this crime. You may submit any letters, newspaper clippings, or photographs that would help the Board of Pardons and Paroles understand how the offense has affected you. In order to ensure the Board receives your input prior to voting the case, we ask that you respond as soon as possible and reference the TDCJ or State Identification Number (SID) when submitting material. If you are a victim, the guardian of a victim, or a close relative of a deceased victim, please inform others with an interest in this offender's consideration for release.

Sharing from Laurie Kuderna Thompson's Facebook timeline. She is the paternal grandmother of precious Emma Thompson.

Please read Laurie's post. Please write a letter and e-mail per the instructions in Laurie's post.

The following is the post by Laurie Kuderna Thompson:

Attention all FB Friends! I desperately need your help right away.

I just received a notice from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice that Abigail Elizabeth Young, the convicted accomplice in the beating, sexual assault and murder of my 4 year-old- granddaughter is being considered for parole this summer!! It is essential that we let the Parole Bd know we VEHEMENTLY oppose her release. She received a 20-year sentence and $10,000 fine and has served LESS THAN 8 YEARS of her sentence. Emma did NOT get a second chance at life.

Please e-mail your letters of protest to the following address: victim.svc@tdcj.state.tx.us Your protest letter does not need to be lengthy but it MUST include her name and ID numbers: Abigail Elizabeth Young, TDCJ# 01668233, State ID# 08428403

Every member of the Parole Board reviewing this case is required by law to read every piece of correspondence they receive. Please ask your friends, spouses, classmates, colleagues, church groups, to each send a short e-mail protesting her release! The more letters, the better the chance we have of getting her parole denied. The last time she was considered for parole, they received thousands of letters - some from Europe, Canada and Australia. You do NOT have to be a resident of Texas to send a protest letter!!

Her last parole was denied in 2013 when we successfully convinced the Parole Bd to set her parole consideration back 5 years. She has demonstrated no remorse, continues to portray herself as a victim in the process, has been treated for known drug issues, and has no respect or regard for the constraints of common decency or law. She apparently cannot even conform to the minimal expectations of prison life since she has lost visitation privileges over 25 times just since May, 2017! PLEASE HELP! Private message me with any questions. Thanks!

Here are two links from the time of the trial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib4ho8Mcmcg

https://www.chron.com/&#8230;/Mom-s-knees-buckle-as-she-gets-max-&#8230;

Mother On Trial For Death Of Her 4-Year-Old Daughter
A year after a suburban 4-year-old's gruesome death helped&#8230;
YOUTUBE.COM

Do you need to be a Texas, or US, resident to write? I am in Canada but will send an email if I am allowed to

Edit: I saw that you don't. I will be writing.

I have sent my email

WARNING EMAIL CONTAINS GRAPHIC CONTENT OF EMMA'S INJURIES....

&#8203;
Reference: Young, Abigail

State ID: 08428403

TDCJ ID: 01668233

Placed on Parole Review: 4/30/13

I am a UK citizen, who lives in Canada, a criminologist and a mother to 3 daughters. I respectfully ask that you deny Abigail Young parole. Having followed the crime that Abigail Young committed against her four year old daughter, Emma Thompson in 2009, I strongly feel that Young does not deserve to be released at this time.
Young allowed her daughter to be repeatedly raped and ultimately murdered by her boyfriend, Lucas Coe. Coe had a history of abuse, child abuse and drug abuse. In fact Coe had been investigated no less than 3 separate times with regards to child abuse allegations. Young&#8217;s maternal instinct should have been to protect her children from this man, instead she left her children in Coe&#8217;s custody while she was away from the house. Where were her maternal alarm bells? Why would she feel that Coe was a suitable person to have around her children? What made Young feel that her daughter was safe with his individual?
Young was in a position as a mother to advocate for her daughter, to protect her from Coe, to ensure she lived a safe and happy life. As a nurse, she should have had an inbuilt desire to protect and nurture her child. However when Emma was taken to a doctor with genital herpes in her mouth and genital area Young did NOTHING. In fact Young managed to convince authorities that the child had not been sexually abused despite the presence of genital herpes. When Emma died the Medical Examiner found three broken ribs in various stages of healing, a fracture to her skull, injuries to her pancreas, severe hemorrhaging and tearing to her vagina that would have required stitches to heal, evidence of sexual trauma to her vaginal area that suggested that Emma had been violated within the past 24 hours preceding her death, and also evidence of older injuries to her vaginal area, and over 80 bruises on her little four year old body. Emma died from blunt force trauma to her abdomen.
Instead of ensuring that her child was safe, Young continued to lie and asking others, including her two other children, to lie, by denying that Coe lived in the house, by telling a neighbour who saw blood on Emma&#8217;s panties that Emma had scratched her vaginal area on a swimming pool, telling them that Emma&#8217;s injuries had occurred due to her falling out of her bed or by running into furniture. Even as her child was receiving treatment from EMS, Young lied saying that Emma had a UTI and had passed out after having an &#8220;abnormally large bowel movement&#8221;. Young even became belligerent when asked why her car was parked facing the opposite direction from the hospital. A Sheriff's officer was told by Young that Emma had vomited in the car, yet no evidence of vomit was found by the officer. Despite the fact that her child was being abused to the point of dying, Young at no point provide even the basic maternal care for her daughter. While strangers and EMS workers were trying to revive Emma, Young stood talking on her cell phone such was her disregard for Emma&#8217;s life. She had ample opportunity over a period of time to remove Coe from her daughters&#8217; lives and yet not only did she simply not do this, she also acted in ways to allow Coe&#8217;s abuse of this beautiful child to continue, and this led to the tragic, horrific, brutal death of a precious child.
Emma would have looked to Young to be the person to protect her. At four years old, not even in school yet, Emma did not have the capability to protect herself from Coe, or even verbalize what was happening to her. Family members and friends stated that they noticed changes in Emma, that she appeared sad, in pain, bruised, and yet Young did not? I am a mother myself, and my instinct would be to firstly to not allow an individual like Coe into mine or my children&#8217;s lives, but secondly, if I had any suspicion that Coe was hurting my child in any way, I would remove him from my child&#8217;s life. That is, I believe what a normal parent would do.
Young was sentenced to 20 years in prison. She has not even served half that term. She has shown no remorse for her inaction to protect her child, or the actions that led up to allowing Coe to repeatedly rape and physically abuse Emma until she died. The death of Emma Thompson has impacted not only her family, who are still suffering from the horrific loss of this precious child, but also impacted many people worldwide who feel that Emma was so miserably failed by Young and who have shed so many tears over the brutal torture that this baby endured.
Texas has a duty to show that it will not allow its children to live and die like this. Young deserves to serve every single day of her 20 year sentence in prison. I implore you to not grant Young parole and to ensure that justice for Emma Thompson is served.
Yours sincerely,
<strike></strike>

Thank you, Blef!

Anyone in the world can write to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles to oppose Abigail Young's parole.
All letters/e-mails will be read by the Board. Every letter counts!

Please be sure to e-mail it to:
victim.svc@tdcj.texas.gov
PLEASE INCLUDE:
Offender: YOUNG, ABIGAIL, State ID# 08428403, TDCJ# 01668233

Blef, your letter is excellent! There is no doubt that you, like me and many others, followed this case closely.

I know that Emma's maternal grandmother, Laurie Kuderna Thompson, and her maternal aunt and Abigail Young's sister, Amanda Young Mathews, will be most appreciative that you are still supporting justice for precious Emma Thompson.

Websleuth's has so many members world-wide. Many wrote letters opposing Abigail Young's parole in 2013 and were instrumental in the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles (TBPP) denying Abigail Young parole. They have to read every e-mail and letter!

Amanda Young Mathews, the maternal aunt of Emma Thompson and sister of Abigail Young, posted this on her Facebook page titled: Emma ForJustice

I have Amanda's permission to post this here:

It is Emma's maternal aunt, Amanda Young Mathews', Facebook Page which she set up years ago to seek justice for Emma.

Always . . . Emma ForJustice <3
~~~~~

Emma ForJustice
4 hrs ·

So today on this beautiful Valentine's Day I was reminded of Emma when I received my letter from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Parole Division. Though I knew it was coming up I didn't expect it today. I need your help!!!

The letter read as follows

2/14/2018

The Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Parole Division is processing this offender's case for mandatory review by the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles on 2/13/2018. The purpose of this review is for the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles to decide whether or not to release the offender on 8/16/2018, the projected release date. The review process is normally completed within two to six months. As soon as the Board has reached a decision, we will notify you. The projected discharge date is 7/10/2030.

In rare instances, due to the Ex Parte Retzlaff court decision, an offender being released to mandatory supervision may be released without a Board vote. Further information regarding Retzlaff cases may be obtained by visiting our website at http://www.tdcj.texas.gov/divisions/vs/victim_retzlaff.html.

We acknowledge how difficult it may be for you to write about the effects of this crime. You may submit any letters, newspaper clippings, or photographs that would help the Board of Pardons and Paroles understand how the offense has affected you. In order to ensure the Board receives your input prior to voting the case, we ask that you respond as soon as possible and reference the TDCJ or State Identification Number (SID) when submitting material. If you are a victim, the guardian of a victim, or a close relative of a deceased victim, please inform others with an interest in this offender's consideration

Please send your letters to:

Victim Services Division
8712 Shoal Creek Blvd., Ste. 265
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Or email them to:
Email: victim.svc@tdcj.texas.gov

PLEASE INCLUDE:

Offender:

YOUNG, ABIGAIL
State ID# 08428403, TDCJ# 01668233

Blef, your letter is excellent! There is no doubt that you, like me and many others, followed this case closely.

I know that Emma's maternal grandmother, Laurie Kuderna Thompson, and her maternal aunt and Abigail Young's sister, Amanda Young Mathews, will be most appreciative that you are still supporting justice for precious Emma Thompson.

Websleuth's has so many members world-wide. Many wrote letters opposing Abigail Young's parole in 2013 and were instrumental in the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles (TBPP) denying Abigail Young parole. They have to read every e-mail and letter!

It's the very least I can do. I was horrified when I read about poor little Emma's brutal treatment, and the complete neglect of her care by Young. I can't imagine as a mother doing absolutely nothing to protect my child when she was in such obvious danger. It made me sad for Emma, but so angry at Young. I send my love to her family and hope they know that Emma is still remembered by us

Does anyone know if LCoastMom still posts at Websleuths?

She started the Facebook page: Justice For Emma Thompson and I helped her with updates a few years ago and provided some pictures of Emma Thompson.

Although I've posted the info about Abigail Young is up for parole review - 2018 on Justice For Emma Thompson today, the post goes to a side area titled 'Posts'. There has been no activity by LCoastMom in a few years.

I know she was ill with cancer.

LCoastMom is a huge child advocate and supported justice for Emma Thompson. She, like me, even commented on articles that were from the mainstream media of Abigail Young's hometown, Brenham, TX, Bryan, TX and Houston, TX.

In 2013, after Abigail Young was denied parole with a 5 year set off, LCoastMom and I agreed to be active on Justice For Emma Thompson in 2018, ask supporters to write letters opposing Abigail Young's parole and keep Websleuth's updated.

If anyone communicates with LCoastMom, please let her know I am 'looking for her.'

This is an excellent recap of the Emma Thompson tragedy as reported by
Katie McCall (Katherine McCall - WTSP), a reporter/Anchor for FOX26 News - Houston, TX
in November, 2014.

As this story unfolded in 2009 and during the 2010 trials of Abigail Young and then Lucas Coe, Katie McCall was with KTRK News (ABC) - Houston, TX. Katie did an exceptional job of covering the Emma Thompson tragedy and the trials.

Katie interviewed Colleen Barnett, Harris County District Attorney and lead Prosecutor in the Lucas Coe and Abigail Young trials. She also interviewed Amanda Young Mathews, maternal aunt of precious Emma Thompson and sister to Abigail Young for this update.

Katie McCall is no longer in Houston but is currently an Anchor with WTSP - Tampa, Florida.

I wish Katie was still in Houston!

https://youtu.be/G3qsIWmfR_M
Emma Thompson - a report by Katie McCall - FOX26 News - Houston, TX

P. S.
I had problems with embedding this video and I had to post the Link. It is 6 minutes and 40 seconds! Excellent video.

Help! Who is the MOD for this thread? I obviously need some help!

In the past, Andy Kahan, the official Crime Victim's Advocate for the City of Houston, TX and beyond, has been a guest on Tricia Griffith's Radio Show.

Also, precious Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother and Thompson family spokesperson, Laurie Kuderna Thompson, has been a guest on Tricia's Radio Show.

The following was posted on Andy Kahan's Facebook Timeline and I shared it to my Facebook Timeline:

Sharing from Andy Kahan's Facebook timeline.

Andy Kahan is the official City of Houston and surrounding area Crime Victims Advocate.

He will be accompanying precious Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother and Thompson family spokesperson, Laurie Kuderna Thompson, to the Texas Board of Pardons and Parole review.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andy Kahan

1 hr ·

Parole Action Alert:

On behalf of 4 year-old Emma Thompson please see the below post from Emma's Grandmother Laurie Thompson.

We need everyone's help to keep Abigail Young who was sentenced to 20 years for Injury to a Child from being paroled.

We passed Legislation which became known as 'Emma's Law' to add Injury to a Child to the list of offenses eligible for a maximum set-off of 5 years which is what she received in 2013.

On behalf of Emma we deeply appreciate all your support.

&#8206;Laurie Kuderna Thompson&#8206; to Andy Kahan
11 hrs ·

Attention all FB Friends! I desperately need your help right away.

I just received a notice from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice that Abigail Elizabeth Young, the convicted accomplice in the beating, sexual assault and murder of my 4 year-old- granddaughter is being considered for parole this summer!! It is essential that we let the Parole Bd know we VEHEMENTLY oppose her release. She received a 20-year sentence and $10,000 fine and has served LESS THAN 8 YEARS of her sentence. Emma did NOT get a second chance at life.

Please e-mail your letters of protest to the following address: victim.svc@tdcj.state.tx.us Your protest letter does not need to be lengthy but it MUST include her name and ID numbers: Abigail Elizabeth Young, TDCJ# 01668233, State ID# 08428403

Every member of the Parole Board reviewing this case is required by law to read every piece of correspondence they receive. Please ask your friends, spouses, classmates, colleagues, church groups, to each send a short e-mail protesting her release! The more letters, the better the chance we have of getting her parole denied. The last time she was considered for parole, they received thousands of letters - some from Europe, Canada and Australia. You do NOT have to be a resident of Texas to send a protest letter!!

Her last parole was denied in 2013 when we successfully convinced the Parole Bd to set her parole consideration back 5 years. She has demonstrated no remorse, continues to portray herself as a victim in the process, has been treated for known drug issues, and has no respect or regard for the constraints of common decency or law. She apparently cannot even conform to the minimal expectations of prison life since she has lost visitation privileges over 25 times just since May, 2017! PLEASE HELP! Private message me with any questions. Thanks!

Here are two links from the time of the trial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib4ho8Mcmcg
https://www.chron.com/…/Mom-s-knees-buckle-as-she-gets-max-…

This morning I called the Victim Services Division (VSC) at the Texas Department of Criminal Justice in Austin, TX.

I spoke with a VSC representative to clarify some things. I posted the following on my Facebook Timeline:

LETTERS OPPOSING ABIGAIL YOUNG'S PAROLE - 2018

You do NOT have to be a Texas resident . .. any one
in the world can write a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is some confusion as to what e-mail address to use when you e-mail your letter(s) opposing parole for Abigail Young, the mother of barely 4 year old Emma Thompson, who was brutally raped, beaten and murdered by Lucas Coe, Abigail Young's live-in boyfriend at the time.

This morning I called the Victim Services Division at the Texas Department of Criminal Justice in Austin, TX. I spoke with a Victim Services Representative. She said all letters opposing Abigail Young's parole should be sent as soon as possible and include the following info:

All letters should be e-mailed to the following address:
victim.svc@tdcj.texas.gov

You do NOT have to be a Texas resident. Any one in the world can send a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young.

During the Parole Review for Young in 2013, thousands of letters were sent from all over the world opposing parole for Abigail Young.

For your info, your letter (via e-mail) is sent to the Victim Services Division at the Texas Department of Criminal Justice in Austin, TX, USA. It is processed and then forwarded to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles (TBPP) . .. . the Abigail Young file!

EVERY letter is read by the TBPP members reviewing Abigail Young for parole. YOUR letter is important and it counts!

Abigail Young was sentenced to 20 years for failure to protect her daughter, Emma Thompson.
She has served 8 years of her 20 year sentence. She is up for parole review as of 2/14/18. It will take several months for the assigned members of the Texas Board of Pardons and Parole to review.

Many supporters of continued justice for precious Emma Thompson are asking their Facebook friends, personal in person friends, etc. to write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles. Please be a voice for barely 4 year old Emma Thompson who died a horrific death. Your letter can be as simple as saying, 'I oppose parole for Abigail Young." Or you can write a more detailed letter stating why you oppose parole for Abigail Young.

Serving 8 years of a 20 year sentence is unacceptable for the death of Emma Thompson! Please be a voice for Emma and write a letter opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young!

Please share this to your Timeline!
Thank you for your continued support of justice for precious barely 4 year old Emma Thompson! Thank you for being Emma Thompson's voice!

cache.php

The following is a post that Amanda Young Mathews posted on her Facebook page, Emma ForJustice.

It is a page she set up a few years ago in her efforts to seek continued support for justice for her precious niece, Emma Thompson. Amanda is also the sister of Abigail Young.

Please "join" Emma ForJustice:

https://www.facebook.com/emma.forju...dzD-csF_q0TJSMcDvr7VElCsrP33tOygunC-U&fref=nf

Amanda gave me permission to post the following here:
~~~~~~~~~~

Emma ForJustice
Yesterday at 8:55am - February 16, 2018

After some really ugly messages this morning I have had to block a few people from my personal FB as well as my Emma ForJustice FB. This is not an attempt for attention nor my personal way of making myself "famous". This is only an Aunt of a beautiful child needing to STAND for a cause she so rightfully believes in. You can't make this up nor would anyone like to live this nightmare as we have. But I vowed almost 9 years ago that I would NEVER stop fighting for Emma and if you think that is wrong than move on. I have a pretty amazing backbone people's negativity does sadden me however it will not break me or make me lose focus on my fight for Emma.

Timothy 4:17 But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it.

Thank you God for showing me the light in the darkness of Emma's murder. I remember the phone call almost 9 years ago... Come quick Emma's going to the hospital it doesn't look good!

That phone call came from the monster that rapped and beat my niece to death! She had endured so much in her last weeks of life! By midnight Emma's body would be left life less but for anyone that has read the facts she had been gone for hours before that phone call ever came my way! 12-24 hours before she would actually be pronounced gone from this world.

I stand for child abuse awareness I stand for the voice of the child. I stand for my sweet angel Emma. And I stand for her sisters! I stand against her abusers I stand against the ones that lied and did not protect her! I stand here today happy that they were punished saddened she is gone but thankful she no longer suffers!

I have stood up and challenged the wrong doers the name sayers the ignorant and uneducated ones that didn't read the facts. The truth is none of us will know exactly what happened that day leading up to her death but thank God for DNA and CSI facts we can say today that Emma got justice maybe not all that she deserved but enough to be proud of! Texas changed laws because of her case. That very law "The Emma Law" has been helping families get the time to heal after crime against their child and keeping offenders in prison without ability to come up for parole review every year. CPS has changed their rules and instated the "Emma Clause" which is helping us to protect children all over the state of Texas.

I don't think I will ever quit posting these things and if you have a problem with the fact that I can't move on..then maybe you should move on! Walk a mile in my shoes for the past almost 9 years and know that I will NEVER be done sharing Emma's story everyone should know that! I will stand for her forever! I will continued to post her beautiful smile her sad story for she may be gone but never forgotten! And if me sharing her case can save one child or make one parent second guess their accountability then my fight is worth it! Rest peacefully sweet Emma Aunt Am still stands strong for you! Send us a wink my most beautiful angel. Gone but never forgotten.

With all that being said

Please send your letters to ask for denial of parole ASAP to:

Victim Services Division
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Or email them to:

PLEASE INCLUDE:

Offender YOUNG, ABIGAIL, State ID# 08428403, TDCJ# 01668233

Please send your letter/e-mail requesting that parole be denied for Abigail Young,
Emma Thompson's mother.

Please click on the last image of this post for e-mail info.

Please be a voice for precious Emma Thompson!

The second pic is Emma's tombstone at a cemetery in Brenham, TX, USA.
The back side of the tombstone has her last name: Thompson.

She was barely 4 years old! The pic of Emma is in a field of bluebonnets in Brenham, TX, Abigail Young's
hometown. It was Emma's last Easter Sunday on April 12, 2009.

March 29, 2009 - June 27, 2009

cache.php

Precious Emma Thompson .. . .. Gone . .. but never, ever forgotten!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following was posted today, 2/18/18, by Emma's maternal aunt, Amanda, on the Facebook page:

Emma ForJustice

Yesterday I drove into Brenham for one of my best friends mom's memorial service. When I left there I stopped by Emma's grave site and I probably looked like a crazy person talking to myself. Please send your letters for Emma. She is gone but we can not forget her!!

Romans 13:4
For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

Emma send me a wink my most beautiful angel. XOXO

Please send your letters to ask for denial of parole for Abigail Young ASAP to:

Victim Services Division
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Or email them to:

PLEASE INCLUDE:

Offender YOUNG, ABIGAIL, State ID# 08428403, TDCJ# 01668233

cache.php

cache.php

I do not know why the 3 pictures won't post. The pics are in "Preview" but when I submit this post, the pics show up as 404 - image not found.

I would appreciate help in getting the pics posted. Anyone? Thank you in advance.

On FOX 26 News - Houston, TX Wednesday night, 2/28/18, Randy Wallace, Investigative Reporter did an update on Abigail Young being up for parole review.

In his excellent report, Randy Wallace interviewed Laurie Thompson, precious Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother and the Thompson family spokesperson.

Randy Wallace also interviewed Andy Kahan, who is the official Crime Victims Advocate for the City of Houston and surrounding area.

For your info, Laurie Thompson and Andy Kahan were guests on one of Tricia Griffith's radio shows when Abigail Young was up for parole in 2013.

Tricia Griffith, if you still do your Radio Show, you could do a great follow- up show with Laurie and Andy!

Here is the video from FOX 26 News:

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/mo...n-4-year-old-girls-rape-killing-up-for-parole
FOX 26 News - Houston, TX 2/28/18 ---
Mom convicted for her role in 4-year-old girl's rape, killing up for parole

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther