GUILTY TX - Addyson Overgard-Eddy, 1, & Brynn Hawkins, 2, die in hot car, Kerr Co., June 2017 *Arrest*

Isaac:
04/03/2018 Pre Trial (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Harris, Susan)

But nothing for Kevin Franke on there.

Isaac:
04/03/2018 Pre Trial (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Harris, Susan)

But nothing for Kevin Franke on there.
Have you found any articles with how the dad of one of the children Isaac is involved. I can't find anything on how he is connected. Was he also in the house with Amanda hawkins and Kevin Franks when she left the kids out in the car?
That would be a bit odd though having your boyfriend and ex there then your boyfriend doing sleeping in the car for a couple of hours.

Have you found any articles with how the dad of one of the children Isaac is involved. I can't find anything on how he is connected. Was he also in the house with Amanda hawkins and Kevin Franks when she left the kids out in the car?
That would be a bit odd though having your boyfriend and ex there then your boyfriend doing sleeping in the car for a couple of hours.
Isaac was not there during any of this time. He was working in another city.

Grrrr......why was her trial canceled? Is she pleaing or getting a new date? TX needs to hurry up and try her she's delayed this too long. Those babies need Justice
I've not seen anything saying Issac was charged he was jailed on unrelated charges last I heard and Kevin Franke took a deal I thought?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Well.... another one that is NOT doing a trial... from court

[/TD][/TR][TH="class: ssTableHeaderLabel"]05/21/2018[/TH]Trial by Jury (8:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith) [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Does this mean her trial starts 5/21/2018? Niner?
TIA

Does this mean her trial starts 5/21/2018? Niner?
TIA

As far as I can tell "yes".

and you are all correct - I see NO charges for manslaughter or 2 counts of child endangerment & abandonment.

:dunno: Let me go back on this thread and "see" where I got those charges....

Oops - forgot to post this:

Here are the charges filed against Isaac according to the court site:
Case#.........Defendant............................Date.................Type
CR170783...Hawkins, Isaac Roy Louis......6/22/2017...Adult Misdemeanor Filed

Charge:
POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA <2OZ

CR170784....Hawkins, Isaac Roy Louis....06/22/2017...Adult Misdemeanor Filed

Charge:
RESIST ARREST SEARCH OR TRANSPORT

B17595.......Hawkins, Isaac Roy Louis......08/29/2017...Adult Felony Disposed

Charge:
ASSAULT FAM/HOUSE MEM IMPEDE BREATH/CIRCULAT-disposed

B17730........Hawkins, Isaac Roy Louis......10/24/2017...Adult Felony Disposed

Charge:
BAIL JUMPING AND FAIL TO APPEAR FELONY-Disposed

CR171353.....Hawkins, Isaac......................11/30/2017...Adult Misdemeanor Filed

Charge:
INTERFER W/EMERGENCY CALL
OFF BOND/INTERFER W/EMERGENCY CALL

The bold has a Pretrial hearing April 3rd.

The red has this:
11/15/2017 Notice Of Appearance
Moose
01/02/2018 Pre Trial (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Emerson, Melvin Rex, Jr.)
01/05/2018 Plea (8:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Emerson, Melvin Rex, Jr.)
Per Court
01/05/2018 Misc. Filings
Law Enforcement Case Submission Form
01/05/2018 Certificate
Trial Court's Certification of Def's Right to Appeal
01/05/2018 Plea
01/08/2018 Bond
$5000 PR Bond
01/26/2018 Sentencing (8:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Emerson, Melvin Rex, Jr.)
Per Court
01/26/2018 Certificate
Trial Court's Certification of Def's Right to Appeal Sentencing
02/01/2018 Docket Sheet
02/05/2018 CANCELED Pre Trial (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Emerson, Melvin Rex, Jr.)
Other
03/06/2018 CANCELED Trial by Jury (8:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Emerson, Melvin Rex, Jr.)
Other

Okay - here's what I found for Isaac:

Amanda Hawkins' husband arrested on felony charges
http://dailytimes.com/news/article_97a048bc-5a89-11e7-877d-5f35be179935.html

saac Hawkins, 19, of Kerrville, was arrested on a charge of assault on a family member by impeding breath or circulation, which is a third-degree felony.

Okay - that's the hearing on April 3rd for him. And I believe I read this sentence wrong!

Isaac Roy Louis Hawkins, the husband of Amanda Kristene Hawkins, a woman who will soon face a grand jury in the death of her two toddler-aged daughters, was arrested on felony family violence charges Friday.

:doh: I took it as Isaac is going to face a grand jury on the death on the 2 little girls....

okay - found where I messed up!! I saw "Father" and thinking Isaac! Nope it's Kevin Franke that was charged.... I will do a correction now.... :pcguru:

Father of Toddlers Left to Die in Hot Car Overnight Charged With Manslaughter
https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily...n-hot-car-overnight-charged-with-manslaughter

Wed. Feb. 7, 2018
Eight months after two young children died in Kerrville after being left alone in a hot car for 15 hours, their father has been doubly charged with manslaughter, injury to a child, and child abandonment, the San Antonio Express-News first reported.

The charges against 17-year-old Kevin Franke follow the initial charges against Amanda Hawkins, the children&#8217;s 19-year-old mother, who was indicted on two counts of abandoning and endangering a child back in August.
[.....]
Franke was certified by a judge to be prosecuted as an adult if he is indicted, and Kerr County Attorney Heather Stebbins plans to bring up misdemeanor charges against five other adults connected to the deaths, according the the Express-News.

Sorry all! I mis-read that last article! I will just take Isaac off my list since he has no charges pertaining to the 2 little girls.

Someone above was wondering where the other baby's dad was:

Austin Overgard was a high school friend of Amanda, and had little to do with his daughter after her birth. He is a convicted meth dealer currently being held in a rehab jail. Isaac Hawkins married Amanda Eddy in August 2015, before the birth of their daughter Brynn. He has since been arrested on drugs charges. The couple are now estranged.
Addyson&#8217;s father is Austin Overgard, who is currently in a prison rehab facility is a convicted meth dealer who is 21.

Brynn&#8217;s father Isaac Hawkins &#8211; to whom Amanda was married for a year and eight months before allegedly cheating on him with a 16-year-old &#8211; has been arrested on drug charges, with the 19 year old man now living in a trailer.

from: https://*************************/2...exas-mother-drugs-lifestyle-childrens-father/

I don't believe the charges against Isaac are related to the girls, Here's what the court docket has:

Charges: Hawkins, Isaac
1. INTERFER W/EMERGENCY CALL 42.062 Class A Misdemeanor 06/23/2017

1. OFF BOND/INTERFER W/EMERGENCY CALL 42.062 Class A Misdemeanor 06/24/2017

Hearings:
04/03/2018 Order Appointing Counsel (Judicial Officer: Harris, Susan )

04/11/2018 Notice of Intent
Defendant's Request for Notice of State's Intention to Use Evidence of Extraneous Offenses at Trial
04/11/2018 Notice Of Appearance& RFD

04/12/2018 Certificate of Written Discovery

05/01/2018Pre Trial (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Harris, Susan)

Have not found ANYTHING on Kevin Franke. Not in the court dockets.

Wednesday, April 18th:
*Motion Hearing (@ 1pm CT) - TX - Addyson Overgard-Eddy (2) & Brynn Hawkins (1) (June 9, 2017) (left in car overnight) - for Amanda Kristene Hawkins (19) "mom" arrested & Grand jury indicted on charges of 2 counts of child endangerment & abandonment ($70,000 bail) pled not guilty; hot car deaths. Amanda's trial was scheduled for 3/26/18, delayed to 5/21/18; motion hearing on 4/18.
*Kevin W. Franke (17) has been charged (2/5/18) with 2 counts of manslaughter, injury to a child & 2 counts of child abandonment. $310K bond.
No updates on Franke as of 4/17/18.

From the court docket:

04/18/2018 Motion Hearing (1:00 PM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)
04/18/2018 Motion
States Motion to Require Defendant to Submit to Psychiatric Evaluation by State's Expert

05/21/2018 Trial by Jury (8:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)

Second suspect pleads not guilty in Kerrville toddlers&#8217; deaths
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...t-pleads-not-guilty-in-Kerrville-12867770.php

A Kerrville teen pleaded not guilty Thursday to six felony charges recently filed against him over the deaths last June of two toddlers who overheated while left in a vehicle outside a house overnight, a tragedy for which the victims&#8217; mother also faces charges.
[.....]
Kevin Franke, now 17, was 16 when he spent part of the night in an SUV with Brynn Hawkins, 1, and Addyson Overgard-Eddy, 2, who were secured in their car seats from 9 p.m. on June 6 until noon the next day, police said. He&#8217;s accused of leaving the girls alone in the vehicle when he went back into the house about 8 a.m., failing to alert Hawkins they were outside and failing to promptly seek medical care when they were found.
[.....]
Franke was certified in February to stand trial as an adult.
[.....]
Hawkins is scheduled to stand trial May 21 in Kerr County on two counts of injury to a child and two counts of child endangerment/abandonment. She&#8217;s been jailed under $300,000 bond since June 7.
[.....]
.....indicted Franke on two counts of manslaughter, two counts of injury to a child and two counts of child endangerment/abandonment &#8212; all second degree felonies.

and of course, they don't give a date for his next hearing.... :gaah:

Well no wonder I couldn't find Franke in the court files, I guess I have to wait until he gets arraigned, eh? :)

04/26/2018 Arraignment (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)
04/26/2018 Scheduling OrderPT 06/28/2018 PT 08/02/2018 JT 08/27/2018
06/28/2018 Pre Trial (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)
08/02/2018 Pre Trial (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)
08/27/2018 Trial by Jury (8:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)

Oh, and nothing on the pysch eval that Hawkins was supposed to get. Just her trial date showing.

:judge:

Looks like they stuck in another hearing!

Judge hears Amanda Hawkins motion to suppress
http://kerrvillebreakingnews.com/breaking-news/judge-hears-amanda-hawkins-motion-for-suppression/

Amanda Hawkins sits in the Kerr County Jail at this time, awaiting a ruling by Judge Williams, regarding a motion to suppress filed by her court-appointed defense attorney, Kurt Rudkin.

The motion can be read in its entirety, here. It alleges, that the actions of law enforcement officers violated the constitutional and statutory rights of the Defendant under the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution, Article 1, Sections 10 and 19 of the Texas Constitution, and under Article 38.22 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure.
[......]
The hearing lasted almost 5 hours Tuesday, with testimony from three investigators who had talked to Hawkins on either June 8th or June 12th, 2017.
[.....]
Judge Williams had already watched the video of both interviews and had researched cases similar to this one before the hearing. He said that he wanted to go back and watch the video interviews again and do some more research before making his ruling and that he would give his ruling on this motion at a later date.

Meanwhile, they started working on a trial date for the case, which hasn&#8217;t been disclosed yet....

Well, I have a trial date of May 21st.... it's even at the court site:

05/15/2018 Motion Hearing (11:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)

05/21/2018 Trial by Jury (8:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)

Guess they don't have access to this court site, like I do on some! :giggle:

Since we will be down on Monday....

Monday, May 21st:
*Trial set to begin (@ 8am CT) - TX - Addyson Overgard-Eddy (2) & Brynn Hawkins (1) (June 9, 2017) (left in car overnight) - for Amanda Kristene Hawkins (19) "mom" arrested & Grand jury indicted (8/30/17) on charges of 2 counts of child endangerment & abandonment & 2 counts of reckless injury to a child. ($300K bail) plead not guilty; hot car deaths. Amanda's trial was schedule for 3/26/18, delayed to today, 5/21/18.
Had a Motion to Suppress hearing on 5/15/18, with no decision by Judge yet.
*Kevin William Franke (17) has been charged (2/5/18) with 2 counts of manslaughter, injury to a child & 2 counts of child abandonment; plead not guilty. $300K bond. Pretrial hearings 6/26 & 8/2, trial set for 8/27/18.

I have no twitter people who post on this case. If anyone finds one or two - I can copy/paste/save for this case from Monday to Wed. the 23rd when we are down. And can post what happened on those days for you all on the 24th!

:eek:nline:

Unbelievable - I could get into the court site two days ago and now.... :pcguru:

:gaah:

Anyone know IF the trial started or was delayed became of the Motion to Suppress hearing??

TIA! :wave:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600
Back