Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found possible HUGE clue......

Texas police have a missing persons site.....it appears to be relatively updated as I see several entries AFTER Alans disappearance.

*** Alan White is NOT listed! I wonder if this could mean the police know his location and that's also the reason why no searches for him.

mpIndex

My opinion only.

Texas police have a missing persons site.....it appears to be relatively updated as I see several entries AFTER Alans disappearance.

*** Alan White is NOT listed! I wonder if this could mean the police know his location and that's also the reason why no searches for him.

mpIndex

My opinion only.

Hmmmmm. I just searched Namus & he’s not in there either. Was he ever in Namus? I can’t remember.

Just bringing anonypotomous's January post forward. If anyone, like me, was looking at a documents link recently posted, it may answer a question for you, like it did for me.
So per public record, a family member had POA established a long time ago. What significance does this have to you?

ETA: I'm basing "a long time ago" off the instrument date but I realized I don't know enough to know what the instrument date is...

So per public record, a family member had POA established a long time ago. What significance does this have to you?

ETA: I'm basing "a long time ago" off the instrument date but I realized I don't know enough to know what the instrument date is...

When I click on the actual document recorded in February, it shows POA was granted to Alan's spouse from a family member. I was just curious who the "grantor" was as I wasn't familiar with the name. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the document doesn't list the family member as POA. May have been originally, but not in the Feb. document.

When I click on the actual document recorded in February, it shows POA was granted to Alan's spouse from a family member. I was just curious who the "grantor" was as I wasn't familiar with the name. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the document doesn't list the family member as POA. May have been originally, but not in the Feb. document.
Yes, you’re right that the actual document has the spouse as the one having POA, but the description of the recorded document shows the family member having POA since 2007? I’m confused!

Yes, you’re right that the actual document has the spouse as the one having POA, but the description of the recorded document shows the family member having POA since 2007? I’m confused!

Yeah, we need an attorney here. I'm wondering if a POA can be legally challenged or transferred ? A brief search seems to say yes, but IANAL.

You can see the date in the link i shared upthread. It was 2007 i believe.

mpIndex
Hmmmmm. I just searched Namus & he’s not in there either. Was he ever in Namus? I can’t remember.

My opinion only.
He is in namus. Check here:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) | #MP74928

James Alan White
View attachment 273620

Date of Last Contact: October 22, 2020
Missing From: Dallas, Texas
Missing Age: 55 Years
Current Age: 55 Years
First Name: James
Middle Name: Alan
Last Name: White
Nickname/Alias: Alan
Sex: Male
Height: 5' 11" (71 Inches)
Weight: 160 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances of Disappearance
First name is James, but usually goes by Alan. Was last talked to before leaving to the gym on his usual routine around 4:20 AM. Confirmed that he went to LA fitness located at Haskell ave and clocked in at 5AM but was not heard from after that. Phone was at first ringing with no one picking up to finally going straight to voice mail after a couple hours.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Gray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description: Short and clean cut
Facial Hair Description: No facial hair
Eye Color: Blue

Transportation
2020 Porsche
Style: Luxury
Color: Black
State: Texas
License Plate: 8F4972
Comments: Rented black Porsche Macan with license plate number 8F4972

Investigating Agencies
CASE OWNER
Dallas Police Department
(214) 671-4268
Agency Case Number: 188623-2020
Latoya Carrington, Detective

I've said it before and I still believe it is the case here, especially given the POA that has existed for years. There is (was?) an extensive legal process that would be set up to protect couples who were not be married. These documents were designed to give the same legal rights and protections to an unmarried partner that the law would have automatically given to a married spouse. My opinion is that this POA was part of a partner protection package from the past, recommended to many couple who were not married.

Believe me, the POA documents would have been thoroughly examined before sale went through. I was part of a more conventional transaction (elderly relative now with dementia who had executed a POA years ago as her health declined physically) where the house had to be sold to satisfy long term health care debt. You didn't just say "look, I have a POA and I want to sell this property" without going through an extensive verification the POA papers were legitimate.

I wonder if Rusty has a POA.
I wonder if they had POAs prior to 2007? If so, did they name each other? I wonder if something happened to Alan and Rusty in 2007 to make them create POAs, naming family members instead of each other. Maybe something happened and they were concerned about each other’s safety?
Just throwing out some questions/thoughts.

ETA @Valiant I think your right about the 2007 POA having to do with partner protection.

I don’t think Alan’s POA family member would give Rusty POA, if they thought he was involved in this. MOO

Last edited:
I'm not sure where the idea any other family member is involved in the POA process came from.
The files POA document clearly states Alan appointed Rusty as his POA.

I don't know, but my bet is they had mutual POAs prepared at the same time.

I'm not sure where the idea any other family member is involved in the POA process came from.
The files POA document clearly states Alan appointed Rusty as his POA.

I don't know, but my bet is they had mutual POAs prepared at the same time.
The family member is listed as the grantee in the county clerk’s records.

Loading Results...

Last edited:
The summary shown there is misleading. Open the document and you will see Rusty is the designated POA. The other names are alternate (backup) appointees.
I know—I saw that, and that’s what I’m confused about. So you’re saying the reason the family member is shown as the grantee on the summary is because she’s a backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair