GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK...I think he decided to abduct Alanna because he knew it would be hours before anyone looked for her. He probably saw her friend's family drive away, and knew this was his opportunity. But say, for example, one of Alanna's friends was waiting outside for her parent(s) to drive somewhere, would he have abducted her knowing that it would be a very short amount of time before 911 is called? And someone comes knocking on the door? Abducting a neighbor kid is very risky as there's a good chance LE is going to go door-to-door very soon after they get the 911 call. Did he just get lucky that it was hours before 911 was called or did he know he had that much time?

I think he probably knew. It seems she played outside on most days. Especially, with it being summer. Most kids are out all day. I wouldn't be surprised if he watched and knew pretty well the lengths of time she played outdoors.

When was TH first at the police station being questioned? I can't find the arrest warrant right now. TIA

TH may have used her gun on the police officer. Not sure if letting her son access the gun is illegal though.

If he took it w/o permission I doubt she'd be held liable. Anyone that knows about Texas gun laws have any idea about weapons in the home with minors?

Just a mystery that soon will be solved. Will have to wait for more info to become available.

Curious where they went to on vacation, if it was planned in advance or took off sick days from work or a "family emergency."

No one has posted or reported in the news not yet.
Waiting for the other shoe to drop next.
Picking up a Norma Bates vibe..."a boy's best friend is his mother."

Everytime I think of his mother, I think how lucky she is to be alive .. I'm honestly surprised he didn't harm her before he was arrested.:twocents:

I also wonder how clean that Kia was by the time the SW was executed? There sure wasn't much taken.

Anyone following other high profile cases know if the mom lawyered up quickly?
Did Scott Peterson's mom lawyer up? Casey Anthony's did but not immediately.

IMO smart people lawyer up, regardless. Lawyers can oftentimes get information you can't, run interference, guarantee your rights...etc.

yes, I understand that and so do people that have something to hide.
Just not sure it's necessary for the mom to lawyer up, to hire one for him yes, understandable.

Man, I'll tell you what…*if, heaven forbid, one of my children EVER got into trouble anything like this, and they were minors living in my home at the time, you can bet your sweet patootie, I'd get an attorney so fast it would make your head spin. Ditto for if any of my children ever went missing… and I darn sure wouldn't be giving anyone anything without a warrant: DNA, home searches, or otherwise. I've been falsely arrested, and while I value and honor LE for everything they do, my own interests come first, and I know they are also just humans, and they can and do make mistakes.

Oh I would lawyer up, but I would get my story out there just to stop the guessing.

It is interesting to me that sex offenders usually have other charges that have been filed against them in the past. It seems like burglary is a common one.

Mom had a gun to protect her from monsters. Interesting where a real monster was.

From what I have read about serial sex offenders/murderers, taking small personal items in theft or burglary is a common beginning to their life of crime, in addition to voyeurism, stalking, and other "lesser" offenses.

We know what time Alanna was found and, presumably, LE knows what time TH's mother left work. I don't think there's a huge window in which she can be included/excluded as the accomplice.

Also, we know there is video of the entrance/exit areas of the surrounding streets, so if TH's mother got home from work, left again, and returned quickly, then it seems like LE would have a likely scenario.

Texashello - could you find out from your friend what time his/her garbage was picked up that day? We heard from someone one or two streets over that her garbage was late being picked up that day (this was way way back, before the arrest, I'll try to find it) I'm trying to support or refute the possibility that the bundle was left where it was in hopes that the garbage truck would pick it up. I want to know if the tarp was left before or after the garbage pickup, if at all possible.

I was the one who had stated that trash had been picked up very late that day. We live in AG's neighborhood though so I'm not sure if the trash had run where she was found :/

Man, I'll tell you what…*if, heaven forbid, one of my children EVER got into trouble anything like this, and they were minors living in my home at the time, you can bet your sweet patootie, I'd get an attorney so fast it would make your head spin. Ditto for if any of my children ever went missing… and I darn sure wouldn't be giving anyone anything without a warrant: DNA, home searches, or otherwise. I've been falsely arrested, and while I value and honor LE for everything they do, my own interests come first, and I know they are also just humans, and they can and do make mistakes.

Understandable. I heard on Nancy Grace show that Mark Klauss advised parents not to lawyer up or hide behind their lawyers.
Perhaps, he meant if you do get one still cooperate with LE> I wish I knew what he meant exactly.

I'm curious to know why so many posters think there was an accomplice.

Here is my line of reasoning based upon the facts as we know them:

1) PROBABLE crime of opportunity, as Alanna was said to be outdoors and nearby TH's house for some time on July 1.

2) Child weighed probably 30-35 lbs. Suspect is a grown man, not small.

3) All of the bindings turned Alanna's body into a package which could have been carried by any of us for a mile or so.

4) Likewise, it was trash pick up day. TH could have used a small cart or wheelbarrow, or even emptied out his household's or someone else's wheeled large garbage container, placed the body in moveable device, and dumped her wherever no one was looking. Many people do not fill every large wheeled bin every week. I know we don't.

5) There are many elements of disorganization to the crime, which again, point to a lone killer and lone person disposing of a very small body wrapped up. He's a poly- substance abuser which is the main reason for the disorganization. There are also many elements of rage to the murder. I would not be surprised if he urinated or defecated on the corpse. Reading about BTK and the Otero daughter opened my eyes about sexual deviancy during the commission of a crime. If anyone hasn't read the specifics of the Otero home, please stop and read it now. Then apply all this " liquid on body" to TH's actions.
Also, probable lack of previous experience with murder and disposal of a corpse.

I think it's time to stop reacting to shadows and remember how small Alanna's body was compared to TH's. He didn't NEED an accomplice, IMO.

Occam's Razor. He took what was at hand and made do during the commission of the crime and afterwards.

Lastly, it goes without saying, but this man is a monster. A big part of me hopes he develops overwhelming sepsis and dies without extubation. I don't want him to have a life of any meager means, not one more day of sunshine or fresh air.

Maria

Anyone following other high profile cases know if the mom lawyered up quickly?
Did Scott Peterson's mom lawyer up? Casey Anthony's did but not immediately.

She probably had a record and knew that wouldn't look good, even if she wasn't involved. I think everyone knows the seriousness of being convicted in Texas. Especially if she's been in the system before.

I'm curious to know why so many posters think there was an accomplice.

Here is my line of reasoning based upon the facts as we know them:

1) PROBABLE crime of opportunity, as Alanna was said to be outdoors and nearby TH's house for some time on July 1.

2) Child weighed probably 30-35 lbs. Suspect is a grown man, not small.

3) All of the bindings turned Alanna's body into a package which could have been carried by any of us for a mile or so.

4) Likewise, it was trash pick up day. TH could have used a small cart or wheelbarrow, or even emptied out his household's or someone else's wheeled large garbage container, placed the body in moveable device, and dumped her wherever no one was looking. Many people do not fill every large wheeled bin every week. I know we don't.

5) There are many elements of disorganization to the crime, which again, point to a lone killer and lone person disposing of a very small body wrapped up. He's a poly- substance abuser which is the main reason for the disorganization. There are also many elements of rage to the murder. I would not be surprised if he urinated or defecated on the corpse. Reading about BTK and the Otero daughter opened my eyes about sexual deviancy during the commission of a crime. If anyone hasn't read the specifics of the Otero home, please stop and read it now. Then apply all this " liquid on body" to TH's actions.
Also, probable lack of previous experience with murder and disposal of a corpse.

I think it's time to stop reacting to shadows and remember how small Alanna's body was compared to TH's. He didn't NEED an accomplice, IMO.

Occam's Razor. He took what was at hand and made do during the commission of the crime and afterwards.

Lastly, it goes without saying, but this man is a monster. A big part of me hopes he develops overwhelming sepsis and dies without extubation. I don't want him to have a life of any meager means, not one more day of sunshine or fresh air.

Maria

BBM

I just find that highly unlikely. Someone would have remembered that I think.

I wonder if he had stolen keys to other neighbors vehicles. Perhaps a neighbor on vacation? He could have simply disposed of that key somewhere after.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member