TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #2

Sunday is the 10-year anniversary. Still think that BSL may have had something to do with Ali's disappearance. From the local newspaper:
10 years later, family still searching for Spring girl

Brandon Scott Lavergne was ruled out awhile back. He had an alibi.

Nothing's changed my view that Ali met someone she knew that day. For some reason, that person had to get rid of her.
I've spoken to a couple of Ali's friends (one of whom was never questioned by police) and both of them acknowledged there was an older guy on the scene.
Amber Cammack (the infamous PI) was actually going to call me to discuss the information I had but she backed out.

Family of girl missing since 2010 finds hope in new investigators

The story of mystery and misery has followed one family for the past 10 years, but they remain hopeful their missing loved one will soon return.

Her mother Joann said after a decade of searching, newly assigned investigators have hope the now 26-year-old is out there somewhere.

https://alexandrialowitzer.com/
rs=h:1000px,cg:true,m

rs=w:1023px,cg:true,m

rs=w:1023px,cg:true,m

I'm not trying to be trite about this at all, but I was a teenage girl once, and I would absolutely NOT have run away just weeks before I was getting my braces off. My teenage sons (who have all had braces) agree, and they're not even girls. If she was planning on running away, she would have planned it for the day after she left the ortho's office. MOO.

I'm not trying to be trite about this at all, but I was a teenage girl once, and I would absolutely NOT have run away just weeks before I was getting my braces off. My teenage sons (who have all had braces) agree, and they're not even girls. If she was planning on running away, she would have planned it for the day after she left the ortho's office. MOO.

I don't think there are many people who believe that Ali left voluntarily. My belief remains that Ali was meeting an older guy she was involved with. I've spoken to two of Ali's old school friends and they have independently corroborated there was an older guy on the scene. However, one of them said she was dating a boy at the same time. I think going to the Burger Barn was an excuse to slip off and meet this older guy. If they were intimately involved, that would be one motive for wanting her out of the way. She was still a minor, after all. And if news of their relationship came out, he'd have a lot to lose.

Well the phone not pinging after the 2:57 text is interesting, because it implies that someone shut it off. So in your scenario, Ali would have been the one to do that, presumably so her mom could not find her - did she have an iPhone and was find my iphone a thing in 2010? No idea. OR: someone abducted her in a crime of opportunity, and grabbed her phone and shut it off. It seems to me that in scenario #1, police would have a lot more to go on - surely they would have investigated this older guy, and searched his phone? At least, that's what SHOULD have happened... we all know these missing girls investigations only get attention if someone on LE believes they are endangered and not just a runaway.

Well the phone not pinging after the 2:57 text is interesting, because it implies that someone shut it off. So in your scenario, Ali would have been the one to do that, presumably so her mom could not find her - did she have an iPhone and was find my iphone a thing in 2010? No idea. OR: someone abducted her in a crime of opportunity, and grabbed her phone and shut it off. It seems to me that in scenario #1, police would have a lot more to go on - surely they would have investigated this older guy, and searched his phone? At least, that's what SHOULD have happened... we all know these missing girls investigations only get attention if someone on LE believes they are endangered and not just a runaway.

I don't know how much stock we can put in Amber Cammack's investigation, but I remember on one of the livestreams she said that Ali had used a friend's cellphone at school to contact a guy. When they traced the number, the phone belonged to someone in Law Enforcement. I've never seen any follow-up on this lead. Last time I heard Jo Ann Lowitzer, she gave the impression they were back to square one.

• Alexandria Joy Lowitzer – The Charley Project
  • The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

• Missing Since04/26/2010
  • Missing FromSpring, Texas
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth02/03/1994 (27)
  • Age16 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2, 145 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA white t-shirt or spaghetti-strap top, a gray hooded zip-up sweatshirt, black and white checkered skinny jeans and black sneakers. Carrying a blue LG/AT&T slide cellular phone and a multicolored checkered backpack with a dark-colored strap. A photo of the backpack is posted with this case summary.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Alexandria's hair was dyed dark red at the time of her disappearance. Her nicknames are Ali, Alex and AJ. Her ears and nose are pierced and she has pink braces on her upper and lower teeth. She has a faint chicken pox scar between her eyes.

The Disappeared episode about Ali Lowitzer seemed sad because it made it seem like Amber Cammack took advantage of her parents. I am biased because I do not believe in human trafficking. I think the very word is dehumanizing to people who are kidnapped, people falsely imprisoned by criminals, and people who get involved with trading drugs, sex, or undocumented labor in places where they’re illegal.

Cammack hears about a person working as a prostitute 1000 miles away who matches Ali’s description. Then she gets to know the underworld there. She sees someone who she believes could be Ali, but she can’t act because she’s in the presence of criminals. Why couldn’t she say she knows of some guy who would pay good money for her time. Instead she works with the police who initiate an armed raid with shots fired. I almost felt like Cammack and the local police were playing cops and robber, pretending like they were organized crime bosses and “rescuing” eight women who had been imprisoned there. I know it was a different city, but they way they raided these people illegally trading drugs and sex is a stark juxtaposition with how the police handled parents who’s adolescent daughter disappeared. I wonder if the police would have acted if the parents’ report had included some low-lifes to roust.

Cammack’s explanation for why Ali wasn’t there was the crime gangs got word of the police raid in advance and shifted the prostitutes around. I guess according to this theory, these were crooks and prostitutes they didn’t mind seeing arrested, but they wanted to keep Ali. It makes no sense.

I suspect Ali was kidnapped and probably murdered on her way from the bus to work. If she were going to go into hiding, she would have taken more possessions and picked up her paycheck. It’s really rare to meat a random kidnapper, but maybe she was the very unlucky rare case.

The thing that surprises me as the kidnapper must have quickly gotten control of Ali and turned off her phone. Has Ali ever turned off her phone before? I wondered when her mom said she realized their phone plan allowed them to track Ali. Was that the first time her mom had used that feature? I wonder if she turned it off because she was voluntarily going off with a boyfriend she didn’t know that well, who turned out to be a murderer.

I hope there are new investigators working on the case. I wouldn't trust Amber Cammack to find her @ss with both hands.
I know Amber & knowing what I know about her, I wouldn't trust her either. She's a con artist! I'm sure she does care about JoAnn, but I'm also sure she cares more about the attention she gets from this case. JoAnn needs a REAL P.I., which Amber isn't.

The Disappeared episode about Ali Lowitzer seemed sad because it made it seem like Amber Cammack took advantage of her parents.

Amber absolutely DID take advantage of Ali's family & it's not the first time she's done that. There's nothing she won't do or say for attention & to get herself on TV. She lied* about girls being sex trafficked at least 2 other times that I'm aware of. I've wished for years that Jo Ann knew the real Amber & that she's wasting her precious time using her.
*See my comment from 2018 about another case, in a different thread, she was involved in. I think it's against the rules to discuss it in this thread.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back