Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

I’ve been following this case but haven’t seen where her dad searched his home for her before he left for the restaurant about 4 am. Wouldn’t that be the first thing a parent would do before leaving to go search elsewhere?

I also wonder about the cook’s account of that night. Someone else here also asked what he was doing in the back to be able to describe the car as well as he did. Is he considered part of “the team?” If so, did he leave a bit later through the front door with the others (or shortly after the others)?

Was the cashier location at the back of the restaurant, where the cook could see anyone who was at that station? Where was the cook located in relation to the back door?

Did she bring a coat that day and leave it at the restaurant?

I’ve been following this case but haven’t seen where her dad searched his home for her before he left for the restaurant about 4 am. Wouldn’t that be the first thing a parent would do before leaving to go search elsewhere?

I also wonder about the cook’s account of that night. Someone else here also asked what he was doing in the back to be able to describe the car as well as he did. Is he considered part of “the team?” If so, did he leave a bit later through the front door with the others (or shortly after the others)?

Was the cashier location at the back of the restaurant, where the cook could see anyone who was at that station? Where was the cook located in relation to the back door?

IMO the 4 AM portion of the story was strange. In the interview, DC said he was getting tired, then interviewer said "You went to bed", and DC continued from there. Said he woke at 4AM and checked social media like usual and realized his texts hadn't been read. I also wondered about the sequence of the events leading up to DC driving to the restaurant. Did he usually wake up at 4? Did he look around the house? He said she could've walked home as it's just a half mile away. There are crucial details I wish DC would've included/clarified in the interview - considering he gave an interview at all, which was helpful & took a lot of courage. I wished at times the woman interviewing DC would follow-up to get more info out. He wants to get the story out and help his daughter. We need as much information as possible. 51 billboards, an in-depth interview on a small program, but no CCTV footage?

Maybe the cook was in the back of the restaurant smoking or something when she left? I’ve worked in restaurants and the back of a restaurant is where any smokers would go on breaks.

From her father's interview, he doesn't say that she vanished from her work station during the evening. The restaurant was closed and everyone was leaving for the night. It was 11:30PM. She told her father that she had a ride. The only difference is that she usually got a ride from the manager or a co-worker and they all left together out the front door. That evening, she left out the back door to get a ride.

BBM I don't think this has been proven to be a fact has it?

If it has please share the link.

I think we've been told that Alexis texted her dad that she had a ride. And we've been told that the cook said he thought she went out the back and thought there was a fancy black car there. But he didn't see her get in. And she didn't take her belongings out with her. So I'm still open to the idea that she was planning to ride home leaving out the front with someone and only went out back for a quick hello /goodbye.

MOO

Or the back door was propped open to let out smells, put trash out at the end of the night. The cook may have been tidying up and seen her to out but didn't stand about watching until she reached the car.
he might have been in a hurry to finish up for the night.

BBM I don't think this has been proven to be a fact has it?

If it has please share the link.

I think we've been told that Alexis texted her dad that she had a ride. And we've been told that the cook said he thought she went out the back and thought there was a fancy black car there. But he didn't see her get in. And she didn't take her belongings out with her. So I'm still open to the idea that she was planning to ride home leaving out the front with someone and only went out back for a quick hello /goodbye.

MOO
This is what I’m leaning toward. That she was just popping out the back for a quick visit with someone and was planning to come back in, finish closing up and leave out the front. But did she have a ride home set up with someone else or not? This would be super important to know. That person would obviously be wondering where the heck she was then. The cook could have said, “Oh she already got picked up by someone.” And they just thought she changed her plans.

I’m thinking she obviously wasn’t planning on actually getting a ride home from the person out back or she wouldn’t have left her stuff. And if she was just planning on leaving with them for a while and left her phone there to fool dad w/gps (teens do this all the time), I think she would have hidden it outside somewhere so she could get it when she came back for it—not locked up inside the restaurant.

So to me there are two main possibilities really 1) She was only planning to pop out back for a short time and come back in to leave as usual but something bad happened or 2) she ran away and left her things on purpose.

Re: seeing her contacts

if they have iPhones and dad has Screen Time enabled, there is an option for the family organizer (parent) to manage contacts on the child’s phone. My kids all started with old, deactivated phones and I had all the parental controls enabled. As they got older I don’t check up on them as often but I forgot about having that access. I just checked and it’s still active on my teens phones, so I can see their contacts, control times when their phones shut off and enable a few contacts that are always available. For example, one child’s phone isn’t active from 10pm-6am so that they aren’t playing games or texting friends all night. I have it set that they can always call or text me, their dad, and a few other adults in case of emergency.

A few random thoughts

Do employees need to clock out at the end of their shift? It’s been years since I worked at a place like this, but the manager could always see who was clocked in and had to verify everyone clocked out at the end of the day. No one questioned why Alexis seemingly disappeared without saying “hey guys, my ride is here”, clocking out and leaving? Did the manager say hey, when did Alexis leave? And wouldn’t the mgr possibly call her and hear her phone ring?

No one noticed her phone, ID, keys when they left?

Did she just walk away from her closing responsibilities? I think she would’ve said something to someone. Hey my friend is outside, I’m going to go say hi or I’ll be right back or something.

I feel like we don’t know everything about the last 30 minutes of the night before everyone left the restaurant. Moo

Sorry if I missed this, but had she clocked out?
Has not been stated- Dad said she left out the back door at the end of her shift. He has not posted since 2/14 on FB. Up till then he was posting the same information every few hours. I hope his silence is because LE have some idea what is going on and have instructed him to keep silent.

Has not been stated- Dad said she left out the back door at the end of her shift. He has not posted since 2/14 on FB. Up till then he was posting the same information every few hours. I hope his silence is because LE have some idea what is going on and have instructed him to keep silent.
many people in texas are without power; major storm

amateur opinon and speculation

MISSING CHILD ALERT Alexis Cavazos #DALLAS, TX

Alexis, 16, was last seen leaving her job at BoomerJacks Grill on Samuell Boulevard on Feb 7, 2021 She may have gotten into an unknown vehicle. She may be with an unknown male. She goes by the nickname “Lexi.” @DallasPD https://t.co/2J0dU1KVC8

When I click the link it says "this tweet is unavailable". I searched the @DallasPD twitter account and see no mention of Alexis. I don't actually have a twitter account so wondering if it's just me? If it was removed I wonder why.

When I click the link it says "this tweet is unavailable". I searched the @DallasPD twitter account and see no mention of Alexis. I don't actually have a twitter account so wondering if it's just me? If it was removed I wonder why.
I have a Twitter and just read through all of their tweets since 2/5/21. No mention of her case.

did they previously have any posts about her?

Been very quiet the last couple days. Could be due to the storm and problems down in TX but it's also possible they've gotten additional information we don't know about.

I have lots of questions which I know no one here can answer but maybe people have some speculation...

It should be easy to determine if she was actually planning to get a ride with a coworker. If she didn't ask any of them then she was lying to her dad and most likely getting a ride/leaving with someone he didn't know about or didn't approve of.

If she did ask a coworker for a ride, what happened? Did she say she didn't need one at the last minute? Did the person assume she'd gotten a different ride home? Did someone say oh she went out the back and met someone? This information would answer a lot of questions.

Either way I could understand leaving your phone if you wanted to run away but leaving her wallet also makes me inclined to believe she was planning to come back in the restaurant. Your wallet can't be traced and she would probably want access to any money she had. The sunglasses increases my suspicion she was meeting someone who she was not supposed to be meeting (maybe an older boyfriend or someone she met online).

Been very quiet the last couple days. Could be due to the storm and problems down in TX but it's also possible they've gotten additional information we don't know about.

I have lots of questions which I know no one here can answer but maybe people have some speculation...

It should be easy to determine if she was actually planning to get a ride with a coworker. If she didn't ask any of them then she was lying to her dad and most likely getting a ride/leaving with someone he didn't know about or didn't approve of.

If she did ask a coworker for a ride, what happened? Did she say she didn't need one at the last minute? Did the person assume she'd gotten a different ride home? Did someone say oh she went out the back and met someone? This information would answer a lot of questions.

Either way I could understand leaving your phone if you wanted to run away but leaving her wallet also makes me inclined to believe she was planning to come back in the restaurant. Your wallet can't be traced and she would probably want access to any money she had. The sunglasses increases my suspicion she was meeting someone who she was not supposed to be meeting (maybe an older boyfriend or someone she met online).

We don’t know if anything (like her ID) was missing from her wallet.

Perhaps previous rides home from work were not from coworkers. If the father would go to bed before she got home - how would he know exactly when she got home or who brought her home?

JMO

We don’t know if anything (like her ID) was missing from her wallet. Perhaps previous rides home from work were not from coworkers. If the father would go to bed before she got home - how would he know exactly when she got home or who brought her home?

JMO

I could be mistaken but didn't he say he trusted her to reset the home security alarm when she got home? If that's the case, he probably monitored it like a lot of homeowners do the security cams and knows that she comes straight home after work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back