Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

We don’t know if anything (like her ID) was missing from her wallet.

Perhaps previous rides home from work were not from coworkers. If the father would go to bed before she got home - how would he know exactly when she got home or who brought her home?

JMO

Her father was under the impression the rides were from her boss or from a coworker. You're right, it's possible the rides were not always from a coworker but in that case it means she is hiding whoever it is from her dad. Which would be meaningful.

Her father was under the impression the rides were from her boss or from a coworker. You're right, it's possible the rides were not always from a coworker but in that case it means she is hiding whoever it is from her dad. Which would be meaningful.

At what point do you start trusting a teenager? And pray that they don’t become a statistic in the police computers. This has to be a parent’s worst nightmare.

Not sure if this was mentioned or if it has anything to do with anything but during the interview, Dad said TWICE, "She isn't perfect" or something like that. Why say that twice? Has she pulled stuff before? IMO

I believe were allowed to mention / reference content on the victim's social media sites, FB specifically?

I noticed that the AC image on the missing billboard and other missing posters is quite different than the updated profile pictures AC posted on her FB account in December and January. I debated and even hesitated mentioning this, not wanting to judge or take away from the seriousness of the situation or diminish the fact we all want AC found safe, but the updated profile pictures definitely feel like she was wanting to change her image or perhaps impress someone. I'm not a parent, so maybe most teen girls go through this phase of wanting to look and feel a bit more grown up, but the timing just seems a bit coincidental with her disappearance.

Does anyone else find the interview and circumstances around it a bit strange? When the father was asked what his worst fear is, he said that she could be trafficked. He held back tears a couple times. He was clearly worried. He also said added he was disappointed that he didn't hear from a detective for two days. The fact that there are 51 billboards in the area but nothing from the police, a deleted tweet, no footage, any articles? Something just seems off. Not sure if it's the interview, info the dad provided, statements he made, billboards but no CCTV, nothing from LE. I don't know. Maybe I expect too much. There are cameras everywhere. No time to spare.All we have is an account of someone's account. Need an image of the car. Why has LE/media been quiet despite 51 billboards up in the area? Perhaps it is all because of the storms+pandemic. JMO.

Regardless of reasoning her disappearance, she is underage. Only priority should be to find her. To wonder or assume she is a runaway, would take time and resources and initiative away from tracking her whereabouts IMOO. If LE is worried that she would be harmed if word got out they were searching for her, that IMOO is a moot point with social media being what it is today. I do believe if it was their sixteen year old missing, they would leave no stone unturned, using all video footage immediately and finding the make/model/owner/plate of the vehicle. Is FBI involved?

In 2020 we saw a number of teenagers and young adults (female) disappear only later we would find out they just escaped, in their mind, a certain situation.

(I am not saying something is very wrong in that household, just that young people sometimes have a strong urge to just change their life.)

I am seeing the makings of such a scenario again.

I thought it was odd that Dad said he checked his phone when he woke up at 4 and didn’t mention checking her room. I’m sure he tore the house apart looking for her, but I thought it was a strange detail to leave out.

MOO

We don’t know if anything (like her ID) was missing from her wallet.

Perhaps previous rides home from work were not from coworkers. If the father would go to bed before she got home - how would he know exactly when she got home or who brought her home?

JMO
Where as her credit card and her allowance card were found next to the cash register along with her phone, I doubt she had a wallet.

BBM I don't think this has been proven to be a fact has it?

If it has please share the link.

I think we've been told that Alexis texted her dad that she had a ride. And we've been told that the cook said he thought she went out the back and thought there was a fancy black car there. But he didn't see her get in. And she didn't take her belongings out with her. So I'm still open to the idea that she was planning to ride home leaving out the front with someone and only went out back for a quick hello /goodbye.

MOO
a fancy black car

If she got into a fancy black car that could be a customer that she met at work. Checking the cash receipt registers for that day and week with customer names and the type of car that they own might pull up a fancy black car owner.
Check credit card receipts for a customer that would have been at the restaurant more than once within the week.

I believe were allowed to mention / reference content on the victim's social media sites, FB specifically?

I noticed that the AC image on the missing billboard and other missing posters is quite different than the updated profile pictures AC posted on her FB account in December and January. I debated and even hesitated mentioning this, not wanting to judge or take away from the seriousness of the situation or diminish the fact we all want AC found safe, but the updated profile pictures definitely feel like she was wanting to change her image or perhaps impress someone. I'm not a parent, so maybe most teen girls go through this phase of wanting to look and feel a bit more grown up, but the timing just seems a bit coincidental with her disappearance.

Thank you for mentioning. I hadn't seen her fb page previously. Wow, she really did/does look much different. I hope she's OK wherever she is.

I feel for the dad, he seems really desperate. I think he feels the police are treating it as a runaway. I get that impression too.
She could have easily got in the car for a quick talk and he does off with her.
Nobody knows why she got in the car, or even if she definitely did.
There has GOT to be cctv somewhere.

Whether she got in the car willing does not make a difference to me. She could still be in danger from whoever was driving.
Why having the LE asked publicly about who the car could belong too.

All the info is from the dad. I think he is thinking LE are not taking this serious.

Didn't her father mention that the police were settling on voluntary missing early on after seeing social media rumors? Has anyone else seen screenshots of her purportedly taken after she disappeared? One was timestamped. Perhaps some clues could be picked up from those pictures. I'm hoping the police are working their leads and are only quiet because they don't need public help at this time. There was also a reward offered at some point. The situation is probably developing behind the scenes.

I thought it was odd that Dad said he checked his phone when he woke up at 4 and didn’t mention checking her room. I’m sure he tore the house apart looking for her, but I thought it was a strange detail to leave out.

I don’t think he left out a thing. All he’d have to do is pick up his phone and check his cameras and security system to see that no one came in a door during the night. He’d know immediately she didn’t make it home.

This is very common in missing person cases. Family will give LE their favorite picture of the missing person. And that picture usually doesn't reflect what that person looked like recently or on a daily basis. IMO, LE needs to start vetting the pictures better.

I think her dad has been honest. He is saying he knows she's not perfect, maybe he thinks she could have gone willingly with someone. I would still be worried and want her found. She could be in a dangerous situation, she could have been groomed, she could be with a rapist or a trafficker.
She could have thought she was safe with someone, but things can change fast.

This is very common in missing person cases. Family will give LE their favorite picture of the missing person. And that picture usually doesn't reflect what that person looked like recently or on a daily basis. IMO, LE needs to start vetting the pictures better.

I think it's the other way around on this one. The pictures given by presumably her dad are probably more realistic than the filtered angled pouty lipped teen poses she has on her FB.

I think her dad has been honest. He is saying he knows she's not perfect, maybe he thinks she could have gone willingly with someone. I would still be worried and want her found. She could be in a dangerous situation, she could have been groomed, she could be with a rapist or a trafficker.
She could have thought she was safe with someone, but things can change fast.
I totally agree. A sixteen year old girl could make a very dangerous mistake in judgement, falling prey to flattery and a smooth talker. Don't we all have a teen memory moment - what the heck was I thinking when I did that?

Someone mentioned checking receipts at the restaurant for names that show up more than others. LE could run the names through DMV to see what vehicles pop up. It's worth a try, also her phone and social media accounts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back