Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

Then LE should have a make and model and a license plate of the car too. Therefore, also the name of the registered owner and an address.

So, are LE being slow or just not releasing any updates? Because her Dad hasn't seemed to update the public much either.
Has the car been found? Was it at the registered address? Was it abandoned? Was the owner questioned?
The car may not have a registered address. It could have stolen plates or be registered to a fake name and a vacant field. It could be a rental car obtained with false information. MOO

The car may not have a registered address. It could have stolen plates or be registered to a fake name and a vacant field. It could be a rental car obtained with false information. MOO

Exactly, and this is what the basis of the investigation should be. Who and why. We really do need some LE or family updates now to draw a line under what has been investigated already, what is a dead end and a red herring. The longer the silence lasts, the more people will lose interest. Cases like this always need some forward movement, however small.

Exactly, and this is what the basis of the investigation should be. Who and why. We really do need some LE or family updates now to draw a line under what has been investigated already, what is a dead end and a red herring. The longer the silence lasts, the more people will lose interest. Cases like this always need some forward movement, however small.
1000% agree

Sure, but she is a child . So if this is a love interest I would suggest he bring her home .
Moo
At 16 you can do just about anything with a parent's consent, quit school, get married. Perhaps her mom consented to something her dad knows nothing about.
Can LE even force a 16 year old to return home in TX? In some states LE can't.
MOO

That's interesting, Lexi's Facebook account has been changed to 'private' since yesterday. So now no-one can see any previous posts or anything about her that may have helped the investigation.
I wonder who has her Facebook password apart from her? Maybe her father?
Hmmm, curious.

That's interesting, Lexi's Facebook account has been changed to 'private' since yesterday. So now no-one can see any previous posts or anything about her that may have helped the investigation.
I wonder who has her Facebook password apart from her? Maybe her father?
Hmmm, curious.
The account is still active, only her old posts have been privated in the past few hours. Early on her father changed her profile and background pics to reflect that she was missing. It's likely that the family doesn't want strangers to scrutinize every detail of their lives.

ETA: They might be reading here.

In DC's interview, he tells us the cook described Alexis leaving the restaurant and "walking towards a black, fancy car with dark-tinted windows" and DC adds, "At that point, that's panic, so we immediately call the police..."

The cook also told DC he didn't know if she entered the car.

We know from the interview with DC that it was unusual for Alexis to have left the restaurant through the back door, and alone, as the cook stated "we normally go out the front door, all together as a team".

I find it odd the cook is unable to say whether or not Alexis entered the vehicle he allegedly saw her approach. He also doesn't mention if he saw her speak with the driver or passenger.

The cook witnessed her unusual behaviour: leaving the restaurant alone, instead of "all together as a team"; going out the back door, when staff "normally go out the front door"; and approaching a vehicle, seemingly unfamiliar to the cook.

All this, plus it was late at night, and Alexis is only 16.

What the cook described caused DC to immediately call the police; but the cook was apparently unperturbed by what he witnessed the night Alexis disappeared, continued with his regular activities, and presumably left the restaurant without first checking if Alexis was still out the back before the doors were locked for the night.

From concern for Alexis's safety, or simply from curiosity, if I were the cook, I would have watched to see what transpired, no matter how busy I may have been.

The account is still active, only her old posts have been privated in the past few hours. Early on her father changed her profile and background pics to reflect that she was missing. It's likely that the family doesn't want strangers to scrutinize every detail of their lives.

ETA: They might be reading here.

If I were the parent of a missing teen, and I was reading anywhere online where complete strangers speculating about personal things to do with my family (and worse, in places where even more strangers feed the rumor mill like their own existance depended on it), that would be top level cringe to me. I can only imagine it feels like this for anyone suddenly in the media when a personal tragedy happens like a kid or spouse or any loved one going missing.

If I had the ability, I would 100% make my kid's profile entirely private, or nuke it all together. Probably my own profile too, if it wasn't already.

If Lexi's family is doing that, then I stand behind them completely. It sure would be great if LE would issue some kind of update or something. Any way the public might be able to help, or an update on if anyone has made contact with her, anything. Until then I guess we're all just waiting and hoping for good news, and soon.

jmo

In DC's interview, he tells us the cook described Alexis leaving the restaurant and "walking towards a black, fancy car with dark-tinted windows" and DC adds, "At that point, that's panic, so we immediately call the police..."

We know from the interview with DC that it was unusual for Alexis to have left the restaurant through the back door, and alone, as the cook stated "we normally go out the front door, all together as a team".

I find it odd the cook is unable to say whether or not Alexis entered the vehicle he allegedly saw her approach. He also doesn't mention if he saw her speak with the driver or passenger.

The cook witnessed her unusual behaviour: leaving the restaurant alone, instead of "all together as a team"; going out the back door, when staff "normally go out the front door"; and approaching a vehicle, seemingly unfamiliar to the cook.

What the cook described caused DC to immediately call the police; but the cook was apparently unperturbed by what he witnessed the night Alexis disappeared, continued with his regular activities, and presumably left the restaurant without first checking if Alexis was still out the back before the doors were locked for the night.

From concern for Alexis's safety, or simply from curiosity, if I were the cook, I would have watched to see what transpired, no matter how busy I may have been.

I most likely would have as well, but I know not everyone responds the same way to the same info. What might matter a great deal to me might not even register for someone else.

Just based on the dad's interview I got the impression somehow that the cook didn't seem to think any of it was a big deal.

I don't think we even know anything about the cook but if he were a young man without kids, that would give him a bit of a different frame of mind than a father of a teenage girl.

jmo

He likely thought it was a member of her family picking her up? He would have no reason to suspect foul play, especially if Alexis wasn't showing any signs of distress. Cooks are moving a mile a minute; I'm surprised they obtained as much data from him as they did.

Amateur opinion and speculation

One interpretation of his recollection that I envision is that he happened to be near the back door and perhaps it is one of those heavy to open, slow-closing doors where he sees her push it open and gets a snapshot of what is outside, but then the door slowly shuts and he doesn't go to reopen it and look to see what happened.

It is hard to know how unusual this behavior is on her part - could he have thought she was cut early and had a friend come pick her up in back?

I really hope that LE is pursuing leads and perhaps has some idea of a digital trail that they need to keep quiet while still alerting the public to be on the lookout. Hoping for the best for Alexis.

It does sound kind of sinister, the way you have presented it, but DC's telling is already the second version, and at least one week later. It could be, for all we know, far more mundane than that. The problem is that we have no idea since DC talked to the cook first and the police didn't visit BoomerJacks until two days later. A lot of things can change. Memories can shift.

I point this out not to blame LE too hard but I feel that this cook's memory or recollection might have already been distorted by DC asking him first instead of LE. I hope LE has already interviewed the cook and corroborated whatever parts of the story possible (like the car pulling up etc.)

It does sound kind of sinister, the way you have presented it, but DC's telling is already the second version, and at least one week later. It could be, for all we know, far more mundane than that. The problem is that we have no idea since DC talked to the cook first and the police didn't visit BoomerJacks until two days later. A lot of things can change. Memories can shift.

I point this out not to blame LE too hard but I feel that this cook's memory or recollection might have already been distorted by DC asking him first instead of LE. I hope LE has already interviewed the cook and corroborated whatever parts of the story possible (like the car pulling up etc.)

Oooh, @SimplyCass , I certainly don't judge the cook in any way at all – nor did I want to present his non-reaction to the event as potentially sinister.

If he's a young man, I'd imagine he'd be curious when he witnessed Alexis's unusual behaviour, and want to see if she had a romantic encounter, and with whom. And is he's an older man, I'd expect him to be concerned for her safety.

It was the cook's recounting of what he'd seen that led to DC to state "At that point, that's panic, so we immediately call the police...", which led me to ponder on his lack of interest, which I thought odd.

It's horrible to imagine how it must have been for DC to drive to the restaurant and find it closed, with no one there. Until that moment, because he knew her phone was at BoomerJacks, he'd believed Alexis was working late. And I'm haunted by the image of a father looking in dumpsters for his missing daughter.

May LE be well-guided in their search for Alexis.

I don't find the cook's recollection suspect or weird. Having worked in bars and restaurants I can picture exactly what he described. I didn't know many of the people I worked with well at all, honestly I didn't even know all their names. I knew faces, but really didn't get to know a lot of them. I was there to earn a check, not make friends so I mostly kept to myself. People go out back to smoke at a lot of restaurants and trash dumpsters are usually out back also. He could have been doing either of those things, almost finished with his cigarette he sees her walk out, he finishes and starts heading in and sees her heading towards the car, but goes back inside before she arrives at said vehicle. This is why he says he thinks she got into the car, but can't be certain. He goes back in not giving it much thought and finishes his shift preoccupied with his own closing duties/life. Even in the sunglasses he may have thought at the time "that's kinda weird", but again he just wanted to finish his work and go home and didn't give it tons of thought. Maybe he really didn't know her and didn't want to seem like a busybody to some young girl. At the time you don't think I bet that girl is about to be kidnapped I should run after her, afterall she was willingly walking toward the car so he probably assumed she knew them and all was fine. In retrospect, once her dad approached him he probably was thinking what he saw was different from the norm, maybe he should have paid better attention or asked her where she was going; but at the time it is occurring he just shrugs and continues his work because it didn't seem THAT strange. Not everyone is deeply involved in their co-workers lives. He could be a lot older and doesn't typically pay much attention to a 16 year old girl. If he was paying her tons of attention everyone would say he is a creep knowing so much about what a 16 year old is doing(if he is older, I have no idea of his age). My opinion is subject to change if more info is released, but as far as what has been shared I don't find the cook's explanation as odd or unbelievable. All speculation and jmo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back