Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

I know this is from December...
Instagram influener Alexis Sharkey looked like she ‘just got out of the tub’ when her body was found in Houston
So the guy that found her stated that she was clean (like she had just gotten out of the tub) and in a fetal position (like someone had placed her there, not thrown out). Also, Alexis had no obvious wounds. Seems like these facts are very telling. What do yall make of it? MOO
@BigTexas
Not sure what to make of it re CoD & MoD, except to say the Med Examiner's autopsy report will likely be informative on those points.
Are you thinking it said something specific about the perp? Like.......??? Your thoughts? TiA.

One thing to add to that is she allegedly told the friend she'd wake up on the bathroom floor every single time he choked her out. I had to add that because to me it's telling. I've brought this up before in this thread that I felt like it was a control thing IF this was indeed happening as her friend alleges.

He'd allegedly choke her (I'm thinking in rooms other than just the bathroom) and then could have brought her there to come to in the most demeaning room of the house. Because a person could either leave the victim where the mood struck for the choke out, or carried them to a more comfortable place like the bed or couch. All MOO.

I've assumed that the bathroom floor features into a story like that because of a panicked need to revive an unconscious person. Shocked awake with cold water. Maybe it's worked like that. In the past. Until it didn't work any more.

JMO

Last edited:
I've assumed that the bathroom floor features into a story like that because of a panicked need to revive an unconscious person. Shocked awake with cold water. Maybe it's worked like that. In the past. Until it didn't work any more.

JMO

My thinking was the perpetrator was washing the body of evidence. Or maybe that’s where they frequently did this activity? MOO

I recently read an article on how self-isolation during the pandemic can be dangerous for those in abusive relationships. I recall home bathrooms cited as a room where women often feel vulnerable. Bathrooms are typically one entrance, no or small window-- no other way out. Bathroom doors lock. In apartments, bathrooms don't usually share a common wall with neighbors -- no worry neighbors will hear things. Running water can also mask cries for help. Easy clean-up. Disinfectant cleaning supplies always on hand here.

I thought it all interesting. I hadn't thought about this before.

@Seattle1 that is very interesting! I also had never even thought about this. Thank you for sharing this. Very good information to know!

I recently read an article on how self-isolation during the pandemic can be dangerous for those in abusive relationships. I recall home bathrooms cited as a room where women often feel vulnerable. Bathrooms are typically one entrance, no or small window-- no other way out. Bathroom doors lock. In apartments, bathrooms don't usually share a common wall with neighbors -- no worry neighbors will hear things. Running water can also mask cries for help. Easy clean-up. Disinfectant cleaning supplies always on hand here.

Your post made me think of both of these victims who were assaulted, one murdered, by their boyfriends in the bathroom.

Chad Wheeler, former Seahawks player, charged with domestic violence assault

Oscar Pistorius trial: Evidence

Your post made me think of both of these victims who were assaulted, one murdered, by their boyfriends in the bathroom.

Chad Wheeler, former Seahawks player, charged with domestic violence assault

Oscar Pistorius trial: Evidence

And don't forget Oscar Pistorius "Blade Runner" who shot and killed his GF. A Prosecutor claimed they were in bed before this and he stopped to put on his prosthetic legs before going after her with a gun and shooting her through the locked bathroom door. So if you're ever in this situation.... don't sit on the toilet where they expect you might be (that's where he aimed and shot her). Lay on the floor close to the door, they won't be expecting that and shooting higher up. But if you have a cast iron tub.... that's got to be a safe place!

Is this case (scream) going cold?

In the grand scheme of things it hasn’t been that long... they only released the CoD in late jan. I seriously hope they have a lead and they’re just plugging away behind the scenes executing search warrants/gathering evidence to make an arrest. The silence is deafening though.

Reportedly, AS death a homicide and her cause of death determined as strangulation.

Unfortunately for homicide detectives and prosecutors, death by strangulation can leave very little physical and forensic evidence. Probable cause is required for both search warrants and an arrest.

To my knowledge, there's been no statement that authorities have a POI or suspect for AS murder so how can the public be clamoring for an arrest with insufficient evidence?

Important to remember that both the US Constitution and Texas Code of Criminal Procedure provide for only a set amount of time between the defendant's arraignment and their trial to begin.

I'm reminded of the 2018 murder of Maria Elena Guzman, CA-- where her husband was charged with her murder -- only to have the case against him dismissed midway through his trial when the prosecution rested.

As they do during the trial when the prosecution rests, the defense requested the case against the husband be dismissed for lack of evidence, and the court agreed.

This means even if the defendant confessed to the murder, or additional evidence linking the husband to Guzman's murder was made available, he can never be tried for his wife's death (i.e., double jeopardy).

This example illustrates why we often hear the phrase: the prosecution only gets one bite at the apple, and patience is golden.

How is justice served if a suspect arrested before there is solid evidence to convict them at trial?

Just imagine how awful for Ms. Guzman's family to know that her alleged murderer got away with killing her and they will never get justice. :eek:

Nope. I want a thorough investigation for AS and a plethora of sound evidence wrapped up with a bow delivered to the DA-- regardless of the weeks or months required. MOO

Mid-trial, judge dismisses case against Vista husband accused of killing his wife

Bump to refresh:

How is justice served if a suspect arrested before there is solid evidence to convict them at trial?

Bump to refresh:

Justice would not be served. One bite at the apple.

I’ve adjusted my thoughts on this case. For me, everything depends on whether or not Alexis ever left the apartment that night. If she did, the suspect pool opens up into uncertainty.

jmo

Bump to refresh:

I agree. Even if you believe you have a suspect, you have to have an answer for the potential defenses that person will raise. If there’s any unexplained DNA or fingerprints or evidence you want to figure out who they belong to and why they are there so you can explain it to a jury. You don’t want to have a defendant on trial who walks because SODDI. Particularly in a case like this where the victim is found in public. Hopefully they have some surveillance footage that ties someone to the scene or the defense has half the county available as their potential some other dude.

Everything takes so much longer than it should.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back