Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBM - I’m trying to search for the reference to the pet again on my phone. So many articles with so many links to other articles and so much iffy reporting is making it difficult.

Someone else may need to try to find the reference to the pet.

Last edited:
They apparently had and have a bengal cat. Husband had said the cat ran out when he he tried to run after her when she took off and ran out in the back jumped a fence and into a waiting blk sedan
<modsnip>
Wait what. Iirc he said there was no arguement, and she could go as long as she didn't drive. So why the heck would he go after her, and the cat escaped. Sounds like there was some chaos, and discord. MOO

‘None of us have been able to grieve’: Alexis Sharkey’s friends seek answer in death of social media influencer
snipped
‘None of us have been able to grieve’: Alexis Sharkey’s friends seek answer in death of social media influencer
Bill Barajas, Reporter

Published: December 3, 2020, 8:56 pm
Turnbow said she first became aware of Sharkey’s disappearance the night before her body was found when her boyfriend received a call from Tom Sharkey, Alexis Sharkey’s husband.

“He just said, you know, ‘Lex, she left the house. We got into an argument. I don’t know what’s going on. Can you have the girls reach out to me?’” Turnbow said.

Turnbow said Alexis Sharkey’s body was found not long after that phone call.

The Harris County Medical Examiner said that it is still working to determine how Alexis Sharkey died. Investigators have said there were no visible wounds.

Turnbow said a memorial scheduled for Thursday has been rescheduled to allow law enforcement a chance to fully investigate the case.
More at link
BBM-
He states they were ARGUING/ fighting when she left in this article about talking to friend that night.
But in another interview, he states, they were NOT fighting or arguing.
<modsnip>
Husband of Houston Instagram influencer says he's receiving death threats

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope there is an update soon, the fact that the person that did this is still free is just awful. Her poor family. We all know when stories change and police aren’t called right away by the one closest to the victim...the text from the husband to the Friends BF? I’d be calling the police.

CourtTV just posted this video... Interview with Alexis's sister.

Towards the end of the video they say that according to Houston Police they "will not be making any public statements at this point unless one of two things happens. Unless the autopsy comes back with a cause of death or if there is information in the case they have received that they need to get out to the public."

I’ve followed many WS cases and I feel we have to await LE at this point - without any confirmed information there just isn’t much to Discuss within our TOS here on WS

RIP Alexis
That is why this site is healthier, we get to exercise our brains on the possibilities while working within very tight boundaries.
Victim first means everything.
And it keeps us compassionate and honest.

This is a confusing one. I don’t want to automatically place blame on the husband, just because he’s a big dude and her friends have said some less than nice things about him. Her friends also look a bit shady, but that could be the whole MLM personalities shining through.

As for the “Influencer” status, I think I can understand why her family doesn’t want people to remember her for that. I have been a fairly popular influencer (I hate that word) for a few years now, and what I use social media for is a whole different model than what she was doing. The only “work” I do is try out and promote the products that I’m sent, and try to hype up different brands to my followers. It’s a hobby for me, and sure I make some money from it, but that’s not why I do it. My friends on the other hand who belong to MLMs (as much as I may not agree with them) use their whole social media footprint for marketing their specific product/company, especially if it’s their main source of income. I can definitely understand why her family wants her to be known as an intelligent businesswoman, because that’s what she was...and she seemed to be pretty darn good at it!

Sorry for my tangent, I just thought it might help a bit with the influencer conversation. I hope they are on the right track to finding out what exactly happened to her. What a bright light she seemed to be... such a loss that someone so intelligent, beautiful & with a lust for life was taken too soon.

I am still playing catch-up, but something struck me as very odd. Her jumping the patio fence and jumping into a car sounds like a really good excuse for her not being shown on their Ring camera...MOO

I'm not familiar with Ring cameras, but I am assuming any deleted footage, if any, could be recovered by LE?

This is a confusing one. I don’t want to automatically place blame on the husband, just because he’s a big dude and her friends have said some less than nice things about him. Her friends also look a bit shady, but that could be the whole MLM personalities shining through.

As for the “Influencer” status, I think I can understand why her family doesn’t want people to remember her for that. I have been a fairly popular influencer (I hate that word) for a few years now, and what I use social media for is a whole different model than what she was doing. The only “work” I do is try out and promote the products that I’m sent, and try to hype up different brands to my followers. It’s a hobby for me, and sure I make some money from it, but that’s not why I do it. My friends on the other hand who belong to MLMs (as much as I may not agree with them) use their whole social media footprint for marketing their specific product/company, especially if it’s their main source of income. I can definitely understand why her family wants her to be known as an intelligent businesswoman, because that’s what she was...and she seemed to be pretty darn good at it!

Sorry for my tangent, I just thought it might help a bit with the influencer conversation. I hope they are on the right track to finding out what exactly happened to her. What a bright light she seemed to be... such a loss that someone so intelligent, beautiful & with a lust for life was taken too soon.

Thanks for this insight. I agree that it's understandable why her family would want to distance her from the "influencer" label. It may be impressive to the younger generation, but older folks (like me) know that it's not a secure career path because, well, humans age and nobody really wants old influencers :). She was definitely smarter/more intelligent/more driven than just relying on her looks and youth to make money. I hope these "influencers" have a long term plan for when the gravy train of youth and beauty ends and these brands paying so little for advertising move on to the next, younger generation.

I am still playing catch-up, but something struck me as very odd. Her jumping the patio fence and jumping into a car sounds like a really good excuse for her not being shown on their Ring camera...MOO

I'm not familiar with Ring cameras, but I am assuming any deleted footage, if any, could be recovered by LE?

Yes, obviously, and I'm also late so I don't know if it's been discussed about her "jumping the fence.." I mean, even if that wouldn't be captured on their Ring, other folks in the neighborhood have them, right? (I'm confused about the logistics/set-up of the apartment).

Thanks for this insight. I agree that it's understandable why her family would want to distance her from the "influencer" label. It may be impressive to the younger generation, but older folks (like me) know that it's not a secure career path because, well, humans age and nobody really wants old influencers :). She was definitely smarter/more intelligent/more driven than just relying on her looks and youth to make money. I hope these "influencers" have a long term plan for when the gravy train of youth and beauty ends and these brands paying so little for advertising move on to the next, younger generation.
I'm still really grateful that my 'influencers' were the hippies, the metal bands rock 'n roll, but only at a biker rally...
I was never under any pressure to 'perform' more than making a good effort to convince my parents on return hoe that I was actually stone cold sober when
I most definitely was anything but!
What am seeing here is tremendous constant pressure to perform...Publicly.
I would never have been willing to submit to it.
I think there are easier ways to be. But I reckon I'm just drama'd out.

I set up a Ring doorbell for my mom about a year ago and there were different storage options... I know at the time there was a free option which had very limited storage (I feel like it might have been 7 days free? Not sure) or no video storage with a live feed only. After that there was a few dollar a month charge or $30 annually where the videos would be stored for a year.

If the Ring cam had a short term storage option, would those videos be recoverable after that time frame? It's digital video obv so wouldn't that be out there somewhere forever?

I know we've discussed ring cameras on other cases here. In quite some detail too.
They're usually on the door but I'm not sure if they're on both back and front doors, or just front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member