GUILTY TX - Belinda Temple, 30, pregnant, Katy, 11 Jan 1999 *Guilty again in 2023*

Oh lordy, so two have made up their minds and are immovable? This does not bode well for this jury to render a sentence. :(

I'm so sorry for Belinda's family and friends that have been pursuing justice for her since 1999.

As to the two jurors that must not want to deliver life sentence, I hope they were not moved by testimony from David's son.

If David cared about his son, he would not have murdered his mother and unborn sister when his son was only a toddler. MOO

August 9, 2019

An update from Andy Kahan, Director of Victim Services and Advocacy - Crime Stoppers of Houston, TX .. . . . posted on his personal Facebook page.

Andy has attended every day of the trial and has been at the court house during the Punishment Phase.

He was in the court room when Judge Kelli Johnson declared a mistrial in the Punishment Phase of the trial.

Remember: The guilty verdict stands. David Temple is guilty in the murder of his 8 months pregnant wife, Belinda Lucas Temple.

MISTRIAL just announced!!
Punishment phase will be likely scheduled March 2020

just said he is eligible to get out since probation was one of the choices
jurors were all over the place from 10 years to life
David Temple was found guilty of murder as charged in the indictment.

He will not be released. He is currently in the Harris County Jail.

The mistrial is in the Punishment Phase (Sentencing portion). The Guilty verdict still stands.

Someone on Andy Kahan's facebook page said the Judge said, "No Bond."
I do not know if this is true or not.

just said he is eligible to get out since probation was one of the choices
jurors were all over the place from 10 years to life

That was a stretch for his attorney to throw that in. (Technically, he hasn't been convicted because no sentence delivered is lawyers argument).

I don't see the judge changing her mind on "no bond." Judge will confirm this motion in 10 - 14 days.

MOO

ETA: correct Judge Johnson gender to "her."

Last edited:
That was a stretch for his attorney to throw that in. (Technically, he hasn't been convicted because no sentence is lawyers argument).

I don't see the judge changing his mind on "no bond." Judge will confirm this motion in 10 - 14 days.
Seattle1, I disagree with you.

David Temple was found guilty as indicated in the indictment on August 6, 2019.
He was convicted of murder in the murder of his wife, Belinda Lucas Temple.

He was taken into custody in the State of Texas District Court #178 by the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

He was taken to the Harris County Jail (Houston, TX) after court proceedings concluded on August 6, 2019.

He has been in the Harris County Jail when not in court or the court's holding cell.

The judge is not male. The judge is a female, State of Texas District Judge Kelli Johnson - Houston . . . Harris County, TX.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back