GUILTY TX - Body of Julie Mott, 25, still missing from mortuary, 15 Aug 2015

Please tell me the cops have searched the home of this "obsessed" guy. He may have been very mentally unstable, and her death tipped him over the edge completely and he couldn't bear the thought of being parted from her...

Such a tragegy that a young person dies from an awful illness in the first place, and then for her body to be stolen... I can't imagine what her poor family are going through :(

Where on this earth could he be hiding her body that no one has noticed any odd behaviour, smells, moving things around at night? Does he live in a very isolated area? Surely, if parents/friends have an idea of this guy's identity a search warrant cannot be that hard to obtain.

I'd have thought that a cadaver dog could find the poor girl easily enough, if she's been hidden somewhere accesible.
I wonder if her body was embalmed? I understand she was going to be cremated, but she would still be embalmed if the family wanted to view the body?
If *someone* took her because they didn't agree with cremation rather than to keep her with them, perhaps they had a grave already dug somewhere ready to put her in. I hope the police have checked nearby graveyards, because on top of a recent grave would be a good place to bury her.

From earlier articles, she was not embalmed.

From earlier articles, she was not embalmed.

I want to correct myself. I had read the body found in the search for Julie had not been embalmed. I got it confused. Julie was embalmed I found a reference.

Mott was embalmed for the open casket ceremony but was set to be cremated.

Read more: http://www.woai.com/articles/woai-l...person-of-interest-in-13884909/#ixzz3kvGphfEz

Authorities say they do not think the human remains found yesterday belong to Mott. It does not appear the remains had been embalmed.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/news/f...nd-belong-julie-mott-15522.shtml#.VeupRhFViko

Sorry for the confusion. I started thinking, no way could she be kept for that many days without being embalmed.

So very strange that the police have been so closemouthed about this whole bizarre happening. Feel so bad for her family...

Sorry for the confusion. I started thinking, no way could she be kept for that many days without being embalmed.

Thanks for the clarification.

Heck, I thought maybe there was some new technique for preservation. What little I know about embalming I learned from "Six Feet Under".

Bump. I'm guessing no new info? I tried searching for new info but didn't come up with anything.

Is this the only (or main?) discussion thread.

This situation really bothers me - the poor family having to deal with this...

There is a new article on the case, but no new information. LE is looking for help. A police report shows a person identified as "SP1" was the last to leave Mott's service and this person was "obsessed with calling and texting Mott."

"At certain points in the case, persons of interest have come onto the radar and some have dropped off. So while I couldn't go into any specifics on any particular person of interest, (they still are following all leads).

http://upnorthlive.com/news/nation-...l-searching-for-body-stolen-from-funeral-home

I am beginning to wonder if the funeral home made an error with the disposition of Ms. Mott's body.

So, "SP1" was "obsessed with calling and texting Mott". She was gravely ill, she spent a good portion of her life in bed and I would guess she communicated a lot through phone calls, texts, internet. I don't think frequent calling/texting, in this case, would be obsessive. And the obsessed person has not been arrested.

There was more than one person of interest? How weird is that?

This is the first time that I have read that the owner of the funeral home, Robert Tips Jr., is a long time friend of the family. That fact makes this case even stranger IMO.

SNIP: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ole-body-san-antonio-woman-julie-mott-n416626

"Mott was to have been cremated on the 17th. Robert Dixon Tips Jr., owner of the funeral home, told reporters it was possible that the culprit was someone who "didn't believe in the cremation process versus a traditional burial process."

Tips, a longtime friend of the family, is offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to the recovery of Mott's body."

i'm really frustrated that nothing is going on with this case. the news is old and the trail is cold. no real interviews with the people that work there. no interviews with the family. somebody has either had this woman's dead body for over a month or put it somewhere or the funeral home made a cremation mistake and won't admit it for fear of the litigious.

it angers me how unscratchable this itch to know is for me. grr.

San Antonio Express-News:

A month later, still no sign of Julie Mott's remains

---
Mission Park Funeral Chapels owner Robert “Dick” Tips, a longtime friend of the Mott family, said he and others have been relentlessly chasing down leads that have come in through the San Antonio Police Department.

“We feel pretty comfortable that we know who it might be,” he said. “It’s a process. It’s like a puzzle. You have to fill in the blanks and make sure you eliminate everybody."
---

This is so bizarre. I can't even begin to imagine the pain her family is feeling. Losing a daughter to an illness and having her body stolen the day of her memorial?? That's a whole new kind of sick and twisted.

I don't want to think about what nefarious reason someone would steal her body. Maybe I spend too much time reading terrible things but I doubt it was for anything less than awful.

I am beginning to wonder if the funeral home made an error with the disposition of Ms. Mott's body.

This is just about the worst possible thing that could happen to a funeral home.

If they made an error with the disposition, if they could be sure the body won't show up in a month the case would probably be "solved" (even if that meant handing over ashes and claiming they were Mott's).

I am sure the funeral home frantically checked every possibility before announcing the body had been stolen. That type of thing can easily ruin their business.

i'm really frustrated that nothing is going on with this case. the news is old and the trail is cold. no real interviews with the people that work there. no interviews with the family. somebody has either had this woman's dead body for over a month or put it somewhere or the funeral home made a cremation mistake and won't admit it for fear of the litigious.

it angers me how unscratchable this itch to know is for me. grr.

The thing is, she was supposed to be cremated. Her body had been embalmed and prepared for the funeral for viewing, and then she was to be cremated. So if she had been cremated it wouldn't have been an error!

It makes me wonder if there is someone who works for the funeral home or an associated business (floral shop, nursing home) that has some kind of sick hidden fetish and couldn't resist the remains of a beautiful young girl. It's a nauseating thought, but people do unbelievable things.

This is so bizarre. I can't even begin to imagine the pain her family is feeling. Losing a daughter to an illness and having her body stolen the day of her memorial?? That's a whole new kind of sick and twisted.

I don't want to think about what nefarious reason someone would steal her body. Maybe I spend too much time reading terrible things but I doubt it was for anything less than awful.

Totally agree with everything you have said. This tragic young woman's family must be going through hell and are suffering terribly. How can anyone do this?

It makes me wonder if there is someone who works for the funeral home or an associated business (floral shop, nursing home) that has some kind of sick hidden fetish and couldn't resist the remains of a beautiful young girl. It's a nauseating thought, but people do unbelievable things.

I think some of us have always just assumed that some of the folks in the funeral industry have an "interest" in attractive corpses, but they would be the last folks needing to "steal" a body, kwim? They have access to them whenever they want.

I guess it is possible that a mortuary worker "fell in love" with a corpse and wanted to take it home but it seems pretty unlikely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian
Back