TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by KayElJay, Aug 29, 2016.

1. dms

dms Well-Known Member

Kyle's statement at the beginning of the video isn't long, so I went ahead and transcribed it. The Q&A would take a bit longer if anyone wants it. Here's the first half:

(7:28) It all started like two days before my brother came up missing. I was on my way to work and Brandon, my brother, called me and he was wanting to know if I could get some dope for him. Because he had switched jobs, and he had already taken his drug test, so he wanted to get high. He had not smoked in at least six months, and I told him "Naw, you don't need to do that Bro, you've been clean for a long time." He told me, "I know, Bro, I'm just going to do a little bit." I told him "Okay," and I told him to go get a guy named Chris. He worked with us. So he went and picked up Chris, and Chris took him to pick up some, from who I don't know. So after they got it, they went and got high.

Then I didn't hear from him until I was on my way home. I called him and asked where he was, if he was still going to come by when I got home, and he said yes. After I got home, I never heard from him. I figured he was at home, so the next morning I tried calling him and can't get ahold of him. His wife wouldn't answer either. So I called some friends back home in Ft. Worth to see if he had come there, and I found him. He was at one of our friends' house. He got on the phone and spoke to me and he said he was going to be heading home soon. So I told him "Okay, I'll hit you up whenever I get home from work." He said "Okay." Everything was normal. Then I'm almost to my house and he called me and he told me that he was on his way home and she, as in Ladessa, better not have touched none of his stuff.

I went to their house. Ladessa was cleaning the house and everything was normal. Nothing was torn up or anything, so I called him and told him to chill out, to just calm down, she wasn't tearing any of his stuff up. So I let him talk to her for a minute, and they were arguing, but I didn't pay no mind to it. So I got my phone back, and I went back to my house, showered, and changed clothes, and I was about to eat dinner when my mother called me and asked if I would please go over to their house and calm my brother down because he was flipping out.

When I arrived at their house my brother Brandon was already gone, so I asked Ladessa what was going on and she said he was tripping and flipping out. On my way there, my brother called me, says that Ladessa had some Mexicans from the neighborhood chasing him out of town. He told me that the State Trooper had pulled one of them over but there were still two chasing him. He hung up on me, then calls me back and told me that he is about to run out of gas, he needed me to bring him some gas, so I told him okay, that I had to go back by his house to pick up a gas can and come straight to him.

So I went to his house, I got the gas can, and I headed that way. Well, Brandon kept calling me, and he would say a few words and hang up. The first time he asked where I was and to hurry up. I told him that I was on the way as fast as I could. Then he called back and Audrey answered, and he said "Where are y'all? I'm bleeding, Audge" -- as in Audrey -- "hurry up and get here," and he hung up. Then he called me again and said "Where are you at?" I said "I'm pulling up right now." He hung up again. So when I pulled up to his truck, I make a U-turn and park on the opposite side of the road. I get out, walk over to his truck, and he calls. I asked him, "Where are you, Bro?" He said, "I'm right here where I said." At that time there was a vehicle approaching and he said to me one time, "Run." I told him "I'm not going to run, I've done nothing wrong," and he said, "Where is your pride, motherfucker?" and hung up on me.

neesaki, StarEyes, nannymo and 8 others like this.
  2. dms

dms Well-Known Member

(second half)

At this time, the officer was walking up from behind his truck, and he says "Is this your truck?" I told him no, it's my brother's truck, that he had ran out of gas and he was walking down the road. He keeps losing signal, so I asked if he minded me driving down the street to look for him. And he said "Yeah, but he's not back that way because I just come from that way." So I said okay. I had not known that my brother had made a 911 call in between the time that he was calling me on my way there. It makes no sense to me why he would call 911 and call saying he needed the cops, and then right after he tells me to run from the police. But I drove down the street and I stopped. I and Audrey both repeatedly calling him and texting him and he would not respond.

My son was only a few years old and he was [crying?] and hungry so we went back to my bank in San Angelo so I that could get some money. My check had been direct deposited into my account so I got the money, I got some food for my son, I got some gas in my car, and then I went and picked our friend Chris that we had worked with, and asked him if he would come with me to look for my -- him. So he got in and we went back to where my brother's truck was. The police officer was gone, so we drove down the road very slow, hollering and screaming his name out, and he never would come. So I went down to the gas station and parked on the side while Audrey got out, got the gas can out of the trunk, and went and put five dollars in the gas can. Then I drove back down to my brother's truck, and I got out and put the gas in his truck, and I yelled out there: "Gas in your truck, Bro, the laws are gone, get it, get in it, and go!" Still nothing.

We drove up and down Highway 277 for about an hour and no sign. Then the law enforcement had my brother's truck towed at nine a.m. that morning. And then that is when my sister-in-law, Ladessa called the Sheriff's Department and told them what was going on. They acted like I was lying to them about everything just because I didn't tell him that night that my brother had a felony warrant and was hiding in the woods. Had I known that my brother had made a 911 call not seconds in between the times that I talked to him, I would have said something. But I did not know, and I wasn't about to snitch my brother out. That's not just something we don't, we don't do, we never have __________ I think of things that I could have done differently, but it doesn't change anything because my brother is still missing.

The Coke County Sheriff's office and this Texas Ranger that is on my brother's case, they wanted me to come in for interviewing and so I did. They seem to think that I just picked my brother up and gave him a ride that night, and dropped him off. So I told them that I would like to take a polygraph test, and so they agreed. So I went down to take the test, and they gave me two tests.

The first test, one was about if I gave him a ride somewhere that night, if I dropped him off somewhere, or if I came in contact with him after the last time I said I had that night, and I passed it. The second test was asking if I had harmed or hurt him and had taken his body somewhere, or if I took him and done something with him -- more or less they wanted to know if I killed my own brother, and I passed it. Then I don't believe that they had done anything with his case since.

mrz, neesaki, scaredtopost and 12 others like this.
  3. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

wow, what an arduous task - thank you for doing it and adding it here, @dms.

I still tend to think LE had something to do with Brandon being "missing"... I hate that I think that and I hate to even have a theory, but based on Brandon's own words (as I heard them - I know we debated for many pages about what he said), that is where I lean.

I agree, no one deserves this - addict or not - and those who know and love Brandon need answers.

4. Criminal Justice mom

Criminal Justice mom Well-Known Member

It definitely makes it easier to refer back to then having to listen to it repeatedly.

5. Vedder

Vedder John 3:16

@dms Thank you for the transcript! Wow. Makes what Brandon said on the 911 tape a little clearer - state trooper, pulled one over...where are you Brandon???

MadMcGoo, StarEyes, amayla and 6 others like this.
  6. Criminal Justice mom

StarEyes, folieadeuxnola and dms like this.
  7. Jason Watts

Jason Watts Member

Can you send me the link

8. Criminal Justice mom

If you click on the link there is only 2 pages. Its on the 2nd page near the bottom posted by "Steelman".

StarEyes likes this.
  9. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo SomeoneSomewhere KnowsSomething

Hmm...that seems a little odd. I must say, I have thought of Brandon when I hear similar cases (not many), but it almost comes across as he *assumes* he has figured out what happened? That is just MOO, I don’t follow too many threads and other than occasionally checking the thread, I’ve only recently started following closely this one...but if I had to guess I’d say he was just speculating. If not, he’s on the wrong thread I’d think!

•MMcG•

nannymo and folieadeuxnola like this.
  10. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

I was here when Steele was around - i think he was just strongly stating his strong opinion. I tend to agree with a lot of that opinion FWIW.

mrz, StarEyes, neesaki and 4 others like this.
  11. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola Miami-Dade Jane Doe - 1979

Have thought that many times, if Brandon seen something he was not suppose to that night. At the wrong place ... wrong time

12. MadMcGoo

I'm SO near to this area, and I wish there was something I could do!!! It kills me that his family doesn't have more answers!

13. Jcontino

Jcontino New Member

Does anyone know if there is any petition going around to try to get local police to allow new searches? Especially since, if I understand correctly, the area where the last phone ping came from hasn't been searched yet...

StarEyes and MadMcGoo like this.
  14. MadMcGoo

15. Criminal Justice mom

There isn't currently, well at least not one that's ever been made public. However, if that's something you start Id be happy to sign!

StarEyes, folieadeuxnola and MadMcGoo like this.
  16. Criminal Justice mom

L.L. was married this past weekend. Strange in a way how life still keeps moving on without any signs of Brandon.

17. nannymo

nannymo Well-Known Member

I hope she can find some peace and happiness for herself and her children. I am sure she will never quit looking for Brandon in one way or another. Good luck Ladessa.

StarEyes, MadMcGoo, DeepCover and 3 others like this.
  18. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

MadMcGoo and pillywiggin like this.
  19. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH for both of your transcription posts, @dms! I super appreciate your hard work.:)

dms and pillywiggin like this.
  20. sprybug

sprybug Member

Thank you for confirming this! This was a theory of mine as well. When Brandon says I can see you, what I think he was saying is that he could see Kyle's vehicles headlights and the cop's flashing lights from a distance.

MadMcGoo and StarEyes like this.