TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

At first, I thought he probably left willingly as his actions prior to his disappearance seemed so premeditated to me. Now, I'm not convinced.

I checked the CCPD timeline again, and I don't see at what time Caleb's phone was powered off. I can't find any information on this but maybe its not important?
www.courttv.com/title/caleb-harris-father-talks-about-his-sons-last

Hopefully this link to Court-TV works but it is easy enough to find with a Google search.

Court-TV spoke to Randy Harris briefly on 4/8 to discuss the timeline of events leading up to Caleb's disappearance. He said Caleb's phone was either turned off or the battery died at 2:58am.

“ The team consists of Investigators from the Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division and Organized Crime Unit, the FBI, the Texas Rangers, and the United States Marshals Service, along with three Forensic Computer Examiners, and one civilian crime analyst”
MISSING PERSON CALEB HARRIS UPDATE

Please ignore if this has already been mentioned.
ETA: also gives a breakdown of the night of CH’s Disappearance

“ The team consists of Investigators from the Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division and Organized Crime Unit, the FBI, the Texas Rangers, and the United States Marshals Service, along with three Forensic Computer Examiners, and one civilian crime analyst”

Thanks for posting that; I had not seen it before. There is a lot of facts shared that we keep seeing misstated here in the thread.

Can you believe this is the first missing case I have ever followed. I think it’s because he was sandwiched in between Riley Strain and Sebastian.

My question is, is it normal for fbi and us marshalls to already be involved in a missing case that’s just 37 days old? Help me understand… or is this bigger than what they want to tell us?

Thanks for posting this. Good to know how much they’ve done and are continuing to do.

Can you believe this is the first missing case I have ever followed. I think it’s because he was sandwiched in between Riley Strain and Sebastian.

My question is, is it normal for fbi and us marshalls to already be involved in a missing case that’s just 37 days old? Help me understand… or is this bigger than what they want to tell us?
Very normal for FBI to be involved early on - often the younger the person, the earlier they are involved- and US Marshall’s too. Nothing out of the ordinary IMHO

Someone explained their involvement the other day, but I can’t remember what the explanation was. :eek: :(
Anybody know?

Curious if searches are still going on or is everyone just waiting for LE to piece together what they have? Also curious to know what’s the probability of someone still being alive after 37 days of being missing (granted I know plenty of people have been found) but what’s typical at this point?????
On Feb 16th, 20 year old Johnny Roop, a senior at Virginia Tech, took off in his car and has not returned home or been in contact with any family or friends. He was going to be at his mother’s house late afternoon on 2/16 but instead he went to the bank, withdrew money, and took off. About a week later police made contact with him in Missouri, said he didn’t appear to be a threat to himself or others and the missing persons case was closed. Friends and family have said this is not like him at all, said he always keeps in touch and there has never been an incident like this in his past. He still has not returned to home or college and has made no contact with anyone.
On another issue, Caleb’s mother mentioned in one of their first interviews that Caleb had invited her to visit earlier that weekend, which she did, she said one of the things he wanted was to show her his favorite fishing spots. I’ve always wondered if he wanted to see her to talk about something in person, which would seem serious to me.

On Feb 16th, 20 year old Johnny Roop, a senior at Virginia Tech, took off in his car and has not returned home or been in contact with any family or friends. He was going to be at his mother’s house late afternoon on 2/16 but instead he went to the bank, withdrew money, and took off. About a week later police made contact with him in Missouri, said he didn’t appear to be a threat to himself or others and the missing persons case was closed. Friends and family have said this is not like him at all, said he always keeps in touch and there has never been an incident like this in his past. He still has not returned to home or college and has made no contact with anyone.
On another issue, Caleb’s mother mentioned in one of their first interviews that Caleb had invited her to visit earlier that weekend, which she did, she said one of the things he wanted was to show her his favorite fishing spots. I’ve always wondered if he wanted to see her to talk about something in person, which would seem serious to me.
The father has been monitoring Caleb's bank account which they share (joint account) and there hasn't been any activity since his disappearance, nor any unusual activity prior to his disapperance.

FBI, the Marshall Service, and Secret Service all have specialized units that are available to local law enforcement as needed. Electronics analysis, ballistics, biometrics, oceanographic analysis (currents and tides) are just a few I remember from other cases I've followed.

Considering how much they've talked about warrants for electronics and communications, I imagine that's a big part of it.

The father has been monitoring Caleb's bank account which they share (joint account) and there hasn't been any activity since his disappearance, nor any unusual activity prior to his disapperance.
This is true.

In addition they say he is a creature of habit. That means good and bad habits. This leads me to believe this is not his first time potentially hooking up IF this is really the case. There should certainly be digital traces of all his “habits”.

Anyone answer the question WHY he didn’t take his own car to the hookup???? Why allow someone to pick you up? (Which makes me feel there is a level of comfort with the person if they were picking him up). I dunno. It might not make a difference and we might still have the same outcome.

I side eye everything and everyone…..

There are several similarities between this case and that of Jason Landry, they even look very similar.

Drugs, drug abuse, on their way home during Christmas break, all stand out as major factors that separate the two.

When the truth of CH comes out, I am sure we will find similar scenarios (which sadly every state is dealing with this issue of internet crimes).

Drugs, drug abuse, on their way home during Christmas break, all stand out as major factors that separate the two.

When the truth of CH comes out, I am sure we will find similar scenarios (which sadly every state is dealing with this issue of internet crimes).
I agree it's easy to see the differences but also easy to spot the similarities: both 21, both with religious father, both college students, both in south Texas, both left wallet behind, and both have little to no evidence of a crime.

I agree it's easy to see the differences but also easy to spot the similarities: both 21, both with religious father, both college students, both in south Texas, both left wallet behind, and both have little to no evidence of a crime.
I agree with that… now that I look at the similarities. It’s amazing we are in a first world country and people are getting away with murder and leaving no trace behind… then 20 years later someone wants to have a death bed confession and tell everyone “they did it”. Ughhh!!!

I personally am a result of a tragic murder that happened to my dad 32 years ago… shot and burned in a van in Queens NY, and absolutely zero I mean zero leads and zero arrest. It’s mind boggling…..

Im 50/50 on that one. What I will say, 100% of me says that pic he took of the bridge was supposed to go to whomever was picking him up so they knew exactly where to stop. I was listening to a news broadcast and it said the guy who got the pic rarely checks his snapchat.
If so did that person maybe have the same first name as his friend?

If so did that person maybe have the same first name as his friend?
When you take a picture on Snap, you get a list of options for what to do with it.

The first section will be a list of all the Stories you have (public, private list, etc), meaning anyone you've previously enabled to view the chosen Story can view it.

The next section will be a short list of your Best Friends, meaning the people you exchange Snaps with the most frequently.

After that, the third section will be all your other friends in order of how recently you interacted.

What this says about who it might have been meant for is open to interpretation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back