TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you share what your thinking??
. . .“We know he’s out there, and looking forward to seeing him again. And he needs to know if he happens to see this that we love him he is not in trouble. The police are not after him. And no matter what happens we love him. And we want him to be here to go fishing, we want him home” . .

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, as English isn’t my primary language, but this tells me that this isn’t a random vanishing.
If your child goes missing, and you have a chance to send a message, why choose those words?… unless, there’s a possibility the child is afraid of the consequences stemming from a particular action.

What are your thoughts?

. . .“We know he’s out there, and looking forward to seeing him again. And he needs to know if he happens to see this that we love him he is not in trouble. The police are not after him. And no matter what happens we love him. And we want him to be here to go fishing, we want him home” . .

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, as English isn’t my primary language, but this tells me that this isn’t a random vanishing.
If your child goes missing, and you have a chance to send a message, why choose those words?… unless, there’s a possibility the child is afraid of the consequences stemming from a particular action.

What are your thoughts?
Very interesting! I never thought of it like that. I do agree, I don't feel this is random. In my mind, there's three options:
*Caleb meets up with someone he knows, perhaps a frenemy..
*Caleb meets someone for a hook up..
*Caleb meets someone to buy/sell substances..

What are your thoughts?
I think they're searching for scenarios in which he could still be alive. However unlikely they might think it is that he's in trouble for something really serious and is hiding, I think that's easier for a family to believe than some of the worse scenarios. I don't think he's in trouble and hiding. I think he might be into some things that have surprised family but nothing that would mean him going into hiding like this. MOO

I think they're searching for scenarios in which he could still be alive. However unlikely they might think it is that he's in trouble for something really serious and is hiding, I think that's easier for a family to believe than some of the worse scenarios. I don't think he's in trouble and hiding. I think he might be into some things that have surprised family but nothing that would mean him going into hiding like this. MOO
I agree with this 100%...

I know what you mean. It'd make more sense if he said 'tended' rather than 'intended'. Unless he does mean an intentional act to deceive, in which case how would someone be able to do that? To attempt to make it look like it was miles away but LE could figure out it wasn't. That doesn't make sense to me

MOO
I think he meant that social media was reporting that his phone pinged miles away ( which implies that he moved,) (they intended to show is correct) their intention was to show that he left his area. Not trying to deceive rather thats the info that first came out until it was corrected By LE with the help of phone ping/tower expert. ( very confusing for sure)

3NEWS reporter Bill Churchwell sat down with CCPD Assistant Chief Todd Green to discuss the case. As part of that discussion, CCPD believes -- contrary to some social media reports -- that the last time Harris' cell phone pinged, he was right by his apartment complex.

Last edited:
Did something happen that would make his family believe that he may have been afraid that he was in trouble?
This has been bothering me too. Many of us here have heard of cases that have occurred due to an individual who is concealing the truth. This must be a tremendous burden to someone when the unavoidable truth is about to be revealed and out of pure desperation, they do something drastic in order to perpetuate the lie.

It's impossible to know if Caleb was caught up in a similar situation. The idea that he was failing in school is always a possibility unless his parents routinely insisted on actual proof of his school performance. One thought that crossed my mind was that he became involved in something as trivial as online betting and amassed a large debt. Or he perceived that his overall behavior whether it be emotional, sexual or an overly harsh assessment of himself as a man, as being in direct conflict with his religious upbringing.

For whatever reason, something caused him to voluntarily walk away from his life as he felt he was unable to deal with the consequences, and the possibility of disappointing his parents. I'm probably way off track, but I still think he may have planned on leaving, and saved some cash in order to support himself while trying to figure out the best way to move forward. I truly hope so.

That's exactly what I thought... it's their best way of keeping Caleb alive (mentally/emotionally for them). Not that it suggests Caleb had (could have) some possibly secret plan to hide.

jmo

This has been bothering me too. Many of us here have heard of cases that have occurred due to an individual who is concealing the truth. This must be a tremendous burden to someone when the unavoidable truth is about to be revealed and out of pure desperation, they do something drastic in order to perpetuate the lie.

It's impossible to know if Caleb was caught up in a similar situation. The idea that he was failing in school is always a possibility unless his parents routinely insisted on actual proof of his school performance. One thought that crossed my mind was that he became involved in something as trivial as online betting and amassed a large debt. Or he perceived that his overall behavior whether it be emotional, sexual or an overly harsh assessment of himself as a man, as being in direct conflict with his religious upbringing.

For whatever reason, something caused him to voluntarily walk away from his life as he felt he was unable to deal with the consequences, and the possibility of disappointing his parents. I'm probably way off track, but I still think he may have planned on leaving, and saved some cash in order to support himself while trying to figure out the best way to move forward. I truly hope so.
Anything is possible. I am having trouble with the walk away part. He left his truck behind. He would not have got very far on foot.

What are your thoughts?
That is a great point. He could have had some trouble with his family, or some trouble the Police unearthed that his family are now aware of.

MOO: I thought of Caleb tonight as I read about Christian Samay at Bucknell, this handsome, intelligent, family-supported man. The university has asked for all to respect privacy in that case while clarifying that his death is not suspicious; he was in his fraternity house. We don’t know factually under what circumstances Caleb is missing. We do know that empathy and compassion are essentially everything.

I don't know if this statement also adds to the confusion or not. I just thought I'd include it.

“If there is something you can say to him right now, what would that be?” asked Barajas.

“That we love him, and that he needs to do everything he can do to fight to get out of this situation that he’s in and come home,” said Becky Harris, Caleb’s mother.

Also from the link:

“A lot of it is speculation, but he was either taken, or he was outside and saw something he shouldn’t have seen. We just don’t know,” said Randy Harris, Caleb’s father.

KSAT reporter John Paul Barajas asked Randy Harris, “As we approach three weeks (since the disappearance), is there any lost hope that you will be reunited again?”

“Not at all, not at all. We’re confident in the authorities, the number of people, and volunteers that we have, that somebody knows something, and that’s what we’re looking for,” said Randy Harris.

I’m going to take the unpopular opinion here and say I think he’s in the water due to self-harm.

Just because someone is making future plans, as we know on this forum, does not mean they are not depressed or masking. The reason I asked upthread if he and his friends had been drinking is because I know how the highs and lows of drinking work. His dad is reassured because Caleb was texting him during the evening talking about fishing lures, but that could be the “high” of alcohol (if they were drinking). How many of you have gone out drinking and made “drunk plans” never to do the things you all discussed the night you were drunk? Alcohol is fun…at first. But the withdrawal from alcohol after the evening is over, especially if you’re already depressed (I’m not saying Caleb was), is terrible. It’s a depressant and it typically leaves you feeling worse than before you drank. It feels like the world and all your life decisions come crashing down on you. It’s very heavy.

I know there is a lot of assumption on my part that he and his friends were drinking, but I’m making that assumption based on a group of college kids that are of legal age to drink, living in an off-campus apartment in a college town. Not to mention they were up and outside extremely late at night/early in the morning. What else would they be doing? Studying? lol

I don’t think he was hit by a car (there would be some evidence) and I definitely don’t think he was abducted; what would the motive be? To me, the only explanation is, he walked off on his own accord.

I am leaning away from intentional self harm. He was playing with a puppy, ordered Uber eats, and was walking around without shoes on, and left his truck and gun behind. It does not look like he planned a mission. He could have met the wrong person and things went sidewards, or decided he needed some fresh air, took off and had some accidental misadventure. I am leaning towards the later.I feel like if he did intend self harm, he would have driven away, and not walked away barefoot close by. The best case scenario he needed some away time, and he will be found safe.

Last edited:
APR 1, 2024
Senior Office Jennifer Collier with CCPD Public Information Office said there’s a lot of information that cannot be publicly released...

According to police, they have ruled out Caleb's friends, roommates, family, and Uber driver as potential suspects.

How and why are they involved?

I am leaning away from intentional self harm. He was playing with a puppy, ordered Uber eats, and was walking around without shoes on, and left his truck and gun behind. It does not look like he planned a mission. He could have met the wrong person and things went sidewards, or decided he needed some fresh air, took off and had some accidental misadventure. I am leaning towards the later.I feel like if he did intend self harm, he would have driven away, and not walked away barefoot close by. The best case scenario he needed some away time, and he will be found safe.
Respectfully, MOO, I got to a different place with this. My hope is for closure and for factual evidence of whatever outcome has arisen for his parents. Agree totally with those posters who have noted the truly excellent and active responses of his family.

APR 1, 2024
Senior Office Jennifer Collier with CCPD Public Information Office said there’s a lot of information that cannot be publicly released...

According to police, they have ruled out Caleb's friends, roommates, family, and Uber driver as potential suspects.

How and why are they involved?

Oh my. Uhhh, well... I always think of US Marshals being involved in human trafficking, or endangered children (not generally missing adults), S/A fugitives, or they are involved in hunting Federal criminals.

It's possible they are assisting with Federal search warrants (geo-fencing, etc).

I'm on iffy-footing now.

I’m going to take the unpopular opinion here and say I think he’s in the water due to self-harm.

Just because someone is making future plans, as we know on this forum, does not mean they are not depressed or masking. The reason I asked upthread if he and his friends had been drinking is because I know how the highs and lows of drinking work. His dad is reassured because Caleb was texting him during the evening talking about fishing lures, but that could be the “high” of alcohol (if they were drinking). How many of you have gone out drinking and made “drunk plans” never to do the things you all discussed the night you were drunk? Alcohol is fun…at first. But the withdrawal from alcohol after the evening is over, especially if you’re already depressed (I’m not saying Caleb was), is terrible. It’s a depressant and it typically leaves you feeling worse than before you drank. It feels like the world and all your life decisions come crashing down on you. It’s very heavy.

I know there is a lot of assumption on my part that he and his friends were drinking, but I’m making that assumption based on a group of college kids that are of legal age to drink, living in an off-campus apartment in a college town. Not to mention they were up and outside extremely late at night/early in the morning. What else would they be doing? Studying? lol

I don’t think he was hit by a car (there would be some evidence) and I definitely don’t think he was abducted; what would the motive be? To me, the only explanation is, he walked off on his own accord.
I watched his family on a channel this morning, Im sure I heard dad say they have gone over that water with divers and everything. He also said the day he disappeared it had only 1 foot of water. It was a you tube Channel,. I remember because I was thinking " if there is only 1 foot of water in that canal, wonder why they needed a diver" maybe only that deep in spots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member