TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my. Uhhh, well... I always think of US Marshals being involved in human trafficking, or endangered children (not generally missing adults), S/A fugitives, or they are involved in hunting Federal criminals.

It's possible they are assisting with Federal search warrants (geo-fencing, etc).

I'm on iffy-footing now.
“If there is something you can say to him right now, what would that be?” asked Barajas.

“That we love him, and that he needs to do everything he can do to fight to get out of this situation that he’s in and come home,” said Becky Harris, Caleb’s mother.

couple that with his dad’s words and certain agencies involved…. Idk what to think…

Oh my. Uhhh, well... I always think of US Marshals being involved in human trafficking, or endangered children (not generally missing adults), S/A fugitives, or they are involved in hunting Federal criminals.

It's possible they are assisting with Federal search warrants (geo-fencing, etc).

I'm on iffy-footing now.
will geo fencing still locate you if your phone Is off? I bet LE has that ability.

I watched his family on a channel this morning, Im sure I heard dad say they have gone over that water with divers and everything. He also said the day he disappeared it had only 1 foot of water. It was a you tube Channel,. I remember because I was thinking " if there is only 1 foot of water in that canal, wonder why they needed a diver" maybe only that deep in spots?
Pardon my ignorance on the area… but is it possible he met someone via a boat? As in someone pulled up with a boat?
I’m assuming not in the drainage canal, but the bay?
So far we know there were two cars going in and out of the complex at that time… Uber and the kid exiting and going to work in SA.
But what about boats?
I always go barefoot when I know I’m getting on the boat.

“If there is something you can say to him right now, what would that be?” asked Barajas.

“That we love him, and that he needs to do everything he can do to fight to get out of this situation that he’s in and come home,” said Becky Harris, Caleb’s mother.

couple that with his dad’s words and certain agencies involved…. Idk what to think…
Im sorry for so many questions I'm a little behind in this case. What certain agencies are involved? If you can say.

Pardon my ignorance on the area… but is it possible he met someone via a boat?
I’m assuming not in the drainage canal, but the bay?
So far we know there were two cats going in and out… Uber and the kid exiting and going to work in SA.
But what about boats.
I always go barefoot when I know I’m getting on the boat.
I wish I was more familiar with the area.

I’ve only just realised how close CC really is to the Mexican border. Is Mexico easy enough to reach if say, you had a kayak or small boat? Here’s a scenario: CH was involved in something to make a bit of extra money (taking small quantities of drugs or something else across the border or moving them up the coast to the next checkpoint for a smuggler). There was a meet up to transfer cash, drugs, discuss the plan, and something went wrong or CH realised he was in over his head and ran for his safety. All JMO but trying to think of one explanation for involvement of the US Marshals Service.

Are there any felons living in the apartments or escapees? Maybe he could be held in an apartment that's being used as a drug house to store drugs. Maybe someone thought he was snooping around where he shouldn't be at 3 AM. Any sex offenders in the complex? Maybe he ran into trouble, wrong place, wrong time. MOO

Are there any felons living in the apartments or escapees? Maybe he could be held in an apartment that's being used as a drug house to store drugs. Maybe someone thought he was snooping around where he shouldn't be at 3 AM. Any sex offenders in the complex? Maybe he ran into trouble, wrong place, wrong time. MOO

It does seem like Caleb came from a pretty sheltered background ( I mean that in a good way) and might have been way too trusting or easily caught off guard— especially after 3 am on a very foggy night.

It does seem like Caleb came from a pretty sheltered background ( I mean that in a good way!) and might have been way too trusting or easily caught off guard— especially after 3 am on a very foggy night.
I agree. It doesn't seem to me that he would be involved in any illegal activity. 30 vacant apartments is a lot of vacancies. Maybe they lowered their standards for the type of tenants they allow to get rental income necessary to manage the property. I wonder how thorough of a search LE did searching all the apartments. MOO

I agree. It doesn't seem to me that he would be involved in any illegal activity. 30 vacant apartments is a lot of vacancies. Maybe they lowered their standards for the type of tenants they allow to get rental income necessary to manage the property. I wonder how thorough of a search LE did searching all the apartments. MOO
For some reason I thought it was exclusively student housing? Am I way off base there? Definitely agree 30 vacancies seems like a lot. I hope they did search all those vacant apartments— great thinking.

Editing to add— it does look like anyone can live there— wow. So not quite the secure enclave I envisioned…

FAQs:

What are your application requirements?​

Anyone is able to apply

Last edited:
I’m thinking he may have been assaulted in the parking lot and put inside a dumpster. I have not read that law enforcement has checked local landfills or pick up schedules, etc. if he didn’t leave by vehicle, he left in something else.

I haven't read through this thread and don't know a lot about the case, but I did listen to the Nancy Grace podcast episode with Caleb's Dad. I could've sworn it was mentioned that the Organized Crime Unit is involved.

Could Caleb have met with foul play during what he thought would be a quick transaction or meeting? Maybe he thought he was hopping in and out of a car for a brief exchange, but was driven somewhere instead. Robbery, revenge, paranoia, etc. could be motives.

I don't mean to offend anyone or imply that Caleb was involved with that sort of thing, but does anyone know why Organized Crime is investigating? Were there security cameras surrounding the area?

Im sorry for so many questions I'm a little behind in this case. What certain agencies are involved? If you can say.

“The investigative team, formed during the first days of the search, continues to meet daily to share information from the previous day’s efforts, discuss possible leads, and plot the course of the investigation. The team consists of Investigators from the Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division and Organized Crime Unit, the FBI, the Texas Rangers, and the United States Marshals Service, along with three Forensic Computer Examiners, and one civilian crime analyst.”
(Bolded by me)

Corpus Christi Police Dept FB

“The investigative team, formed during the first days of the search, continues to meet daily to share information from the previous day’s efforts, discuss possible leads, and plot the course of the investigation. The team consists of Investigators from the Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division and Organized Crime Unit, the FBI, the Texas Rangers, and the United States Marshals Service, along with three Forensic Computer Examiners, and one civilian crime analyst.”
(Bolded by me)

Corpus Christi Police Dept FB
Wow!! Thats not very common is it? for a missing person? Maybe Dylan Rounds? Thats a pretty impressive list. Why so many ? what does that tell us? Im in canada we dont have all those organizations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members