TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who saw him last at 2:45?
Are they all students in the house?
Is it OK for him to be up in the middle of the night, on a school day?
Someone else was also up in the house in the middle of the night?

Who is telling the story with the dog and him leaving the house?
Who saw him doing that?
Is everything OK with all roommates and life in the house??
Caleb’s apartment is part of off-campus student housing, so yes his roommates are other students.

I’ve been wondering the same in regards to who actually saw him early Monday morning, not sure where that info came from (came home, took dog for a brief walk, took dog back and then left again). Was he seen on security cameras? Actually seen by a roommate, or another student that lives nearby? Also where the info comes from on Caleb not having shoes on. I heard his father talking about all of this in an interview but no comment on how he knows this.

I also saw that LE had 2 dogs that were trained to detect human remains but no mention if they had other search dogs to try to detect where he actually went after leaving the apartment.

Of course would be very interested to learn what he was doing that Sunday. Lots of questions. . .

Around the clothing, the belt, the tie, no shoes, the dog out, the food in the middle of the night.
Was he rising up or was he going to sleep?
Is it out of the ordinary or is it regular way of life for him as a student?
Not sure if it is relevant or not but wondering if he was beginning his day (Monday's clothing, early morning routine if not unusual for him), or was he still up from previous day, (clothing from Sunday, last things to check to be ready later in the morning, still in Sunday night mood and also not unusual to him)

Around the clothing, the belt, the tie, no shoes, the dog out, the food in the middle of the night.
Was he rising up or was he going to sleep?
Is it out of the ordinary or is it regular way of life for him as a student?
Not sure if it is relevant or not but wondering if he was beginning his day (Monday's clothing, early morning routine if not unusual for him), or was he still up from previous day, (clothing from Sunday, last things to check to be ready later in the morning, still in Sunday night mood and also not unusual to him)
Definitely a lot of unanswered questions and statements that were made. Originally I assumed that he was just coming home but now it’s equally as possible that he could have been home and just got up to take his dog out. I’ve heard that final exams were this week, so possibly up late (or up early) to study. Taking the dog out so early and then going back outside right afterwards makes me wonder if he wasn’t planning on being back for awhile and was making sure the dog would be okay until he returned

The food delivery issue also not clear. I interpreted his father’s statement that the food order was for Monday’s lunch and would be delivered around that time, but college kids also order late night food deliveries so there’s that possibility

Very puzzled by LE stating they were looking for “shoes, belt, tie”

I wonder if Caleb had a 2nd phone. If so, I hope a friend knew about it and that friend is talking to LE.

At this point, I just can't see Caleb walking away from his life by his own choice. But, who and why someone would harm him... I don't know.

Also where the info comes from on Caleb not having shoes on. I heard his father talking about all of this in an interview but no comment on how he knows this.

(Snipped) from here ‘Please pray’: College student from New Braunfels reported missing in Corpus Christi

“At about 2:58 a.m. is when his cell phone either died or was turned off,” said Randall. “The last video we saw of him he was barefoot. He was wearing a white button-down shirt with teal pants.”

---

The phone being off within 15 minutes of his last known whereabouts is somewhat alarming.

No shoes meant that he did not intend to go very far? but where was he going.

I lived in this area last year and know it well. I actually used to use the dumpsters at those apartments to throw away bulk items. The apartments are fairly new, but not very nice from the outside. They are a bit secluded with another complex next to it, but a lot of open field around and the start of the bay not far up the road. I'm curious of this video, <modsnip> Walking from the apt complex that far, barefooted would not be feasible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sadly think that many of the circumstances lead me to believe Caleb was either setting up a disappearance or end to his life.

Here is what doesn’t make sense to me.
1. Why have “snacks” delivered in the first place? This to me means not food, but chips or something to go with. The convenience store is literally 1/2 a mile away. Either he was too incapacitated to drive or? The Cottages at Corpus Christi to Circle K

2. Why tie and belt missing? If he’s not been found with those items, then a pretty awful indicator of what could be done with them.

3. Why would someone take a young man? This literally does not happen normally.

4. Texting pics of lures to use the next day seems odd. Is that a normal occurrence, or not? If not, can we see it as setting the stage to leave one way or the other?

I’m reminded of another case I followed recently of a college student who apparently needed to check out awhile and went missing to be found states away and unwilling to make contact with family. Good kid from strong family. Valedictorian. It happens. 'We know something is wrong:' Family of missing Virginia Tech student speaking out
Linking posts for references.

There is a lot of water very near The Cottages. If he wasn't impaired, I don't see why he wouldn't just go back in with his food. There was about a half hour before his phone was shut off or quit working, but does that look to be enough time to get over to the gulf?

I thought his father said in an interview that he was ordering food from a convenience store for lunch the next day? here:

I lived in this area last year and know it well. I actually used to use the dumpsters at those apartments to throw away bulk items. The apartments are fairly new, but not very nice from the outside. They are a bit secluded with another complex next to it, but a lot of open field around and the start of the bay not far up the road. I'm curious of this video, <modsnip>Walking from the apt complex that far, barefooted would not be feasible.
Exactly. Would it be possible for Caleb to walk even a mile at night barefoot? And more miles and go so far away?
IMO Should he be around the Complex or not very far?
Is it OK with him to go outside barefoot? (Did some search and found that many are pretty proud to do that all the time, even in the city.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I sadly think that many of the circumstances lead me to believe Caleb was either setting up a disappearance or end to his life.

1. Why have “snacks” delivered in the first place? This to me means not food, but chips or something to go with. The convenience store is literally 1/2 a mile away. Either he was too incapacitated to drive or? The Cottages at Corpus Christi to Circle K

2. Why tie and belt missing? If he’s not been found with those items, then a pretty awful indicator of what could be done with them.

3. Why would someone take a young man? This literally does not happen normally.

4. Texting pics of lures to use the next day seems odd. Is that a normal occurrence, or not? If not, can we see it as setting the stage to leave one way or the other?

I’m reminded of another case I followed recently of a college student who apparently needed to check out awhile and went missing to be found states away and unwilling to make contact with family. Good kid from strong family. Valedictorian. It happens. 'We know something is wrong:' Family of missing Virginia Tech student speaking out
Linking posts for references.

Your thoughts could be correct. I've been wrong about self-harm cases in the past... one really never knows what's truly going on in a person's heart/mind.

not gonna lie, when I was living on campus (most recently 2 years ago) I abused the heck out of doordash, I would order food when the restaurant was down the street o_O mostly because I was greasy ugly in pajamas etc and didnt want to go outside. This case is unusual, but this bit isn't unusual to me.

What explains the last sighting being at DAWN Monday morning? About 2:30 in on this video.

Wondering why LE is still closed lips about video from this gentleman in the news report.
And all the others following this one?
And always no clues?
They usually use them to communicate new information about the case.
But nothing really new from LE since day one, no comments about PI or anything else.
This silence about videos is bugging me on day five.

not gonna lie, when I was living on campus (most recently 2 years ago) I abused the heck out of doordash, I would order food when the restaurant was down the street o_O mostly because I was greasy ugly in pajamas etc and didnt want to go outside. This case is unusual, but this bit isn't unusual to me.
I do understand that, but am curious, would you ever use it for snacks from a convenience store?

If I am the detective, or family, I am begging friends and acquaintances to tell the hard truths. Tell them the good, bad, the ugly. Was Caleb struggling with anything? Was he dabbling in anything? Did he feel isolated, or left out? Did he use dating apps of any kind? Did he tend to smoke or drink outside or with a neighbor? Could that be why he wanted snacks?

Linking his socials.

There have been discrepancies in one issue which to me would point the investigation in different directions - I initially heard on the news that Caleb took the dog out for a brief walk (according to the times that his father stated), brought the dog back to his apartment then immediately went back outside. Now I’m hearing that the father is saying Caleb took the dog out and the dog returned to the apartment alone.

Hoping the videos that a few locals are sharing will lead LE to a theory in his disappearance. That very well may be happening right now but they’re keeping very tight lipped about it. From the start there has been a huge LE presence

I am coming to the point of believing this is self harm or substance issues because if it was abduction or violence LE would be warning/reassuring others in the complex as to their safety.
The way everything in the way of information has totally shut down has me thinking that this is private and personal and the family would like it to be that way. MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona