Found Deceased TX - Carey Parker, 23, Quinlan, 17 Mar 1991 *found in 2021*

I would like to thank the family of Carey Mae Parker for having the persistence and drive to keep pushing forward to find answers in the disappearance of their family member,” Sheriff Terry Jones said in a statement. “It was a privilege for the sheriff’s office to be able to work with the family and Adventures with Purpose to come one step closer to bringing closure to this case, which has been needed for many years.”
upload_2021-2-10_13-29-44.png
Carey Mae Parker, her ex-boyfriend Cody Singer and her three childrenBrandy Hathcock
The sheriff’s office received a call at 5:43 p.m. Thursday, February 4, from a private search and recovery team stating that they had located a vehicle in Lake Tawakoni near the causeway on FM 751, according to the release.

Hunt County Sheriff Terry Jones and investigators from the department responded to the scene where they learned the search and recovery team was using sonar equipment and discovered a vehicle in the lake.

Carey’s sister, Patricia Gager, told Dateline in 2018, that Carey had been planning her son’s birthday when she disappeared.

upload_2021-2-10_13-30-19.png
Hunt County Sheriff's Department
When Carey didn’t show up to her son’s party, her family grew concerned. Patricia told Dateline that their father told a constable friend that Carey was missing, and that constable was supposed to have filed a missing persons report in 1991 in Hunt County. But after not hearing anything, Patricia filed a missing persons report herself in Terrell, Texas a few months later.

It wasn’t until 2010 that Patricia discovered that Terrell Police had initially taken Carey’s report down as a “welfare check,” rather than a “missing person” report. And when Patricia checked with Hunt County officials about the report her father’s constable friend had supposedly filed, she says she was told there was no record of a missing persons report for her sister.
Car of missing Texas woman found in lake 30 years after disappearance

It sounds like Adventures with Purpose is doing some really good work!! This part really struck me. I’m glad her family now has answers!

Along with the car they found a sticker stuck there by Parker’s son who is now a grown man.

“Her son actually was very into the Smurfs when he was five years old, which is when she went missing,” Schmidt said. “He was actually on scene later in the day and one of the parts that we pulled off of the vehicle had a little Smurf sticker we didn’t notice until he showed up.”

“You could see the initial wave of emotion going over them,” Adventures With Purpose’s Sam Ginn said. “You know after you know… over 25 years of wondering, 25 years of questioning, 25 years of not knowing.”

Adventures with Purpose released the video on it today:
I love watching Adventures with Purpose. They do great work and are always extremely respectful to the families of the missing. I'm glad they could get some answers for this case although it's sad that her body was not recovered with the car.

In February of 2021, the Hunt County Sheriff’s office received a call that had located a vehicle in Lake Tawakoni near the causeway on FM 751. A search and discovery team, Adventures with a Purpose, was using sonar equipment. After the recovery of the vehicle, it was identified as Parker’s 1980 Buick Skylark that went missing when she did in 1991. The vehicle was heavily deteriorated as it had been submerged upside down in 15 feet of water for an estimated 30 years. Even after recovering the vehicle, no remains were found.

Carey Mae Parker || Hunt County Cold Case - eCommerceExtra

Bringing up these post. Somehow I think this is relevant.

# 140, posted by @Lwhite2018. My sister and I have become VERY intrigued with this case. After listening to podcasts and looking at Google for information I have a few questions that maybe someone with more insight or info on the case. Her and her sister went before Feb. 21 to renew their licenses on Feb. 21, 1991 and a gray Buick skylark was impounded. The night of her disappearance someone said she left work to go straight to a party where she was seen driving down the road with a guy in his car, they came back and he came back to the party and she left in her brown Camaro. Could she have not had the money to get her car out of impound and they are looking for the wrong vehicle?

Also there were so many rumors she was killed and buried on land somewhere.

@Patricia Gager What are your thoughts on this? Don't want to bother you...maybe you have been able to go on with your life, and took it for what is seems. Totally ok.

What if it was a "making it look like"?

Carey Mae Parker – The Charley Project

Last updated September 8, 2021; details of disappearance updated.

Details of Disappearance
Parker was last seen in Quinlan, Texas on March 17, 1991. She was driving a blue and gray 1980 or 1981 Buick Skylark with Texas license plates at the time of her disappearance. She has never been heard from again.

At the time she went missing, Parker lived with friends in Quinlan and worked the night shift at Flanders PrecisionAire, an air conditioning company in Terrell, Texas. She had recently broken up with her boyfriend; their relationship was very troubled and he had reportedly threatened her.

She has three children, all of whom were under the age of six in 1991. Two of them lived with her parents, and one with their birth father, because Parker's work hours made it difficult for her to care for them. She disappeared only a few days before her son's birthday, and she had been planning a party for him. Parker left her last paycheck behind, and it was eventually mailed to her father's house. There hasn't been any activity on her driver's license since 1991.

When Parker's father found out she was missing, he told a friend who was a police constable, and the constable promised to file a missing persons report. Parker's sister also attempted to file a report with the Terrell Police Department, but the police logged it as a welfare check and not a missing persons report. It wasn't until 2010 that Parker's family found out no missing persons report had ever been filed. Her sister than filed a second police report with the Hunt County Sheriff's Office.

In February 2021, almost twenty years after Parker disappeared, her vehicle was found submerged, upside down, in fifteen feet of water in Lake Tawakoni off the 751 causeway. Authorities were not able to recover any human remains, however, and are not sure what happened to Parker. Her family believes she's deceased.

Divers find human remains during search for missing northeast Texas woman

Divers at Lake Tawakoni say they have retrieved human remains during a search for a northeast Texas woman who’s been missing since 1991.

“I can confirm that we did recover human remains today out of the remaining debris pile” from Carey Mae Parker’s car, Jared Leisek said late Friday. “We will be back in the lake tomorrow working on recovering more of the remains.”

The remains included a pelvis bone, Parker’s sister, Patricia Gager, wrote in a Facebook post.

“She will still have to be identified through DNA, but I have no other reason to believe (it’s) not her,” she added. “RIP Carey Mae. I love you so much!”

I just saw on The Charley Project that Carey's remains were found last month. (I can't believe I missed this) Sending prayers to her family, and happy they can finally have some closure.
Carey Mae Parker – The Charley Project
I just saw this too! I had no idea. I'm glad that her family knows now.

Rest peacefully now Carey.

Hunt County Sheriff issues statement on closing of Carey Mae Parker missing persons investigation​

The Herald Banner, Greenville, Texas
Wed, June 1, 2022, 9:52 PM·1 min read

Jun. 1—The Hunt County Sheriff's Office has released a statement concerning the closing of a missing persons investigation for Carey Mae Parker, who disappeared in 1991:
In February of 2021, the Hunt County Sheriff's Office was notified that the search and recovery team Adventures with a Purpose located a vehicle in Lake Tawakoni near the causeway on FM 751 using sonar equipment. After the recovery of the vehicle, it was identified as missing person Carey Mae Parker's 1980 Buick Skylark that went missing the same day she did in 1991. After the recovery, the vehicle was thoroughly searched and no remains were found inside. In October of 2021 Adventures with a Purpose along with the Hunt County Sheriff's Office returned to the FM 751 causeway to conduct another search for Parker's remains. The dive team located human remains in the area where the vehicle was recovered. The Hunt County Sheriff's Office delivered the remains to the University of North Texas Health Science Center for Human Identification (UNTCHI) in Fort Worth for DNA testing.
On Tuesday, May 24, 2022 the Hunt County Sheriff's Office received a Missing Persons DNA Report from UNTCHI in reference to Carey Mae Parker. It was confirmed that the remains that were recovered in October were those of Parker.
The Hunt County Sheriff's Office again, would like to express their appreciation to the Adventures with a Purpose crew for the hard work and hours spent on this recovery. This thirty-one year old missing person case will now be closed. The Hunt County Sheriff's Office will continue to pray for Carey Parkers family to have comfort and closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back