TX - Central Texas Flash Floods leave missing and deceased victims, May 2015

Just what you need, hurricanes on top of this mess? Sure hope not. Be safe and take no chances, friends.

''COLFAX, La. (AP) -- Louisiana State Police say 113 people were rescued from an all-terrain vehicle park in central Louisiana after a temporary private levee broke, trapping festival-goers on high ground.''

http://www.ktbs.com/story/29320655/levee-breaks-floods-louisiana-atv-park-113-evacuated

ETA So we are nowhere dried out enough from the previous rain and here comes more and you might not think that parks in LA matter but the fact is the TX rains have filled all the rivers heading that way so all t he rain here eventually went ' downstream' and into LA . So even if all of the tropical rain is in TX's borders , it will affect both states and probably OK , too.

DFW Scanner
1 min ·
A Flash Flood WATCH has been issued for all of north Texas, including the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, from Tuesday morning to Thursday evening in preparation for Tropical Storm Bill. More details have been posted on the DFW Scanner mobile app, free for Apple & Android devices.

Holy moly, you all better be super prepared and stay safe! I don't even know what to say .... just so Aston ding and unrelentless.

We dodged a bullet (so far) today. Were supposed to have heavy thunderstorms beginning at 4 pm, then moved to 5, then one weird sunshower actually happened, then nothing since.

Please pray that we don't get anymore. The river is still rising and folks are losing their homes. And the bayous are kind of stinky once they swell up into the streets.

Forecast for the week is dismal, though. We are really watching the river while holding our collective breath.

EllieBee, you be prepared to leave in an instant should the need to go happens. I pray you and your family/friends/loved ones/neighbors all stay safe. All my WS peeps .... be prepared and take no chances. It will be devastating enough should anyone lose any material possessions. but your lives are far more important.

Pack up anything (including meds) you would need should you have to go and have it ready to pick up on your way. A change of clothes, undies, toothbrushes, etc. Be prepared for power outages, too --- candles, water, easy to eat foods ((crackers, cheese, raw veggies/fruits, etc). Need I add more? Don't wait until it is necessary, as it may be too late then.

Prayers, hopes, and hugs for all.

BREAKING: Hays County Advisory: Weather Situation Update
06-15-2015 9:25 PM
http://smcorridornews.com/news/1391/breaking-hays-county-advisory-weather-situation-update.html
Hays County elected officials and department heads are monitoring a weather situation that could lead to additional rainfall this week due to a system in the Gulf of Mexico expected to head inland.
Flood gauges along the Blanco River that were damaged by the Memorial Weekend floods have been replaced by authorities and additional volunteer rain monitoring points in the county will provide information about rainfall in specific areas. The Hays County Transportation Department has pre-set barricades at specific locations in order to quickly barricade flooded areas.
Residents and visitors are also encouraged to register for emergency notifications via landline, email and cell phone via the icon at www.co.hays.tx.us.

Search efforts along the Blanco River to locate two children missing from the Memorial Day Weekend flooding continue. On Sunday, 16 canine teams participated in the search effort along with multiple other search teams. Severe weather could impact search efforts; decisions about the movement of teams and heavy equipment will be made as weather indicates.

It has to be bad out there. We are hearing the weather for Texas again on our local channels.

KateB... thank you for the update on the missing children. At least they are still trying to find them, but this weather has to be hampering search efforts, too.

Be safe, peeps

Hi all, just checking in..

I'm a Texas filly, only 20 minutes inland from Galveston Tx,,tropical storm Bill is just now starting to hit..crossing fingers,

its starting to get nasty..been thru many a hurricane and tropical storm in my 50 yrs..riding it out...my concern is the flooding..we are already saturated from previous flooding..:gaah:

Oh my gosh. Ima ..... you are braver than I can imagine. It sounds terrible your way. Please be well and safe! Check in when you can, please.

It has to be bad out there. We are hearing the weather for Texas again on our local channels.

KateB... thank you for the update on the missing children. At least they are still trying to find them, but this weather has to be hampering search efforts, too.

Be safe, peeps

Honestly, as gruesome as it sounds, some additional rain may dislodge trees and things and finally reveal the resting places of the missing. :(

We dodged a bullet (so far) today. Were supposed to have heavy thunderstorms beginning at 4 pm, then moved to 5, then one weird sunshower actually happened, then nothing since.

Please pray that we don't get anymore. The river is still rising and folks are losing their homes. And the bayous are kind of stinky once they swell up into the streets.

Forecast for the week is dismal, though. We are really watching the river while holding our collective breath.

Please put your valuables you love and any important items you need into your car now, so if you do have to go in a hurry you can just go ! And another hot tip, I use during tornado season, keep your shoes on your feet at all times :)

ETA You too, Imawitch. That way no last minute grabs of the family photos.

Pete Delkus, www.wfaa.com , meterologist

Pete Delkus
17 mins ·
Here's a post from the National Weather Service. Gives the situation some perspective.
TROPICAL STORM BILL WILL BRING MAJOR FLOODING AND TORNADOES TO
NORTH AND CENTRAL TEXAS...
IN MY 26 YEAR CAREER IN NORTH TEXAS...THIS IS THE SECOND TIME TO
WITNESS A MAJOR RAIN EVENT WHILE AREA LAKES ARE FILLED TO CAPACITY. THE LAST TIME WAS MAY OF 1990...AND IT PRODUCED SIGNIFICANT FLOODING THROUGHOUT A LARGE PORTION OF THE REGION.
DALLAS TRINITY PEAKED AT 47.10 FEET ON MAY 3...WHICH IS THE SECOND HIGHEST PEAK AFTER MAY OF 1908 (52.60 FEET).
NOT TO SAY THAT THIS EVENT WILL EXCEED THE ABOVE LEVELS...BUT WE FEEL THIS EVENT WILL PRODUCE WIDESPREAD 3-6 INCHES WITH SOME LOCATIONS RECEIVING 6-12 INCHES BEFORE ENDING. AREA
LAKES...ESPECIALLY ON THE TRINITY...WILL EXPERIENCE INFLOWS THAT FAR EXCEED THEIR RELEASE POTENTIAL...THUS FORCING MANY RIVERS BACK
INTO MAJOR FLOOD FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK AND INTO NEXT WEEK.
WITH SUCH HEAVY RAINFALL FORECAST ALONG AND EAST OF THE I-35 CORRIDOR THROUGH THURSDAY...WIDESPREAD FLASH FLOODING IS ALSO EXPECTED.
ANOTHER THREAT FROM THIS TROPICAL SYSTEM WILL BE TROPICAL TORNADOES. THIS THREAT WILL INCREASE DURING THE AFTERNOON HOURS WITH A LARGER THREAT DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS AS THE REMNANTS
OF BILL MOVE NORTHWARD JUST WEST OF I-35.

Friends remember Charba with island memorial
http://www.caller.com/news/local-news/friends-remember-charba-with-island-memorial_82595218
CORPUS CHRISTI - About 50 anglers boarded 18 skiffs to erect what they hope will be a lasting and living memorial to Randy Charba overlooking one of the fallen fisherman’s favorite flats.
Among the stories swapped during the event, one was repeated involving an exchange between Charba and his pastor some years ago. It seems the Charba family had missed a couple of Sunday services, which earned Charba a good-natured ribbing from the reverend. Charba’s charm and wit combined in this response.

“I’ve got a much better chance of finding God from the front of a boat than I do of finding a redfish in church,” he said with an unapologetic grin.

Video of JT Van Zandt singing one of his father's (Townes Van Zandt) songs & more at link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back