TX TX - Chase Lackey, 25, Houston, 2 July 2017

There has been some local coverage in the past few days. They went to the media to ask for help.

Foul play suspected after Houston man vanished last summer

Deputies seek help finding Harris County man missing since last year

From the first article:

“[SBM]

According to Texas EquuSearch, which is also working to find him, Lackey was outside to walk his dog.

Authorities say they strongly suspect foul play. They also believe that Chase may have been associating with people involved in illegal activity, leading to his disappearance.

Officials searched his apartment. His truck and all of his belongings were still there.

‘We would just really like everyone to take a look at the photos and if anyone knows anything at all, high or small. You may not think it will help, but it may be the key to bringing Chase back,’ said his father Craig Lackey.

[SBM]”

From the second article:

“[SBM]

By all accounts, investigators said, Lackey was living a normal life. He was last seen July 1 and went missing the next day from his home in the 6100 block of South Sam Houston Parkway.

According to HCSO Lt. J.D. Philpot, there may have been foul play involved, but he wouldn't release many details as to why detectives believe that.

‘I'm not going to go into specifics, but there was a few individuals that we know prior to his disappearance that he may have been associating with,’ Philpot said. ‘I don't know the length of the detail about those friendships but we have since learned that a few of those individuals were doing some illegal things.’

Investigators categorized Lackey's disappearance as suspicious because all of his belongings were left at his home, including his vehicle. His dog, however, went missing along with Lackey.

[SBM]”

Good to see that the family seems to be opening up more. Also very happy to hear that TES is helping.

maybe the family was threatened or terrified of the people he was dealing with, and that's why they chose to stay quiet about their missing son. <modsnip> but that's moo.

i will add, just for another idea, a friend of mine was recently found dead and ruled a suicide. shot through the heart. bc it was labelled a suicide, there has not been one word of her passing anywhere to be found on social media, amongst friends + family, or in any online papers. (this is in the deep south). my assumption has been, over the last few weeks since i've been searching for info, that her family did not want any kind of announcement due to religious beliefs or social judgment. (i do not agree with this at all, but not my place to judge. i just know how it is in the south.) however, i learned a couple of days ago they are opening a case to investigate her death! i now believe her friends and family did not and do not want the details leaked until they have more answers, and everyone that was in her circle has obliged that request. i hope this is the same kind of situation that perhaps chase's family was dealing with. maybe it's more about respect (for chase) and fear than it is about them not caring about their family member and doing everything possible to find him.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gardener1850 Thank you for all you do on websleuths. I can’t begin to tell you how appreciative I am for you, and for all the threads you create on here, the updates, and new information you post. I’m always thinking this, but haven’t really said it. Anyway, thank you, thank you!

I’m praying for Chase, those who love him, and for some answers.

I wish Disappeared would do an episode on this kid.
Agreed. 20/20, Dateline, anyone with an audience. I listened to the podcast though and seems LE isn’t giving any details because of the investigation. His Twitter is the other side of his personality from Facebook. There is something he mentions about if his life is like a book, you would need a black light to see the real story. He was definitely into something.

lackey_chase5.jpg

To resummarize and bump this case up again. There are numerous other photos on his Charley Project page, including some of his tattoos.

Chase Allen Lackey – The Charley Project

Chase Lackey has been missing since
07/02/2017 from Houston, Texas

He was 25 years-old and would now be 28-years-old.

He is 5'10, 150 pounds

He is a Caucasian male, brown hair, brown eyes. He has several tattoos including a words across his upper chest and shoulders, a Bible verse on one arm, a skull on the other arm, an Asian character on his side, and a tattoo on his left wrist.

He went to take his small white dog, Champ, for a walk at his apartment complex in the 6200 block of east Sam Houston Parkway close to Wallisville Road and the Beltway, and has never been heard from again.
Authorities believe foul play was involved in his case.

Investigating Agency is
Harris County Sheriff's Office 713-221-6000

I think his family clearly loves him dearly and just wants him back, and I haven't even seen the Facebook group. There are many photos of him available, including some of his tattoos, his dog. Someone took the time to make sure all of that is out there.
In comparison, I just posted on a case in which no photo of the missing man is available. (Not blaming that family because some people don't want their photo taken -- but it stands out.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinabina
Back