GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #11 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wants to make himself look suspicious than he can do that.

If that were me, I'd be shouting from the rooftops that I'm innocent and I'm going to prove it.

jmo

and how would you go about proving it?

MOD NOTE: Leave the Facebook garbage on Facebook. DO NOT bring it to this forum.

FINAL WARNING. TO's will follow without further notice.

If you read about a scheduled search or a vigil; or if you read a new development on a LE or MSM FB page, you can LINK to it. Everything else is rumor, OFF LIMITS, and will buy you a vacation from posting.

Yesterday I made a mistake by thinking the reward had been $25,000 for some time.

Christina went missing around 4:00 a.m., August 30, 2014. The reward history is ~

Sept. 09, $-5,000.
Sept. 20, $-5,000.
Oct...09, $10,000.
Oct...20, $25,000.

For the record. :)

Whoa! I'm flabbergasted LE would say that. Does that mean they do have evidence she walked away on her own volition?
How can they make such a definitive proclamation. That seems so irresponsible to me.
No evidence a crime was committed and no crime are vastly different.
This is not splitting hairs, but the wording has probably been taken out of context and is, thus, a mis-quote.

They have said "no evidence a crime has been committed".
Jmo

Whoa! I'm flabbergasted LE would say that. Does that mean they do have evidence she walked away on her own volition?
How can they make such a definitive proclamation. That seems so irresponsible to me.
No evidence a crime was committed and no crime are vastly different.
This is not splitting hairs, but the wording has probably been taken out of context and is, thus, a mis-quote.

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...cle_ce2bf542-58a8-11e4-b735-67243bf0c543.html

We have not been able to obtain any evidence that a crime has been committed, so we are simply looking for a missing person.

Splitting hair. No evidence means no crime and will until such evidence presents itself. It isn't sanitized for convenience.

“From the onset, we always investigate these things as a criminal investigation. We have not been able to obtain any evidence that a crime has been committed, so we are simply looking for a missing person. If you have no crime, you have no suspect. Until we can develop information and evidence, we won’t develop any suspects. People can have their own beliefs and their own opinions, but we don’t work under those guidelines. We have to work our cases based on evidence, and that’s it.”

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...cle_ce2bf542-58a8-11e4-b735-67243bf0c543.html

BBM

Respectfully, the truth often is sanitized. We cannot take these declarations at face value: there is typically more to the story than LE is willing to share with the public and very often for good reasons. They may not have evidence, but may have leads they are pursuing. They may have undeclared persons of interest who they are hoping to trip up, working on the old adage, "Give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves". My father was a criminal attorney and later a judge. He always told us to question authority. I do and he was right. We always should be looking around, under, over and behind bold, authoritative statements. It's called critical thinking and quickly becoming a lost skill in our society.

“If this does turn out to be a criminal offense, we don’t want somebody to walk away and not be held responsible for their actions because we let information out,” he said. “The people who need to know the inside details on this are the detectives working the case.

http://ihavevanished.com/tag/texas-eqqusearch/

Exactly, and the actions of the family are doing the exact opposite of what this says. Suppose EA is telling the truth? The person that might have information is not likely to come forward now for fear of the family targeting them! Just saying.

“If this does turn out to be a criminal offense, we don’t want somebody to walk away and not be held responsible for their actions because we let information out,” he said. “The people who need to know the inside details on this are the detectives working the case.

http://ihavevanished.com/tag/texas-eqqusearch/

http://www.nbcdfw.com/investigation...ng-Service-Under-New-Ownership-233533361.html

This article is about a dating service where unsatisfied clients placed a class-action lawsuit.

My questions are, why doesn't every person pay the same fee for the service and what happens if someone does meet their match, do they have to pay the service monthly fees forever? How long are the contracts?

The timing of CM's disappearance, from what we know, doesn't seem to match up with her work schedule but it is easy to imagine some very angry clients.

Respectfully, the truth often is sanitized. We cannot take these declarations at face value: there is typically more to the story than LE is willing to share with the public and very often for good reasons. They may not have evidence, but may have leads they are pursuing. They may have undeclared persons of interest who they are hoping to trip up, working on the old adage, "Give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves". My father was a criminal attorney and later a judge. He always told us to question authority. I do and he was right. We always should be looking around, under, over and behind bold, authoritative statements. It's called critical thinking and quickly becoming a lost skill in our society.
Personally, I agree with you. However, on this site and for the purpose of keeping things straight as to what is factual information and what we are allowed to post or discuss...we go with what LE states without speculation of what they could mean or taking it out of context.

I'm dumb I guess. What does BBM mean on a post?

I think back to blackberry messenger.

He was not truthful?? I have not seen any report from the PPD saying he is not truthful in one instance.
IMHO based on what I see and gut is he told the LE the truth as he knows it.
If LE has alternate information of falsehoods then I am sure they will issue a a new or correction statement.

You are correct that LE has not stated that, just the mother. I just guess I believe what the mother said & if my post needs to be removed that is fine, but we still do not know if he was truthful, just that they said he has cooperated. To me that does not mean he's been truthful. Just my opinion.

According to christina's family, He was not. I doubt they would lie about anything in this case.

jmo

exactly, Yeah by all means lets fabricate stuff about this guy to the media and get sued.... Pretty sure a lawsuit would have already been filed had the things they have said were not accurate about the walker

He was not truthful?? I have not seen any report from the PPD saying he is not truthful in one instance.
IMHO based on what I see and gut is he told the LE the truth as he knows it.
If LE has alternate information of falsehoods then I am sure they will issue a a new or correction statement.

Welcome back txyorkiemom, was wondering where ya went.

Personally, I agree with you. However, on this site and for the purpose of keeping things straight as to what is factual information and what we are allowed to post or discuss...we go with what LE states without speculation of what they could mean or taking it out of context.

We are here to speculate, to sleuth. And that's why we MOO: to distinguish fact from opinion.
WSers inadvertently Do take wording out of context as evidenced recently by the posts saying LE said No Crime was committed, when actually they had said (i'm paraphrasing here) No Evidence of a Crime has been found. Big difference. And it's up to us to read very carefully.

It is still his name as it was given to him at birth ... Here in the states we typically only use first middle last names . And honestly JMO, I can not say I blame him at this point.

Just out of curiosity, nothing I have found in terms of officially documents have stated this. How did you know that part of his name? can you share a link?

and how would you go about proving it?

Offering up vehicle for searching and forensic testing, providing clothing worn that night for inspection, offering access to cell phone data would be a good start.

Offering up vehicle for searching and forensic testing, providing clothing worn that night for inspection, offering access to cell phone data would be a good start.

Do you know that this hasn't taken place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther