GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched local news on nbc5 and there was no new news or searches aired

I should clarify. Plano Pd said on there twitter that there is no GJ hearing on this case. I am not so sure about this because I don't see why you submit evidence when you have no intent on having a hearing. BF did say that the evidence being submitted was on the inference case. This is on her Twitter. WS won't allow me to paste any links, so my apologies. I do agree with you that it is understood that a GJ indictment is for felonies and this charge is for a misdemeanor. It is confusing. LE says they won't be going to GJ on it, MSM says yes. I think it's a safe bet that they can't. But for the interference case, which they still can and proceed with they don't need Christina. That was my point. I have seen many cases file charges on the person hoping to leverage something.

Grand juries do not hear misdemeanors. So, if it's going to grand jury it is for a felony.

The police are gearing up to get whoever this is. One or more people. Grand jury talk combined with the police search today and yesterday, they have something.

The police are gearing up to get whoever this is. One or more people. Grand jury talk combined with the police search today and yesterday, they have something.

You were able to see them searching yesterday from your home correct? Can you tell if they are still out there today in that area?

You were able to see them searching yesterday from your home correct? Can you tell if they are still out there today in that area?

Wasn't from my house but Im not near there right now either. I may be that way later I'll check in if so.

Grand juries do not hear misdemeanors. So, if it's going to grand jury it is for a felony.

Correct. If you read the latest, the evidence turned over was for the inference. This is according to BRittney who stated she spoke to officer Tilley with Plano Pd.none of it adds up.

Officer Tilley puts out a lot of misleading info. He is obviously trying to keep things calm and in his control.

FYI - Those Following Connor Burrell 21yr Missing SMU Student .. Has been FOUND Unharmed :loveyou:

Officer Tilley puts out a lot of misleading info. He is obviously trying to keep things calm and in his control.
IMO, officer Tilley has the family by the short hair. Nothing ppd has done is more than the lowest level of expected performance. CM deserved(es) more.

It does seem to me like the interference case might be helpful to PPD because it may require that EA and the other witnesses testify under oath on the events of the night. I would think that the 'under oath' aspect would be a powerful truth syrum. But, if a GJ isn't used for a misdemeanor, then it IS confusing.

hmmm... EA & "under oath" is almost humorous ...

IMO, officer Tilley has the family by the short hair. Nothing ppd has done is more than the lowest level of expected performance. CM deserved(es) more.

For what it's worth, the VI's have indicated that Christina's family is happy with PPD's investigation. I'm confident they know more than they're letting on.

I believe the misdemeanor charge is being used to help them gather the info they need for when the felonies start coming down. I feel terrible for Christina's mom. I understand her overwhelming desire to stay but I also know she needs to go home. Whenever someone goes missing and their family has to travel to look for them, I always wonder, how do you decide when to return home without your loved one? Sadly life goes on. I am praying law enforcement finds something before Jonni has to leave. I think the police have a definite plan and have good reason to be searching where they are. I hope there are results sooner than later!

For what it's worth, the VI's have indicated that Christina's family is happy with PPD's investigation. I'm confident they know more than they're letting on.
I hope so. PPD has vast financial resources and I'll admit that I felt from the beginning that they were operating outside their focus and capabilities. I've hoped that I was wrong and still could be proven wrong. But, 2 1/2 months and little to show for it, CM's dedicated mom going home, and confusing statements at every turn haven't changed my opinion.

IMO, CM's family and volunteers have little choice but to support PPD. That is their lone hope for closure. At the end of the day, I think that PPD wanted to show how good they are (America's safest city....blah blah), as a result they took the path that they did. The path has been ineffective.

It does seem to me like the interference case might be helpful to PPD because it may require that EA and the other witnesses testify under oath on the events of the night. I would think that the 'under oath' aspect would be a powerful truth syrum. But, if a GJ isn't used for a misdemeanor, then it IS confusing.

I'm guess he gladly trade a perjury charge for a murder charge, and if it's about him he doesn't have to testify. As far as "others" it's possible, but I think if they are heavily involved they aren't going to be scared of a perjury charge and but maybe it will get family members to come off supporting an alibi.

I'm not sure that they have been happy with the PPD. Jonni was pretty vocal about her disgust with PPD in this interview. http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/30/missing-womans-mother-angry-at-police-possible-witness/

Of course at that time LE had already been taking a good look at EA and had searched his car, but I guess that wasn't released. I think the PPD has been doing way more than they will let on. Some things they need to keep quiet about. Especially if others are involved.

question who or what are the VIs

I'm not sure that they have been happy with the PPD. Jonni was pretty vocal about her disgust with PPD in this interview. http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/30/missing-womans-mother-angry-at-police-possible-witness/

Of course at that time LE had already been taking a good look at EA and had searched his car, but I guess that wasn't released. I think the PPD has been doing way more than they will let on. Some things they need to keep quiet about. Especially if others are involved.

It's not my opinion, it's what one of the VI's stated a few threads ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther