GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed in the clip the reporter said if they got a tip they are allowed to search out of state. Didn't someone post on here that if they cross the border that's when the FBI is then allowed to get involved? Like it has to be a multiple-state issue for them to get involved?

FBI can get involved in any case, upon request by local or state LE. The "state lines" part is no longer true, if it ever was. They help out in almost every case where I live, it seems. Jmo

Kelli Bordeaux, in NC, was missing for a long time. Her family members all live out of state. After some time, a PI got involved in the case. Up until then, and afterward, a small group of people searched endlessly for Kelli.

In the meantime, the PI carefully and repeatedly approached the suspect (a sex offender who was sent back to prison for non-registration of change of address) after he was released from prison. The PI kind of befriended the suspect. All along Kelli was buried on private property. Whoever owns the property refused searches stating liability concerns.

If the story of how Kelli was found is accurate, the PI convinced the suspect to reveal Kelli's location. The killer led the PI there and then the PI called LE.

The difference in Kelli's case is the murderer (then, suspect) had no support in the way of sustenance which allowed the PI to befriend him by offering him a meal, a ride or other small favors.

The reason I'm posting this example is to point out the private property obstacle. If EA or others (if LE decides others are involved), have access to private property, I hope LE figures out a way to search there.
In Kelli's case, her killer just took advantage and went on the property illegally. I don't recall reading he was connected to the property owner in any way. Still, I can't reconcile why the owner didn't arrange to search his own property considering he wouldn't allow the volunteers to search.

I can sort of understand a property owner not wanting volunteers to search his property, but I would hope none would deny LE searching their property .... If they did I would think it would mean they were up to something they shouldn't be.

If EA is charged with murder while Christina is still missing, he would have a year or two, IMO, before he has to worry about the point of no return as far as a deal may go. A DP case always takes a long time to prepare, much less one where the body has not been found. And they (DP trials) are expensive, LE/the state would probably be receptive to a plea. I think he would be able to wait it out until the last possible minute. Jmo

This is assuming the body is not found by searchers in the meantime. If it is found and considering this is Texas he is basically deep fried chicken.

haha hockeymom4 you must be from way up north :) down here (i'm not that far away and i don't think the climate is that different) no one has their windows open on labor day weekend it's not warm it's hot as the seventh circle of hell!!!! Last year I went to dallas to see LSU play TCU on the saturday or labor day weekend and it was 110 that day.

Otherwise you make good points although their neighbors could also be like me who would take a few days to notice one of my neighbors houses burned down.

I am not from there. I am from the Midwest. We don't get that high. We have the humidity, which is awful. I still don't understand how anyone who has air doesn't use it. My friends never put it in. They like the warmth! It could be 95 with the humidity and the have the windows open. Um, no thanks. June to Aug, air is pretty much on for us. I think the reason for the cars is because my dad was a police officer for over 30 yrs and he has it beaten in me to be aware of my surroundings. I do know that not everyone is like me though.

I do think being here has helped. I find myself checking the clock everytime I see a young child walking down the street alone, just in case. Or if I see a car driving erratically, I memorize the plate and time. I try to be observant just in case. I would hope someone would do this for me, although I feel like people are afraid to help.

I agree with this. I think the forensics came back and they know she was in the car. I think they have enough to arrest him, but are doing these searches so that they can have Christina too. I hope and pray today is the day Christina comes home. I think there is some merit to the GJ rumors, and that EA will most likely be in jail for Christmas. Now is the time for those that know anything to talk....

IF the GJ rumors/reports are true and they are putting it before a GJ jury without a body they must have A LOT on him. Otherwise why rush into this when there is more time to find the body and you only get one shot at him.

I think she's done a lot for the family and for the case and helped keep it in the news AND i'm glad she has and she should be commended....

BUT

If she is going to be taking on the topic a journalistic ethics she has to be careful about becoming to emotional involve in the story ... you can become a mouthpiece instead of a journalist. In this case I think thats what christina and her family need but she should be careful about adoption the moral high ground. To my knowledge none of the information reported yesterday was unfactual .... and i'm sure if detectives had been spotted searching a field before this it would have made the news ... since i have read a grand total of ZERO stories about that so far then all of a sudden yesterday 2 and a half month after she goes missing this .... I was born AT night but it wasn't Last night.
Yeah, I don't follow her reporting, so I don't know if she holds that standard with all of her stories, or just this one. If it's just this one, I definitely would look askance at using journalistic ethics as a pretense.

I am not from there. I am from the Midwest. We don't get that high. We have the humidity, which is awful. I still don't understand how anyone who has air doesn't use it. My friends never put it in. They like the warmth! It could be 95 with the humidity and the have the windows open. Um, no thanks. June to Aug, air is pretty much on for us. I think the reason for the cars is because my dad was a police officer for over 30 yrs and he has it beaten in me to be aware of my surroundings. I do know that not everyone is like me though.

I do think being here has helped. I find myself checking the clock everytime I see a young child walking down the street alone, just in case. Or if I see a car driving erratically, I memorize the plate and time. I try to be observant just in case. I would hope someone would do this for me, although I feel like people are afraid to help.

I think its a good thing. Another issue is i'm a man and I think sadly you guys (assuming you are female) have to grow up being way more conscience of your surroundings at all times. I only had brothers so this is something I only came to appreciate well into adulthood.

IF the GJ rumors/reports are true and they are putting it before a GJ jury without a body they must have A LOT on him. Otherwise why rush into this when there is more time to find the body and you only get one shot at him.

The case against him is for interference. So, they can do it with or without a body. The interference has already occurred. It makes no difference what they have on him in regards to Christina and evidence. That would be a different case. This case is in regards to "his story" versus what LE can prove actually happened. JMO, but LE and the DA doesn't have to prove a crime occurred for this case to charge and convict him for this.

The case against him is for interference. So, they can do it with or without a body. The interference has already occurred. It makes no difference what they have on him in regards to Christina and evidence. That would be a different case. This case is in regards to "his story" versus what LE can prove actually happened. JMO, but LE and the DA doesn't have to prove a crime occurred for this case to charge and convict him for this.

I could be wrong but I thought I read yesterday that the interference was not a felony so the GJ could not consider it. I therefore assumed the GJ was for something beyond that like kidnapping if not for murder itself. But it is very possible I misunderstood (happens a lot) or got bad information.

To clarify: When I saw officer Tilley on tv last night, he did say, IF CM is dead, but if you saw his face, it was obvious that he was trying to be sensitive to CM's Mom, so he said IF, but I am sure he meant she IS dead.
Also, he said they can search anywhere they want and other police dept's are cooperating with them, so that is not an issue. He also stated that they are looking in areas that TEXAS Equu search did not cover.

good point!

To clarify: When I saw officer Tilley on tv last night, he did say, IF CM is dead, but if you saw his face, it was obvious that he was trying to be sensitive to CM's Mom, so he said IF, but I am sure he meant she IS dead.
Also, he said they can search anywhere they want and other police dept's are cooperating with them, so that is not an issue. He also stated that they are looking in areas that TEXAS Equu search did not cover.

I wouldn't read too much into it I think he like us knows the odds of her still being alive are very remote and that probably behind his demeanor rather than proof that she is dead.

considering this is Texas he is basically deep fried chicken.

LOL, La Singe, I just spit my coffee all over my monitor. Reminds me of something Ron White would say.

I'm still so curious as to why Equusearch left so abruptly. They were here, seemed so determined, even said "we will be here until she is found!" pulled all the strings to bring in the drones (which are very expensive to run from what was reported) and then poof! a couple days later they were gone. I understand that they have other cases to deal with, but did anyone else find it odd that they left so soon after all they did to get the drones approved?
Who would request them to come back? The family? Law enforcement? How does it work, and what is their criteria for assisting or bowing out?

FYI ..For those Following Missing Teen Destiny from Dallas .She Has Been Found Safe!!!:loveyou:

I'm still so curious as to why Equusearch left so abruptly. They were here, seemed so determined, even said "we will be here until she is found!" pulled all the strings to bring in the drones (which are very expensive to run from what was reported) and then poof! a couple days later they were gone. I understand that they have other cases to deal with, but did anyone else find it odd that they left so soon after all they did to get the drones approved?
Who would request them to come back? The family? Law enforcement? How does it work, and what is their criteria for assisting or bowing out?
It did seem like one day they expressed commitment and the next day announced that they were leaving. Now, 2 1/2 months later, you have leatherfoots searching areas that Equusearch missed. They had the drones here, apparently EA already had LE's attention, why didn't they use the much ballyhoo'd drones for another couple of days? I believe EQ does wonderful work, but who/what forced them out? Was PPD so focused on 'maintaining integrity of a crime scene' that they didn't even give EQ the time of day?

I could be wrong but I thought I read yesterday that the interference was not a felony so the GJ could not consider it. I therefore assumed the GJ was for something beyond that like kidnapping if not for murder itself. But it is very possible I misunderstood (happens a lot) or got bad information.

I should clarify. Plano Pd said on there twitter that there is no GJ hearing on this case. I am not so sure about this because I don't see why you submit evidence when you have no intent on having a hearing. BF did say that the evidence being submitted was on the inference case. This is on her Twitter. WS won't allow me to paste any links, so my apologies. I do agree with you that it is understood that a GJ indictment is for felonies and this charge is for a misdemeanor. It is confusing. LE says they won't be going to GJ on it, MSM says yes. I think it's a safe bet that they can't. But for the interference case, which they still can and proceed with they don't need Christina. That was my point. I have seen many cases file charges on the person hoping to leverage something.

I should clarify. Plano Pd said on there twitter that there is no GJ hearing on this case. I am not so sure about this because I don't see why you submit evidence when you have no intent on having a hearing. BF did say that the evidence being submitted was on the inference case. This is on her Twitter. WS won't allow me to paste any links, so my apologies. I do agree with you that it is understood that a GJ indictment is for felonies and this charge is for a misdemeanor. It is confusing. LE says they won't be going to GJ on it, MSM says yes. I think it's a safe bet that they can't. But for the interference case, which they still can and proceed with they don't need Christina. That was my point. I have seen many cases file charges on the person hoping to leverage something.
It does seem to me like the interference case might be helpful to PPD because it may require that EA and the other witnesses testify under oath on the events of the night. I would think that the 'under oath' aspect would be a powerful truth syrum. But, if a GJ isn't used for a misdemeanor, then it IS confusing.

I had to go out for a bit. Did anyone ever catch what prompted this new search in this specific area ? Or is LE tight lipped? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther