GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #36 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think they have a moral responsibility to care about justice, for Christina (who has been abducted and perhaps murdered) and her parents (who are grieving and trying to find out what happened)?

I think they do. Justice that only cares about "me" and "mine" isn't true justice imo.
Why wouldn't their loyalty be with their son and not to make certain he receives the worst possible punishment? The Arochis love their son just as much as Christina's parents love her, imo. I do not think Jonni would go against Christina to throw her under the bus even if she suspected Christina was involved in a crime.

The statement of, "Justice that only cares about "me" and "mine" isn't true justice imo." makes absolutely no sense to me. Families here are fighting daily for justice for "me or mine" and do consider it true justice when everything has been taken to trial and the guilty party or parties are made to pay for the crime committed against "them or theirs".

For all we know, EA's parents have been begging him to tell the truth, or, are convinced that he has told all he knows.

Picketing EA's family is not going to help Christina's family find her. I don't believe EA's family have anything to do with this, not even to protect their son. He isn't admitting anything to them any more than he is LE. IMO EA is the only one that knows where Christina is. He certainly isn't going to admit anything to his family.
Ima

Just as much as you guys might believe that EA's family has asked EA for answers and gotten nowhere, or that EA won't be persuaded to talk by whatever effect the protests have on his family, I believe that "We just can't know what we don't know."

EA surely hasn't told them anything - unless, of course, he has.
EA surely won't be persuaded to change his behavior - unless, of course, he is.

Human behavior is highly unpredictable, because it involves choices and "will" and emotional factors.

We can try to gauge what is likely, and what is not, but what if? What if he has opened up to his parents after all, revealing what happened, and that's why they don't want to engage with the Morris family so far, because it might hurt their son? Or, what if EA decides that he needs to fess up, to get his parents out of the line of fire, so to speak? If the protests do work out, then one day we can say, "These protests were vital" and if they don't, then we will be able to say they were a waste of time.

But in the meantime, all we can say with certainty is that we don't know what impact the protests might have.

So if it's your child that's missing, and this is one avenue to maybe finding out where she is, do you try and hope that it makes an impact, even if it looks like a longshot at best? Even if the efficacy is uncertain, I don't see how the Morris family can (or should) be criticized for doing everything they can do. Try. Ya never know. IMO.

I was rereading the notes from hearing and it reports that LE were onto EA as early as September 3, and interviewed him 3 times by September 4. Christina was reported missing on September 3. I am posting this because of prior speculation as to if LE was onto EA from the beginning. He still had about 4 days of free time even though he would not have known that at the time. I had typed a longer post but it kept being timed out.

http://m.starlocalmedia.com/allenam...862-9de4-11e4-b48e-5765cf2b7e65.html?mode=jqm

IMO - These tactics worked the first time around when they were picketing for EA to talk. EA talked and the lies were then on TV all over the world. IMO, making a stand legally works and that scenario was proof.

I'm not aware of a case where this tactic has been employed, much less succeeded in getting a confession.

If LE believed such pleas would work, would they allow or encourage the mother to speak to the suspect's parents face-to-face inside the police station? Or is this more about publicly shaming them in hopes of getting some kind of confession?

I'm not familiar with anyone trying this approach, so it's all JMO.

Remember Casey Anthony talking to her parents at the jail.
she never came clean!
Most don't and wont.
No matter if they demonstrate at the jail or his house

Actually, I didn't follow case that much, but I will certainly take your word for it. I only came to this site in January for purposes of my own. I follow Christina's missing case because it is closer to home. I have no doubt that EA's family is suffering, but I doubt that the picketing is a large part of that suffering. I also don't like the word picketing much for describing what they are doing, as it has union/scab connotations. I think the word demonstrating fits better. Whatever Christina's family and friends are doing on her behalf, the potential effectiveness of their actions can be better evaluated by them and by LE. To me, this discussion is not really resolving in any way. Let us agree to disagree.

Just as much as you guys might believe that EA's family has asked EA for answers and gotten nowhere, or that EA won't be persuaded to talk by whatever effect the protests have on his family, I believe that "We just can't know what we don't know."

EA surely hasn't told them anything - unless, of course, he has.
EA surely won't be persuaded to change his behavior - unless, of course, he is.

Human behavior is highly unpredictable, because it involves choices and "will" and emotional factors.

We can try to gauge what is likely, and what is not, but what if? What if he has opened up to his parents after all, revealing what happened, and that's why they don't want to engage with the Morris family so far, because it might hurt their son? Or, what if EA decides that he needs to fess up, to get his parents out of the line of fire, so to speak? If the protests do work out, then one day we can say, "These protests were vital" and if they don't, then we will be able to say they were a waste of time.

But in the meantime, all we can say with certainty is that we don't know what impact the protests might have.

So if it's your child that's missing, and this is one avenue to maybe finding out where she is, do you try and hope that it makes an impact, even if it looks like a longshot at best? Even if the efficacy is uncertain, I don't see how the Morris family can (or should) be criticized for doing everything they can do. Try. Ya never know. IMO.

Can't argue with logic.. (jmo)

Sorry!
I do not feel the parents or their home should be picketed.

We do not see this in other cases and every Murderer has a Mom and dad.

Read up on CA case, just one that comes to mind. The picketers weren't even related to the innocent missing baby, but affected passionate supporters.

I was rereading the notes from hearing and it reports that LE were onto EA as early as September 3, and interviewed him 3 times by September 4. Christina was reported missing on September 3. I am posting this because of prior speculation as to if LE was onto EA from the beginning. He still had about 4 days of free time even though he would not have known that at the time. I had typed a longer post but it kept being timed out.

http://m.starlocalmedia.com/allenam...862-9de4-11e4-b48e-5765cf2b7e65.html?mode=jqm
Great job!
That's why I think we should start over and look at the facts. I certainly didn't catch that.
What else did we overlook, while focusing on other aspects?

Great job!
That's why I think we should start over and look at the facts. I certainly didn't catch that.
What else did we overlook, while focusing on other aspects?

Ok, here is another quote which may clear up the confusion of what Christina was wearing at time of disappearance:

"Arochi said he was wearing jeans and a black button up shirt. He said Morris was wearing the same clothes she had on at the bar, contradicting Petrosky’s report that she had changed clothes."

Another from the article:
"No text messages from Aug. 28-31 were found on Arochi’s phone. He said he “doesn’t text a lot of people,” after initially telling Stamm he texted his girlfriend all the time. Prosecutor Lisa King said, “Magically during that time period all those texts were gone.”"

We can all speculate why text messages were not found beginning August 28...

IMO - These tactics worked the first time around when they were picketing for EA to talk. EA talked and the lies were then on TV all over the world. IMO, making a stand legally works and that scenario was proof.

The thing is we say it worked but did it? what did it do? Did it hinder LE in any way? They already knew all this stuff..
LE does not make what they know public.

Read up on CA case, just one that comes to mind. The picketers weren't even related to the innocent missing baby, but affected passionate supporters.

that was not parents picketing other parents!
that was angry mobs! Totally different! As I see it!

I wonder if they identified the male DNA in the car?

I am puzzled by how long it took to take his car and do forensics on it, IMO that should have been done immediately. They had probable cause im sure! JMO

I would imagine the reason they were looking at EA right away is once they found out she was with this group of friends, they said something along the lines of "the last we saw of her was when she left with EA. He was walking her to her car because she decided to go home." The rest of the investigation logically followed from that information.

Can someone please direct me to the information that has many under the absolute impression and thought process that the "picketing" the accused families private home is Absolutely Legal and Constitutional. TIA

IMO the family of the accused has every remedy under the law to file suit and put a TRO in place today.
I too have been reading various resources on the subject matter and find that the picketers are wrong.
(Some of my reads are long - but very informative for those who like to read for themselves)
One such says this: http://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3230&context=dlj
the place chosen must in fact be "appropriate."
Although picketing is undoubtedly appropriate in
other places,the home simply is not an appropriate
place for this particular form of expression.
Residential picketing is "merely a right thing in
the wrong place,-like a pig in the parlor instead
of the barnyard."As such,courts may enjoin residential picketing
consistent with the ample alternative channels requirement.

In residential picketing cases,two very important rights-free speech and residential privacy-clash.
When expressive conduct has not yet taken place,harms to privacy interests are speculative,
and, absent exceptional circumstances,the court may not impose a prior
restraint on that conduct. The first instance of residential picketing, however,creates an invasion of
privacy.If the picketing is repeated,injuries to privacy interests begin to accumulate.

I could not get your link to open, although I was interested in reading it. I got a PDF error.

Can someone please direct me to the information that has many under the absolute impression and thought process that the "picketing" the accused families private home is Absolutely Legal and Constitutional. TIA

IMO the family of the accused has every remedy under the law to file suit and put a TRO in place today.
I too have been reading various resources on the subject matter and find that the picketers are wrong.
(Some of my reads are long - but very informative for those who like to read for themselves)
One such says this: http://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3230&context=dlj
the place chosen must in fact be "appropriate."
Although picketing is undoubtedly appropriate in
other places,the home simply is not an appropriate
place for this particular form of expression.
Residential picketing is "merely a right thing in
the wrong place,-like a pig in the parlor instead
of the barnyard."As such,courts may enjoin residential picketing
consistent with the ample alternative channels requirement.

In residential picketing cases,two very important rights-free speech and residential privacy-clash.
When expressive conduct has not yet taken place,harms to privacy interests are speculative,
and, absent exceptional circumstances,the court may not impose a prior
restraint on that conduct. The first instance of residential picketing, however,creates an invasion of
privacy.If the picketing is repeated,injuries to privacy interests begin to accumulate.

Why don't they sue then?

Nothing stops the Arochis from filing a complaint, seeking a legal remedy to the demonstrations, and ultimately suing. So why don't they? If they feel that they are being harassed and that their privacy is being invaded, nothing keeps them from seeking a civil legal remedy. Yet they seem not to want to do so. We must remember that, as far as I am aware -- do correct me if I am wrong! -- that EA's attorney represents him and not his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu