Found Alive TX - Christine Woo (fnd dec'd), 39, & 3 kids, Frisco, 28 March 2016

I'm watching Dateline right now about a different case and the narrator says that the young man tried to file a missing persons report but the Miami Police wouldn't let him until she had been missing 24 hours. Is it different in different jurisdictions? Was the Miami Police Department just lying? Was the show in error? This is why people believe you have to wait 24 hours!

It can. However, when small children are missing...I think those rules are not applied. MOST people would immediately seek professional help to find missing children. So will most jurisdictions.

This really, really bothers me. Yes you can get text messages for transactions...I have a text sent when my check is deposited.

But a text sent to my husband every single time I made ANY purchase? A text sent to me 2x a day when he sneaks off to the bodega for his fresh banana bread addiction? I don't care what small amounts he spends money on on a day to day basis (coffee, lunch, etc.). The texts would annoy me more than anything!

Having an alert set up for every purchase...that is not routine, in my mind.

In my opinion, an action like that would stem from a need to control / track someone, or a prior history of massive financial irresponsibility.

bbm

Just my thoughts, too -- prolly along with others on this thread. Had she overspent their budget in the past, or was he just a control freak, or was the service merely to track to make sure the charges were theirs and not some id-thief? Creepy, a bit, IMO.

Brandon Woo says he took the DART train home and called her mother to ask if she’d seen her. He says she told him no. He says he began driving around looking for her. He called the police about 7 p.m. Tuesday.

www.wfaa.com/mb/news/local/collin-county/frisco-man-on-missing-family-im-broken/112834633

Link to the article where he talks about taking the DART home on Tuesday.

I find it strange that he didn't find his wife's vehicle if he was out driving around looking for her. Since he knew where she had been during the day with the 2 credit card purchases, I would think the most likely place to start looking would be at the McDonald's. It must have never occurred to him to drive thru Target's parking lot.

I wonder if Christine had done "this" before, and he thought she was just taking some time to "cool off" if there had been some kind of argument????

bbm

Just my thoughts, too -- prolly along with others on this thread. Had she overspent their budget in the past, or was he just a control freak, or was the service merely to track to make sure the charges were theirs and not some id-thief? Creepy, a bit, IMO.

He has mentioned cash, credit cards and finances in every article that quotes him... From above:

"She’s the rock of the family,” Brandon Woo said. “She’s the most level head. I’m the one who gets emotional, always worried about finances or this and that. She’s the one that says, ‘We’ll figure it out.’”

I don't think it would be unusual for there to be life insurance policies on Christine and her husband, but isn't there usually a suicide clause that prevents collection of any monies in the case the person commits suicide.

My brother-in-law, many years ago decided to take his life in a violent and messy way in front of his wife. He had a sizeable policy, but in the end she had to hire a lawyer to be able to collect. They didn't want to pay because he committed suicide.

bbm

In his interview he says he is the one who stresses over the finances, and he is often referred to as the "bread winner". So I am wondering if that means he went over board to the extent that he tracked every dollar spent for one reason or another. She had a successful career prior to having children, I would be surprised to hear that she was irresponsible with money. They did also just purchase a more expensive home, perhaps that caused more stress?

I find it strange that he didn't find his wife's vehicle if he was out driving around looking for her. Since he knew where she had been during the day with the 2 credit card purchases, I would think the most likely place to start looking would be at the McDonald's. It must have never occurred to him to drive thru Target's parking lot.

I wonder if Christine had done "this" before, and he thought she was just taking some time to "cool off" if there had been some kind of argument????

She might have, that might be why he didn't rush to conclusions. We have seen plenty of reports where she was said to be depressed and unhappy. So I wonder if him getting up late on Monday morning set her off so to speak, they argued and who knows what transpired afterwards.

I keep thinking about the sunshades in the car. I use sun shades but only if I'm going to be somewhere for awhile instead of running an errand or grocery shopping. It gets hot in Texas, but it's not summer yet.

I wonder why the oldest child didn't get out, but she might have been told to stay in the car or perhaps was too lethargic and dehydrated by the times she realized she should.

has any toxicology tests been done on the children?
are there any news about their health?

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

I keep thinking about the sunshades in the car. I use sun shades but only if I'm going to be somewhere for awhile instead of running an errand or grocery shopping. It gets hot in Texas, but it's not summer yet.

I wonder why the oldest child didn't get out, but she might have been told to stay in the car or perhaps was too lethargic and dehydrated by the times she realized she should.

she might not have been able, i don't drive so i have no idea but, with the new central key cars, if the car is locked (including the child safe lock) and not running, would the child be able to open the car door with the child safe lock in place? my impression is that the driver is the only one who can activate/deactivate the child safe lock from the front seat, she could have tried to open the door but, if the car was locked i don't think she would have been able to

has any toxicology tests been done on the children?
are there any news about their health?

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

Nothing current from today that I can find. Will probably be Monday before an update. Maybe tomorrow? I am sure they are recuperating quickly. I hope they suffer no permanent physical damage. Psychologically, I know they have to be traumatized. I'm sure they want to know where Mama is...

This is really sad. I've been the mom that's sat in the car. Far out from others to breastfeed. With the sunshade up. My daughter breast fed until 23 months. Sadly, I highly doubt my husband would call police if I was gone for a night. I've never done it before but I feel quite frankly that it's something that he wouldn't want to deal with mentally and so would do nothing. At least not right away. And I go to Target 2-3 times a week. If something happened to me from natural causes, while I was out near the back of the lot, I think it's possible that no one would see anything for a couple of days. McKinney is a pretty safe area. If you were closer into Dallas, I'd see where they might have the requirement to check vehicles in the lot every night. But out here in the burbs I don't see it happening. Just so thankful the kiddos made it.

Brandon is giving me the impression he is a controlling husband! In one of the first interviews, he made the comment of calling her phone and it rang in the next room, so he couldn't trace her to see where she was. Not exact words, but same meaning. And then, the last page or more, the discussions on here are about Brandon always mentioning finances in one way or another.

Combine those two topics with the little we know of this couple, and control jumps out to me. No wonder she was unhappy.

From reading a comment Upthread, it reminded me that the change of going from 2 to 3 children was unbelievably difficult. You have two arms and two hands, but what do you do when number three comes along? No one or no book tells you anything about this juggling fact. Also, I didn't know that I was a real person until the baby was 9 months old. Mine weren't close in age like the Woo children, so I feel for her tremendously.

Oh Satiria, your post is ripping at my heart! Please know there is someone if you need to talk.

I thought it was so kind that they held a vigil for Christine:

“I think every mother, every parent that has heard of the story has played out in their imagination what happened in that car,” said Cate Biggs with Frisco Mom’s Care. “If there’s a mother out there that is having a hard time she needs to know that this is a community supports her.”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/01/vigil-held-for-frisco-mother-and-surviving-children/

Here is a link to their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/frisco.moms

:grouphug: For you and your little one! :heartbeat:

This really, really bothers me. Yes you can get text messages for transactions...I have a text sent when my check is deposited.

But a text sent to my husband every single time I made ANY purchase? A text sent to me 2x a day when he sneaks off to the bodega for his fresh banana bread addiction? I don't care what small amounts he spends money on on a day to day basis (coffee, lunch, etc.). The texts would annoy me more than anything!

Having an alert set up for every purchase...that is not routine, in my mind.

In my opinion, an action like that would stem from a need to control / track someone, or a prior history of massive financial irresponsibility.

We have alerts set up for every cc purchase after I shopped at an online store and there was a breach in their online customer database which they didn't reveal for almost two months. The store was popular with members of a very large forum I belong to, some who rarely shop online, so the fact there was a breach and which store it was became evident shortly after it happened. Many, many people's cc numbers were used fraudulently often with the first charge being for less than a dollar. Making tiny charges that won't trip alerts is a method thieves use to find out if the card is still good. I got tired of checking for charges to my card everyday and turned on alerts for all charges, no matter how small.

Weeks later I was alerted to a 95 cent charge made on my card several states away. I called the cc's fraud dept immediately just as charges totaling over $1k were being made. The card was cancelled right then and I was spared having to go through the hassle of convincing the cc company the charges were indeed fraudulent.

We've since caught a card being used locally to buy gas and lunch while we were home. Another relatively easy fix, especially with it being local. We've also caught other irregularities including double-billing at a major drug store chain. One card is shared and we both get alerts on it. Mine go to email, filtered to their own folder, but my husband prefers text messages, which would drive me nuts. It was a hassle at first but now it's our norm.

I do agree it can be used as a method of control but given how much cc fraud occurs, I don't think it's unusual. They could've turned alerts on when Target announced the breach of 40 million credit card numbers a couple of years ago.

Sadly, I think the article about sleeping pills is likely accurate. That is a local station and first on scene when car was found. The part standing out is if she were only picking up a prescription for Leah's eczema cream she would likely have used the drive thru versus hauling 3 little one into the store.

I was told the third child is hardest and it was for me nnias well. Staying at home with 3 little ones everyday is very hard and mentally exhausting. Most are saying how strong she was. The strongest people for others are often the weakest people and that is why suicide catches everyone by surprise in a lot of situations. The serious ones won't talk about it, they do it.

I don't think she was nursing a baby she was so close to home she could have gone back home.
I think it was suicide and I think she intended taking the children with her. My bet is the children were drugged and this was the reason for the trip to mcdonalds she bought them all a something to drink.
The drugs in the childrens system made them sleep and are probably the reason they survived for so long in that car alone.

I think she gave it to the children first and when she saw it was working on the kids took her pills.

All My thoughts and opinions only
I'm so happy the children survived.

Children are smaller than her. If she was trying to kill herself and the children using the same meds, seems highly unlikely children would survive while she wouldn't.

Sadly, I think the article about sleeping pills is likely accurate. That is a local station and first on scene when car was found. The part standing out is if she were only picking up a prescription for Leah's eczema cream she would likely have used the drive thru versus hauling 3 little one into the store.

It just seems like such a risky way to attempt suicide! (In terms of likelihood of getting caught)

This is really sad. I've been the mom that's sat in the car. Far out from others to breastfeed. With the sunshade up. My daughter breast fed until 23 months. Sadly, I highly doubt my husband would call police if I was gone for a night. I've never done it before but I feel quite frankly that it's something that he wouldn't want to deal with mentally and so would do nothing. At least not right away. And I go to Target 2-3 times a week. If something happened to me from natural causes, while I was out near the back of the lot, I think it's possible that no one would see anything for a couple of days. McKinney is a pretty safe area. If you were closer into Dallas, I'd see where they might have the requirement to check vehicles in the lot every night. But out here in the burbs I don't see it happening. Just so thankful the kiddos made it.

There is an anxiety and a depression thread in the parking lot :)

I think it was intended to be a murder-suicide. I believe she drugged the children by putting something into their McDonald's food/drink, then took an overdose herself. She held the little one and they all drifted off to sleep. I think she probably thought that even if the overdose didn't kill them, the heat in the car would finish the job.

I find it hard to believe the 16-month-old would still be "clutched" in her arms unless she was sedated to begin with. She probably slept so long that she became dehydrated and lethargic and too weak to move once she woke. Because seriously, what 16-month-old is going to stay in one place that long?

Poor Christine. If my theory is correct she must have been in severe mental anguish. I hope she is at peace now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back