TX TX - Col Philip Shue, 54, San Antonio, 16 Apr 2003

BBM Actually, the ex-wife is the one who had the life insurance policies on him and she refused to cancel them.

I know the ex-wife had policies. According to links I posted his current wife had life insurance policies on him as well.

Report reveals troubled mind
02.09.08 San Antonio Express-News

The document offers revealing new details about Shue's life and his mindset leading up to the car crash that killed him in 2003.

Perhaps most telling is an Air Force psychiatrist's account that Shue, 54, had talked of a "disassociative episode" six months before he died.

Shue told the doctor that he'd imagined his "car went out of control on the way to work" resulting in "great violence" being done to him, the report states.
Factors cited by military investigators in reaching the suicide conclusion included Shue's history of depression, a lack of defensive wounds or evidence that others were involved, and his past behavior.

"We think that available evidence shows that while Shue's injuries are bizarre, there are a number of bizarre actions he had taken in the years prior to his death that provide circumstantial support of unusual if not paranoid behavior," the report states.
The Bexar County medical examiner's office also ruled the death a suicide citing, among other things, the presence of an anesthetic in Shue's blood, recent revisions to his will, and witness accounts that his car didn't swerve to avoid the trees.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/MYSA021006_01B_shue_file_10e8163f_html18379.html

To all who are still interested in the case involving my deceased husband, Colonel Philip Michael Shue, Websleuths Talk Radio had Dr. Cyril Wecht and Dawna Kaufmann on the show Sunday, 14 August. Dr. Wecht and Dawna Kaufmann's, soon to be released book "From Crime Scene to Courtroom" will present the case of COL Philip Shue and 6 others. I provided Dr. Wecht and Dawna Kaufmann additional documents and information in their reseach for the chapter and hope their coverage of the case will help bring my husband's murderer(s) to justice.

In 2003, I hired Dr. Wecht to perform a second autopsy on my husband. His conclusion was that the death of Colonel Philip Shue was consistent with Homicide. Those who have followed this case are aware the original autopsy, performed by Dr. Jan Garavaglia, concluded suicide. The autopsy, as with her autopsy on Caylee Anthony, was shoddy; much of the evidence, to include the standard protocol of collecting/examining blood from under his fingernails, was never done. In addition, other standard protocols, including measuring total blood volume to determine blood loss, were never performed. No evidence presented ever supported a conclusion of suicide. Dr. Garavaglia refused deposition and to be present at the Civil Trial; refusing to defend her conclusion. Dr. Vincent DiMaio, who participated with Dr. Garavaglia, was exposed for providing false information to investigators and the court. Local Law Enforcement Officials admittedly botched the investigation and the Armed Services Institute of Pathology was exposed, in deposition and court, for fabricating evidence to support the suicide theory.

I was denied any public forum (Inquest Hearing) in Texas to present evidence in my husband's case; leaving Civil Litigation as the only option for discovery and to expose the truth. In 2008, Judge Bill Palmer (Kendall County Court of Law) ruled the death a Homicide.

48 Hours aired the case in 2009.

Recent developments in the case have included a witness who drove by my husband's car; pulled off the side of the road with a blue van with tinted windows parked directly behind him. The witness saw the car and the blue van on a rural road leading out to the interstate; this was the route he took to work each morning. This evidence completely contradicts statements concluding there was no evidence to support Colonel Philip Shue came into contact with any known or persons the morning of 16 April 2003.

The FBI has been provided all documents and information relating to the case.

The coverage of the case by Military Corruption . com was another example of terrible injustice; much of the information being fabricated to attack me for not cooperating with giving the site money and a book deal.

I received Life Insurance money following my husband's death, but have used the money to pay attorneys/law firm costs, court costs, depositions costs, expert and consulting witness costs, private investigator costs and the many other financial costs relating to this case from 2003 until today.

It remains my passion to seek justice for the murder of COL Philip Shue.

I am currently writing a book with Cilla McCain, author of "Murder in Baker Company". Along with my book, Cilla is working on another book involving the murder of COL Michael Stahlman; whose death was also wrongly ruled a suicide by the military.

I hope this forum will help in keep my husband's case and provide the opportunity for justice, one day, to be served.

Thank you,
LTC Tracy Shue, USAF (ret)
Widow of Colonel Philip Michael Shue

Thank you for this update!! I am fascinated by your husband's case as it does look like homicide. I pray you will soon get justice.

To all who are still interested in the case involving my deceased husband, Colonel Philip Michael Shue, Websleuths Talk Radio had Dr. Cyril Wecht and Dawna Kaufmann on the show Sunday, 14 August. Dr. Wecht and Dawna Kaufmann's, soon to be released book "From Crime Scene to Courtroom" will present the case of COL Philip Shue and 6 others. I provided Dr. Wecht and Dawna Kaufmann additional documents and information in their reseach for the chapter and hope their coverage of the case will help bring my husband's murderer(s) to justice.

In 2003, I hired Dr. Wecht to perform a second autopsy on my husband. His conclusion was that the death of Colonel Philip Shue was consistent with Homicide. Those who have followed this case are aware the original autopsy, performed by Dr. Jan Garavaglia, concluded suicide. The autopsy, as with her autopsy on Caylee Anthony, was shoddy; much of the evidence, to include the standard protocol of collecting/examining blood from under his fingernails, was never done. In addition, other standard protocols, including measuring total blood volume to determine blood loss, were never performed. No evidence presented ever supported a conclusion of suicide. Dr. Garavaglia refused deposition and to be present at the Civil Trial; refusing to defend her conclusion. Dr. Vincent DiMaio, who participated with Dr. Garavaglia, was exposed for providing false information to investigators and the court. Local Law Enforcement Officials admittedly botched the investigation and the Armed Services Institute of Pathology was exposed, in deposition and court, for fabricating evidence to support the suicide theory.

I was denied any public forum (Inquest Hearing) in Texas to present evidence in my husband's case; leaving Civil Litigation as the only option for discovery and to expose the truth. In 2008, Judge Bill Palmer (Kendall County Court of Law) ruled the death a Homicide.

Recent developments in the case have included a witness who drove by my husband's car; pulled off the side of the road with a blue van with tinted windows parked directly behind him. The witness saw the car and the blue van on a rural road leading out to the interstate; this was the route he took to work each morning. This evidence completely contradicts statements concluding there was no evidence to support Colonel Philip Shue came into contact with any known or persons the morning of 16 April 2003.

The coverage of the case by Military Corruption . com was another example of terrible injustice; much of the information being fabricated to attack me for not cooperating with giving the site money and a book deal.

I received Life Insurance money following my husband's death, but have used the money to pay attorneys/law firm costs, court costs, depositions costs, expert and consulting witness costs, private investigator costs and the many other financial costs relating to this case from 2003 until today.

I am currently writing a book with Cilla McCain, author of "Murder in Baker Company". Along with my book, Cilla is working on another book involving the murder of COL Michael Stahlman; whose death was also wrongly ruled a suicide by the military.

I hope this forum will help in keep my husband's case and provide the opportunity for justice, one day, to be served.

Thank you,

Thank you, Tracy, for the additional information regarding your husband's death and the autopsies.

God Bless!

Tracy - I'm so glad you joined us here!

I will be looking forward to reading your book - can you tell me the title of it and when it should be published?

I remember watching 48 Hours and could not believe Col. Shue's death was ruled a suicide....it totally made no sense!

Best of luck to you and thanks so much for the update.

P.S. I hope they can identify that van

Thank you,

Thank you so much for joining us here and for the update. My husband and I have always been interested in this case. I pray you finally have justice. Please keep us updated. I look forward to your book.

Tracy, thank you for posting the update on your husband's case. I, too, saw this case featured on 48 Hours & was appalled that anyone would see this as a suicide. I am so sad for you that, not only did you lose your husband in such a horrible, tragic way, but now you have to use your own resources to fight and claim justice for him. Very frightening to think that his killer/killers are still walking amongst us, free.

Welcome Tracy! :)

It's so great to see Col. Shue's case getting some attention on the forum thanks to Tracy and her update.

Tracy, I am really glad you posted on here. I fllowed this case on TV as well, wasnt sure where to look for more information. I believe your instincts are dead on. keep going..

Welcome Tracy! :)

It's so great to see Col. Shue's case getting some attention on the forum thanks to Tracy and her update.
I wholeheartedly agree, it's just a d@mn shame it's taken this long and she still has not gotten justice.

I too saw this on 48 hours and was completely gobsmacked that it had originally been ruled a suicide. Not only unreal, also unacceptable.

Tracy, I pray you find the answers you have been so far denied. Nobody deserves that. I hope those who prevented the truth from being told also pay the price.

Thank you to all for your supportive statements and insights into the case.

In response to COL Philip Shue leading a secret life; investigators found nothing to support the theory. Forensic Computer Analysis was conducted multiple times by law enforcement and during civil litigation; nothing was found during multiple repeated computer analyses. There were no videos, reading material or any other evidence found to support an alternative or secret life-style. They looked hard!

However, his ex-wife, Nancy Shue AKA Nancy Timpson, extensively studied Sexology and Sado-Masochism; as described in court documents. Along with the two life insurance policies she owned on my husband, she had extensive credit card debt; as described in court documents. Her husband, Donald Timpson belonged to AF Special Operations and has an extensive collection of knives; described in court documents. Her son, Jeffrey Shue, also had extensive debt, in excess of $100K; per Chapter 13 court documents. Jeffrey Shue, Nancy Shue's son, also pled the 5th and refused to answer any questions relating to his father's death.

My question remains: Why were these individuals not supoenaed by the Kendall County Grand Jury/DA Bruce Curry in 2003?

Over the years, so many things have been discoved about this case and this story needs to be told in the hope of, keeping it alive and preventing such an injustice from ever happening again.

I will try to answer your questions and keep you update on this site. I would also like to request that you go to Colonel Philip Michael Shue facebook and hit like. Alot of information is posted on the site.

Tracy Shue, LTC, USAF (ret)
Widow of Colonel Philip Shue

Tracy,

Thank you very much for your post and my condolences.

As a spouse of a Retired AF Chief, and prior to our marriage back in 82 I was married to an AF alert photographer.

I know about two deaths that clearly should have been investigated but was ruled a suicide within 24 hours.

1 a man hung himself in the bathroom doorway, his wife said she was next door at a neighbors house (her male friend) they both came into the house and saw him hanging and stated they took him down. My first husband took pictures of the scene and in the bedroom well away from the bathroom door was was a chair, it had blood on it. Most of the on scene OSI were drunk for it was a late Saturday night. Both the wife and her male friend denied every touching the Chair!

The other a man went to play poker with his friends, he drank and when he came home he parked his car in the wrong garage, apparently he was listening to some music in his car with it running. When he realized that he was ill, he tried to open the garage but it was locked. (a self locking garage) He was found at the corner by the door. It was an accident, but yet they called it a suicide.

I'm not sure but I think back then the SGLI didn't pay much for a suicide and it was thought that is why they closed the cases so quickly ruling it a suicide.

The joke I've known until the 90's was God forbid if a GI dies states side, they'll rule it a suicide.

I'm sorry for your husband, I suspect his EX wife also. If not her then more than like possibly a VA patient that had mental issues.

Clearly the Col had to have been watched in order the perp to intercept the Col.

Not all AF is bad though, some are just unskilled, don't know how, and or Lazy.

I've met some upstanding Military men and woman that do their jobs with a lot of integrity.

I hope it is of some comfort that many people who watched the show about this case do not believe it was suicide but the AF needs to clear that. They owe it to the Col.

Lera

Lera

Thank you for your comments and information about other Military investigations you are familiar with.

In my husband's case, the behavior of the Air Force Office of Special Investigation was very unusual; one minute they were informing people they were taking over and the next minute they were hands off. I would have to say, they were in the case long enough to muddy it up; even more than it already was. They fought continually with local law enforcement; specifically the Sheriff's Department, who maintained their belief the death was "foul play". The bitter relationship between Military and civilian agencies, the unstable local political environment and the best interest of the coorperate giants resulted in a tremendous injustice, which hopefully some day, will be made right.

Personally, I would be looking at the person who apparently made the most aggressive grab for money, and that would be Tracy Shue. From what I understand, within weeks she made a serious grab for Nancy's insurance pay-out, using some "slayers" law.

I could understand if she were only trying to prevent Nancy from benefitting from insurance money, but Tracy tried to take it for herself by using this law.

I also was repulsed by her presentation during interviews. She is pure ice. Something is not right with Tracy Shue. If I were Nancy, I would pounce on her for slander and libel, considering that Tracy is peppering the Internet with accusations..

But I wonder if Philip Shue mutilated himself or if he had help. I feel he had serious mental issues, and it's obvious to me that the letters from the "friend" were totally fake(that's why the insurance company blew him off), but did he write them on his own? Was it his idea? Or did Tracy get pissed off at the idea of Nancy holding a claim and give him a helping hand?

I would love to see this case investigated further.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back