TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says Killeen on the website, Austin is listed as the closet city....where do you think she is?

I have no earthly idea where she is. I just think it would be weird because my sisters live in the Austin area now. I would find it hard to believe that she would leave, but stay so close and never contact us again. I guess stranger things have happened though,huh?

It says Killeen on the website, Austin is listed as the closet city....where do you think she is?

But scroll down it says she was born in Ca, And went to High schoolin Elsinore
Christine PM the link again please.

But scroll down it says she was born in Ca, And went to High schoolin Elsinore
Christine PM the link again please.

Thanks JDB...I also got yer PM, I deleted the MySpace page I thought might be her from the forum because after looking at who I believe to be the owner of that site she has dark brown/black hair.... It was the children in the videos that caught my eye.

Here is the space again....it was the name, and the looks of the children that drew me there. WARNING-OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=11771008

Looking again, she does hair, could have blonde hair, dyed because of the punk rock? Need to read this space some more...

Thanks JDB...I also got yer PM, I deleted the MySpace page I thought might be here from the forum because after looking at who I believe to be the owner of that site she has dark brown/black hair....died maybe? It was the children in the videos that caught my eye.

No I agree that one is not Deanna go ahead and delete again.But did you look at the link?

I have been asked through pm by someone who's diligent work I admire greatly to recall everything I know about Deanna's disappearance. I was asked to differentiate between what I know, and what I've been told by family. I am going to do the best I can to fulfill that request, but it is much more complicated than it seems. I was 11 years old, and due to either my mind blocking out that time in my life, or me just getting older, I don't remember much of it.
What I do remember:
My Mother was an alcoholic and was in the hospital in the summer of 89. Then allegations were raised against our stepfather about molestation. We were all interviewed by cps. Shortly after my mother got out of the hospital she was told that either our stepfather would have to leave or us girls would have to leave. Us girls were sent to live with different family members, all in the Killeen area. As I was so young at the time I was under the impression that everything was fine and it was all taken care of once us girls were given permission to come back home, but if I remember correctly, I was the only one who returned home at that time. I found out last year that in fact our stepfather was charged with indecency with a child. Although I'm not positive, I would have to assume that this charge was from Deanna considering the age and date the disposition was given.
https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/Sor/index.aspx?PageIndex=Display&SID=04256322
When Deanna went missing she was hanging out with troubling people. I don't know specifics on them, but know everyone told me they were trouble makers.
On July 22nd 1990 Deanna visited her twin at about 1 a.m at our uncle's home ( where her twin was living). As far as I know, there wasn't an arguement and I don't see what they could have argued about. Her twin said "she left with some boys"Later that day our Grandma called my Mom at our house and said Deanna was missing. She came over and got a picture of Deanna to file a missing persons report. And that was pretty much the last I heard about it. She had a few "boyfriends" one was named Skipper White and the other we only knew by "michael". I don't remember anyone else living in my grandma's house unless our cousin was staying there. His name is Randy Clapp.

Missie

I think your e-mail is a good start. However I am not sure if they will be able to put Deanna on the Missing Person sites, or if you will need to. A good person to contact for help, might be Kelly Jolkowski. Her son Jason has been missing for several years. She founded projectjason to help other families with missing loved ones. Here is the address to read about Jason and to contact her. http://www.projectjason.org/

Kelly posts on many of the message boards and offers advice when she can. I think she may be able to help you (or point you in the right direction) to get Deanna's information posted.

Best of Luck.

I am wondering if Deanna is not listed as missing in the state of Texas, can Missie, as her sister go ahead and report Deanna missing now?: If so, I imagine she would be able to put the date last seen to accurately reflect the time of Deanna's disappearance. This way, she can hopefully get up on all of the sites, along with possble dentals and/or DNA.

Since you and your sister have the same mother then you both have identical mitochondrial DNA, and you each share 50% of your mother's nuclear DNA. So, you could suggest to LE that you could give a sample of each to cmpare with current cases and to keep on file.

In addition, can you find out if Deanna ever went to the dentist, if so where, and try to get dental records. If you offer LE these things, it may be helpful. I don't know how much of what I say is possible. But, it sure wouldn't hurt to ask.

Lion

I am wondering if Deanna is not listed as missing in the state of Texas, can Missie, as her sister go ahead and report Deanna missing now?: If so, I imagine she would be able to put the date last seen to accurately reflect the time of Deanna's disappearance. This way, she can hopefully get up on all of the sites, along with possble dentals and/or DNA.

Since you and your sister have the same mother then you both have identical mitochondrial DNA, and you each share 50% of your mother's nuclear DNA. So, you could suggest to LE that you could give a sample of each to cmpare with current cases and to keep on file.

In addition, can you find out if Deanna ever went to the dentist, if so where, and try to get dental records. If you offer LE these things, it may be helpful. I don't know how much of what I say is possible. But, it sure wouldn't hurt to ask.

Lion
Okat thank you. The dental records are a very good idea. She isn't listed on any missing person website. I've been trying to get ahold of the investigator that is supposed to have her case, but I've had no luck. Can I get her on those websites without the missing person report from LE?
Our mother passed away 5 years ago, do we have to have our mothers dna in order to get the mitochondrial dna?

Do you know where Randy is now?
Ahhh, Randy is in prison (again) no viloent crimes as far as I know, mostly drug related stuff.

Guys, you are awesome! I hope that it is okay with everyone if I am here.

Hi Missie:). No worries. Your memory is fine. I imagine in time you may recall more, and the key to that may be to stay as mentally relaxed as you can and don't pressure yourself. I hope that this was not too painful for you to recall and post it. The information you provided is very helpful. And, it is not far off from what I thought may have happened. I may have lots more questions, and I hope it doesn't overload your brain lol. If it does, please let me know that you need to take a break.

I need to leave StarBucks and head home to care for my animals. Then I need to train. I should be back on later tonight. Best to you Missie, and I will do what I can to help you to find dear Deanna.

Lion

I have been asked through pm by someone who's diligent work I admire greatly to recall everything I know about Deanna's disappearance. I was asked to differentiate between what I know, and what I've been told by family. I am going to do the best I can to fulfill that request, but it is much more complicated than it seems. I was 11 years old, and due to either my mind blocking out that time in my life, or me just getting older, I don't remember much of it.
What I do remember:
My Mother was an alcoholic and was in the hospital in the summer of 89. Then allegations were raised against our stepfather about molestation. We were all interviewed by cps. Shortly after my mother got out of the hospital she was told that either our stepfather would have to leave or us girls would have to leave. Us girls were sent to live with different family members, all in the Killeen area. As I was so young at the time I was under the impression that everything was fine and it was all taken care of once us girls were given permission to come back home, but if I remember correctly, I was the only one who returned home at that time. I found out last year that in fact our stepfather was charged with indecency with a child. Although I'm not positive, I would have to assume that this charge was from Deanna considering the age and date the disposition was given.
https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/Sor/index.aspx?PageIndex=Display&SID=04256322
When Deanna went missing she was hanging out with troubling people. I don't know specifics on them, but know everyone told me they were trouble makers.
On July 22nd 1990 Deanna visited her twin at about 1 a.m at our uncle's home ( where her twin was living). As far as I know, there wasn't an arguement and I don't see what they could have argued about. Her twin said "she left with some boys"Later that day our Grandma called my Mom at our house and said Deanna was missing. She came over and got a picture of Deanna to file a missing persons report. And that was pretty much the last I heard about it. She had a few "boyfriends" one was named Skipper White and the other we only knew by "michael". I don't remember anyone else living in my grandma's house unless our cousin was staying there. His name is Randy Clapp.

This must be so hard for you Melissa--you are so brave! I am curious to what exactly was said the night Deanna went to see her twin. Maybe she planned on leaving and wanted to say goodbye? Is there any chance that your stepfather is responsible for your sisters disappearance, especially in light of the fact that the sexual abuse case may have had to do with her? Is there a chance it was not Deanna but her twin that was abused? Does Deanna's twin want to find her?

What I do remember:

Your stepfathers last name is Hawaiian I believe, and his nickname is pineapple. Is there any chance Deanna was sent to live with his relatives in Hawaii? I wish you had access to the files on the sexual abuse case--they may have alot of answers.

Thanks JDB...I also got yer PM, I deleted the MySpace page I thought might be her from the forum because after looking at who I believe to be the owner of that site she has dark brown/black hair.... It was the children in the videos that caught my eye.

Here is the space again....it was the name, and the looks of the children that drew me there. WARNING-OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=11771008

Looking again, she does hair, could have blonde hair, dyed because of the punk rock? Need to read this space some more...

Take a look at her ears in this pic, and the color of the eyes. Hair looks as though it might be dyed.

http://a874.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00967/37/84/967334873_l.jpg

(just realized that you can't put pics in the forum anymore?)

I jst got an email from our oldest sister. She just talked to our Grandma. I have edited out Deanna's ssn

She and Grandma stayed up late watching movies, went to bed @ 1:30AM, let her sleep in until 11AM, went in & she wasn’t there. G called Jimmy & he said that Deanna was there (to talk to Becky I think) around 3:30 AM in a brown car, w 2 guys that she said were my friends. I called everyone I could think of when I got back from VA and got nothing from anyone.

This was around the same time that Kenneth McDuff & John Whorley were hanging out (Kenneth McDuff is the guy in prison for killing a bunch of girls around that same time…John Whorley might still be in prison, not sure what for).

Don’t know if it matters, but she said something about McDuff and Whorley use to buy drugs from 1- eyed Jack in Simmonsville

Didn’t take makeup or anything with her.

The Deanna in Wisconsin is not her, trust me, I’ve called her a few times.

I'm gonna write her back. I'm not sure if she means Kenneth Mcduff and John Whorley were hanging out with Deanna, our were just known to be in the area. And I have no idea who 1-eyed Jack in Simmonsville is.
Our Grandma gave her height at 5ft 4 in and weight at 115 lbs.

I'm reading her blog. She is originally a blonde from one of the answers on her survey, and she says she was named after someone on tv and mother was being indecisive, favorite toy as a child "rocks", and

1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET it?
I got a scar on my shin from where I fell off a bike, but it was one of those old 10 speeds with the skinny tires and spike peddals, and the spike went into my shin and hit the bone.. it was pretty crazy

I jst got an email from our oldest sister. She just talked to our Grandma. I have edited out Deanna's ssn

I'm gonna write her back. I'm not sure if she means Kenneth Mcduff and John Whorley were hanging out with Deanna, our were just known to be in the area. And I have no idea who 1-eyed Jack in Simmonsville is.
Our Grandma gave her height at 5ft 4 in and weight at 115 lbs.

Info on Kenneth McDuff :

http://www.geocities.com/verbal_plainfield/i-p/mcduff.html

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4341

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Allen_McDuff

It appears the other guys name is Alva Hank Worley.

Okat thank you. The dental records are a very good idea. She isn't listed on any missing person website. I've been trying to get ahold of the investigator that is supposed to have her case, but I've had no luck. Can I get her on those websites without the missing person report from LE?
Our mother passed away 5 years ago, do we have to have our mothers dna in order to get the mitochondrial dna?

Ahhh, Randy is in prison (again) no viloent crimes as far as I know, mostly drug related stuff.

I just got back, and my daughter is feeding the animals for me, so I can be here(what a sweetie!).

The good thing about mitochondrial DNA is that the mother always passes it down unchanged so that hers is 100% identical to all of her children(regardless of the father). This means that every child that your mother has had has the exact same mitochondrial DNA.

Mitochondrial DNA is different from nuclear DNA. Tests using mitochondrial DNA are not quite as definitive as nuclear DNA; but they are quite accurate, and the combo of you and your sister having identical mitochondrial DNA and sharing a fair amount of nuclear DNA should be more than enough to make a match. You don't need your Mom for a mitochondrial DNA test.

If you don't hear back from LE by Monday early afternoon you may want to give another call to say you are checking in to see what is new and where you will go from there. You may want to ask to file a missing persons report.

Lion

Take a look at her ears in this pic, and the color of the eyes. Hair looks as though it might be dyed.

http://a874.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00967/37/84/967334873_l.jpg

(just realized that you can't put pics in the forum anymore?)

Holy cheetah! Hi Jaded:). Since when have we been told not to post pics in the forum anymore? When did this happen? I have been posting a bunch of pics lately, and now I feel bad. Is this a new rule? I hope so, or else I when against the rules posting lots of pics. I am sorry that I didn't know that.

Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member