TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this is how it looks (at this point in time):

Car owner loaned his Jeep Cherokee to someone we'll call A
A then let her friend Crystal Cortez use the Jeep Cherokee
Crystal Cortez says that she was hired by a male to drive the car for the purposes of a robbery.

That's four people: Jeep Cherokee owner, female he loaned it to, Crystal, and the shooter.

Do I have that straight?

You missed one. According to the arrest warrant, an unnamed man paid her $500 to drive another man to the parking garage. That's 5 people.

Edit: According to the arrest warrant, Cortez admitted she conspired with an unnamed individual for $500, to drive an unknown male suspect to 1700 Cedar Springs Road and commit the offense of robbery against Hatcher.

I may be wrong, but that sounds like police are searching for 2 male suspects. I think if only one suspect was involved, the affidavit would say she conspired with an unnamed individual for $500 to drive him to the robbery.

To pay someone $500 and kill over they must have been worth much more than that, right? What on earth could she have had...

The witness - a 15 year old boy - said the shooter got in Hatcher's face and they exchanged words before he shot her. The witness said she was targeted.

This seems like a lot of orchestrating for robbery. I don't remember them saying in the beginning that she had anything missing off of her. IF true, how did they know she had these things and how did they know she would have them on her? To pay someone $500 and kill over they must have been worth much more than that, right? What on earth could she have had...

If Kendra was self-employed, it's possible she had her bank deposit with her, that she intended to bring to the bank in the morning. My oldest daughter quit her last job, for that reason, problem was she was expected to make the drop alone, after closing the restaurant at 4 am!

The witness - a 15 year old boy - said the shooter got in Hatcher's face and they exchanged words before he shot her. The witness said she was targeted.

Wow! Where did you learn this?

That is what I have, from the warrant

■ Owner of Jeep Cherokee (Witness 1)
■ Witness 2 (Owner lent him the Jeep - he lent it to Crystal)
■ Crystal Cortez - Drove the Jeep to the scene for $500
■ Shooter

Witness 2 is not a "him" but a "her." The Warrant says Witness let "her" friend use the Jeep. We have two males and two females as I read it.

Witness 2 is not a "him" but a "her." The Warrant says Witness let "her" friend use the Jeep. We have two males and two females as I read it.
Thank you for pointing it out. I have corrected it.

Wow! Where did you learn this?

This website initially identified the man and his 15 year old son as witnesses.

"One of the first witnesses to come forward was a man inside the apartment parking garage. The man, who doesn’t want to be identified, said he heard Dr. Hatcher scream, heard gunfire, and then saw a white man hurry from the garage and get into a beat up black Jeep Cherokee. The witness said the man was wearing a black hoodie and had it pulled forward to cover his face."

and he said:

“I didn’t see it [shooting] but it looks like the minute she stepped out of her car he was right there in her face. I mean, its pretty obvious… he was here for her.”

Just got up. Who in the world is Crystal Cortez? $500? So the young boy was a valid witness saying it was a man who shot her? They just haven't found him or know who he is yet? Any more details or is that it so far?

You missed one. According to the arrest warrant, an unnamed man paid her $500 to drive another man to the parking garage. That's 5 people.

Edit: According to the arrest warrant, Cortez admitted she conspired with an unnamed individual for $500, to drive an unknown male suspect to 1700 Cedar Springs Road and commit the offense of robbery against Hatcher.

I may be wrong, but that sounds like police are searching for 2 male suspects. I think if only one suspect was involved, the affidavit would say she conspired with an unnamed individual for $500 to drive him to the robbery.

I was assuming the person paying Crystal $500 and the shooter were the same person, but you're right in that it could very likely be two people!

In fact, the more I think about it, the more likely it is that the $500 payer and the shooter are different. So, a driver and a shooter were hired by someone.

Who has the money and the motive to hire this hit done? It would be someone who didn't want to pull the trigger himself (or herself) and someone who knew when and where the deed could be accomplished.

I was assuming the person paying Crystal $500 and the shooter were the same person, but you're right in that it could very likely be two people!

In fact, the more I think about it, the more likely it is that the $500 payer and the shooter are different. So, a driver and a shooter were hired by someone.

Who has the money and the motive to hire this hit done? It would be someone who didn't want to pull the trigger himself (or herself) and someone who knew when and where the deed could be accomplished.

Someone that knew Kendra is my guess. It was said the shooter could have possibly exchanged words with Kendra. Maybe he asked if she was KH, to make sure he had the right person? $500 to drive and probably a few thousand, if that, to kill her. It is a sad time that a little money is worth more than a promising human life.

Kendra Hatcher, 35, was shot dead about 7:45 p.m. in the Gables Park 17 garage.

~~

Police said the Cherokee parked and waited in a parking space. Then Hatcher arrived, parked her vehicle and got out of the car.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/15927011-storyhttp://www.fox4news.com/news/15927011-story

I wonder if they have assigned parking? It would sure seem like it. If so, the person knew which one was her's because he/she parked and waited. It was also pretty risky to shoot someone at 7:45 in Downtown Dallas in this particular apartment complex as these residents were likely coming and going out to eat or socialize (refer to property info in link below).

http://gables.com/find/apartment/12...edirect&utm_medium=Redirect&utm_source=park17

RE Witnesses:

One of the first witnesses to come forward was a man inside the apartment parking garage. The man, who doesn’t want to be identified, said he heard Dr. Hatcher scream, heard gunfire, and then saw a white man hurry from the garage and get into a beat up black Jeep Cherokee. The witness said the man was wearing a black hoodie and had it pulled forward to cover his face.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/09/04/search-for-killer-who-gunned-down-woman-in-uptown-continues/

As Hatcher parked, a figure emerged from a nearby Jeep Cherokee and appeared to approach her. Witnesses described hearing a gunshot and saw the figure getting back into the Cherokee and driving away, police said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-police-detain-charge-crystal-cortez-n422276

"First, it was a loud scream and then a 'Boom,'" the father said. "And he didn't hear anything after that."

That's what the man says his son heard when 35-year-old Kendra Hatcher was gunned down inside the garage at her residence, the Gables Park 17 apartments on Cedar Springs Road. The witness is a teenager and his father wants to keep both of their identities concealed since the killer is still on the loose.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Witness-Describes-Hearing-Fatal-Uptown-Shooting-324624031.html

The father's voice is on the video at this link describing what his son saw

Wait a minute!!! I thought I confirmed this for myself last night, but didn't LE say the "driver" of the Jeep was seen on video getting out of the Jeep and getting back in the Jeep. How did the other person exit the Jeep without being seen? Would think there are cameras on both sides?

I just looked at the video link tlcya posted in post #94 and it does say the shooter was the driver. Either the witness was mistaken or Crystal lied in the police report about a male shooter.

At this point, I'm inclined to think Crystal was the driver, and a hired, male, shooter was in the car with her.

Suspect Arrested in Murder of Dallas Dentist. Dallas police have made an arrest in the murder of a dentist who was shot and killed in the parking garage of her apartment.

According to an arrest affidavit released Saturday morning, authorities arrested Crystal Cortez and charged her with capital murder in the death of Kendra Hatcher. Cortez, 22, is being held on $250,000 bail.
https://gma.yahoo.com/suspect-arrested-murder-dallas-dentist-151522384--abc-news-topstories.html

According to the arrest warrant - CC admitted to conspiring with an unnamed man for $500, to drive an unknown suspect.

What stands out to me is the use of "unnamed" and "unknown". IMO unnamed could mean he is known but his name not mentioned. This could just be wording though.

I don't see any new reports stating LE is looking for a second suspect. I wonder if the witness was mistaken when he thought the shooter was a man. Kind of reminds me of the hotel murder in D.C. where the female killer looked like a man in a hooded jacket.

I don't see any new reports stating LE is looking for a second suspect. I wonder if the witness was mistaken when he thought the shooter was a man. Kind of reminds me of the hotel murder in D.C. where the female killer looked like a man in a hooded jacket.

Hmm....good point.

At this point, I'm still thinking Crystal was the driver and not the shooter. I think the person who hired this done would want someone who was a proven marksman. The dentist, IIRC, was killed by one bullet to the neck. That seems like the shooter was experienced.

But, stranger things have happened and perhaps Crystal is the shooter too.

I hope today brings more developments. I'm very happy the case is moving quickly. Good job LE!

JMO.

If CC was the shooter, will be interested in knowing her connection to KH. I have my suspicions, not lover scorned related, but more on a business level.

Hmm....good point.

At this point, I'm still thinking Crystal was the driver and not the shooter. I think the person who hired this done would want someone who was a proven marksman. The dentist, IIRC, was killed by one bullet to the neck. That seems like the shooter was experienced.

But, stranger things have happened and perhaps Crystal is the shooter too.

I hope today brings more developments. I'm very happy the case is moving quickly. Good job LE!

JMO.

Possibly a good aim, but if shooter is in a person's face it doesn't seem good aim would be a problem. I guess autopsy will tell distance from which gun was fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo