GUILTY TX - Eight bodies found in trailer in San Antonio, 23 July 2017

Jersey- thanks for posting the indictment. I was overwhelmed reading it. First, how blessed we are living here. Second, how horrific for these people to believe they were going to a better place only to find the journey worse than what they left.

How many other trucks are on the roads tonight, with dead people tomorrow? I can't get my head around how to stop it.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

A survivor from the trailer, who has not been named, said he was part of a group of 28 people who paid $700 each to be sailed across the Rio Grande on a raft.

After being taken across the river the man said his group were loaded into the trailer, which had a broken air conditioner, along with up to 170 others.
The survivor said the group sat in the trailer without moving from Saturday morning until around 9pm, when they set off for San Antonio.

It was during that journey that air in the trailer began to run out, and the group started banging on the walls to alert the driver.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gle-migrants-Walmart-truck.html#ixzz4nrnHx2Bl

42A5E21000000578-4724674-image-a-76_1500916245264.jpg

42A5E21400000578-4724674-image-a-78_1500916259617.jpg

42A5E20700000578-4724674-image-a-80_1500916276259.jpg

42A5E20C00000578-4724674-image-a-84_1500916298671.jpg

This is beyond my comprehension. I know this type of thing exists, but the 6 black suvs and the corruption that must be necessary at so many levels to make this happen is mind blowing.

The use of the term alien somehow adds to the obscenity of it all. It's so indecent.

I swear we live in such a vile, evil world.

Feeling helpless tonight. Boy, oh boy, this case just breaks you're heart.

WG

This is terrible but what is just as terrible are the comments after the news article. Mind boggling.

I find the comments always appalling no matter what affiliation.

The trucking industry has changed a great deal since the late 70's. I know someone who recently retired after driving long haul since then, mostly out of disgust. Companies abuse drivers and force them to violate federal regulations constantly. It's not unusual for drivers to be unpaid or underpaid for the miles they haul goods. Equipment is often in poor condition, too. Not surprising that human trafficking is going on, too.

Read article below, an employee came out to due a buggy roundup and was approached by a person from the truck asking for water, he/she got the water and called LE.

The trip from Laredo to San Antonio is about two hours and Lalravega says he and his friends got in the trailer between 10 and 11 p.m. He says he never saw the truck driver and was never offered water.

He says they were being charged $5,500 for the trip and the money was never collected.

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Tex...ractor-trailer-driver-arrested-436116553.html

I wonder what their destination was, since they had not "paid" for the trip some one is very nervous.

JB has to have the destination for this trailer, he too had not been paid. his phone should have info.

If there were 100 ppl and the price was $5500 that would be $550,000.

The trucking industry has changed a great deal since the late 70's. I know someone who recently retired after driving long haul since then, mostly out of disgust. Companies abuse drivers and force them to violate federal regulations constantly. It's not unusual for drivers to be unpaid or underpaid for the miles they haul goods. Equipment is often in poor condition, too. Not surprising that human trafficking is going on, too.

That is terrible. This causes major safety problems.

If they are violating federal regulations, they should be in trouble.

Stash house where some were there for 11days, $700 to boat guy to cross the river, multiple drop offs. Last one involved, James Bradley.

A survivor from the trailer, who has not been named, said he was part of a group of 28 people who paid $700 each to be sailed across the Rio Grande on a raft.

After being taken across the river the man said his group were loaded into the trailer, which had a broken air conditioner, along with up to 170 others.
The survivor said the group sat in the trailer without moving from Saturday morning until around 9pm, when they set off for San Antonio.

It was during that journey that air in the trailer began to run out, and the group started banging on the walls to alert the driver.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gle-migrants-Walmart-truck.html#ixzz4nrnHx2Bl

42A5E21000000578-4724674-image-a-76_1500916245264.jpg

42A5E21400000578-4724674-image-a-78_1500916259617.jpg

42A5E20700000578-4724674-image-a-80_1500916276259.jpg

42A5E20C00000578-4724674-image-a-84_1500916298671.jpg

I met a guy the other day who used to drive a truck for a living. He would get a job to take a trailer to a specific location, never knowing what he's hauling, where it originally came from, and never opened the doors while carrying it. Sounds like the bad guys have found a great way to transport stuff without detection.

I met a guy the other day who used to drive a truck for a living. He would get a job to take a trailer to a specific location, never knowing what he's hauling, where it originally came from, and never opened the doors while carrying it. Sounds like the bad guys have found a great way to transport stuff without detection.

Sounds like cash hauls.

Best States to Own a Small Trucking Company or Be a Driver (based on data of 3,287) in 2016:

1. Tennessee
2. Washington
3. Oklahoma
4. Texas
5. Indiana
https://www.ajot.com/news/best-and-worst-states-for-trucking-industry-in-2016

How many truckers are there?
It is an estimated over 3.5 million truck drivers in the U.S. Of that one in nine are independent, a majority of which are owner operators. (385,000 of independent truckers....alot of cash hauls possible).
https://www.truckinfo.net/trucking/stats.htm

Having worked at locations where tractor trailers delivered they had invoices that were contents of what was delivered was verified and signed as being received. JB's license was revoked so I guess this is what you do.

Best States to Own a Small Trucking Company or Be a Driver (based on data of 3,287) in 2016:

1. Tennessee
2. Washington
3. Oklahoma
4. Texas
5. Indiana
https://www.ajot.com/news/best-and-worst-states-for-trucking-industry-in-2016

How many truckers are there?
It is an estimated over 3.5 million truck drivers in the U.S. Of that one in nine are independent, a majority of which are owner operators. (385,000 of independent truckers....alot of cash hauls possible).
https://www.truckinfo.net/trucking/stats.htm

[h=1]Driver won't get death penalty in Texas smuggling case[/h]
The federal government will not seek the death penalty against a 60-year-old driver at the center of a human smuggling case that killed 10 people in San Antonio, the U.S. Attorney's Office announced.

James Bradley Jr. will not be sentenced to death, according to U.S. Attorney General Richard Durban, Jr., but will face additional charges in the case after a grand jury returned a superseding indictment Wednesday.

A Mexican national was sentenced Wednesday to nine years in federal prison, the maximum he could get for his role in an immigrant smuggling venture that ended with the deaths of 10 people in 2017.

Senior U.S. District Judge David Ezra said he would have given Pedro Silva Segura 47, a sentence of 30 to 40 years in prison if he had been found guilty at trial. But since he entered a plea bargain, the judge’s hands were tied.

Silva, who operated a stash house in Laredo, dropped off five immigrants in Laredo who were later loaded into a tractor-trailer containing dozens of other people who were transported north by trucker James Matthew Bradley Jr, 62.

Silva pleaded guilty in March to conspiracy to transport undocumented immigrants resulting in death, the same charge as Bradley.

But unlike Bradley, Silva’s recommended sentencing guideline range was far lower because of legalities in federal law and Silva’s role was different from Bradley’s.

Bradley scored a recommended sentence of life in prison, and Ezra sentenced him to that in April. Silva’s guideline range was seven years, three months to nine years in prison.

Silva will serve his sentence and then be deported. Silva also forfeited $2,000 that investigators seized from him.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...nio-judge-sentences-deadly-truck-13297373.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back