TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #6

I too wonder where the idea of a costume, a mask with a wig came from. Was it a theory started here?
It's possible to disguise the shooter, but was there evidence left at the scene that stood out? A strand of synthetic hair?
Wigs shed a lot!

ok, I disagree they were wearing go-go boots because they have heels and I don't see heels on the shooter, they have slippery soles and not easy to run in vs ugg boots or no heeled thigh boots.
The loose dress looks rather short to be a moomoo- but a mid-length t-shirt or babydoll dress with long cardiagan over it yoga pants/leggings or tights on.
Unless the LE have better footage of the shooter and he/she is wearing clothes from going out the night before.

ok, I finally found one source:

"Surveillance video captures a Nissan Frontier 4-door truck pull up.

That's when a person wearing go-go boots, a moo-moo dress, and a wig walks up to Barraza.

After she says good morning, the person fires four shots."

Last edited:
I too wonder where the idea of a costume, a mask with a wig came from. Was it a theory started here?
It's possible to disguise the shooter, but was there evidence left at the scene that stood out? A strand of synthetic hair?
Wigs shed a lot!

ok, I disagree they were wearing go-go boots because they have heels and I don't see heels on the shooter, they have slippery soles and not easy to run in vs ugg boots or no heeled thigh boots.
The loose dress looks rather short to be a moomoo- but a mid-length t-shirt or babydoll dress with long cardiagan over it yoga pants/leggings or tights on.
Unless the LE have better footage of the shooter and he/she is wearing clothes from going out the night before.

ok, I finally found one source:

"Surveillance video captures a Nissan Frontier 4-door truck pull up.

That's when a person wearing go-go boots, a moo-moo dress, and a wig walks up to Barraza.

After she says good morning, the person fires four shots."

I wonder: what if someone puts the chest part of this legion person costume under a dress or a bath robe, how would it look like? Could a man look like a woman on camera?

I just think, it is TX. Quite possible that a person starting a yard sale next to house could have a gun, too. Some body armor protection might be handy for the attacker because they have a revolver, and might miss (this revolver issue was discussed many times and I know the difference).

So would a chest plate under a bathrobe/dress be a possibility? It would look odd to Liz, look quite female to us, but also be a man.

(P.S. sorry for not knowing the names of the Star Wars merchandise).

The reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible is now up to $50,000.00.

If you have a tip, please call the Crime Stoppers of Houston Tip Line - all calls are completely anonymous. Only tips and calls DIRECTLY TO Crime Stoppers are anonymous and eligible for a cash reward.

+1 (713) 222-TIPS

“50,000 reasons for someone to do the right thing to get this coward off the street,” Nuelle said.

Updated: January 25, 2022 at 6:24 PM

Because of victimology, it would seem that the killer comes from the cosplay activities. I've never seen a Star Wars movie or read any Harry Potter books, etc. Anyway, something tells me the killer is within the close inner circle of LB and whoever killed Liz or ordered Liz to be murdered, needs to enjoy their freedom now, because it's coming to an end.

It's clear the killer knew about the garage sale, knew about the anniversary trip, and knew LB would be out there on the driveway by herself that morning. Coward!

moo

Justice for Liz Barraza!

The detective's comments to the parents speaks volumes to me. LB's poor parents. moo

Last 9 minutes of the podcast:

In the linked podcast: Det. MR advised LB's parents "I want you to be prepared when we arrest the people responsible. You’re going to be devastated."

@MurderInMyFam

Out now on EP140, part 2 of the case of #LizBarraza #ElizabethBarraza who was gunned down in her #Tomball #Texas yard in 2019 Her killer & their get away vehicle were caught on surveillance but case is unsolved. In this ep, a deep dive talk w/ her parents

12:27 PM · Sep 16, 2023

1701732919799.png

The detective's comments to the parents speaks volumes to me. LB's poor parents. moo

Last 9 minutes of the podcast:

In the linked podcast: Det. MR advised LB's parents "I want you to be prepared when we arrest the people responsible. You’re going to be devastated."

@MurderInMyFam

Out now on EP140, part 2 of the case of #LizBarraza #ElizabethBarraza who was gunned down in her #Tomball #Texas yard in 2019 Her killer & their get away vehicle were caught on surveillance but case is unsolved. In this ep, a deep dive talk w/ her parents

12:27 PM · Sep 16, 2023

View attachment 465932
Detective MR's words - "the people involved" - sound like he suspects more than one - people is plural, whereas person is singular. And one would think that describing the discovery of those people as "devastating" implies a close connection.

Posts here have indicated that SB was meeting some coworkers at Lowe's after leaving the Barraza home early that morning. I don't know how far from the Barraza home that is, but I see that the Goddard School and the Lowe's are around 9 miles apart and the trip takes around 20 minutes. If the Barraza home is between the two*, the distance and drive time is less.

Could the pickup driver/shooter have driven to Goddard School to wait until SB arrived at Lowe's? And if so, I assume some communication would occur between one of the coworkers meeting SB there and the pickup driver/shooter (unless the pickup driver/shooter had SB's phone on "Find My" or something similar).

Could the 2 am drive-by the night before have been checking out the distance/timing between the two locations - Lowe's and the Barraza home - to determine in advance approximately how long it would take SB to get to the Lowe's where he would be seen by others who knew him (thus providing an alibi which adequately protected SB from suspicion)?

*ETA: Just found the approximate address of the home (8600 block of Cedar Walk Drive) which is very close to Goddard School so the distance and driving time to the nearby Lowe's are nearly the same.

Last edited:
I’ve just started reviewing this case after seeing this thread pop up over and over and finally deciding to dive in! I haven’t read every post, but I’ve skimmed, listened to podcasts and watched some videos. Here is my $0.02 (all my speculation, IMO, etc):

-I believe the shooter is a man. At first I thought woman, but the movements and voice I hear seem male. I thought the height was too short, but I think the person is taller than Liz with the driveway grade. (Wearing clothes and wig to disguise).
-The timing of the attack being so close to when the husband leaves seems to me to indicate someone close to them. I’m not saying the husband was involved, but someone knew what to look for or had some inside info to know exactly when he was gone.
-I’ve not found much about or from SB‘s parents or family.
-Interesting that the detective says her parents will be devastated when they make an arrest. Goes along with someone close to them being behind her murder.
- the garage sale…. I’m not sure it matters. I suspect the shooter would have gone up to the door, or waited for Liz to leave for work to approach. I kinda think the garage sale was luck.
-I don’t think it’s work related (Liz’s work). I just don’t get the feeling someone in that circle would know all the details of when her husband was leaving/etc, and I haven’t heard she had any issues at all at work. I supposed someone could have been jealous or felt slighted and knew when Liz typically left for work so they scoped/stalked. But I doubt it.
-The anger that seems to radiate from the encounter leads me to believe that the shooter hated Liz directly or hated her because she upset someone he cares about.
-Some examples of what I mean above:
-a woman’s husband/boyfriend thinks Liz is amazing/perfect and the wife/girlfriend is sick of hearing it (jealousy). Her good male friend or brother says “let’s kill her”. I envision this being in the Cosplay circle. Maybe Liz is somehow blocking this person from being popular in that group (or getting a costume approved etc).
-replace above with a couple who both hate her.
-a woman/man thinks SB (the husband) is being controlled or disrespected by Liz and cares so much about SB’s future that they feel they need to get rid of her. This could be Cosplay, but I think more family/friend related.

Anyway, thanks for listening and please let me know your thoughts! I hope they solve this for Liz and her parents, soon!

@Facinatingtimes

Your opinion on the garage sale is interesting. May I ask why you think it was luck and not known to the shooter? Genuinely curious to hear your thoughts.
It’s been said by SB and Liz’s parents that the garage sale was last minute, not advertised on SM and only a few people close to her knew. I believe that included her husband SB, her parents, a few people at work and SB’s mother. They put signs up in the neighborhood the night before when it was already dark.

I’m not sure when the people at work found out - when did she “call in” to take the day off? Since it was last minute, I assume the day before or day of.

I saw in one of the videos that the husband typically left for work 6:30-6:45 and Liz typically left closer to 7:00. Anyway, he left later that day because of the sale, but not much later. I just feel like the shooter could have planned to show up and watch the area from 6:30-7:00 and approach the house when SB was gone. I feel this way regardless of the sale. I don’t feel that the shooter was like “they are having a garage sale so we have to do it tomorrow morning!!”

However, if I’m wrong and the husband leaving late because of the garage sale resulted in the Nissan truck showing up right after he pulls out, it sure makes me think one of those who knew about the sale was involved.

It’s been said by SB and Liz’s parents that the garage sale was last minute, not advertised on SM and only a few people close to her knew. I believe that included her husband SB, her parents, a few people at work and SB’s mother. They put signs up in the neighborhood the night before when it was already dark.

I’m not sure when the people at work found out - when did she “call in” to take the day off? Since it was last minute, I assume the day before or day of.

I saw in one of the videos that the husband typically left for work 6:30-6:45 and Liz typically left closer to 7:00. Anyway, he left later that day because of the sale, but not much later. I just feel like the shooter could have planned to show up and watch the area from 6:30-7:00 and approach the house when SB was gone. I feel this way regardless of the sale. I don’t feel that the shooter was like “they are having a garage sale so we have to do it tomorrow morning!!”

However, if I’m wrong and the husband leaving late because of the garage sale resulted in the Nissan truck showing up right after he pulls out, it sure makes me think one of those who knew about the sale was involved.
This makes total sense. Hadn’t even thought of the garage sale not being the reason that specific day was picked until you reasoned it out.

I wonder if Liz normally parked her car in the driveway then. If she parked it in the garage and entered the garage from the inside of her house, it would have been much more difficult for shooter to get her while she is in a vehicle.

Last edited:
This makes total sense. Hadn’t even thought of the garage sale not being the reason that specific day was picked until you reasoned it out.

I wonder if Liz normally parked her car in the driveway then. If she parked it in the garage and entered the garage from the inside of her house, it would have been much more difficult for shooter to get her while she is in a vehicle.
Actually, in an interview with her parents, her mother talked about Liz being very cautious. She said she parked in the garage and locked her doors before opening the garage to exit - or something like that. So you are correct that getting her as she was leaving for work would be more challenging with her in a car. But having a gun and something to show her (note?) could distract enough to get shots in through a window. Maybe

Well, I wonder if the sale was a great opportunity, but the rush was about killing Liz before she and Sergio would depart for the anniversary trip.

If so, why could it matter? What happens when people are on an anniversary vacation? One though is obvious. A young couple, 5 years together, vacation, she is close to 30, the perfect situation for, say, family planning. And if they, indeed, return pregnant, and the person is vested into killing Liz, it would be a different kind of killing in the state of TX.
(I am not thinking this is what the Bs were thinking of, but it is what often happens, and hence, it could explain the fear and the haste of the killer).

Otherwise, why else could it be important to do it before their 5-year anniversary? What changes after 5 years of marriage? Any ideas?

Well, I wonder if the sale was a great opportunity, but the rush was about killing Liz before she and Sergio would depart for the anniversary trip.

If so, why could it matter? What happens when people are on an anniversary vacation? One though is obvious. A young couple, 5 years together, vacation, she is close to 30, the perfect situation for, say, family planning. And if they, indeed, return pregnant, and the person is vested into killing Liz, it would be a different kind of killing in the state of TX.
(I am not thinking this is what the Bs were thinking of, but it is what often happens, and hence, it could explain the fear and the haste of the killer).

Otherwise, why else could it be important to do it before their 5-year anniversary? What changes after 5 years of marriage? Any ideas?
I'm on your wavelength, I wonder if SB had a secret (jealous) admirer that he knew nothing about. Moo

Something that could change at a certain time trigger - access to funds or property in a trust or will. I have zero knowledge of anything like this in the Barraza’s case, but it’s one answer to your question.

As an amateur, I'm going to stick with basic police work, and ask who benefits most from a person's death? More than ever I am grateful that LE have been keeping their investigation close to the vest, working this case in order to solidify a case, which will stand in a court of law and seal conviction(s). There is no doubt, many people are shaking in their boots right about now, as they ought to be. moo

Liz's parents and neighbors said Liz typically left at 6:30 and Sergio typically left at 7:10. The Sergio leaving earlier and Liz leaving later was said by Sergio a few years later, seems like that is one of the many changing details coming from Sergio.

Something that could change at a certain time trigger - access to funds or property in a trust or will. I have zero knowledge of anything like this in the Barraza’s case, but it’s one answer to your question.

This is what I was asking myself, too. But logically, after five years, funds or property or something like this would be easier to access, not more difficult.

But what do I know? Maybe it simply had to do with a certain percentage of mortgage being paid after five years, or something similar. Or, indeed, a relative being old, and someone wishing to limit the number of benefactors. Somehow I can’t shake off that anniversary trip tied into it.

Detective MR's words - "the people involved" - sound like he suspects more than one - people is plural, whereas person is singular. And one would think that describing the discovery of those people as "devastating" implies a close connection.

Posts here have indicated that SB was meeting some coworkers at Lowe's after leaving the Barraza home early that morning. I don't know how far from the Barraza home that is, but I see that the Goddard School and the Lowe's are around 9 miles apart and the trip takes around 20 minutes. If the Barraza home is between the two*, the distance and drive time is less.

Could the pickup driver/shooter have driven to Goddard School to wait until SB arrived at Lowe's? And if so, I assume some communication would occur between one of the coworkers meeting SB there and the pickup driver/shooter (unless the pickup driver/shooter had SB's phone on "Find My" or something similar).

Could the 2 am drive-by the night before have been checking out the distance/timing between the two locations - Lowe's and the Barraza home - to determine in advance approximately how long it would take SB to get to the Lowe's where he would be seen by others who knew him (thus providing an alibi which adequately protected SB from suspicion)?

*ETA: Just found the approximate address of the home (8600 block of Cedar Walk Drive) which is very close to Goddard School so the distance and driving time to the nearby Lowe's are nearly the same.

A test run? Yes, absolutely could be.
However, this shooter is damn lucky their license plate wasn't detected or they would have been caught by now.
Did they know there weren't any great surveillance cameras at the school?
Would you assume the cameras weren't that great? Either BRAZEN and BOLD and/or incredibly STUPID.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back